Fratelli Brick Oven Pizza & Wine Bar
1317 First Ave
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Fratelli Brick Oven Pizza & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2122496093
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fratelli Brick Oven Pizza & Wine Bar
The scent of fresh, brick-oven pies fills this Upper East Side pizzeria that’s on par with the best Pizza in the city! Excellent Entrees and excellent service. Experience will make you wanna come back!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fratelli Brick Oven Pizza & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- great crustBeachcomberVIPDined on 9/6/2014Very nice ambiance and service. They have great pizzas and salads, among other items. The pizza was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatfineVIPDined on 9/3/2014Can always rely on a good dinner with good service & a friendly attitude to the Kids as well as the grownups!Special Features:
- As always, terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/19/2014Everything is wonderful at this neighborhood gem with outstanding Italian dishes, pizza, salads and yummy appetizers! Grazie tanto..Special Features:
- LEF327VIPDined on 8/3/2014I always love coming to Fratelli because the owners and staff make you feel at home. They are engaging every table making sure everyone is enjoying themselves and the food is good. One of my favorite neighborhood restaurants by far!Special Features:
- great PizzalobsterDined on 7/29/2014Have been there twice. The pizza is very good. However the salads, and the chicken dish as well as the Linguini and Clam sauce was just fair. Would go back only for pizza. We live in the neighborhood, and was very disappointed in the food, as well as the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, terrible serviceWestchesterTravelVIPDined on 7/28/2014We ordered a bottle of wine, an two different fish dishes. The food came out cold, the service was awful-- completely inattentive. We asked for something four times. They never came back to ask for beverage refills or to pour the wine. They simply didn't care. We will not be back.
- Always fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/24/2014Fratelli's never disappoints! Even their salads are terrific! Service outstanding. Will keep on coming back for more.Special Features:
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurantDeputyDined on 6/26/2014Excellent food. Had a small issue with my wine which was promptly corrected. The noise level was a little high due to families with small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, superbOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/25/2014Great fd, outstanding service, just a terrific lunch or dinner experience all the way around. Salads, pizza and pasta all good sized portions and delicious!Special Features:
- The following 35 reviews are from the Fratelli Brick Oven Pizza & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Better options out thereFreshwaveDined on 6/11/2014The stuffed clams were okay with a bit of an off taste. Two of us had veal parmigiana, for which the first time it was burned and the second time it was not fully cooked. The restaurant did the right thing by removing both dishes from the check and providing a two trays of dessert for us. One person ordered the salmon in balsamic vinagrette, and it was very much enjoyed. The place was almost full, which made it difficult at times to hear each other. The service was good and attentive.
- Great for catching up with friendseatingfunDined on 6/11/2014Fratelli is truly a neighborhood gem. There are other pizza places in the area that tend to be crowded and noisy. Fratelli is spacious, inviting and kid friendly. Their pizza and salad are very good, fairly priced, and satisfying. It's a favorite of nearby hospital employees for lunch. It has never disappointed. The waitstaff is attentive and efficient. Although it was a busy Friday evening on my last visit, my friend and I were not rushed out. We comfortably lingered over an after dinner coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WelcomNYMDVIPDined on 5/31/2014Good food and a warm welcoming atmosphere characterize this family friendly Italian restaurant. Portions are large.Special Features:
- Always SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/18/2014This place is right in my neighborhood and is always a reliable choice for a quick and delicious Italian meal. We usually do the brick oven pizza which is always solid. Decent wine list and always friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- let down!irelandkDined on 1/19/2014I arrived for my table only to find the restaurant had taken a private party booking and could not accommodate me. I received no cancellation notice from opentable - far from an ideal dining experience!
- DisappointedJojoNYCDined on 12/22/2013We were expecting a more authentic Italian experience overall and did not get this although the service was good and the food decent except for the marguerite pizza, which barely had an sauce and no basil, we had to ask for this. Also, there is no "Wine Bar", just a wine list, so this part is misrepresented. Would not rush back...
- Last in in NYCTom81611Dined on 11/22/2013On our last night in NYC we were tired. We did a little research on the immediate neighborhood and settled on this outstanding restaurant. As promised in another review the bread was great and crunchy. Service was perfect, ower(s) introduced themselves and were working hard! We were seated immediately for a 8:15 reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always - dependable and a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/2/2013Thanks as always. And also thanks for options on the menu that is no/lo carb and no/lo fat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid and Senior FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2013I have been a regular at Fratelli's, ever since my mom moved into a nursing home nearby. The staff and management are always welcoming, accommodating, friendly, and thoughtful. I take my mom there from time to time, and they always welcome us and accommodate her wheelchair, and make us feel at home. They do the same for families with young children. The food is good and the atmosphere is perfect for groups- especially for families with kids and/or with older adults. I recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Feels like a morgue in here24HourHappyHourDined on 6/1/2013Decent Pizza. But the ambiance is not worth it. It feels like a vampire den, or a morgue. No exagerration.
- If you can take the noisyFoodloverVIPDined on 5/22/2013If you can take the noisy atmosphere, the food is worth it.Special Features:
- great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/19/2013Fratelli's doesn't disappoint. Salads, pizza, and pasta all great here. Thanks brothers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming my go-toOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2013My Husband and I are becoming Friday night regulars here because the food is always delicious but the staff is also just so friendly and accommodating! We are never disappointed. It's a casual spot, but it's still intimate and a nice dinner out. Everything on the menu is good- the pizza, salads, pastas- all of it! I highly recommend this as a great neighborhood spot!Special Features:
- Excellent food and great atmosphereRistoDined on 3/18/2013Excellent food and great atmosphere. Service was excellent and friendly.Special Features:
- Calamari appetizer was wonderful.RichardDined on 3/2/2013Calamari appetizer was wonderful. Make a great Caesar salad too. Pasta with stocky red sauce was very flavorful. Our company had stuffed shells, was great as well.Special Features:
- The food was terrific - especiallymwstaudtVIPDined on 2/12/2013The food was terrific - especially the broccoli rabe and sausage pizza. Service was great and the wine list well priced with some nice selections. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Family Friendly Neighborhood ItaliaNYMDVIPDined on 1/12/2013The food is good, the service and hosting is very friendly and welcoming and kids are welcome. Its a great family restaurant.Special Features:
- Fratelli is our personal neighborhoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/27/2012Fratelli is our personal neighborhood gem. The staff is both welcoming and attentive. It is NOT JUST an upscale pizzeria - all their Italian meals are woderfully delicious. Specials change daily so boredom never ensues. And for those who are gluten free, Fratelli can make any pizza or pasta dish (or any of their other main dishes)gluten free. The wine list is both varied and reasonable. Don't forget to order their meatballs in addition to whatever else you're getting - you will thank me!Special Features:
- Service horrid....they areOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/18/2012Service horrid....they are too busy talking to each other & we had to keep calling outnto get attention. Had to chase them for the check as well. Annoying!
- Excellent Pizza. ReasonableavidnewyorkerDined on 10/7/2012Excellent Pizza. Reasonable choices for non-Pizza lovers. Excellent service. Old worn tables and chairs, but cleanSpecial Features:
- Pizza overdone even for aJay500Dined on 9/2/2012Pizza overdone even for a brick oven pizza. Food was cold.
- Lots of kids. Not for couplesFoodloverVIPDined on 8/9/2012Lots of kids. Not for couples more for families. Great food.
- The salad had been in theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/27/2012The salad had been in the sauce for a while by the time we go it and the pizza had been in the oven too long so that the cheese and all the veggies on it were hard (not black though). Will definitely not go back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood WonderMouseVIPDined on 6/17/2012Always a pleasure to come here. Everything is fresh and the good is wonderful. The owners and manager makes the dining experience a friendly and personal experience.Special Features:
- Good food and service!ELauDined on 6/2/2012Besides the food being good as always, the owners make it a point to stop by your table to check on the guests very often which makes this place feel very welcoming.Special Features:
- Nice gluten free choices.TiffanyDined on 5/2/2012Nice gluten free choices. I had a pasta with a rich cream sauce. Gluten free Pizza was also available.Special Features:
- Great food and exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/10/2012Great food and exceptional service! A neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- I wasn't overly impressedJerry10000VIPDined on 2/16/2012I wasn't overly impressed based on the other reviews. I didn't find the food or the service special. Not bad, but not wonderful either.
- Went there with a friend whoSuperfritziDined on 2/4/2012Went there with a friend who had a race the next day to carboload. I've been there several times - love both their pizza and pasta. The service is always exceptionally friendly. It was absolutely packed, so it was very lively and a bit loud at times, but not too bad.Special Features:
- Location, location, locationDisappointedDinerVIPDined on 1/27/2012Location, location, location - when going to the Mayo Center for the Performing Arts, this place can't be beat. Fortunately, it has other positive attributes as well. Staff is warm, friendly, and helpful. Food is well-prepared and tasty, and there is a nice variety of dishes. Atmoshpere is pleasant. BYO policy adds to the reasonableness.
- Great family restaurant. QuickOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011Great family restaurant. Quick service good food and large portions, very loud so perfect for kids but not for a quiet dinerSpecial Features: