Frasca Food and Wine
1738 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Frasca Food and Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frascafoodandwine.com/
- Phone: 3034426966
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Frasca Food and Wine
Frasca is the creation of Master Sommelier Bobby Stuckey and chef Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson. Their shared passion for Friuli-Venezia Giulian cuisine and fine wine is reflected in the exquisitely-prepared fare and a comprehensive wine list boasting over 200 varieties. The seasoned and professional staff ensures a memorable evening with their meticulous attention to detail, expert wine pairing, and extensive knowledge of the menu. And the pastoral, elegant dining room evokes the gracious and friendly feeling of traditional Italian Frascas. Warm, welcoming, and unpretentious, Frasca is the perfect destination for impromptu gatherings, casual dinners, and special occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Frasca Food and Wine - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Frasca Food and Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)fit for foodies (105)notable wine list (96)romantic (68)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (28)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Totally lived up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014After seeing the review in 5280 magazine we had high expectations and Frasca lived up to it in every way. The service was fantastic. Friendly, professional team work where everyone that passed by our table was looking out for us while giving us the space to enjoy our meal and conversation. The cuisine was top notch, creative and satisfying. Well done by all.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningfunfoodieDined on 10/27/2014Delicious food beautifully plated, friendly and attentive servicem and elegant yet relaxing atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frasca is Fantastic!TJDavisVIPDined on 10/24/2014This is our second time eating at Frascas and it was fantastic. This time we did the multiple course meal with wine pairing which was amazing. The food is sublime and the wine choices were perfect, as you would expect. I highly recommend this place for special events. It is very expensive, but well worth the experience. (I particularly enjoyed the seafood risotto which was made with a pungent seafood reduction broth that just exploded in your mouth). I already made reservations for December for a special meal with friends.Special Features:
- Frasca is Fundamentally FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I made a reservation because of the Magazine 5280's number 1 rating. The receptionist suggested the kitchen seating which I would never have thought of. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We ate from the Chef's tasting menu (Friulano Tradizionale) and the optional wine flight. The Gnocchi and the Secondo(Berkshire Pork) were my favorite. We had an additional plate from the other menu a “Ravioli” with Whitefish, Farm Spinach and Shellfish Cream which was incredible. The staff was very nice and showed us around the kitchen and explained who was who, and what was what, and even put us to work sharpening knives which I appreciated because I need to know this stuff. Kudos to everyone, but the musical number is a work in progress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and wine pairing experienceDiner1VIPDined on 10/23/2014You can choose their set menu with pairings or ask for suggestions. Their staff is very knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!BethDined on 10/16/2014This was my second visit, and will not be my last. The service, food and wine list are all fantastic.Special Features:
- DisappointedBluedeer3Dined on 10/15/2014The food was mediocre and the service was not well trained. When asked how the food was criticism was not well received
- Just OKdatenightdinerDined on 10/11/2014We were super excited to try this restaurant and had made our reservations a month in advance. The staff was super friendly, helpful, and attentive. I loved that all staff helped or asked if we needed help, not just our assigned waiter. The prices are high so I expected a great food experience. I left feeling just "eh" about the food. My cocktail from the bar was amazing!Special Features:
