Frank's Steak House
2310 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02140Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Frank's Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://frankssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6176610666
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Check website for local bands and piano players
A word from Frank's Steak House
A neighborhood steak house with outstanding quality at prices you won"t believe. We feature steak and Prime Rib with a generous chicken, chop, and seafood selection. Franks is Greater Boston's oldest steak house, is adored by the Phantom Gourmet and the Zagat Guide and is going strong after all these years. The Bar has 5 flat screen tv's with live cover free bands on the weekends. Our chef also has some phenomenal specials every night for our ever increasing list of regulars. We are open for dinners only and Sundays at Noon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Frank's Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (16)kid-friendly (13)special occasion (11)great for lunch (7)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- had high hope BUT!!!MajorTomOHawlkDined on 8/29/2014When I heard about Franks I said we have to try it. We go to 1 new restaurant a week. So we take the 50 min ride expecting a real good time. We arrive at 8:10 having reservations for 8:15. The greeters at the door asked if we had reservations and I said yes for 10 they looked like they were going to panic then I told them I was just kidding. We all laughed and from that point on we had a great time. From the great waitress, the friendly faces and the gentleman who brought out our perfectly Cooke tomahawk steak" whoop,whoop". What a nice time and we had a bottle of wine a few side and I could not believe we got out under a $100. Thank you Frank for a great experiance . See you soon. Marco & ErinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014My husband saw this on Phantom Gourmet. We decided to take the opportunity to go for a special occasion with large group. Food was fantastic. My husband and I split the Tomahock Steak. Prices very reasonable for a steak house. Everyone who joined us is still talking about how good it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaksCarolDined on 8/24/2014Why go to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Sure, the ambiance is better. But is it really worth four times the cost? The steak at Frank's is just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lpl12Dined on 8/23/2014Great food and pleasant staff. Reasonably priced as well.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2014We were looking for a steak restaurant in Cambridge & Frank's came up as a possibility. Although the food was really good, we felt as though we had gone way back in time. The restaurant was clean but seemed "a little long in the tooth". All in all we enjoyed our evening.
- Reasonable and ReliableEenaDined on 8/17/2014Frank's food is consistently good at a fair price. It's not gourmet but rather old fashioned comfort food. If you're in the mood for that, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- greatcookformeDined on 8/17/2014Food and service were exceptional. The only complaint is that some of the dishware was cracked and shouldn't have been used.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awfulscottyDined on 8/9/2014Our server was terrible. Not only did she keep disappearing but she was completely insensitive to the fact that we were working an overnight and needed a quick-ish meal. The bruschetta I ordered was a joke. It was toasted garlic cheesy bread with tomatoes on it. The steaks took 35 minutes and mine was rare and my fiancé's was med rare. I HEARD our server complaining to one of the other servers and they're loud mouth remarks embarrassed us. When I went to the bathroom, one of the stalls were occupied because the waitstaff was changing into an out-of-work outfit. I don't find that professional or something I want to wait for when I need to use the bathroom. We didn't get a smile or a goodnight when we left. Terrible. We won't be back. :(
- WonderfulbillVIPDined on 8/9/2014We hada wonderful experience. The bruscietta was outstanding The prime roast was as godd as the much more expensive restuarants.The Caeaser salad was great plenty of anchovies. Wait staff terrific. A casual place that had great food and service plus reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib Feastgregg7924Dined on 8/3/2014Saw owner on TV, Phantom Gourmet. I have been looking for a great place for Prime Rib with a good a jus. I have not found one as good as King Arthurs Court in Miami Springs, FL, in the late 60's and early 70's. Franks Steak house with the a jus was very close to the best, but the meat itself could of been more tender, that being said the overall dish was very good and the dinner price was excellent. Even though it was a 1 1/2 hour drive from West Springfield, I would do it again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Quality food at a very reasonable price. Enjoyable old style atmosphere/ambient. Friendly mature staff.Special Features:
- ClosetChefVIPDined on 7/31/2014Tomahawk Delmonico for 2 is better than any fancy Boston steakhouse. Apps and sides are great as well. Prices are extremely reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so muchbcbbqDined on 7/28/2014very nice restaurant, the staff is very good and friendly. we ordered the rib eye stakes, mine rare and my guest was medium rare, with bake potato and butternut squash. my guest stake was rare and the bake potato for both of us were over cooked and seemed to have been kept in a warming pan. the butternut squash was overwhelmed by nutmeg. The waitresses, was spot on not giving up on make the dining experience a good thing. It is Franks policy to not have bad meal... they took off one stake and comp-ted a glass of wine. For us it was not a good nite in the kitchen. Ps why do stake houses use those serrated knives that saw the meat in stead of cutting the meat????
- Reasonable Prices!McdonowilVIPDined on 7/5/2014This place has great food at very reasonable prices. Nice crisp salads, great steaks and chops, with excellent fish and some Italian choices. Also, the bar pours a very good drink. If I lived closer, I'd be here all the time.Special Features:
- awesome prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014I been to a lot of places..Franks Prime Rib is out of this world...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time warpbillboDined on 6/17/2014An old style steak house with all the pluses and minuses. Nothing fancy just good food at good prices.Special Features:
- fabulous steak and good valuevictoriaDined on 6/15/2014Comfortable. Great prices super food. Luscious steak. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Dining with ups and downsKazz1120Dined on 6/14/2014This is not our first time at Frank's. It is a good place for good food with a lot of locals. It has it has it good days and not so goo days. This was not the best of days. The service was bit slow for us. Maybe because it was the day before father's day or that a bus tour had just left i dunno. We waited quite a bit in-between the appetizers and the main course to the point it was noticeable to all at the table. The food is very good and simple and classic and traditional. We will still wind up going back because the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food! Best steaks aroundCharlotteDined on 6/3/2014The steaks are outstanding! Even the nachos were amazing! Waitstaff is friendly and helpful. Consistently yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Place for FoodieslambkinDined on 6/1/2014This was my first visit to Frank's Steak House. The steak was absolutely fantastic and cooked to perfection with plenty to take home. The clam chowder and Caesar salad was fantastic as well. I am already looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great group servicesuzymcdDined on 5/31/2014We dined with family, which was long overdue. Everyone found something of interest on the menu; the service was most attentive, but not intrusive. This was the 2 nd time we dined here as a group, and would recommend it to anyone who wants great service, good food, and a pleasant surrounding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frank's Steak HouseWalthamdadDined on 5/25/2014Frank's Steak House was a great place to dine, food was good and the price was right. I recommend it to anyone looking to take the family out for a reasonable steak dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerdinnerdateDined on 5/24/2014thought the restaurant was extremely clean, the waitress couldn't of been anymore helpful.. they had a computer issue in the kitchen but if the waitress didn't explain it to us we would never of know. Been there several times always had a wonderful meal, I brought two new people and they also loved their mealSpecial Features:
- Big groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014Had a party if 12 service was great as well as food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Basics Done Rightdbal1Dined on 5/18/2014We hadn't been to Frank's since we moved out of Cambridge 20 years ago, but it was a favorite back then when we wanted a good old fashioned steak dinner. Now, between Grill 23, Morton's, Flemings, etc. a decent steak is a significant investment. However, it's refreshing to know that Frank's does what it does about as well as you could ask. Nothing pretentious. Just good food, well prepared in a warm family-friendly not-too-fancy atmosphere. This isn't the place to find rosemary infused truffle oiled beurre on your grilled skirt steak. But if you want a nice 9oz NY Strip perfectly grilled to medium rare, you've found the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Local SpotBeccaBDined on 5/18/2014Frank's is a long-time neighborhood staple for those interested in getting a good meal for decent prices. Appetizer sampler was good. Prime rib was tasty and cooked correctly, however, was a bit fatty and had some gristle on it. Kids liked their mac&cheese meals and rest of family enjoyed their steaks. Overall, it's a good place to take large groups for gatherings as service and food is good without breaking the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All my life!FrancophilesnowbirdDined on 5/10/2014Am in my 70s and i have lived near Frank's all my life. When I was a teenager my parents started going out for New year's eve and where did they go? Frank's of course! I was an adult before i had a meal there. As a group we went there after my mother's wake across the street. It has always been a place to go for good comfort food no matter where we spend our vacations/winters/summers, we are eager to go back to Frank's. My husband loves the chicken supreme and I am the meat eater. Saturday night we shared the 15 oz rib eye which was delicious and cooked to perfection! what more can i say? It's always like going home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLesleyDined on 5/9/2014Filet mignon with mushrooms was excellent! Mozzerella sticks were very good, but the french fries were a bit bland, could have used some salt. Very nice dinner. Great value.Special Features:
- Delicious Prime Rib and ...WallyVIPDined on 5/7/2014My mother ordered prime rib well done and received an end cut that was generous and perfectly cooked. My prime rib ordered as rare as available was tender and delicious. However, the bake potato skins were burnt but the Russet potato flesh were tasty. Otherwise, I would give 5 stars to the food! The clam chowder was thick and flavorful. The strawberry sundae is great as always..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaks!Luv2dineDined on 5/5/2014Excellent steaks, reasonably priced! They were very willing to prepare things to order(for example substituting sides with sautéed mushrooms and onions) which was not on the menu. Would love to see more glueten free options offered. Overall, a great experience for a large family get together! Parking was very much appreciated as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 220 reviews are from the Frank's Steak House reviews archive.
- Steak Was ToughZooeyDined on 5/4/2014Our waiter was charming, well-informed and efficient. Menu options and prices were appealing. The cooked vegetable of the day, squash, was nicely prepared and generously served. The petite filet mignon, however, was tough; not tender at all. This was in spite of its being medium-rare. In fact, it was the only tough filet mignon I've ever been served at any restaurant, at any time. Because of the quality of that steak, I would not choose to go back.Special Features:
- Yum!DeliciousDined on 5/3/2014Love this restaurant. Having mouth surgery today and I had to pick one place to have my last real meal. I picked franks. Best steaks In town. Recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- First time to FranksOldYoungieDined on 4/26/2014For over 40 years, I have heard about this place but until I had theatre tix to a show in Arlington, I had never been there before. It was good food and they let me bring my own bottle of wine for a corking fee, outstanding! I did communicate it was my honey's birthday and they never delivered a candle, but that's ok. We wanted to low key I. I won't wait another 40 years to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school charm-not old fashionsaturdaygroupdinnerDined on 4/25/2014Had a great meal at Frank's. Plenty of food and good for the money. Very kind waitstaff. We were worried that the restaurant being around for such a long time, that everything would be out of date and stuffy but that was not the case at all.Special Features:
- good food, good meatjugowarDined on 4/23/2014very nice food. you should definitely try their tomehawkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulLindaDined on 4/20/2014We have been to Frank's many time and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- FranksFranksDined on 4/20/2014Friendly service in a neighborhood restaurant, food was good and plenty.Special Features:
- Excellent Petite Filet MignonEXCELLENTDined on 4/16/2014I have not been to Frank's in over a year but always remembered they have amazing food. We had the petite filet mignons, they were cooked perfect. The mushrooms we go on the side were deliciousl Only thing upsetting was the bland onion soup we got to start our meal, first time ever I just got onions and broth when ordering onion soup no cheese or bread or croutons to make it heart. That was the only thing disappointing = everything else was delicious!!!!Special Features:
- Great SteaksPatCDined on 4/5/2014I love the steaks at Frank's. I ordered the rib eye and it was excellent. The bread was good, too. The mixed drink I ordered was too strong, and the teeny, dried-out lime slice did nothing to help. I asked for more limes and was given two more teeny, dried-out slices. With my steak I ordered onion soup, not realizing it was plain onion soup, not French onion, and Lyonnaise potatoes, which were served luke-warm and quite salty. Disappointing. I wouldn't rush back. I have a Longhorn Steak House much closer to my home, and their side dishes are excellent.Special Features:
- Old School SteakhouseJAds217VIPDined on 3/29/2014Frank's doesn't pull any punches. They serve large portions of good steaks at a reasonable price. It's definitely an old school type hangout for a certain type of Bostonian, but I would recommend going back. The steaks are good and the service was very good.