1230 NW Hoyt Street
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fratelliportland.com/
- Phone: 5032418800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner served Wednesday - Sunday, 5-10pm, Happy Hour Wednesday - Sunday 5 - 6, 9 - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Klitsie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fratelli specializes in catering appetizer driven events and will work with you to create a personalized menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Fratelli is available for private parties; including 65 seated and 80 stand up in the restaurant; and private dining in the Lara Sydney gallery including 35 seated and 60 stand up.
- Private Party Contact: Jace Janke 5032418800
- Cross Street: Hoyt and 12th Avenue
- Public Transit: Portland streetcar: Towards waterfront, stopping at 11th between Hoyt and Glisan, towards Good Samaritan Hospital, at 10th between Flanders and Glisan.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking and several lots nearby.
A word from Fratelli
A little bit of Italy in the Northwest! The next time you visit Portland, Oregon-on business or for fun-come dine with us at Ristorante Fratelli! We pride ourselves on our simple, regional approach to Italian cuisine. We cook with only the freshest local organic produce, meats and herbs. In addition to our tantalizing selection of the finest grappas, sambucas and spumantes, we offer you a rich, Italian/Oregon wine list, featuring renowned blends and vintages from all of Oregon and Italy's regions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fratelli reviews from OpenTable diners
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2013I have lived in Portland my entire life, and Fratelli may very well be the best restaurant I have found yet. Spectacular service, friendly wait staff, romantic and modern ambiance, and most importantly, Amazing food. The bruschetta with NY tri-tip and and truffle oil for appetizer, and juniper marinated flank steak were absolutely delicious. Highly recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service, Wonderful PlaceMrBuchkoDined on 10/31/2013My wife and I have visited Fratelli on several occasions: we became a couple there in 2011, it was our destination after my wedding proposal in 2012, and this trip was to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. The menu is not expansive but the food there is delicately prepared and lovingly displayed before you in a manner so elegant that for forget about your limited selection. The service here is unparalleled; with a caring and knowledgeable staff so courteous you'll wish they were your servers at every other restaurant you'll trek to thereafter. We CAN NOT recommend this place enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday celebrationFoodiesfromthecouveDined on 10/26/2013Amazing food, very creative, we were celebrating a birthday with friends after just spending two weeks in Italy, and were significantly impressed with the food quality. A bit more complex that most of the food we ate there, as authentic Italian appears to be much more simple, but this exceeded our expectations for PDX. I would only suggest a bit more vegetarian fare, as I thought that was what I was ordering, so was surprised it contained meat ( Orecchiette)..I am thinking my my mistake in reading the menu??? We will definitely look forward to and try the new venture in Vancouver next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Italian food in the PearlLuv2eatoutDined on 10/20/2013My husband and I love this restaurant. It has a great atmosphere, great cocktails and wine, and very good Italian food. We often bring friends, and everyone we have brought likes it, too. The service is unobtrusive, yet very good. As for the food, I love the appetizers and salads. I had a fabulous autumn salad with beats and poached egg recently, and I loved it. We also shared warm marinated olives and salami, which we all loved. As for the entrees, one of us had the smoked pork entree and gave it rave reviews. One had the sea bass, and found it to be a little over cooked. However, we'll definitely eat at Fratelli's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small fantastic gemLovejacksonVIPDined on 10/10/2013Been there twice now and both times the food has been fantastic and the service attentive. It is in a small cozy location which just feels friendly as you enter. We will be back again soon.Special Features:
- Good food, warm service & ambienceluv2dineDined on 9/27/2013In one word, Go! We appreciated the tweaking of the offerings to suit our dietary needs. While we were disappointed that they were out of the tuna (listed prominently in the entree section), the replacement cod (hard to make tasty) was very nicely cooked! Thanks, Fratelli and our lovely waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice in PearlBrasseurDined on 9/27/2013Locals recommended Ristorante Fratelli and we were glad to try it. The menu is short which is something I like to see yet the options were varied and interesting. I was disappointed that the Happy Hour specials were only available at the bar, but our server did offer us a bowl of olives at that price at our table. Preparation is careful and flavor/seasoning was pronounced. I had a roasted corn and mushroom gnocchi dish and the smoked/roasted corn fragrance perfumed the restaurant. Dishes were distinctive! I would have liked more seafood and chicken options and I found prices a bit high for Portland. I'd go back, but would strategize more with our order to get a lighter and less expensive meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a romantic nightBrimarVIPDined on 9/22/2013My husband I dined at Fratelli's on a Sunday evening in September. We were celebrating our 1st anniversary, as we celebrated our engagment at Fratelli's two years prior. This is our favorite restaurant for a romantic dinner. The dining area is small (about a dozen tables), which provides an intimate feeling without feeling like everyone can hear your every word. The room is dimely lit with faint loungey music We had the steak bruschette and meatball appetizers (both good, bruschette was best). My husband had the Orecchiete alla carbonara (which had the most amazing flavor) and I had the ricotta gnocci (also good but a little mushy). We like this restaurant because it is nice but not too fancy or uptight.Special Features:
- freshly fratelli'skanikineDined on 9/22/2013for a paleo eater going italian is an anxious experience: will there be anything without wheat in it? at fratelli's (chose because of its $$ rather than $$$ rating), fresh & local are more important than pasta. & yes, i did enjoy the homemade papparadelle, my first taste of pasta in 15 months! this italian cafe was comfortable, delicious, homey. the food tasted homemade & as if everything was picked out back that day. i could have been more please with my foray into homemade noodles perfectly served with tender roasted pork & a tart plum sauce: i licked up every bite! it was an easy walk to our theatrical evening event, nice to have after the wine we savored with our meal~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour treats all day Sunday!lawsloDined on 9/22/2013We haven't been to fratelli's in years but loved our recent visit. YUM- good for vegetarians!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ExperienceGMoneyDined on 9/21/2013We choose the location based on a recommendation of a friend. We were surprising pleased. At first glance the suroundings seemed a bit crowded and perhaps on the noisy side but regardless of any shortcomings of these points the food was outstanding. enough of a selection for options on all three courses. My wife had the gnocchi and I had teh lasagna and both were outstanding. There were six in our party and not a nibble was left on any one plate. I highly recommend Fratelli!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013In a city with countless excellent restaurants, it's hard for one to stand out. However, Fratelli did just that when we visited, serving up classic, delicious Italian food at a reasonable price with attentive (but never overbearing or snooty) service. Suggested wine pairings matched the dishes beautifully, portions were generous but not overwhelming and presentations were delightful.Special Features:
- Great Food & CocktailsDavidKVIPDined on 8/30/2013We dined at the bar on a Friday night over the holiday weekend - it was relatively quiet but there was still atmosphere and we had a great time. The barman was friendly, attentive and he made great cocktails - we thoroughly enjoyed the "Ninety-Eight" and the "Corpse Reviver". Food portions may be smaller than you'd experience elsewhere but truly plentiful enough. The menu offers some foodie options and I had the paparadelle with wild boar ragu and it was excellent. My son is vegetarian and so had fewer choices and ended up with the gnocchi that was good but not great. Overall, a very pleasant evening and I'll certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOUSE MADE CHARCUTERIEOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2013Fratelli is an absolute gem in the Pearl District. It is very personal and intimate compared to the larger surrounding restaurants where one tends to feel rushed and overlooked. At fratelli, I felt more like a guest than like a walking dollar sign. Their house made charcuterie (Porchetta di testa, Chicken Liver mousse, rillette, and mortadella) were the star of the evening. Beautifully prepared, plated and accompanied by a generous array of pickled vegetables and preserves. The cocktails were truly unique and the Pork loin was smoky and balanced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beware of servers hiding happy hourraring77Dined on 8/25/2013Good dinner, but they didn't inform us of happy hour being offered all day on Sundays (listed on website) and charged us $8/glass for house wine while others were getting house wine for $6/glass. Also, the server gave us no information on the food specials on Sunday. Now I know why everyone around us was getting wood fired pizzas (they were only $7-9). Fratelli staff should inform diners of specials even if they aren't familiar with the restaurant. This is not good service to keep happy hour prices secret to newcomers! Poor service!
- Delightful neighborhood tattorialikestoeatPortlandDined on 8/25/2013Fratelli is a relatively small neighborhood Italian restaurant (neighborhood is the very urban Pearl ) with 3 dining areas , one for a large group which has its own private room , a room with a bar and smaller tables, and outdoor street seating in good weather. Service was friendly and efficient , food very good with nice variety for a small setting. Antipasta with chicken liver pate , grilled onions and grainy mustard was great. Been there before and would definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentcorbakeDined on 8/18/2013First time we have eaten there. My husband had found the restaurant on the internet and the food was great. Would recommend it to all my friendsSpecial Features:
- Consistently delishiousheidipDined on 8/3/2013I am always surprised how this place remains uncrowded... If everyone knew how fantastic the food was they would flock to Fratelli. I know the Pearl has some great restaurants and competition for customers is fierce, yet I see folks opting for Fratellis neighbors instead...if you compare the food...hands down Fratelli beats the neighbors every single time!!! We ate out on the patio this weekend and really enjoyed the ambiance and service. The shaved beef mascarpone crostini should not be missed.Special Features:
- lost opportunityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2013With so much potential given a great interior design they fell short by offering burned pizza (blackened and crumbled upon being picked up) and poor service. Food was overall a 3 given a very good mortadella and pate, but was overshadowed by over done crostini (not freshly made) and a virtually black pizza crust that should never have been delivered to a customer. Additionally our service was very poor. He delivered our food and never checked back to see how we were doing (had to flag him down for water) until we were ready for desert. He showed no interest.Special Features:
- HummmJayeDined on 8/1/2013Our 5th visit and not up to par. Took FOREVER to get our food and then it was not hot. Maybe it was because it was so busy....We'll give it another chance in a few weeks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!danakVIPDined on 7/21/2013Wish there was a 4.5! Great little restaurant. Food was amazing. Loved the beef bruschetta with truffle oil. I had the wild boar pappardelle--scrumptious! Friend had the pork loin--cooked perfectly. Cheese board had my fave (humboldt fog) and salted Carmel blonde brownie with same gelato was decadent. Our sidewalk table made the most of the lovely weather. Our server was perfectly attentive and very knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- 8:00pmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2013My wife and I went for dinner/happy hour Saturday night. We sat on the patio, which was awesome. Our server Keith was helpful and fun. We had probably 10 different dishes and several cocktails each. The mortadella is the best i've had in PDX, and I get it everywhere that offers it. The wood fired pizza was on point too. Will be returning soon i'm sure.Special Features:
- A neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/4/2013I nice, intimate restaurant with a pleasant atmosphere and comfortable music. I like their small menu yet each dish was perfect. The wine list is ample and varied. The service was perfect. It's nice to have an eatery that doesn't have television, blaring and annoying music and so much noise that you can't hold a conversation with the rest of the table. We will frequent Fratelli's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit, but not our lastJ2RHatDined on 7/4/2013Ambiance is that of a simplistic industrial design. Antipasti: Beets, blue cheese, pork jowls w/balsamic reduction. Fabulous! Primi: Kale salad, w/pickled zucchini, on brochette w/seasoned ricotta. Very nice flavors. Secondi: Pappardelli w/wild boar. The wild boar was tender. The pasta was cooked to perfection and the gravy was heavenly. Smoked Mt shadowed pork loin with asparagus and lentils. The pork was well seasoned, tender and moist. The lentils had very nice flavor with a perfect amount of lemon. Dolci: Dark chocolate brownie w/espresso gelato, marshmallow cream and pine nut brittle. This was an ok desert. Lemon profiteroles with a basil/balsamic syrup. The balsamic syrup was a little too intense. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Consistently goodWildredsideDined on 6/14/2013We've been going to fratelli's for years and have had superior experiences every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing menu. ForKiinoteVIPDined on 6/8/2013Very disappointing menu. For an Italian restaurant to have only two pasta selections seems very strange. Some of the offerings were very exotic. Quality and taste of dishes were fair at best. For the quality of the dishes the menu is very over-priced.
- Cozy Italian DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2013We had great meals, our server was fantastic. Went out of his way to find us some Tiramisu not on the menu, but they had some from a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, comparable serviceBillDined on 5/24/2013Lovely restaurant, excellent food and great service.Special Features:
- Took my son to dinner to enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/15/2013Took my son to dinner to enjoy the food. As always it was top flight, creative, unique and fascinating. Staff is exceptionally knowledgeable (and always has been). You may make any menu inquiries and get a complete expalnation of the item's presentation. Fratelli has been for yeas one of my favorite Portland restaurants.Special Features:
- This was my second time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2013This was my second time dining at Fratelli and the experience was again very good. Excellent service and knowledgeable waiter made for a great evening as our group selected several items that may not normally have been our first choice. Everything turned out great and our halibut, pork and wild boar entrees were excellent. Don't get to Portland often but would like to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite PDX RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013Been eating at Fratelli since I moved to PDX in 2005. Aside from a few 'misses' (maybe 2-3 in about 50 meals) their food has been outstanding, and it's always fresh and seasonal. I love the Northern Italian approach. You never get a huge plate of gluggy, over-cooked pasta. It's always interesting and fresh cuts of meat or hand-made pasta (or gnocchi/risotto) in reasonable portions, with fascinating sauces and in-season vegetables. And they will gladly cook your child a little pizza, even if it's not on the menu. The portions are such that you can safely order an appetizer, a main, and dessert and walk out satisfied but not aching and bloated. I love, love love this place.Special Features:
- My wife and I went here forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2013My wife and I went here for our anniversary. The risotto was excellent, but the dessert was fantastic.
- Fabulous food from beginningdockateVIPDined on 3/27/2013Fabulous food from beginning to end. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- This is NOT the Olive Graden....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013One of my favorite places to eat in all of Portland. Seriously...Special Features:
- This is our second time aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013This is our second time a Fratelli and it was absolutely delish. We went on a Sunday night and they were surprisingly slow. I can’t believe they weren’t slammed!!! Good for me, bad for everyone else. I had the rabbit special and my friend had lasagna. The special came out and looked like artwork but tasted like heaven and the lasagna was outstanding too! I'm not sure if it was because they were slow, but I was doted on. The line cook (is that PC?) let me try a few things spread on a crostini and the chef gave me a scoop of delicious hazelnut gelato (on the house). I am telling you, this place is a GEM! Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- Must go!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Fratelli was excellent. The server was attentive and funny. The chef even came out to check on us. I had stuffed rabbit wrapped in prosciutto. It was simply AMAZING, I could have had another!! The four of us split two desserts and they were heavenly, and the perfect amount of food. Can not wait to go back. I recommend Fratelli to anyone and everyone!!!Special Features:
- Had five courses. Four wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/27/2013Had five courses. Four were outstanding. Sweetbread special was a little to smokey for my taste, kinda homogenized the dish. Will return.Special Features:
- Perfect Romantic NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2013My girlfriend and I were celebrating Valentines day late and I chanced upon Fratelli and made reservations. Eric was our server and he made the evening amazing for us. The service, food, and drinks were all perfect and just what we were hoping for on a special night. We'll definitely be coming back at some point.Special Features:
- First time to this place toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013First time to this place to celebrate my daughters 20th birthday. Really enjoyed the food and the staff.Special Features:
- We made reservations for ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We made reservations for Valentines Day. We got to the resturant at 8:20 for our 8:30 reservations. We could not even make it down the hallway, it was packed with a long line of people waiting for their 8:15 reservations. The resturant was behind and did not have any tables to give. We were so dissapointed, we were dressed up and ready for a romantic dinner and we were being told that it would be another hour wait. We could not even wait in the bar because it was full. So our only option was to leave or stand in a dark, packed hallway for an hour with 30 other people. We choose to leave. The manager did not offer drink tickets, or a discounted dinner to entice us to come back. This resturant let us donw on the most romantic date of the year