- A birthday dinnerBappleDined on 10/9/2014What an amazing experience! This fine restaurant is the real deal. Service: from the moment we opened the door we were greeted and pampered, in spite of the fact we wear 45 minutes early for our reservation. The attention never stopped and the entire staff was involved. I let them know it was my wife's birthday, and throughout the evening members of the wait staff, floor mangers hosts and hostesses, wine stewards...everyone stopped by our table to say "Happy "Birthday." Extraordinary! The food, the suggested wine pairings, the atmosphere were incredible. This is clearly Boulder's premium restaurant. A cut above every place else...and we have been to most of them. Expensive? Oh, yes. Worth it? Absolutely!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding foodRedleaderDined on 10/7/2014This is likely the best restaurant in Colorado. Their attention to food quality is over the top and you will find dishes that include not only locally sourced ingredients but exotic ones as well - the sea urchin spaghetti with the wine the server suggested was a favorite all time. The prices are way high and I would have like to have seen a more traditional preparation with things like Semifreddo or zabaglione, but both were still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestMontanefoodieDined on 10/7/2014Frasca has been our favorite dining experience in Boulder for the ten years we've been dining there. Simply a world - class restaurant and dining experience.Special Features:
- munchiesVIPDined on 10/6/2014Certainly lives up to it's reputation. Wonderful tasting menu and awesome wine flight. Lovely service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finest dining in BoulderconcussionbobDined on 10/2/2014The food and atmosphere here are probably the best in Boulder. The wine list is also amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but far from greatJm96Dined on 9/26/2014The welcome was exceptional - we were greeted by the owner himself. The service and attention was above average. The food was flavourful and well presented but the limitations of the menu were beyond annoying: obligation to partake in the 4-course plan, unwillingness of kitchen to serve certain items if the whole table did not partake, poor vegetarian options) All in all Frasca was a good but not great experience and not worth the $$$ bill payed.Special Features:
- Nice place but over pricedyoungoneDined on 9/24/2014Enjoyed dinner but did not find it worth the price especially when open table add gives it a 35-50 dollar price setting and dinners are 78 to 105. This said the menu was available with correct prices so there is a discontinuity between open table info and meny. Service was good and very attentive. If you strongly value your wine selection Frascas has a very good selection. Construction around restaurant also is a negative as it destracts from the area. Different servings varied from good to very good with the very good ones being the ones you paid extra for so spend the extra money and go all in if you want the best food.Special Features:
- Oh, My!HungryTravelersVIPDined on 9/23/2014We first dined here two years ago and enjoyed ourselves. Much has changed in the interim: with the larger space came a more expensive prix fixe menu and a veritable flock of aggressive (salespeople) servers. The food is still good but the whole thing is way overproduced and self-conscious. The one improvement is the new wine-by-the-glass policy: you can enjoy a full glass of wine or a (cunningly named) cajut or half-glass. Unaccountably, the upscale Northern Italian decor was accompanied by Country and Western music. Next time we're in town we'll try somewhere else.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014We chose to go on the high end for our anniversary on both the dinner menu and the wine offerings and it was well worth it. The seven course meal was excellent and the wines were of high quality and perfect for various dishes. We will recommend this fine restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- WowDineReservedDined on 9/17/2014I know why Frasca is so highly rated by everyone. Everything was fantastic. it was the best diining experience that I have had in a long time. The food was sublime. The service was gracious and accommodating. I feel like we were fortunate to get a reservation only a few days prior to dining. Thanks for the personal touches regarding the special occasion that was being celebrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!JessicaMcVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have enjoyed fine dining all over this country and around the world. It simply does not get any better than Bobby Stuckey and his team of professionals at Frasca. Our tasting-menu experience was a delight in every way.Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterSooner52Dined on 9/11/2014We've eaten here now three times since we moved to the Boulder area. The service is extremely friendly and very knowledgeable. The food and wine are outstanding. The romance is provided by ourselves. But put super food with great service and an appreciation for our interest in celebration of 30 years together and Frasca is an ideal place.Special Features:
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014The meal was ok, however for the price and based on other recommendations, we were all disappointed.
- Even better than I rememberedalwayshungry4moreVIPDined on 9/6/2014It's not a wonder that Frasca is always at the top of the best restaurant list. The most unbelievable wine list in the state of Colorado.Special Features:
- Excellentfwlvr1VIPDined on 9/4/2014Food was fantastic on the eyes and in the mouth. Matthew was also fantastic in picking out the perfect wines.Special Features:
- Top-NotchSockoDined on 9/2/2014As most everyone knows by now, Frasca is top-notch in all aspects. If you were to find any down-side at all, it's that their serving size may be a little small for what you pay, but that is nit-picking. Service is excellent and the wine list is amazing - let Bobby pick out your wine.Special Features:
- excellentpattVIPDined on 9/1/2014we enjoyed a Monday night wine dinner... a special this time for the end of summer Labor day with wines chosen by the wine staff.. We had a lovely 3 course meal meal with wines paired with each course and a great dessert.. They are always great with food allergies too. It was a wonderful evening and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience-Just overpricedfoodtravelerDined on 8/30/2014Food was elegant and the service was very good, but the cost seemed outsized even by NYC standards. To use an economic term, it was below my utility curve.Special Features:
- anonVIPDined on 8/23/2014One of the best restaurants around. Amazing food, impeccable service and just an all around wonderful experience.Special Features:
- GlobaldinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Simply put, the most amazing dining experience in Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastica cenaFantasticaDined on 8/21/2014Beautiful restaurant with an extraordinary menu and wine list. Service started with a bit of a stumble, but the few missteps were rescued in short order, many thanks to the extraordinary service of Jodi. The kind of place that obviously ranks customer service and food quality of the highest importance. The ravioli stuffed with ricotta and duck egg yolk is probably one of the grandest things I have ever eaten. This is the kind of dining experience one would expect to find in New York or London, an unexpected treasure in Boulder.Special Features:
- Dining at Frascacolorado2014Dined on 8/20/2014Delicious and creative food with attentive and excellent service. We would be open to trying most of the dishes on the menu as everything what we had was delicious. We enjoyed the evening, it was absolutely worthwhile experience. We highly recommend.Special Features:
- Molto BeneIrishEllieDined on 8/19/2014As always, Frasca offers a special dining experience. My daughter and I celebrated our birthdays together, along with our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomealexDined on 8/16/2014I'm still flavoring that food in my mouth. I can't believe that living 20 years in Denver I never went there. Their food is to die for and the service makes you feel like you're VIPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerScottSDined on 8/15/2014The service and for are better than any place in the area.Special Features:
- Enthusiastic staffMuelhaDined on 8/15/2014Striking was the enthusiasm of the staff. Both the food and the service was superior. This was a highlight of our visit to Boulder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frasca remains the best!RodRDined on 8/14/2014Had a terrific anniversary dinner at Frasca with my wife and daughter last week. Remains our favorite restaurant -- anywhere. Try the new six course tasting menu with wine pairings - you'll be in incredibly capable hands! The staff is always very genuine and friendly and there appears to be very little turnover -- which says a lot about management. Matthew, the som, is the best in the biz. Thanks for a terrific night!Special Features:
- It's gone downhill.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Several dishes were disappointing this time. My pasta dish was a ravioli with swiss chard that was pasty and dry. The selections for dessert were not terrific. Most dessert choices were pre-prepared items (chocolates or sorbet) rather than freshly prepared items. We didn't like the wine they suggested however they offered no option. Wait staff were dour and serious. It used to be better!Special Features:
- Intimate and deliciousBlondieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food is scrumptious. Service impeccable. We especially liked the space between tables. Frasca has opted to respect 'distance' rather than cramming their floor space with as many tables as possible. Price is not for the faint of heart though. This is a $100-$150 x head dinner depending on wine chosen. Worth it for a special occasion.
- Delicious 4 course menuTasteSensationDined on 8/7/2014Frasca has a well-deserved reputation for fine dining and did not disappoint during their 10-year anniversary celebration. The 4 course prix fixe menu featured favorites from their first decade of operations. At $78 per person (plus appetizers and drinks) it's not cheap, but delicious. Impeccable service by a cast of dozens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why such hype?Truegourmet1VIPDined on 8/7/2014This was my second visit to Frasca and I'm still baffled. Why is this such a highly prized resturant? The simple truth is the food, the main reason I go out to eat, does not match the level of service I get or the quality of the wine list. Both times I have left with the same feeling that the quality of the service, which is excellent, can't outweigh the disappointing food. To be fair the food is not horrible but it does not rise to the level of praise bestowed upon it.Special Features:
- Consistently ImpressiveAnthonyDined on 8/4/2014We have been to Frasca 5 times in as many years and we find it to be the finest restaurant in the Denver metro area. If you enjoy the experience of food and wine as an art, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.