371 First Avenue
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.franksonfirst.com/
- Phone: (212) 677-2991
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Frank's Trattoria
Family run Italian restaurant near Stuyvesant Town—Peter Cooper Village. Serving the best Italian in the neighborhood for over 30 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Frank's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance2.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- How this place has made 30 years?!Foodiefun91VIPDined on 11/9/2014I was in search of a reasonably priced restaurant with good food, and I figured, this place has been here 30 years, it's gotta be at least decent. Boy was I wrong. It was definitely quiet, and we had the entire dining room to ourselves for most of the time, yet the service was horrible! Infrequent visits to the table, servers who barely speak English, and food that was...well, edible I guess, but that's about it. I will never return here and would not recommend it to anyone. Maybe their pizza is good, but at this point, I'm not courageous enough to try.
- Old School AwesomemsrgDined on 9/3/2014Food was good solid italian fare! Delicious! Taste like true italian. Great neighborhood spot with 'regulars.' Service was super and we will definitely be back! A Gem!Special Features:
- Great casualLuveatingoutVIPDined on 7/29/2014Old world italian. Neighborhood regulars. Perfect casual dinner. Pizzaria in front home cooking in back.Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Frank's Trattoria reviews archive.
- LoveHawaii1315VIPDined on 7/6/2014This was one of the best meals we have had in NYC. Don't let the first impression fool you, the food is fabulous and just like Italy. You definitely can't judge a book by it's cover on this restaurant. We had pizza and pastas, all were delicious. We will definitely be returning here on our next trip.Special Features:
- CONSISTENTLY GOODBigDaddyfanVIPDined on 5/11/2014Been going here for years and it's always the same - which in many cases is great! Food is good, service good, atmosphere old school. I'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserving a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/4/2014They have a problem reserving a table and although I got the table this time on another occasion they gave the table to someone else and said "well if someone comes in before you and takes the table what can I do?" The wait staff is not involved in this charade and are excellent servers. The person most responsible for this is the owner's sister. To solve the problem they should honor the reservation or not accept any at all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute, comfortable and affordable.DespinaVIPDined on 12/19/2013I loved it! So what if the service was a little on the slow side, it was wonderful not to be rushed through dinner. The food was good - not over done and not bloating, the wine was reasonably priced and the decor was cute. It's a throwback for sure. Don't expect fancy and dont' be discouraged by the pizza oven at the front. Their dining room in the back is cute and cozy. I will definitely go back again for their pizza and pasta. I loved the fact that it was served with a salad. If you're looking for comfort food in a relaxed environment where you can sit and talk and not be rushed out the door - this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable Italian restaurantlovetoeatVIPDined on 8/13/2013This is a long-standing, dependable Italian neighborhood restaurant. The food is good and plentiful; prices are moderate and service is friendly and helpful. What more can one want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.