Frasca Food and Wine
1738 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Frasca Food and Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frascafoodandwine.com/
- Phone: 3034426966
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Frasca Food and Wine
Frasca is the creation of Master Sommelier Bobby Stuckey and chef Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson. Their shared passion for Friuli-Venezia Giulian cuisine and fine wine is reflected in the exquisitely-prepared fare and a comprehensive wine list boasting over 200 varieties. The seasoned and professional staff ensures a memorable evening with their meticulous attention to detail, expert wine pairing, and extensive knowledge of the menu. And the pastoral, elegant dining room evokes the gracious and friendly feeling of traditional Italian Frascas. Warm, welcoming, and unpretentious, Frasca is the perfect destination for impromptu gatherings, casual dinners, and special occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Frasca Food and Wine - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Frasca Food and Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)fit for foodies (105)notable wine list (96)romantic (69)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (20)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- anonVIPDined on 8/23/2014One of the best restaurants around. Amazing food, impeccable service and just an all around wonderful experience.Special Features:
- GlobaldinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Simply put, the most amazing dining experience in Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastica cenaFantasticaDined on 8/21/2014Beautiful restaurant with an extraordinary menu and wine list. Service started with a bit of a stumble, but the few missteps were rescued in short order, many thanks to the extraordinary service of Jodi. The kind of place that obviously ranks customer service and food quality of the highest importance. The ravioli stuffed with ricotta and duck egg yolk is probably one of the grandest things I have ever eaten. This is the kind of dining experience one would expect to find in New York or London, an unexpected treasure in Boulder.Special Features:
- Dining at Frascacolorado2014Dined on 8/20/2014Delicious and creative food with attentive and excellent service. We would be open to trying most of the dishes on the menu as everything what we had was delicious. We enjoyed the evening, it was absolutely worthwhile experience. We highly recommend.Special Features:
- Molto BeneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014As always, Frasca offers a special dining experience. My daughter and I celebrated our birthdays together, along with our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomealexDined on 8/16/2014I'm still flavoring that food in my mouth. I can't believe that living 20 years in Denver I never went there. Their food is to die for and the service makes you feel like you're VIPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerScottSDined on 8/15/2014The service and for are better than any place in the area.Special Features:
- Enthusiastic staffMuelhaDined on 8/15/2014Striking was the enthusiasm of the staff. Both the food and the service was superior. This was a highlight of our visit to Boulder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frasca remains the best!RodRDined on 8/14/2014Had a terrific anniversary dinner at Frasca with my wife and daughter last week. Remains our favorite restaurant -- anywhere. Try the new six course tasting menu with wine pairings - you'll be in incredibly capable hands! The staff is always very genuine and friendly and there appears to be very little turnover -- which says a lot about management. Matthew, the som, is the best in the biz. Thanks for a terrific night!Special Features:
- It's gone downhill.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Several dishes were disappointing this time. My pasta dish was a ravioli with swiss chard that was pasty and dry. The selections for dessert were not terrific. Most dessert choices were pre-prepared items (chocolates or sorbet) rather than freshly prepared items. We didn't like the wine they suggested however they offered no option. Wait staff were dour and serious. It used to be better!Special Features:
- Intimate and deliciousBlondieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food is scrumptious. Service impeccable. We especially liked the space between tables. Frasca has opted to respect 'distance' rather than cramming their floor space with as many tables as possible. Price is not for the faint of heart though. This is a $100-$150 x head dinner depending on wine chosen. Worth it for a special occasion.
- Delicious 4 course menuTasteSensationDined on 8/7/2014Frasca has a well-deserved reputation for fine dining and did not disappoint during their 10-year anniversary celebration. The 4 course prix fixe menu featured favorites from their first decade of operations. At $78 per person (plus appetizers and drinks) it's not cheap, but delicious. Impeccable service by a cast of dozens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why such hype?Truegourmet1Dined on 8/7/2014This was my second visit to Frasca and I'm still baffled. Why is this such a highly prized resturant? The simple truth is the food, the main reason I go out to eat, does not match the level of service I get or the quality of the wine list. Both times I have left with the same feeling that the quality of the service, which is excellent, can't outweigh the disappointing food. To be fair the food is not horrible but it does not rise to the level of praise bestowed upon it.Special Features:
- 10 years old and still fabulousFoodsnobVIPDined on 8/6/2014Frasca delivers an experience to which many restaurants in major cities aspire, but with friendliness, spacious tables, superb wine selections and innovative dishes. Yes, it is more expensive than most restaurants in Boulder, so focus on the amount you will save on airfare, not to mention the carbon footprint, by not having to go to London, Paris, Chicago or New York to possibly find Frasca's equivalent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ImpressiveAnthonyDined on 8/4/2014We have been to Frasca 5 times in as many years and we find it to be the finest restaurant in the Denver metro area. If you enjoy the experience of food and wine as an art, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but VERY expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014This is an exquisite, elegant, and impressive restaurant. It is VERY expensive, however and may not satisfy everyone who wishes to dine. There are many other restaurants nearby diners would like more than this and might find a better value. Every dish we had of the seven on the tasting menu were very precise and made in an intentional way respectful to Friuli, the region in Italy that inspires Frasca's food, as well as very delicious. The wines paired with the food were equally impressive and enjoyable, matching the food perfectly. Servers are a bit sterile yet exact in manner while also efficient. Space is beautiful yet understated. If you wish to go, bring extra $$$. Fifth star is missing in review because of lack of value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as Good as Beforeckmd25VIPDined on 8/1/2014We went here for dinner on a Friday night, and as expected it was quite good. Our food was tasty but not all 5 star, my scallops were delicious but my primi was luke warm and my fish was as well, and slightly dry. But still good, just not great. To be honest. The biggest problem though was our waiter was a bit mean. Some of the dishes are in italian, as expected, but I am not fluent in italian and was less familiar with the more abstract dishes. However, this seemed to him to be exceedingly annoying. I only asked three questions about the different dishes but his terse replies and facial expressions did not hide the fact that he thought I was annoying. Well, I think I should get to ask questions when I'm paying $220 for dinner for two.
- good but not excellentTerraBrasilisDined on 7/29/2014Service was wonderful, the wine list amazing and the wait staff super attentive, however the foos didnt impress me. For the price (and yes this is an expensive restaurant) I expected more. Also - it would have been nice if the bread was warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2014We selected this restaurant to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, and I'm glad we did. Impeccable food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnevenAmuseboucheDined on 7/24/2014Frasca's four-course menu can be inventive and delicious. The chef's starters were interesting. The choices were adequate. The service was slow, and our waiter wanted to go over every ingredient in every dish. The wine list is extensive; wine can be ordered in small quantities but most bottles start at $125 and above. There is no reason for that. The frustrations can ruin the evening. It was inordinately expensive and our reserved table was not ready on time; there was no waiting area. The first time was our last time here.Special Features:
- buonissimoviandieVIPDined on 7/24/2014still the best food and originality in Colorado. How do you make kingfish sashimi into one of the best appetizers. Blueberry tart was delicious. carry a fat walletSpecial Features:
- DenverGal309Dined on 7/19/2014Recently dined at Frasca in Boulder. This was our first visit to Frasca, as we live in South Denver. The evening hit 5 stars on all categories. I lost count of how many people came to our table that evening to make sure every aspect of the dining experience was perfect. The food options were varied - all tasting menu items can be ordered ala carte. The wine list was extensive and had a variety of price ranges to select from. My husband and I tried the 10 year Anniversary Tasting Menu, which was excellent. I highly recommend visiting Frasca when you are in the Boulder area for a memorable evening. Reservations are a must.Special Features:
- Fairly AverageColoradoBellDined on 7/18/2014The food was a real disappointment. I missed the wonderful complexity of flavors that rewards us in excellent chef preparations. I do not feel that by offering to remove dairy and glutenous grains from existing food dishes offers a satisfactory alternative. Chef dishes should require all the food components to capture the richness of the intended flavors. The chef missed the dessert mark entirely. His/her answer to offering a chocolate dessert dish was a plate of chocolate wrapped candies! REALLY? And as for a gluten or dairy free option, good ol' sorbet was the fall back. A really fairly average chef meal with outstanding service! We won't be back again.Special Features:
- One of Colorado's bestDrooskiDined on 7/17/2014Easily equal to the top restaurants in Colorado, Frasca offers an exquisitely executed modern Italian menu (Friuli-Venezia on the night I went) and glorious wine list. Deserving of a Michelin star, in my opinion, certainly a Bib Gourmand.Special Features:
- Pasta and fish standouts!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014Pasta and fish dishes were excellent other dishes were very good desserts were Delish service was outstanding a little overpriced for the atmosphere tables are close for $78 a person I shouldn't have to hear the conversations from all surrounding tables our server was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Frasca was a great place to take my girlfriend on her birthday. The food and service were excellent. The sutle and classy happy birthday messages on the menu and dessert were appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frasca exceptionalluhaDined on 7/14/2014The servers were knowledgeable and attentive. Each course in the tasting menu was exceptional and paired perfectly with wine. It was apparent that the staff get along, and the vibe was upbeat and friendly.Special Features:
- excellence!sasquatchDined on 7/11/2014Excellence in service down to the smallest thing ...great food and staff very knowledgable!Special Features:
- great food and wineLikestohikeDined on 7/11/2014We love Frasca and go here maybe twice a year, for a splurge dinner. It's our favorite restaurant in Boulder. The food was fantastic. We got the seafood crudo for appetizer, and a pork belly dish. For the pasta course, a pasta flavored with truffles, and this delicious crab-meat canneloni. My husband got the quail for the main dish, and I got snapper that was fried/seared on one side, with a crabcake on the side. Everything was interesting, perfectly cooked. Service is impeccable as always. This time we sat in the private dining room which was opened to regular dining--it's not quite as pleasant as the main dining room because you're far from the light and windows. But it was pleasant.Special Features:
- Laurie DobranskylauriedoDined on 7/10/2014It was the most delectable dinner ever. They were awesome, too, for making it the birthday celebration we were hoping for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing...lulubelleDined on 7/7/2014The presentation of the food was impressive, but not a taste sensation. The flavors paired well w/ the wine. We found the service somewhat pretentious. Our server lacked professionalism by cutting into her welcome and explanation dialogue THREE times to talk w/ another employee-we felt we were second priority. She was also stiff, and more involved in the information she had than on the guest. The busboy was the only one who practiced open armed service-something expected in a restaurant of this caliber! A snafu about the espresso brought an inordinate amount of attention followed by an extended diatribe by the maitre'd about the history of coffee. Again, more interested in relaying what he knew than the guest.Very disappointing...
- mikewDined on 7/5/2014service was excellent. Food was only ok. Expected more. Fixed menu didn't offer many options. It was expensive. table near bathroom was high traffic area. It was nice that they recognized anniversary on dessert overall, disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2014Exceptional. We go there every chance we go to our second home in Boulder. The food is always excellent, service is the absolute bestSpecial Features:
- Love itpattDined on 7/3/2014always the best !! Great food and wine.. Best service .. worth the money.Special Features:
- Best food and service in the nationCarysueDined on 7/3/2014Take anyone you want to spoil or impress to this fabulous place. Or go with great friends to enjoy a divine meal. The food, wine, and service are impeccable. Be ready to spend a bit of money but it is worth every penny and you will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedtin50manDined on 6/27/2014food was fair at best. food portions and quality were disappointing.
- Never a disappointment!SpikeLeaDined on 6/27/2014We have dined at Frasca in the past and took a guest for her birthday. As usual, we were highly impressed with the service, food and overall experience. We were pleasantly surprised to find they have finally added a chefs tasting menu! We can't speak highly enough about our experiences at Frasca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a place to dineubercriticj1Dined on 6/24/2014Menu, preparation, presentation, quality and service all superb. The class of the servers also makes a huge difference when a dining experience is important. It is wonderful to find a restaurant that values quality and the customer.Special Features:
- Outstanding!luv2workandplayDined on 6/23/2014We went on a Monday night and did the 4 course pre-fixed menu. It was exquisite. The food is high quality and has a unique flavor. The tiramisu desert special might be the best tiramisu I've ever had. Too bad it's not regularly on the menu. I'd definitively go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyDR42Dined on 6/19/2014A lovely restaurant that completely lived up to its reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.