1901 Hyde Street
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frascatisf.com/
- Phone: 4159281406
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Michael Pawlik
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available upon request. They are able to meet your needs for parties up to 100 people.
- Entertainment: Outdoor dining (weather permitting).
A word from Frascati
Frascati is a charming Russian Hill neighborhood bistro featuring rustic Mediterranean-influenced cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Frascati - Best Restaurants in Russian Hill ›
Frascati reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)fit for foodies (69)romantic (57)special occasion (46)notable wine list (33)hot spot (16)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great food, but very noisy place...AllEarsDined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed the dinner; but would only recommend to people not interested in having a conversation along with their meal. We were there on a Friday at 6 pm, at one of the two front tables right by the entrance and had to shout at our dinner partners. Earlier in the week might be a little better for lower decibels. Front tables are also best for views of the cable cars floating by...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic date night eveningmeganrehmVIPDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I came here on Friday night for a nice, romantic dinner and really loved it. It's in a lovely location on Hyde & Green and we were seated in the balcony (which was very hot). I got the halibut and he got the paparadelle with Italian sausage. We both enjoyed our meals but weren't blown away, especially since it's pricey. We split the chocolate bread pudding for dessert topped with hazelnut ice cream - that was the highlight. It was absolutely delicious. The service was very good and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Frascati's got its MoJo back!luv2eatVIPDined on 10/14/2014Frascati's returns to its successful formula of yummy food, sizeable portions, charming service, and a well priced wine list! For good reason, this neighborhood gem has been a favorite of Russian Hill neighbors for over a decade. Forget about the increasing urban density as you watch the cable cars go by and are transported back to the charm of old San Francisco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014Went here with my wife for our first anniversary. Beautiful spot, very romantic vibe. Short ribs were AMAZING. Very friendly host got us a great seat. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantSPALVIPDined on 10/9/2014Great food at an affordable price. I sat at a window table overlooking Hyde St, with cable cars and pedestrians passing by in a relatively quiet neighborhood. The flavors of the roasted persimmon salad were wonderful although the greens seemed a tad wilted (not soggy by any means). The pan-seared bass was equally delicious; it came out piping hot and retained the heat for a while, allowing me to enjoy it at a leisurely pace. It was perfectly paired with a glass of the Verdicchio, a crisp, clean, citrusy white wine with a smooth finish. The chocolate bread pudding was very rich and big enough for 3 to share, which meant I had leftovers for a late night snack in my hotel. More cake than bread pudding, which I prefer. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic ambiancejungbimDined on 9/30/2014perfect gourmet dinner location for romantic nightSpecial Features:
- Special spot!KristaDined on 9/28/2014This was my first trip to San Fran and I really wanted to fine I'm a place that the locals love. We found it! Neighborhood restaurant. Quaint. Food was excellent and the prices are fair. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate like Italian MerchantsConsulofRomeDined on 9/26/2014Good wines, great apps, and I had the roasted chicken... wow. The GF had the pasta and sausage, strong work there too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and servicewellfedDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I felt fortunate to book an early dinner just a few days ahead of time. The restaurant was fairly quiet even as it filled up during our seating. We enjoyed the chic but comfortable ambiance, and the staff seemed to appear at our table at just the right times. The menu offered so many unique and tempting choices. We settled on an octopus starter plus gnocchi with white truffle oil; our entrees were duck breast and risotto. All were perfectly prepared and fabulous. This was on a par with the best restaurants we have ever visited!Special Features:
- Pork Chop to die forVagabondbkVIPDined on 9/23/2014We had a great time. I had the pork it was perfect not dry not tough. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Fabulous food and service!!Kitty185Dined on 9/21/2014We were visiting San Francisco and it was our favorite restaurant. I wish we were staying longer because we would have eaten there again. We will return.Special Features:
- Fabulous as always!AliciaDined on 9/19/2014We discovered Frascati's years ago and it remains one of our San Francisco favorites. The wine, the food, the service, and the ambiance remain consistent and make for a perfect evening. Strongly suggest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!CarolVIPDined on 9/19/2014Small quaint restaurant. We sat in the window looking onto the sidewalk and street. We had a great meal w/ wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulldiningCDined on 9/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Frascati. We were in from Europe and saw the place while on the streetcar and remembered the intersection on which it is located. I'm glad I did, because the food was very good and the service was great. Would definitely go back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Finominal" Figs!monMichelDined on 9/13/2014Frascati has a wonderful selection of flavor. Intense richness with layered flavors. The warm figs over grilled bruschetta with goat cheese and balsamic reduction was delicious. You may have enjoyed this dish before, but I doubt it had the flavor presented at Frascati. This is a neighborhood gem worth finding.Special Features:
- favorite gem in sfLovegoodfoodDined on 9/11/2014Once again returned to SF; once again returned to Frascati's; once again reminded why we always do. Incredibly warm and welcoming staff, very friendly atmosphere and food is outstanding, accompanied by great wine list. Gnocchi appetizer and main chicken dish were biblical; sardines, risotto, octopus salad, pork sirloin, all fantastic. We brought folks who had never been and they are already booking a second reservation. Great, small, attentive, outstanding restaurant serving some of the consistently best food in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Frascati is a gem, everything was perfect. All 4 of us agreed it was one or our best dining experiences ever. The service was from the heart, as if we had been dining at this restaurant regularly for years. Every dish was delicious and all of us loved every dish that was served. We are looking forward to going back to try some of the other dishes. My greatest compliments to all the staff - thank you so much for a wonderful meal in a delightful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't live up to the hypePollyDadVIPDined on 9/1/2014Given the expectations, Frascati was disappointing. The food was good, but not anything we haven't experienced previously. The waitress was friendly, professional and attentive, but she failed to warn my wife that her selections were unbalanced, too rich, and ultimately unsatisfying. At $60.00, a bottle of 2010 Figge Cellars Pinot Noir, was overpriced and mediocre. It is an excellent neighborhood find, but we won't be returniing.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner-great food & servicesflocalDined on 8/30/2014A lovely dinner! I felt like I was in Europe! A small neighborhood place, with tons of charm, wonderful staff, great food --- just outstanding. We brought by 94 year old father, who needs a low salt diet, and they were SO accommodating. Gave us a quiet table, had a wonderful server and just an outstanding meal. We had 2 starters: Gnocchi and Grilled Monterey Bay Sardines -- both outstanding. My father and Sister split the Halibut and I had the steak. The steak was served with some delicious root vegetables, and the Halibut was on top of a cauliflower puree. We had a some fantastic sorbet for dessert. All in all, just a wonderful meal -- the weather was perfect, with the windows open, so you could see/hear the cable cars going by.Special Features:
- WelchmanDined on 8/20/2014Great food but we felt pressed to eat fast by server as if they over booked and needed us to hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We lived in SF years ago, and were back visiting friends. As foodies with kids, we were concerned about finding the right balance. We were extremely impressed with the staff and the food. Every dish was prepared perfectly. They even did a half portion for the kids. Very classy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBLLVIPDined on 8/14/2014We took out of town guests there for dinner and we all had great time. Food, wine very good. Noisy but expected. One of our city favorites.
- great find!Hass1Dined on 8/14/2014Food was superb. Staff was nice once we got in. Had a 5:30 dinner. Came at 5:15 and they made us sit outside until 5:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint with big flavors!HonestChefDined on 8/14/2014Ambiance was romantic; Loved the seasonal menu; food was delicious and fresh; would have liked a larger fish selection;Special Features:
- Top Restaurant in Russian HillCR89Dined on 8/13/2014Great restaurant with wonderful owners, attentive staff, and awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timePoachedEggsDined on 8/11/2014It was our first time at Frascati. The service was helpful and warm without being intrusive, which we really liked. The Gnocchi, pork chop, duck and panna cotta-- all amazing. The ambience has an overall homey vibe. The food is outstanding and also has a very comforting feel about it. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:
- PoppieDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic! Most enjoyable. Great ambience and service. Food is divine. Really felt part of the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!livnlargeVIPDined on 8/8/2014We happened to be walking by on our way to the cable car stop and liked the look of this corner neighborhood restaurant. So happy we did! Our family of 4 including a 10 and 13 yr old really enjoyed our meal. The fig appetizer and cheese plate were a perfect way to start our dinner. Everyone enjoyed their entrees of filet, pork porterhouse and fresh pappardelle. All were delicious! The service was attentive and helpful. Would definitely go back next time we are in San Fran.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014Frascati matches the best dining in The City, but without the extreme pricing or formality. Everything is excellent, but we were particularly impressed with the black mission fig creations, the octopus salad, the huge pork porterhouse, and the afogatto desert. Service was professional, yet friendly. A window table provides one of the best views of the cable cars in all of The City. Go if you can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt service was so soOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/4/2014I go here regularly and didn't feel that my special requests for my mothers birthday was noticed. Various servers served our table, really just an ok service experience. Food good same menu, done well. Just service fell short this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerBuzDinVIPDined on 8/4/2014I have walked by this place a million times and always wanted to try. Finally went there on a Monday night (not always the best night to eat out) and it was fantastic. We had a group of four that ordered the 2 - half chickens and 2 - seafood pastas which we all ate everything on our plates. The fig appetizer was so good and the burrata. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosy and enjoyable eveningKirkstylesDined on 7/31/2014We had a really super meal, the restaurant has a really nice and intimate feel to it. Food and service were great. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- DsesDined on 7/30/2014Very good food and atmosphere. Loved the neighborhood location but in the city.
- Delicious eveningGigiwaDined on 7/26/2014We completely enjoyed the dining, wine and service at this small, friendly but upscale restaurant. Particularly enjoyed the fig and the lamb appetizers and panna cotta for dessert. All the entrees we tried were delicious and wine choices were lovely. The only negative was a tiny washroom-- a little tricky to maneuver in there. Would visit again though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special DinnerParaDoxDined on 7/26/2014Couldn't ask for more--great food and friendly service.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Frascati is our favorite restaurant in San Francisco. The food is always consistent, the staff knowledgeable and the atmosphere great... always funSpecial Features:
- Great and undeniably consistentAPhillipsDined on 7/25/2014We returned after 6 months and the experience remains wonderful. Great food, lively place, and service extraodinaire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurlpersonVIPDined on 7/24/2014Such good food. We liked everything we had from the sardines 3 salads, 4 different entrees and tasty desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in SFOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/22/2014The food is excellent. The service impeccable. The dessert amazing! Right off the Hyde Street Cable Car. Such a very San Francisco experience. The place all romantic movies should film there dinner scenes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerSterlingVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had such a good time Saturday night. the food was great, especially the service and the Halibut. Thank you, SterlingSpecial Features: