Frank's Steak House
2310 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02140Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Frank's Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://frankssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (617) 661-0666
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Check website for local bands and piano players
A word from Frank's Steak House
A neighborhood steak house with outstanding quality at prices you won"t believe. We feature steak and Prime Rib with a generous chicken, chop, and seafood selection. Franks is Greater Boston's oldest steak house, is adored by the Phantom Gourmet and the Zagat Guide and is going strong after all these years. The Bar has 5 flat screen tv's with live cover free bands on the weekends. Our chef also has some phenomenal specials every night for our ever increasing list of regulars. We are open for dinners only and Sundays at Noon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Frank's Steak House - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Frank's Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (16)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Lovely meal at Frank'sRRtasterDined on 11/22/2014We had a lovely meal at Frank's Steak House this past weekend. My salad was fresh and crisp, fresh hot bread for the table, main courses (two different chicken dishes) were flavorful, with broccoli cooked perfectly - still a little crispness, not drowning in butter, very fresh. Because we had timing constraints, we couldn't stay for dessert, but wished we could. Our server was terrific - prompt and efficient, checked in regularly, refilled beverages, but never hovering or rushing us. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 11/15/2014NICE DINNER, SERVICE WE VERY GOOD AND GLAD WE MADE RESERVATIONSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScannelliDined on 11/15/2014Go to restaurant for a delicous dinner everytime, celebrated a good friends 60th birthday with a fabulous dinnerSpecial Features:
- The prime rib, oh wow the prime rib.TeddyHDined on 11/14/2014Classic steakhouse done right. Big cuts that don't miss. Steaks were cooked to perfection. We dined with 10 friends this Friday & we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJ3213Dined on 11/11/2014I have been to Franks many times and never disappointed. They are always accommodating to your special requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TNTNYCDined on 11/8/2014Was there for a pre show dinner with my wife, my wife enjoyed her shrimp and pasta dish but my prime rib which they state is the best in Boston was the worst most toughest piece of meat I had in years and the baked potato almost raw, will never go back there.
- An Anniversary CelebrationNana2012Dined on 10/26/2014We saw Frank's on the Phantom Gourmet and could not wait to try it!! We drove down from New Hampshire and met family from around Massachusetts for an anniversary celebration. The food was wonderful!!! Can't wait to go again!!!Special Features:
- doubledribbleDined on 10/25/2014Good food and reasonable price. Easy to get to. The staff are all very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks..franDined on 10/24/2014We were very happy with everything. Soups and chowder were great. Nice selection of apps wet got combo. . Meal was wonderful steals cooked to perfection. Only flaw the baked potatoes were tiny. . Surprising for a steak house. . We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!Diner44Dined on 10/13/2014We had a great steak dinner. The waitress was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulieDined on 10/11/2014Great steaks, great service. Never disappointed when dining at Franks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Lovers' Time WarpSteakologistDined on 10/11/2014This place may look like it's stuck in the late '70s, but when it comes to serving a delicious, high-quality, reasonably priced steak, this neighborhood classic can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouseHGS1Dined on 10/10/2014Frank's is a neighborhood staple. Excellent food and drink, especially the prime rib. The wait staff is very attentive. Very dependable restaurant that won't break the bank.Special Features:
- Always our first choiceNBCrusaderVIPDined on 9/27/2014When taking our son out to dinner, we always go to Frank's Steak House. Steaks can't be beat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Service could of been alot better!! Could of refilled our drinks more often and cleaned off entire table while we were eating desert instead of looking at baked potatoes etc left over from dinner. Very slowSpecial Features:
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Nice dinner. It was our 23rd anniversary and many of our other plans fell through. We decided to make a reservation to the restaurant so we could at least spend a nice dinner together. The food, atmosphere and staff were nice. At least this provided us with a bright spot to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charmLSmithVIPDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant was okay. It had a very 70's feel to it and alot of older folks. I must say the food was tasty though but probably won't be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Was seated underneath air conditioner and when asked to be moved to another location, we were accommodated. Service was good but had to ask for butter for baked potato, ketchup for fries and steak sauce for steak. Parking is tough. Side streets are resident permit parking only. For this reason I wouldn't make it a point to return to this restaurant. For the overall experience, I wouldn't rush back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great NightMJFBDined on 9/13/2014Excellent dinner & so many choices! Will definitely go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off night?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Franks was recommended to me by a local friend. I made 7:30 reservations about 3 weeks prior to the night for a party of 7. Upon arrival in time for our reservation I was told by the very kind hostess that they were backed up but accommodate us as quickly as possible. We luckily all found seats at the bar and after waiting over an hour, we decided to give up on the table and eat at the bar. The manager thanked us for our understanding and offered us two appetizers on the house. The wait staff were very nice with the exception of one rude woman. The food and drinks were great, but the wait times were a bit excessive. I would eat at Franks again, but not without hesitation.
- had high hope BUT!!!MajorTomOHawlkDined on 8/29/2014When I heard about Franks I said we have to try it. We go to 1 new restaurant a week. So we take the 50 min ride expecting a real good time. We arrive at 8:10 having reservations for 8:15. The greeters at the door asked if we had reservations and I said yes for 10 they looked like they were going to panic then I told them I was just kidding. We all laughed and from that point on we had a great time. From the great waitress, the friendly faces and the gentleman who brought out our perfectly Cooke tomahawk steak" whoop,whoop". What a nice time and we had a bottle of wine a few side and I could not believe we got out under a $100. Thank you Frank for a great experiance . See you soon. Marco & ErinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014My husband saw this on Phantom Gourmet. We decided to take the opportunity to go for a special occasion with large group. Food was fantastic. My husband and I split the Tomahock Steak. Prices very reasonable for a steak house. Everyone who joined us is still talking about how good it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaksCarolDined on 8/24/2014Why go to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Sure, the ambiance is better. But is it really worth four times the cost? The steak at Frank's is just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lpl12Dined on 8/23/2014Great food and pleasant staff. Reasonably priced as well.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2014We were looking for a steak restaurant in Cambridge & Frank's came up as a possibility. Although the food was really good, we felt as though we had gone way back in time. The restaurant was clean but seemed "a little long in the tooth". All in all we enjoyed our evening.
- Reasonable and ReliableEenaDined on 8/17/2014Frank's food is consistently good at a fair price. It's not gourmet but rather old fashioned comfort food. If you're in the mood for that, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- greatcookformeDined on 8/17/2014Food and service were exceptional. The only complaint is that some of the dishware was cracked and shouldn't have been used.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awfulscottyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our server was terrible. Not only did she keep disappearing but she was completely insensitive to the fact that we were working an overnight and needed a quick-ish meal. The bruschetta I ordered was a joke. It was toasted garlic cheesy bread with tomatoes on it. The steaks took 35 minutes and mine was rare and my fiancé's was med rare. I HEARD our server complaining to one of the other servers and they're loud mouth remarks embarrassed us. When I went to the bathroom, one of the stalls were occupied because the waitstaff was changing into an out-of-work outfit. I don't find that professional or something I want to wait for when I need to use the bathroom. We didn't get a smile or a goodnight when we left. Terrible. We won't be back. :(
- WonderfulbillVIPDined on 8/9/2014We hada wonderful experience. The bruscietta was outstanding The prime roast was as godd as the much more expensive restuarants.The Caeaser salad was great plenty of anchovies. Wait staff terrific. A casual place that had great food and service plus reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib Feastgregg7924Dined on 8/3/2014Saw owner on TV, Phantom Gourmet. I have been looking for a great place for Prime Rib with a good a jus. I have not found one as good as King Arthurs Court in Miami Springs, FL, in the late 60's and early 70's. Franks Steak house with the a jus was very close to the best, but the meat itself could of been more tender, that being said the overall dish was very good and the dinner price was excellent. Even though it was a 1 1/2 hour drive from West Springfield, I would do it again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Quality food at a very reasonable price. Enjoyable old style atmosphere/ambient. Friendly mature staff.Special Features:
- ClosetChefVIPDined on 7/31/2014Tomahawk Delmonico for 2 is better than any fancy Boston steakhouse. Apps and sides are great as well. Prices are extremely reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 238 reviews are from the Frank's Steak House reviews archive.
- not so muchbcbbqDined on 7/28/2014very nice restaurant, the staff is very good and friendly. we ordered the rib eye stakes, mine rare and my guest was medium rare, with bake potato and butternut squash. my guest stake was rare and the bake potato for both of us were over cooked and seemed to have been kept in a warming pan. the butternut squash was overwhelmed by nutmeg. The waitresses, was spot on not giving up on make the dining experience a good thing. It is Franks policy to not have bad meal... they took off one stake and comp-ted a glass of wine. For us it was not a good nite in the kitchen. Ps why do stake houses use those serrated knives that saw the meat in stead of cutting the meat????
- Reasonable Prices!McdonowilVIPDined on 7/5/2014This place has great food at very reasonable prices. Nice crisp salads, great steaks and chops, with excellent fish and some Italian choices. Also, the bar pours a very good drink. If I lived closer, I'd be here all the time.Special Features:
- awesome prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014I been to a lot of places..Franks Prime Rib is out of this world...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time warpbillboDined on 6/17/2014An old style steak house with all the pluses and minuses. Nothing fancy just good food at good prices.Special Features:
- fabulous steak and good valuevictoriaDined on 6/15/2014Comfortable. Great prices super food. Luscious steak. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Dining with ups and downsKazz1120Dined on 6/14/2014This is not our first time at Frank's. It is a good place for good food with a lot of locals. It has it has it good days and not so goo days. This was not the best of days. The service was bit slow for us. Maybe because it was the day before father's day or that a bus tour had just left i dunno. We waited quite a bit in-between the appetizers and the main course to the point it was noticeable to all at the table. The food is very good and simple and classic and traditional. We will still wind up going back because the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food! Best steaks aroundCharlotteDined on 6/3/2014The steaks are outstanding! Even the nachos were amazing! Waitstaff is friendly and helpful. Consistently yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Place for FoodieslambkinVIPDined on 6/1/2014This was my first visit to Frank's Steak House. The steak was absolutely fantastic and cooked to perfection with plenty to take home. The clam chowder and Caesar salad was fantastic as well. I am already looking forward to returning.Special Features: