1901 Hyde Street
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frascatisf.com/
- Phone: (415) 928-1406
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Michael Pawlik
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available upon request. They are able to meet your needs for parties up to 100 people.
- Entertainment: Outdoor dining (weather permitting).
A word from Frascati
Frascati is a charming Russian Hill neighborhood bistro featuring rustic Mediterranean-influenced cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Frascati - Best Restaurants in Russian Hill ›
Frascati reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (90)fit for foodies (79)romantic (69)special occasion (54)notable wine list (35)hot spot (14)scenic view (13)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good Italian spot on Hyde!BillDined on 11/15/2014We had an excellent dinner here -- definitely try the "fresh spaghetti" and the octopus salad. On the wine side, I would highly recommend the barolo! Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesDined on 11/14/2014Only offer beer & wine. Cocktails would add to the restaurant. Felt hurried by s,,mervice. Once, communicatkleld thak,t to the selkrver; improved.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fourth visit to this lovely little restaurant.PerfectDined on 11/13/2014Lovely restaurant, great food. Always creative. Right on the Hyde-Powell cable car line - just get off at Green Street crossing...return the same way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in Russian HillMariaRDHVIPDined on 11/11/2014This was my first visit to Frascati. The food was good, as was the service. I would have liked a few more pasta selections, but the appetizer gnocchi and the burrata were very good. My husband had the pork chop which he enjoyed.Special Features:
- Delicious and CozyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/10/2014The atmosphere is warm and welcoming from the moment you enter. There are tables downstairs as well as a few multi-level sections above that are cozy and romantic. Frascati has one of those menus where it is hard to choose what to order, as everything sounds delicious. The food was beautifully presented and very tasty. The wine list has many interesting choices and is well-priced. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Absolutely AwesomeThaneDined on 11/4/2014There were a group of 8 of us visiting the area from the Midwest. I had eaten at Frascati's in June, and wanted more. Our experience was fantastic. The menu options were diverse and exciting, the food was terrific, the service very good. The next time I am in SF, I am going back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally 5-Star Tonight Was 2-StarJohnnyDDined on 10/28/2014We have dined at Frascati for many, many years, always 5-star, but this visit was 2-star. We asked if owner changed recently, couldn't get an answer. Issues were: too fast a pace of service, over-cooked entree, down-graded wine options and toilets. Manager at the door was watching diners too much, and hustling staff to clear tables too early. Despite asking for relaxed pace, appetisers and entrees served practically back-to-back. We reminded them about taking a break before entree, but suspect duck breasts had already been cooked as when they turned up (8-mins after appetisers) they were over-cooked and plate was burning hot from oven/lamp. Wine list downgraded, grand marque french champagnes replaced with unknown sparkling wines.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014After reading such good reviews we were eager to try Frascati. We were seated in an upstairs room with a pleasant view of the dining room downstaiirs and kitchen, however, the acoustics magnified every sound from below us from a screaming child to clanging of dishes and pots, making it quite unpleasant. Although a first course of figs and magtag blue cheese was delightful the maple leaf duck breast, while tender, had an odd tasting Huckleberry sauce. A halibut and grilled bread salad were good but not consistent with what we hoped for. A side dish of spinach was so bitter and strange tasting that we should have sent it back. WE could not even imagine what could have made it taste so poorly. A disappointing experience.
- A very dependable restaurantmhallVIPDined on 10/26/2014A very nice restaurant I 've been here at least three times...The waitress was superb.Everyone at my table liked their food and ambience was lovely.A great place for dinner on a Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencelpeaDined on 10/25/2014The food and wine here, combined with the amazing service, made for a great experience. My parents were visiting from out of town and it was perfect - a great classy-yet-semi casual spot. Not too crowded, not too loud, great food. The waitress was very knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing experienceTerjeWDined on 10/24/2014Got a very positive impression entering the restaurant, the decor and atmosphere. However we very soon got the feeling of being rushed through the meal (turning tables).
- terrific Italian diningbilllVIPDined on 10/23/2014In a city with many fine options, this one really stands out.Special Features:
- Wonderful findKTSeattleDined on 10/22/2014We chanced upon this place via Tripadvisor and are so happy we came. Neighborhood place with charm, impeccable service and yummy food. Would happily return.Special Features:
- MarsanDined on 10/22/2014Wonderful neighborhood restaurant. Noise level was extremely high which made it difficult to have a normal conversation. Our waitress, Gabriella was not service oriented.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Competent ServiceSalemOregonFoodieDined on 10/17/2014We were seated promptly, however, we were seated upstairs and it was very, very warm due to the large numbers of diners and the open kitchen. I would request seating on the street level if I were to return. The food was fine, the selection was not large, and the service was fine. I would go again, but nothing special, just decent food, not a bargain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but very noisy place...AllEarsDined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed the dinner; but would only recommend to people not interested in having a conversation along with their meal. We were there on a Friday at 6 pm, at one of the two front tables right by the entrance and had to shout at our dinner partners. Earlier in the week might be a little better for lower decibels. Front tables are also best for views of the cable cars floating by...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic date night eveningmeganrehmVIPDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I came here on Friday night for a nice, romantic dinner and really loved it. It's in a lovely location on Hyde & Green and we were seated in the balcony (which was very hot). I got the halibut and he got the paparadelle with Italian sausage. We both enjoyed our meals but weren't blown away, especially since it's pricey. We split the chocolate bread pudding for dessert topped with hazelnut ice cream - that was the highlight. It was absolutely delicious. The service was very good and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Frascati's got its MoJo back!luv2eatVIPDined on 10/14/2014Frascati's returns to its successful formula of yummy food, sizeable portions, charming service, and a well priced wine list! For good reason, this neighborhood gem has been a favorite of Russian Hill neighbors for over a decade. Forget about the increasing urban density as you watch the cable cars go by and are transported back to the charm of old San Francisco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014Went here with my wife for our first anniversary. Beautiful spot, very romantic vibe. Short ribs were AMAZING. Very friendly host got us a great seat. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantSPALVIPDined on 10/9/2014Great food at an affordable price. I sat at a window table overlooking Hyde St, with cable cars and pedestrians passing by in a relatively quiet neighborhood. The flavors of the roasted persimmon salad were wonderful although the greens seemed a tad wilted (not soggy by any means). The pan-seared bass was equally delicious; it came out piping hot and retained the heat for a while, allowing me to enjoy it at a leisurely pace. It was perfectly paired with a glass of the Verdicchio, a crisp, clean, citrusy white wine with a smooth finish. The chocolate bread pudding was very rich and big enough for 3 to share, which meant I had leftovers for a late night snack in my hotel. More cake than bread pudding, which I prefer. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner!bcabbageDined on 10/6/2014My wife treated me to dinner at Frascati for my birthday. What a terrific place! She reserved a table overlooking the kitchen. Watching the kitchen staff cook our food was a real treat. A GREAT neighborhood restaurant in SF without the tourist traps. My pork chop was done perfectly, as was my wife's fish dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic ambiancejungbimDined on 9/30/2014perfect gourmet dinner location for romantic nightSpecial Features:
- Special spot!KristaDined on 9/28/2014This was my first trip to San Fran and I really wanted to fine I'm a place that the locals love. We found it! Neighborhood restaurant. Quaint. Food was excellent and the prices are fair. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate like Italian MerchantsConsulofRomeDined on 9/26/2014Good wines, great apps, and I had the roasted chicken... wow. The GF had the pasta and sausage, strong work there too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and servicewellfedDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I felt fortunate to book an early dinner just a few days ahead of time. The restaurant was fairly quiet even as it filled up during our seating. We enjoyed the chic but comfortable ambiance, and the staff seemed to appear at our table at just the right times. The menu offered so many unique and tempting choices. We settled on an octopus starter plus gnocchi with white truffle oil; our entrees were duck breast and risotto. All were perfectly prepared and fabulous. This was on a par with the best restaurants we have ever visited!Special Features:
- Pork Chop to die forVagabondbkVIPDined on 9/23/2014We had a great time. I had the pork it was perfect not dry not tough. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Fabulous food and service!!Kitty185Dined on 9/21/2014We were visiting San Francisco and it was our favorite restaurant. I wish we were staying longer because we would have eaten there again. We will return.Special Features:
- Fabulous as always!AliciaDined on 9/19/2014We discovered Frascati's years ago and it remains one of our San Francisco favorites. The wine, the food, the service, and the ambiance remain consistent and make for a perfect evening. Strongly suggest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!CarolVIPDined on 9/19/2014Small quaint restaurant. We sat in the window looking onto the sidewalk and street. We had a great meal w/ wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulldiningCDined on 9/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Frascati. We were in from Europe and saw the place while on the streetcar and remembered the intersection on which it is located. I'm glad I did, because the food was very good and the service was great. Would definitely go back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Finominal" Figs!monMichelDined on 9/13/2014Frascati has a wonderful selection of flavor. Intense richness with layered flavors. The warm figs over grilled bruschetta with goat cheese and balsamic reduction was delicious. You may have enjoyed this dish before, but I doubt it had the flavor presented at Frascati. This is a neighborhood gem worth finding.Special Features:
- favorite gem in sfLovegoodfoodDined on 9/11/2014Once again returned to SF; once again returned to Frascati's; once again reminded why we always do. Incredibly warm and welcoming staff, very friendly atmosphere and food is outstanding, accompanied by great wine list. Gnocchi appetizer and main chicken dish were biblical; sardines, risotto, octopus salad, pork sirloin, all fantastic. We brought folks who had never been and they are already booking a second reservation. Great, small, attentive, outstanding restaurant serving some of the consistently best food in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Frascati is a gem, everything was perfect. All 4 of us agreed it was one or our best dining experiences ever. The service was from the heart, as if we had been dining at this restaurant regularly for years. Every dish was delicious and all of us loved every dish that was served. We are looking forward to going back to try some of the other dishes. My greatest compliments to all the staff - thank you so much for a wonderful meal in a delightful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't live up to the hypePollyDadVIPDined on 9/1/2014Given the expectations, Frascati was disappointing. The food was good, but not anything we haven't experienced previously. The waitress was friendly, professional and attentive, but she failed to warn my wife that her selections were unbalanced, too rich, and ultimately unsatisfying. At $60.00, a bottle of 2010 Figge Cellars Pinot Noir, was overpriced and mediocre. It is an excellent neighborhood find, but we won't be returniing.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner-great food & servicesflocalDined on 8/30/2014A lovely dinner! I felt like I was in Europe! A small neighborhood place, with tons of charm, wonderful staff, great food --- just outstanding. We brought by 94 year old father, who needs a low salt diet, and they were SO accommodating. Gave us a quiet table, had a wonderful server and just an outstanding meal. We had 2 starters: Gnocchi and Grilled Monterey Bay Sardines -- both outstanding. My father and Sister split the Halibut and I had the steak. The steak was served with some delicious root vegetables, and the Halibut was on top of a cauliflower puree. We had a some fantastic sorbet for dessert. All in all, just a wonderful meal -- the weather was perfect, with the windows open, so you could see/hear the cable cars going by.Special Features:
- WelchmanVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great food but we felt pressed to eat fast by server as if they over booked and needed us to hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We lived in SF years ago, and were back visiting friends. As foodies with kids, we were concerned about finding the right balance. We were extremely impressed with the staff and the food. Every dish was prepared perfectly. They even did a half portion for the kids. Very classy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBLLVIPDined on 8/14/2014We took out of town guests there for dinner and we all had great time. Food, wine very good. Noisy but expected. One of our city favorites.
- great find!Hass1Dined on 8/14/2014Food was superb. Staff was nice once we got in. Had a 5:30 dinner. Came at 5:15 and they made us sit outside until 5:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint with big flavors!HonestChefDined on 8/14/2014Ambiance was romantic; Loved the seasonal menu; food was delicious and fresh; would have liked a larger fish selection;Special Features: