Frasca Food and Wine
1738 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Frasca Food and Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frascafoodandwine.com/
- Phone: 3034426966
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Frasca Food and Wine
Frasca is the creation of Master Sommelier Bobby Stuckey and chef Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson. Their shared passion for Friuli-Venezia Giulian cuisine and fine wine is reflected in the exquisitely-prepared fare and a comprehensive wine list boasting over 200 varieties. The seasoned and professional staff ensures a memorable evening with their meticulous attention to detail, expert wine pairing, and extensive knowledge of the menu. And the pastoral, elegant dining room evokes the gracious and friendly feeling of traditional Italian Frascas. Warm, welcoming, and unpretentious, Frasca is the perfect destination for impromptu gatherings, casual dinners, and special occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Frasca Food and Wine - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Frasca Food and Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)fit for foodies (103)notable wine list (96)romantic (67)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (25)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Very Good on all countsckmd25VIPDined on 9/30/2014We go to Boulder each month to have dinner here, and last night we enjoyed ourselves even more than before. The food, as usual, was quite tasty. We both had the Gazpacho, Pansotti (ravioli), Cernia (Grouper), and Doughnuts for desert. The Gazpacho and pansotti were especially delicious. The Grouper had an excellent preparation of sun-dried tomatoes and olives, however, the Grouper itself was not the greatest...but their preparation mostly made up for this. The doughnuts were underwhelming, but perhaps my expectation for them to be warm played a role in this. But in the past their desserts have been delicious, so I think this was an exception. The service was friendly and the owner is always very accomadating. For CO., it's one of the best.Special Features:
- Good but far from greatJm96Dined on 9/26/2014The welcome was exceptional - we were greeted by the owner himself. The service and attention was above average. The food was flavourful and well presented but the limitations of the menu were beyond annoying: obligation to partake in the 4-course plan, unwillingness of kitchen to serve certain items if the whole table did not partake, poor vegetarian options) All in all Frasca was a good but not great experience and not worth the $$$ bill payed.Special Features:
- Nice place but over pricedyoungoneDined on 9/24/2014Enjoyed dinner but did not find it worth the price especially when open table add gives it a 35-50 dollar price setting and dinners are 78 to 105. This said the menu was available with correct prices so there is a discontinuity between open table info and meny. Service was good and very attentive. If you strongly value your wine selection Frascas has a very good selection. Construction around restaurant also is a negative as it destracts from the area. Different servings varied from good to very good with the very good ones being the ones you paid extra for so spend the extra money and go all in if you want the best food.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014We chose to go on the high end for our anniversary on both the dinner menu and the wine offerings and it was well worth it. The seven course meal was excellent and the wines were of high quality and perfect for various dishes. We will recommend this fine restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- WowDineReservedDined on 9/17/2014I know why Frasca is so highly rated by everyone. Everything was fantastic. it was the best diining experience that I have had in a long time. The food was sublime. The service was gracious and accommodating. I feel like we were fortunate to get a reservation only a few days prior to dining. Thanks for the personal touches regarding the special occasion that was being celebrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best!JessicaMcVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have enjoyed fine dining all over this country and around the world. It simply does not get any better than Bobby Stuckey and his team of professionals at Frasca. Our tasting-menu experience was a delight in every way.Special Features:
- Keeps getting betterSooner52Dined on 9/11/2014We've eaten here now three times since we moved to the Boulder area. The service is extremely friendly and very knowledgeable. The food and wine are outstanding. The romance is provided by ourselves. But put super food with great service and an appreciation for our interest in celebration of 30 years together and Frasca is an ideal place.Special Features:
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014The meal was ok, however for the price and based on other recommendations, we were all disappointed.
- Even better than I rememberedalwayshungry4moreVIPDined on 9/6/2014It's not a wonder that Frasca is always at the top of the best restaurant list. The most unbelievable wine list in the state of Colorado.Special Features:
- Excellentfwlvr1VIPDined on 9/4/2014Food was fantastic on the eyes and in the mouth. Matthew was also fantastic in picking out the perfect wines.Special Features:
- Top-NotchSockoDined on 9/2/2014As most everyone knows by now, Frasca is top-notch in all aspects. If you were to find any down-side at all, it's that their serving size may be a little small for what you pay, but that is nit-picking. Service is excellent and the wine list is amazing - let Bobby pick out your wine.Special Features:
- excellentpattDined on 9/1/2014we enjoyed a Monday night wine dinner... a special this time for the end of summer Labor day with wines chosen by the wine staff.. We had a lovely 3 course meal meal with wines paired with each course and a great dessert.. They are always great with food allergies too. It was a wonderful evening and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience-Just overpricedfoodtravelerDined on 8/30/2014Food was elegant and the service was very good, but the cost seemed outsized even by NYC standards. To use an economic term, it was below my utility curve.Special Features:
- anonVIPDined on 8/23/2014One of the best restaurants around. Amazing food, impeccable service and just an all around wonderful experience.Special Features:
- GlobaldinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Simply put, the most amazing dining experience in Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastica cenaFantasticaDined on 8/21/2014Beautiful restaurant with an extraordinary menu and wine list. Service started with a bit of a stumble, but the few missteps were rescued in short order, many thanks to the extraordinary service of Jodi. The kind of place that obviously ranks customer service and food quality of the highest importance. The ravioli stuffed with ricotta and duck egg yolk is probably one of the grandest things I have ever eaten. This is the kind of dining experience one would expect to find in New York or London, an unexpected treasure in Boulder.Special Features:
- Dining at Frascacolorado2014Dined on 8/20/2014Delicious and creative food with attentive and excellent service. We would be open to trying most of the dishes on the menu as everything what we had was delicious. We enjoyed the evening, it was absolutely worthwhile experience. We highly recommend.Special Features:
- Molto BeneIrishEllieDined on 8/19/2014As always, Frasca offers a special dining experience. My daughter and I celebrated our birthdays together, along with our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomealexDined on 8/16/2014I'm still flavoring that food in my mouth. I can't believe that living 20 years in Denver I never went there. Their food is to die for and the service makes you feel like you're VIPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerScottSDined on 8/15/2014The service and for are better than any place in the area.Special Features:
- Enthusiastic staffMuelhaDined on 8/15/2014Striking was the enthusiasm of the staff. Both the food and the service was superior. This was a highlight of our visit to Boulder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frasca remains the best!RodRDined on 8/14/2014Had a terrific anniversary dinner at Frasca with my wife and daughter last week. Remains our favorite restaurant -- anywhere. Try the new six course tasting menu with wine pairings - you'll be in incredibly capable hands! The staff is always very genuine and friendly and there appears to be very little turnover -- which says a lot about management. Matthew, the som, is the best in the biz. Thanks for a terrific night!Special Features:
- It's gone downhill.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Several dishes were disappointing this time. My pasta dish was a ravioli with swiss chard that was pasty and dry. The selections for dessert were not terrific. Most dessert choices were pre-prepared items (chocolates or sorbet) rather than freshly prepared items. We didn't like the wine they suggested however they offered no option. Wait staff were dour and serious. It used to be better!Special Features:
- Intimate and deliciousBlondieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food is scrumptious. Service impeccable. We especially liked the space between tables. Frasca has opted to respect 'distance' rather than cramming their floor space with as many tables as possible. Price is not for the faint of heart though. This is a $100-$150 x head dinner depending on wine chosen. Worth it for a special occasion.
- Delicious 4 course menuTasteSensationDined on 8/7/2014Frasca has a well-deserved reputation for fine dining and did not disappoint during their 10-year anniversary celebration. The 4 course prix fixe menu featured favorites from their first decade of operations. At $78 per person (plus appetizers and drinks) it's not cheap, but delicious. Impeccable service by a cast of dozens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why such hype?Truegourmet1VIPDined on 8/7/2014This was my second visit to Frasca and I'm still baffled. Why is this such a highly prized resturant? The simple truth is the food, the main reason I go out to eat, does not match the level of service I get or the quality of the wine list. Both times I have left with the same feeling that the quality of the service, which is excellent, can't outweigh the disappointing food. To be fair the food is not horrible but it does not rise to the level of praise bestowed upon it.Special Features:
- Consistently ImpressiveAnthonyDined on 8/4/2014We have been to Frasca 5 times in as many years and we find it to be the finest restaurant in the Denver metro area. If you enjoy the experience of food and wine as an art, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but VERY expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014This is an exquisite, elegant, and impressive restaurant. It is VERY expensive, however and may not satisfy everyone who wishes to dine. There are many other restaurants nearby diners would like more than this and might find a better value. Every dish we had of the seven on the tasting menu were very precise and made in an intentional way respectful to Friuli, the region in Italy that inspires Frasca's food, as well as very delicious. The wines paired with the food were equally impressive and enjoyable, matching the food perfectly. Servers are a bit sterile yet exact in manner while also efficient. Space is beautiful yet understated. If you wish to go, bring extra $$$. Fifth star is missing in review because of lack of value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as Good as Beforeckmd25VIPDined on 8/1/2014We went here for dinner on a Friday night, and as expected it was quite good. Our food was tasty but not all 5 star, my scallops were delicious but my primi was luke warm and my fish was as well, and slightly dry. But still good, just not great. To be honest. The biggest problem though was our waiter was a bit mean. Some of the dishes are in italian, as expected, but I am not fluent in italian and was less familiar with the more abstract dishes. However, this seemed to him to be exceedingly annoying. I only asked three questions about the different dishes but his terse replies and facial expressions did not hide the fact that he thought I was annoying. Well, I think I should get to ask questions when I'm paying $220 for dinner for two.
- good but not excellentTerraBrasilisDined on 7/29/2014Service was wonderful, the wine list amazing and the wait staff super attentive, however the foos didnt impress me. For the price (and yes this is an expensive restaurant) I expected more. Also - it would have been nice if the bread was warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2014We selected this restaurant to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, and I'm glad we did. Impeccable food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnevenAmuseboucheDined on 7/24/2014Frasca's four-course menu can be inventive and delicious. The chef's starters were interesting. The choices were adequate. The service was slow, and our waiter wanted to go over every ingredient in every dish. The wine list is extensive; wine can be ordered in small quantities but most bottles start at $125 and above. There is no reason for that. The frustrations can ruin the evening. It was inordinately expensive and our reserved table was not ready on time; there was no waiting area. The first time was our last time here.Special Features:
- buonissimoviandieVIPDined on 7/24/2014still the best food and originality in Colorado. How do you make kingfish sashimi into one of the best appetizers. Blueberry tart was delicious. carry a fat walletSpecial Features:
- DenverGal309Dined on 7/19/2014Recently dined at Frasca in Boulder. This was our first visit to Frasca, as we live in South Denver. The evening hit 5 stars on all categories. I lost count of how many people came to our table that evening to make sure every aspect of the dining experience was perfect. The food options were varied - all tasting menu items can be ordered ala carte. The wine list was extensive and had a variety of price ranges to select from. My husband and I tried the 10 year Anniversary Tasting Menu, which was excellent. I highly recommend visiting Frasca when you are in the Boulder area for a memorable evening. Reservations are a must.Special Features:
- Fairly AverageColoradoBellDined on 7/18/2014The food was a real disappointment. I missed the wonderful complexity of flavors that rewards us in excellent chef preparations. I do not feel that by offering to remove dairy and glutenous grains from existing food dishes offers a satisfactory alternative. Chef dishes should require all the food components to capture the richness of the intended flavors. The chef missed the dessert mark entirely. His/her answer to offering a chocolate dessert dish was a plate of chocolate wrapped candies! REALLY? And as for a gluten or dairy free option, good ol' sorbet was the fall back. A really fairly average chef meal with outstanding service! We won't be back again.Special Features:
- One of Colorado's bestDrooskiDined on 7/17/2014Easily equal to the top restaurants in Colorado, Frasca offers an exquisitely executed modern Italian menu (Friuli-Venezia on the night I went) and glorious wine list. Deserving of a Michelin star, in my opinion, certainly a Bib Gourmand.Special Features:
- Pasta and fish standouts!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014Pasta and fish dishes were excellent other dishes were very good desserts were Delish service was outstanding a little overpriced for the atmosphere tables are close for $78 a person I shouldn't have to hear the conversations from all surrounding tables our server was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Frasca was a great place to take my girlfriend on her birthday. The food and service were excellent. The sutle and classy happy birthday messages on the menu and dessert were appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frasca exceptionalluhaDined on 7/14/2014The servers were knowledgeable and attentive. Each course in the tasting menu was exceptional and paired perfectly with wine. It was apparent that the staff get along, and the vibe was upbeat and friendly.Special Features:
- excellence!sasquatchDined on 7/11/2014Excellence in service down to the smallest thing ...great food and staff very knowledgable!Special Features: