Fran's Filling Station
2410 Park Road
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fran's Filling Station
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fransfillingstation.com/
- Phone: (704) 372-2009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fran's Filling Station
Welcome to Fran's Filling Station. I opened this restaurant to fill a void: inexpensive, eclectic dishes designed to satisfy both grazers and hearty eaters in a fun, welcoming and casual environment. My mission is to prepare fresh and carefully crafted food and to serve it in a manner that nurtures the spirit as well as the body, capturing the essential meaning of hospitality. Happy Eating! -Fran ScibelliContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Fran's Filling Station - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Fran's Filling Station reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (8)special occasion (7)good for groups (6)late-night find (6)romantic (5)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- needs somethingBuckoDined on 11/13/2014drove 4 hours to eat here, was surprised Fran does the cooking, good sandwiches, but was too sterile an environment, needs something more....was out of soup and unsweetened tea at 2 pm, dinner menu looked interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuff continuesJOhnDined on 11/6/2014After remodeling the food is still delicious. Salmon is delicious. Fries are THE best. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in CharlotteLMDinCharlotteDined on 11/3/2014Fran's Filling Station reflects the character of it's owner, Fran. She is always present and commands high quality from her staff, but manages to achieve that with a relaxed vibe. The food is fresh and delicious, and you will find many unique items on the menu. Fran tries new dishes to keep the menu interesting, and asks for feedback from her customers. She is genuine and engaging which have made my dining experiences extremely pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great And Local!luvtoeatoutDined on 11/1/2014Fran's Filling Station is located on Park Rd, tucked away in a small shopping center across from The Red Cross, it is very local, friendly, the food is cooked for you. I had my grandchildren with me, and although there is no special children's menu there is excellent Maccroni and Cheese! The Chicken Marsala was good, a bit heavy on the garlic, but still good...Fran came over to our table to welcome us, the staff was terrific and treated the kids very well. It made the evening special and different for the three of us...love being able to take my grandchildren, ages 11 and 8 to a place they feel welcomed and comfortable and enjoyed the food!Special Features:
- great foodjeanieVIPDined on 10/8/2014It did not have a great wine list, but food was wonderful.Special Features:
- A surprisingly fabulous mealLovenotcookingDined on 10/3/2014we made our reservations based on open table reviews and were surprised to have such a wonderful dining experience when we saw the strip mall where it is located. Food is reasonably priced but drinks are high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- September25VIPDined on 9/30/2014Always my go to spot for fresh, delicious cuisine.Special Features:
- Great lunchWillyVIPDined on 9/30/2014Stopped for lunch. It was perfect. A nice wild mushroom soup, outstanding turkey sandwich choices made for a really nice lunchSpecial Features:
- DOCHDined on 9/2/2014always awesome food....Fran is incredibly creative and her staff is very accommodating.....a great teamSpecial Features:
- Great but no surpriseTappioca329Dined on 8/29/2014Fran's is one of my favorite restaurants in the area. I have had a few issues before with service being slow and the last time I went it was pretty bad, but I always love the food and this time the service was great! I am actually moving out of the area and knew that I wanted to get one "last meal" at Fran's before I left. Do yourself a favor and go! (And get the bread pudding)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!PickyVIPDined on 8/28/2014What an original restaurant. The menu had great, original selections -- very unlike your typical restaurant (and in a good way)! Food was very distinctive and delicious. Chef and owner came out and spoke with us, which we found a nice extra. Can't go wrong with this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I'm going to say that they had an off night. I have been there before and enjoyed the experience. Not so much this night.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait but delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Service was slow from start to finish, partially because our waitress was so busy and partially because the food is made fresh! It was delicious though, and I would go back, but maybe order an appetizer to break up the wait.Special Features:
- Great Neighboorhood Restaurant!!RandyDined on 7/30/2014Great Neighboorhood find!! We will come back often. Wait staff was friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 139 reviews are from the Fran's Filling Station reviews archive.
- Excelent serviceLuv2travelDined on 7/25/2014Visiting Charlotte & found Fran's on Tripadvisor ... Fran herself felt as though our food order was taking too long (which it wasn't) so she bought my husband and I a round if drinks ... We've never had that type of attention before especially since not once did we ever complain .. We were so lost in our own conversation as the atmosphere allowed us to do so ... Food was good & prepared to our likingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousellesDined on 7/25/2014All 4 of us really enjoyed our meals. The dessert was ridiculous and I don't know how it can be topped! Try the biscuits - they are almost delicate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Made a reservation at Fran's because they were not participating in Restaurant Week & we didn't want to be rushed with the crowds. We were not disappointed. Our server was quite knowledgeable about the menu & specials and guided us expertly. The food was excellent, especially the tomato mozzarella basil salad. Fran's will now be on our short list of go to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, cute placeFLfamDined on 7/14/2014Our server offered great recommendations especially for our wine when they were out of my favorite. Fran also came out of the kitchen to check on and chat with guests about their meals, the prep, and answer other questions they may have. Fran's has a unique, smaller yet diverse menu. Try the bacon and jalapeno wrapped sweet potato tots and the scrumptious honey-thyme chicken!!Special Features:
- Great sandwichesBillyDined on 6/28/2014I love their takes on burgers and fried chicken. They have a bunch of old favorites that are presented in a unique way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceMrsKDined on 6/20/2014The food and service were awesome. Four of us went to Fran's and we all shared a taste of our meal with each other. Everyone loved the food. The tater tot appetizers rocked! We would definitely go again, and a lot!Special Features:
- Great people and great foodnikkiVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our party of 6 was greeted and fed easily. This place isnt fancy but it is quality and the service is outstanding. Will was our server and he took great care of us. I wouldn't suggest this place for huge parties unless you were gonna rent the entire spot BUT, they will accommodate in any way they can. We had a mix mussels in coconut curry, both fried chicken sandwiches, the meatballs and the Veal. Everything was excellent.Special Features:
- Fran's Came ThroughJohnnyGDined on 5/24/2014We had a group of eight to celebrate my daughter's graduation from Johnson and Wales. The food and service were great. The meals were served in a timely manner, and the staff were very accommodating. Thank you Fran for making my daughter's night very special.Special Features:
- Good food, disasterous serviceNateVIPDined on 5/2/2014If you are patient, this is some of the best food in Charlotte. But you have to be willing to wait for your order to be taken, wait for your check at the end of the meal, wait for the server to run your credit card. All of those waits longer than what's reasonable and customary. Their burger is one of the top two in Charlotte, though.Special Features:
- loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2014our meal was wonderful--my husband got the beef tenderloin skewers. the caesar salad that came with was our favorite part. I ordered the new south fried chicken sandwich and it was wonderful. our only complaint was that it took a very long time for our meal to arrive.Special Features:
- Nice local placeJ4444VIPDined on 4/23/2014My wife flipped out over her turkey an jezebel sauce sandwich. I had a fried chicken sandwich and the "famous" fries, both of which were just kind of ok. Service was curt and effective - perhaps was because there was only 1 server working at the time? Anyway, we'll give it another try and see how it woks out.Special Features:
- Once again, Fran's was greatJOhnDined on 4/22/2014Took a friend for dinner, their first time. The food was very good. The M $ C with a salad was more than enough for me. A neighborhood favorite.Special Features:
- Love Fran's!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/19/2014You can always count on having a great meal at Fran's! The food is creative and fresh and you can always find a great special to try.Special Features:
- A go to restaurant for lunchSeptember25VIPDined on 4/11/2014A go to restaurant for lunch or dinner. The Greek salad at lunch with the shaved roasted chicken is great. Go anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Neighborhood GemGAgirlfoodie1Dined on 2/21/2014We visited Fran's Filling Station for the first time on a Friday evening. The food and the service was outstanding. Everything thing is made fresh, in house. We will be going back!Special Features:
- Casual First-Class ExperienceWantmoreDined on 2/15/2014Fran's Filling Station is a must-visit when in Charlotte! The atmosphere is casual, but the food is exquisite and definitely has a special twist. My boyfriend got the lamb, and I got the crab cake salad. We highly recommend both options!Special Features:
- Perfect spotSoFriedDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I have dined at Fran's many times...the food is fresh and tasty and we always enjoy the trip to the Filling Station every time. I personally love the homemade meatballs and sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Setting, Delicious FoodVeggieloverDined on 2/14/2014I absolutely loved this restaurant! I am vegetarian and my date was a meat-lover, and we both enjoyed our food. We went on Valentines Day and we enjoyed the featured sangria plus their home-made veggie lasagna. My date said the burger and fries were excellent and we both loved the biscuits as a starter. Their zucchini side was the best we have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondTStuVIPDined on 2/14/2014We've never had a bad meal at Fran's but Valentine's Day dinner was above and beyond expectations. The fried oyster app was perfectly cooked. The flounder special was incredibly delicious as was the chicken sandwich. We thought the chicken looked over cooked but one bite proved us wrong. The outside was crunchy and the inside tender and moist. The red velvet cake for dessert was over the top. Fran has done it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not best visit I've hadTappioca329Dined on 1/31/2014I love Fran's and have been here countless times. The food is always amazing and never disappoints. I've gotten used to the slower service but this visit was REALLY slow. Our dinner time should have been about half of what it was. We waited for the waitress, we waited to place our order, to get the food, to pay for the food, to get our cards back. If this was my first experience, I would have been hard pressed to want to come back. So definitely visit because of the great food, but either go when it's not busy or be prepared to hang out awhile....maybe a long while. We were also seated mine in front of the door and it was pretty cold the whole time. We definitely could've asked to move I guess but they were pretty packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyonekimg2233VIPDined on 1/25/2014Great menu to suit picky older eaters, little picky eaters and every one in-between.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fran'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Fran's was great food with a creative twist. Very original combinations and very flavorful. Loved it and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2014Enjoyed the great food and great service but the restaurant was a bit noisy. You have got to try the bacon wrapped tater tots.... Delicious! I had the meatballs and my husband had the burger. Both were great. Service was wonderful as well.Special Features:
- A Small GemfoodwithfriendsDined on 12/31/2013Our group of six was looking for a fairly quiet, intimate, quality restaurant for NY Eve. We found it all at Fran's. Food, wine, service, and ambience all very good. AND it was quiet enough that we could have conversation. I have already recommended this restaurant and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fair serviceJCStarnesVIPDined on 12/17/2013Given that it was a busy evening, I'll accept that my server could have been swamped, but my guest and I were left alone for long periods of time (prior to ordering, during our meal, and after the restaurant had literally cleared out but us). It left a cloud of disappointment over a pretty good meal. Worth giving it another shot, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodJLP1026VIPDined on 12/11/2013I honestly have driven by this restaurant countless times and never realized it was there. Thankfully I finally stumbled across it as they have one of the best (if not the best in my opinon) burgers in Charlotte. It was fantastic, I can't wait to go back and try some of their other menu options. It was priced reasonably, the service was great and it was a very comfortable and casual environment to eat in. I only wish they did brunch, because I'm sure it would be fantastic. I will definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.