Fran's Filling Station
2410 Park Road
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fran's Filling Station
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fransfillingstation.com/
- Phone: 7043722009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fran's Filling Station
Welcome to Fran's Filling Station. I opened this restaurant to fill a void: inexpensive, eclectic dishes designed to satisfy both grazers and hearty eaters in a fun, welcoming and casual environment. My mission is to prepare fresh and carefully crafted food and to serve it in a manner that nurtures the spirit as well as the body, capturing the essential meaning of hospitality. Happy Eating! -Fran ScibelliContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Fran's Filling Station - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Fran's Filling Station reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (16)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014What an original restaurant. The menu had great, original selections -- very unlike your typical restaurant (and in a good way)! Food was very distinctive and delicious. Chef and owner came out and spoke with us, which we found a nice extra. Can't go wrong with this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I'm going to say that they had an off night. I have been there before and enjoyed the experience. Not so much this night.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait but delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Service was slow from start to finish, partially because our waitress was so busy and partially because the food is made fresh! It was delicious though, and I would go back, but maybe order an appetizer to break up the wait.Special Features:
- Great Neighboorhood Restaurant!!RandyDined on 7/30/2014Great Neighboorhood find!! We will come back often. Wait staff was friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent serviceLuv2travelDined on 7/25/2014Visiting Charlotte & found Fran's on Tripadvisor ... Fran herself felt as though our food order was taking too long (which it wasn't) so she bought my husband and I a round if drinks ... We've never had that type of attention before especially since not once did we ever complain .. We were so lost in our own conversation as the atmosphere allowed us to do so ... Food was good & prepared to our likingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousellesDined on 7/25/2014All 4 of us really enjoyed our meals. The dessert was ridiculous and I don't know how it can be topped! Try the biscuits - they are almost delicate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Made a reservation at Fran's because they were not participating in Restaurant Week & we didn't want to be rushed with the crowds. We were not disappointed. Our server was quite knowledgeable about the menu & specials and guided us expertly. The food was excellent, especially the tomato mozzarella basil salad. Fran's will now be on our short list of go to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, cute placeFLfamDined on 7/14/2014Our server offered great recommendations especially for our wine when they were out of my favorite. Fran also came out of the kitchen to check on and chat with guests about their meals, the prep, and answer other questions they may have. Fran's has a unique, smaller yet diverse menu. Try the bacon and jalapeno wrapped sweet potato tots and the scrumptious honey-thyme chicken!!Special Features:
- Great sandwichesBillyDined on 6/28/2014I love their takes on burgers and fried chicken. They have a bunch of old favorites that are presented in a unique way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceMrsKDined on 6/20/2014The food and service were awesome. Four of us went to Fran's and we all shared a taste of our meal with each other. Everyone loved the food. The tater tot appetizers rocked! We would definitely go again, and a lot!Special Features:
- Great people and great foodnikkiDined on 6/14/2014Our party of 6 was greeted and fed easily. This place isnt fancy but it is quality and the service is outstanding. Will was our server and he took great care of us. I wouldn't suggest this place for huge parties unless you were gonna rent the entire spot BUT, they will accommodate in any way they can. We had a mix mussels in coconut curry, both fried chicken sandwiches, the meatballs and the Veal. Everything was excellent.Special Features:
- Fran's Came ThroughJohnnyGDined on 5/24/2014We had a group of eight to celebrate my daughter's graduation from Johnson and Wales. The food and service were great. The meals were served in a timely manner, and the staff were very accommodating. Thank you Fran for making my daughter's night very special.Special Features:
- The following 131 reviews are from the Fran's Filling Station reviews archive.
- Good food, disasterous serviceNateDined on 5/2/2014If you are patient, this is some of the best food in Charlotte. But you have to be willing to wait for your order to be taken, wait for your check at the end of the meal, wait for the server to run your credit card. All of those waits longer than what's reasonable and customary. Their burger is one of the top two in Charlotte, though.Special Features:
- loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014our meal was wonderful--my husband got the beef tenderloin skewers. the caesar salad that came with was our favorite part. I ordered the new south fried chicken sandwich and it was wonderful. our only complaint was that it took a very long time for our meal to arrive.Special Features:
- Nice local placeJ4444Dined on 4/23/2014My wife flipped out over her turkey an jezebel sauce sandwich. I had a fried chicken sandwich and the "famous" fries, both of which were just kind of ok. Service was curt and effective - perhaps was because there was only 1 server working at the time? Anyway, we'll give it another try and see how it woks out.Special Features:
- Once again, Fran's was greatJOhnDined on 4/22/2014Took a friend for dinner, their first time. The food was very good. The M $ C with a salad was more than enough for me. A neighborhood favorite.Special Features:
- Love Fran's!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014You can always count on having a great meal at Fran's! The food is creative and fresh and you can always find a great special to try.Special Features:
- A go to restaurant for lunchSeptember25Dined on 4/11/2014A go to restaurant for lunch or dinner. The Greek salad at lunch with the shaved roasted chicken is great. Go anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Neighborhood GemGAgirlfoodie1Dined on 2/21/2014We visited Fran's Filling Station for the first time on a Friday evening. The food and the service was outstanding. Everything thing is made fresh, in house. We will be going back!Special Features:
- Casual First-Class ExperienceWantmoreDined on 2/15/2014Fran's Filling Station is a must-visit when in Charlotte! The atmosphere is casual, but the food is exquisite and definitely has a special twist. My boyfriend got the lamb, and I got the crab cake salad. We highly recommend both options!Special Features:
- Perfect spotSoFriedDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I have dined at Fran's many times...the food is fresh and tasty and we always enjoy the trip to the Filling Station every time. I personally love the homemade meatballs and sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Setting, Delicious FoodVeggieloverDined on 2/14/2014I absolutely loved this restaurant! I am vegetarian and my date was a meat-lover, and we both enjoyed our food. We went on Valentines Day and we enjoyed the featured sangria plus their home-made veggie lasagna. My date said the burger and fries were excellent and we both loved the biscuits as a starter. Their zucchini side was the best we have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondTStuDined on 2/14/2014We've never had a bad meal at Fran's but Valentine's Day dinner was above and beyond expectations. The fried oyster app was perfectly cooked. The flounder special was incredibly delicious as was the chicken sandwich. We thought the chicken looked over cooked but one bite proved us wrong. The outside was crunchy and the inside tender and moist. The red velvet cake for dessert was over the top. Fran has done it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not best visit I've hadTappioca329Dined on 1/31/2014I love Fran's and have been here countless times. The food is always amazing and never disappoints. I've gotten used to the slower service but this visit was REALLY slow. Our dinner time should have been about half of what it was. We waited for the waitress, we waited to place our order, to get the food, to pay for the food, to get our cards back. If this was my first experience, I would have been hard pressed to want to come back. So definitely visit because of the great food, but either go when it's not busy or be prepared to hang out awhile....maybe a long while. We were also seated mine in front of the door and it was pretty cold the whole time. We definitely could've asked to move I guess but they were pretty packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyonekimg2233Dined on 1/25/2014Great menu to suit picky older eaters, little picky eaters and every one in-between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fran'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Fran's was great food with a creative twist. Very original combinations and very flavorful. Loved it and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/3/2014Enjoyed the great food and great service but the restaurant was a bit noisy. You have got to try the bacon wrapped tater tots.... Delicious! I had the meatballs and my husband had the burger. Both were great. Service was wonderful as well.Special Features:
- A Small GemfoodwithfriendsDined on 12/31/2013Our group of six was looking for a fairly quiet, intimate, quality restaurant for NY Eve. We found it all at Fran's. Food, wine, service, and ambience all very good. AND it was quiet enough that we could have conversation. I have already recommended this restaurant and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fair serviceJCStarnesDined on 12/17/2013Given that it was a busy evening, I'll accept that my server could have been swamped, but my guest and I were left alone for long periods of time (prior to ordering, during our meal, and after the restaurant had literally cleared out but us). It left a cloud of disappointment over a pretty good meal. Worth giving it another shot, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodJLP1026Dined on 12/11/2013I honestly have driven by this restaurant countless times and never realized it was there. Thankfully I finally stumbled across it as they have one of the best (if not the best in my opinon) burgers in Charlotte. It was fantastic, I can't wait to go back and try some of their other menu options. It was priced reasonably, the service was great and it was a very comfortable and casual environment to eat in. I only wish they did brunch, because I'm sure it would be fantastic. I will definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish my neighborhood had thisGeorgeDined on 11/30/2013This is a very comfortable restaurant, just the right size, with great food and service - a real "neighborhood" spot. Wish we had one like this in my neighborhood!Special Features:
- good time, good priceCharlotteDined on 11/23/2013Always enjoy the cleaver menu, and friendly atmoshphereSpecial Features:
- Great SalmonFoodieLizDined on 11/20/2013I had the salmon on a bed of fried rice and green beans. It was delicious! Perfectly cooked. The banana cake for dessert was also wonderful. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite the perfect eveningBacontotsDined on 11/15/2013Everything about Fran's is outstanding, from the service to the atmosphere and especially the food. Bacon tots are a must have. I could not have asked for a better dining experience.Special Features:
- Good, but the menu changed...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2013The first few times going there was great. They had good selection of Southern dishes on the menu. On our last visit we found a new menu that was less Southern. The food was good but the Southern food was the attraction for us. I hope it's just a seasonal menu...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but not for kidshakdaddyDined on 11/7/2013Enjoyed lunch and the bacon wrapped tots were awesome. Took my kids and they enjoyed it but more of a bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & Service!CLTNativeDined on 11/4/2013My girlfriends and I dined at Frans for my birthday and it was a great experience! The ambience was perfect for an intimate gathering of friends. Our server was extremely knowledgeable and personable and the food was DELISH! The pairings were right on point and obviously carefully thought out by Fran. I love the eclectic vibe; no cheesy themes or overly pretentious decor. We will certainly be back to try the lunch menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite with deliciousSeptember25Dined on 10/29/2013Always a favorite with delicious , fresh tastes. A must do anytime you want to dine out~!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Fran'spmpearsonDined on 10/21/2013This is a such a great place, especially for lunch. The food is eclectic and delicious, and the service is quick, allowing for a leisurely but time-sensitive luncheon experience. It's also good for dinner, although the chairs aren't the most comfortable so sitting for a longer meal isn't as ideal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu at Fran's is a hitCraigFromNYCDined on 10/16/2013Fran's introduced a new menu recently. We had a group of seven so we had ample opportunity to try new several items as well as familiar standbys. In the new category, the fresh pasta special was wonderful, as was the lamb. We also tried the Southern fried chicken sandwich on pretzel bun with pepper jelly, another winner. Several of our party had burgers, which were as delicious as in the past. In all, a great dining experience at Fran's. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.