1901 Hyde Street
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frascatisf.com/
- Phone: 4159281406
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Michael Pawlik
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available upon request. They are able to meet your needs for parties up to 100 people.
- Entertainment: Outdoor dining (weather permitting).
A word from Frascati
Frascati is a charming Russian Hill neighborhood bistro featuring rustic Mediterranean-influenced cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Frascati - Best Restaurants in Russian Hill ›
Frascati reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (88)fit for foodies (64)special occasion (56)romantic (55)notable wine list (35)scenic view (16)hot spot (13)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- WelchmanDined on 8/20/2014Great food but we felt pressed to eat fast by server as if they over booked and needed us to hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We lived in SF years ago, and were back visiting friends. As foodies with kids, we were concerned about finding the right balance. We were extremely impressed with the staff and the food. Every dish was prepared perfectly. They even did a half portion for the kids. Very classy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBLLVIPDined on 8/14/2014We took out of town guests there for dinner and we all had great time. Food, wine very good. Noisy but expected. One of our city favorites.
- great find!Hass1Dined on 8/14/2014Food was superb. Staff was nice once we got in. Had a 5:30 dinner. Came at 5:15 and they made us sit outside until 5:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint with big flavors!HonestChefDined on 8/14/2014Ambiance was romantic; Loved the seasonal menu; food was delicious and fresh; would have liked a larger fish selection;Special Features:
- Top Restaurant in Russian HillCR89Dined on 8/13/2014Great restaurant with wonderful owners, attentive staff, and awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timePoachedEggsDined on 8/11/2014It was our first time at Frascati. The service was helpful and warm without being intrusive, which we really liked. The Gnocchi, pork chop, duck and panna cotta-- all amazing. The ambience has an overall homey vibe. The food is outstanding and also has a very comforting feel about it. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:
- PoppieDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic! Most enjoyable. Great ambience and service. Food is divine. Really felt part of the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!livnlargeVIPDined on 8/8/2014We happened to be walking by on our way to the cable car stop and liked the look of this corner neighborhood restaurant. So happy we did! Our family of 4 including a 10 and 13 yr old really enjoyed our meal. The fig appetizer and cheese plate were a perfect way to start our dinner. Everyone enjoyed their entrees of filet, pork porterhouse and fresh pappardelle. All were delicious! The service was attentive and helpful. Would definitely go back next time we are in San Fran.Special Features:
- Felt service was so soOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/4/2014I go here regularly and didn't feel that my special requests for my mothers birthday was noticed. Various servers served our table, really just an ok service experience. Food good same menu, done well. Just service fell short this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerBuzDinVIPDined on 8/4/2014I have walked by this place a million times and always wanted to try. Finally went there on a Monday night (not always the best night to eat out) and it was fantastic. We had a group of four that ordered the 2 - half chickens and 2 - seafood pastas which we all ate everything on our plates. The fig appetizer was so good and the burrata. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosy and enjoyable eveningKirkstylesDined on 7/31/2014We had a really super meal, the restaurant has a really nice and intimate feel to it. Food and service were great. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- DsesDined on 7/30/2014Very good food and atmosphere. Loved the neighborhood location but in the city.
- Delicious eveningGigiwaDined on 7/26/2014We completely enjoyed the dining, wine and service at this small, friendly but upscale restaurant. Particularly enjoyed the fig and the lamb appetizers and panna cotta for dessert. All the entrees we tried were delicious and wine choices were lovely. The only negative was a tiny washroom-- a little tricky to maneuver in there. Would visit again though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special DinnerParaDoxDined on 7/26/2014Couldn't ask for more--great food and friendly service.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Frascati is our favorite restaurant in San Francisco. The food is always consistent, the staff knowledgeable and the atmosphere great... always funSpecial Features:
- Great and undeniably consistentAPhillipsDined on 7/25/2014We returned after 6 months and the experience remains wonderful. Great food, lively place, and service extraodinaire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurlpersonVIPDined on 7/24/2014Such good food. We liked everything we had from the sardines 3 salads, 4 different entrees and tasty desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in SFOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/22/2014The food is excellent. The service impeccable. The dessert amazing! Right off the Hyde Street Cable Car. Such a very San Francisco experience. The place all romantic movies should film there dinner scenes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerSterlingVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had such a good time Saturday night. the food was great, especially the service and the Halibut. Thank you, SterlingSpecial Features:
- Even better the second time aroundfoodfollowerDined on 7/19/2014We happened upon this restaurant in September 2013, and couldn't wait to go back. The service is attentive, prompt, perfect. I had a bread salad, very simple, but a wonderful combination of flavors, and a light champagne vinigarette that completed the salad perfectly. My filet mignon was butter soft, exactly to my specifications, with a berry sauce that was both sweet and just a little tart to set off the filet. My husband is in love with the risotto. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- mach2VIPDined on 7/18/2014Such a lovely dinner. We sat at the table in the window so we could watch the cable car go by. WE had the halibut, tomato salad, and bib lettuce salad. All was very good and well prepared. The service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming Birthday DinnersffoodtimesDined on 7/5/2014I had planned a birthday dinner for my boyfriend at this restaurant. I had emailed management one and called once too. I wanted to make sure they knew that dinner that night was special. We arrived and were seated at a table next to the waiter's station- a busy area and I had asked to be put in a more quiet area. The restaurant was noisy and incredibly hot. The food was just ok, nothing popped, nothing special. It was just good food, but nothing inspired. After that, there was no special birthday message or anything like that. We were not in the mood for dessert, so we payed the bill and left. I was hoping Frascati could provide that special dinner for the two of us, but disappointingly, it did not. I will not return.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemLuvitalianDined on 7/5/2014Prompt seating very good service and not intrusive very good Italian foodSpecial Features:
- Good food once we were allowed inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014We arrived early (5:15) for a 5:30 reservation. The restaurant doesn't open until 5:30 but the doors were open, a waiter was standing in the doorway looking out and there were two empty chairs in the entrance. We asked if we could stick around and maybe sit down but we were told that we couldn't. The waiter said that they weren't ready to open and asked us to walk around the area for 15 minutes. We did, and things were fine when we got back, but that wasn't the warmest welcome I've ever had (and there was no smile either).
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/23/2014I go to this restaurant quite often because it's so comfortable and has such good food. You can actually have a conversation as the noise level is never a problem -- no thumping music or shrill voices. I've tried a lot of places in the neighborhood and always come back to Frascati.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerdandougDined on 6/22/2014Service was excellent. I had a long chat with "the wine guy", Justin, before settling on the Huët Vouvray Le Mont Sec 2012. The California wine selections are a little limited, but there is a lot of depth in the European ones here. We started with the cheese plate. Then, I had the gnocchi with asparagus and peas as a first course and the pepper encrusted ahi over a bed of greens and bacon mashed fingerling potatoes for the main course. We made dessert a two course affair... Starting with a shared scoop of basil ice cream that I followed with the white and dark chocolate bread pudding topped with hazelnut ice cream which I enjoyed with a couple cups of really good decaf coffee.Special Features:
- Great dining spotSweetSueDined on 6/20/2014We had an amazing dinner and the staff were so accommodating to us. Would definitely go back next time I am in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soulman1Dined on 6/19/2014Just terrific. Neighborhood feel with just right portions of wonderful, tasty offerings. Great owner and our waitress was so accommodating. Yes, go there.Special Features:
- Best choice I've madeGerryDined on 6/15/2014My adult daughter and I were visiting San Fran for fathers day and wanted a nice restaurant for dinner. Picking through all the restaurants in San Francisco can be a challenge. I did my research through Open Table as I usually do throughout the country and decided on Frascati. The atmosphere was quaint in a fairly small dining area. Very comfortable with a staff that was wonderful. The food was extraordinary! Rich and delightful with each bit. I eat in many restaurants and can really not recall having a better meal and experience.Special Features:
- okLudditeVIPDined on 6/14/2014I guess I'll be the voice of dissent.... Very generous portions for price range although quality of ingredients seemed a notch lower than other spots in similar price range. Duck breast was good and well cooked but hash was dry and stringy and sauce gloppy and sweet. Steak and Pork dish others had were better. Bread salad was good although beans in it undercooked. Bread pudding dessert huge but ice cream only part I could eat more than a bite of. Apple cobbler also very large but much better. Service very good, friendly, etc... There are much better options with better quality ingredients for same price range, although slightly less hearty portions. That and given the extreme difficulty of parking makes it a once only visit for me.Special Features:
- Great place!HoneyDined on 6/8/2014Food is excellent and wine list is amazing. The restaurant has such a SF feel to it with the trolleys rolling by. Very cozy and elegant at the same time. I would highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THANK YOUluv2eatDined on 6/6/2014THANK YOU to ALL at Frascati for creating an amazing evening, special-wonderful food, outstanding service which all added up to a very special San Francisco experience. I have seen your restaurant for years as I looked from the Hyde Street cable car and I wanted someday to be "inside" to experience your hospitality, atmosphere and cuisine. Finally, last Friday evening we finally made it to your establishment and were overwhelmed by your hospitality, service and special Mediterranean dishes.Special Features:
- Old favoriteGoneNorthDined on 6/6/2014We hadn't been to Frascati in about 12 years. We stumbled across it looking for another restaurant, and we are sure glad we did! Good to know that the quality and friendliness of the staff is still there. The food is amazing and you can't really go wrong. The staff were awesome and helped us through the extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentlyjulesDined on 6/6/2014I've been to Frascati for dinner 3 times. The food is consistently well-prepared with solid dimensions of flavor and texture. My dinner guests have always been impressed. Don't miss the burrata appetizer. It's one of the reasons I keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic anniversary mealADiningHallDined on 6/4/2014We were in San Francisco for our anniversary and picked here because of its great reviews. We weren't disappointed! The food was amazing and it was such a lovely setting. I told them about our special occasion when we booked and they wished us a happy anniversary and even brought out dessert with a candle in, definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceKammyDined on 6/1/2014Had a wonderful dinner at Frascati. The food and service are superb. We had the chicken and rissoto. Delicious. Was celebrating our anniversary. They put a candle on our dessert. Wished they had comped it too. Street parking is difficult but you can park at a lot on Polk & Broadway ($10). Lot is 4 blocks (2 blocks uphill). Hope you are in good shape to walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roast ChickenMonetVIPDined on 5/31/2014Anyone that can make roast chicken this spectacular you know will be a special spot. This place delivers on all fronts. Can't wait for an excuse to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceRTNBDined on 5/31/2014Excellent overall! The duck was amazing and the deserts are something else! Try the bread pudding or the apple pie.. Can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- jimkVIPDined on 5/30/2014Great local restaurant with consistently excellent food and service. Only negative is parking.Special Features: