2526 Delsea Drive
Franklinville, NJ 08322Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.franklinvilleinn.com/
- Phone: 8566941577
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8566941577
A word from Franklinville Inn
The Franklinville Inn continues to delight patrons with innovative cuisine & exceptional service. With the emphasis on presenting only the freshest seasonal ingredients, skillfully prepared & inventively presented, The Franklinville Inn is the destination of choice for exceptional dining. The elegant design & warm interior create an inviting & intimate atmosphere for you & your guests. Whether you're part of a large group seeking a great place to enjoy an evening of superior cuisine or looking forward to an intimate dinner for two, The Franklinville Inn is certain to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Franklinville Inn - Best Restaurants in Franklinville ›
Franklinville Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)romantic (116)neighborhood gem (95)fit for foodies (79)good for groups (43)notable wine list (22)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (11)great for lunch (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Always a special treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The Franklinville Inn has consistently over many many years remained a very special experience. It is a little pricey, but worth every cent. We usually reserve our visits for special occasions. Last week I took my wonderful daughter for a wonderful 40th birthday dinner at Franklinville. Just the two of us. It was quiet and relaxing. We both groaned over the delicious food. Our waiter was oh so professional and pleasant. Next week my husband and I are going again with three couples from our neighborhood for a celebration of several birthdays. I can't wait! My favorite dishes are the crab cakes and the sweet potato casserole with cinnamon butter. Easily accessible from all South Jersey. This place is one you will be happy you tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime RibOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I have gotten the prime rib before, but this time the prime rib was very salty, to the point that I almost asked the server to take it back. I don't send food back so I ate it but it was very very salty and I like salt. I was disappointed to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!ruby711Dined on 10/11/2014The Franklinville Inn has the best food around the area. The waitstaff is so nice and always there when you need them. The desserts were also unbelievable!!Special Features:
- SteveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014I have eaten in the most expensive restaurants in the area ,particularly steak houses and me and my wife both agree this was the best stake we had in a long time also the soup,wedge and the crab cocktail were excellent. The cream brûlée was also at the top of our list. The price for this dinner was very affordable. I would highly recommend this restaurant. My wife and I will definitely be back. P.s. The service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Best In South JerseyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014The best filet mignon in south Jersey. Everything on the menu is delicious.Special Features:
- great2dineDined on 10/4/2014great service delicious food reasonable prices what more can I saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014Aweswome!!! Neighborhood gem!!! Wish the hours were more accommodating though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnchangedDisappointingVIPDined on 10/3/2014I've been to The Franklinville Inn many times and their menu remains UNCHANGED. Their dishes are great but it would be nice to see new items or specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gemgreatplace2dineDined on 10/3/2014From the moment I entered being greeted by the hostess, to the time I left, I couldn't have been more pleased with the hospitality of all the employees. The food was exquisite to say the least, so my compliments to the chef. Truly a wonderful atmosphere, and would "Highly" recommend the Franklinville Inn to anyone.Special Features:
- Oh Ribsrye0paDined on 10/2/2014Great food. I strive to make the ribs as good as this place. Everything was excellent. They are a little too quick on asking if you want pepper. I think that they should deliver your food, let me taste it and come back in 2 minutes and offer pepper. Overall I can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at the InnAjg2001Dined on 10/1/2014on a slow night, took awhile to get drinks from the waitress waited 20 minutes to be seated plenty open tables available maybe they were short handed that night , but could have said something crab dish was excellent first time to a resturaunte that offers 1 veg itemI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great renovation!SophiesmomDined on 9/30/2014We were pleasantly surprised with the newly renovated dining room with tall comfortable booths and great lighting! Have been coming for years and the room was in need of some updating. Our meals were all good and our waiter was very pleasant. Will visit again. Franklinville Inn is beautiful at Christmas.Special Features:
- Big taste in a small townNotmuchofameateaterDined on 9/30/2014Wow, never a disappointment. Polite service, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great ambiance and food. Somewhat pricey. Portions were small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedDwdaffyDined on 9/27/2014We go to the Franklinville Inn for special occasions and we've never been disappointed. The food and the service are consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willie M. RobinsonwillierobDined on 9/27/2014We drive from Delaware to dine at Franklinville and the drive is well worth it, the food is excellent and service is great. the best crab cake around and the salads are a meal in itself. We will be coming along time if Franklinville don't do like a lot of Restaurants start cost cutting and ruin the food.Special Features:
- Great FoodKfizDined on 9/25/2014We love The Franklinville Inn. It is our spot for special occasions. Every anniversary and birthday is spent there. Awesome service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Use to great, becoming so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2014This used to be one of my favorite restaurants - the food great, the service perfect, and the price fair. But as most things come to an end, I fear that Franklinville Inn has begun their decline. First, the menu prices have crept up. And up. AND UP. It's darn near impossible to get out of there for less than $50 or $60 a person when you have drinks, an entree, and dessert. Next - the service here really bugs me, and increasingly so. While the servers are efficient, they come off so trained, so robotic, that it's just laughable. Whoever owns Franklinville Inn and allows someone to train their servers (because they're all just alike) to be robots should be fired. Let's just say this is no longer a good value, or a great place,sadly.
- This Was A Good ChoiceSpamalopesDined on 9/20/2014I heard good things from various people about Franklinville Inn. Made reservations for wife's birthday dinner 60 days ahead. Glad I did. There were no empty tables. Sometimes you anticipate something so much it doesn't live up to expectations. Not in this case. The food & service were outstanding. The presentation of each food item was matched by their deliciousness. The chef's special fish soup was robust with flavor. My wife's filet mignon was tender. My broiled seafood combo was fantastic. The dessert tray had so many options and every one made our mouth water. My wife got creme brulee which they lit at the table. My tiramisu was enormous & awesome. Waitress was friendly & on the ball. Would definitely recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go!HW2000Dined on 9/19/2014The Franklinville Inn should be your destination when looking for fine dining at its best! The food is always consistently outstanding, the service from all workers impeccable, and your experience will be one that will encourage you to return again and again. From the moment you are graciously welcomed to the Inn, to your experienced waitstaff ready to meet your every need in spirit, food, and dessert requests, you are in for a delightful treat when visiting. The Franklinville Inn is amazing and a must-go-to destination for delicious dining!Special Features:
- goodeatin77Dined on 9/19/2014Service was "outstanding". Food was beyond belief. The salad wedge has to be the classic of all time. The portions were way, way more than we could eat. Prices are a little high, but its worth the trip. We really enjoyed the dining experience.Special Features:
- Not up to parJeri60Dined on 9/17/2014Dining experience was mixed. The soup, salad and my husband's prime rib was delicious! However, ny shrimp and scallops in lemon butter sauce had a strange taste and didn't sit well with me. The serve was a little slow and my potato was not very hot. The atmosphere is really nice. Will try it again though.
- Very good nightjwgenDined on 9/16/2014From the time we walked through the door I knew we were in for a good experience .server was very pleasant and knew the specials.wife had crab cakes fried,I had crab cake and filet done med rare that melted in your mouth.The crab cakes were nothing but crab and very good.We rate this dinner a solid tenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SJ GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014It was referred by a colleague and I have been anxious to find a nice restaurant close to home. It more than exceeded my expectations. Great staff and service and the food was phenomenal. I look forward to becoming a regular.Special Features:
- Great PlaceBigAlDined on 9/13/2014Having been going to the Franklinville Inn for over 20 years. I have never had a bad meal or bad service. The place is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two words: crab cakeshoochDined on 9/13/2014This is my go-to for a special occasion. Did not have a long wait this time, just long enough for one drink at the bar-perfect. The hostess knew who we were to seat us (she said that's part of her jobs, to remember faces) and seated us (my gentleman friend and I) in a more "remote" location, so that was nice. Sinatra and old-timey romantic music was perfect. Our server, David, was attentive. Bread was warm (maybe try a dipping oil?), salad was as expected. The crab cakes are nothing but crab and a little spices on top--what they should be, and delish. I've only had crab cakes here! My only complaint was the stuffed potato...seemed a little too "neat" and assembly-line looking, and a little salty. No dessert or coffee, we were too full.Special Features:
- bilkatDined on 9/13/2014We do not have to go to Philadelphia for an excellent meal. Franklinville is our favorite place to dine for special occasions. We love the food, atmosphere and the staff. Great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- conkarDined on 9/12/2014very poor meal. we hughly disappointed. It's always been a good experience for us, but not this time.Special Features:
- Nick321Nick321Dined on 9/11/2014Simply one word " Excellent "Special Features:
- ExcellentClassActDined on 9/11/2014The entire experience was Excellent. The food was outstanding, the service and staff the very best. No wonder it is my choice for the very best in our area. The entire visit was so looked forward to and, as always, a very memorable experince. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great Food, Great Atmosphere, etcrayzeeDined on 9/9/2014Outstanding food, Outstanding ambiance, Outstanding service. A wonderful place to take that special person in your life whether it be a special occasion or just any time. Also a wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion with friends. I can't say enough about the food.Special Features:
- Very Good!LJZDDined on 9/6/2014We have been going to the franklinville Inn for over 20 years and it never fails to delight us. We love how they deliver freshly baked bread to the table shortly after they take your order. The house salad is always fresh and nicely arranged. The petite filet is cooked to perfection and the stuffed potato is the best!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Excellent food excellent service one of my favorite restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The Franklinville Inn is a favorite dinning spot. Great food, service and professional staff. Pleasant night out .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and seafood restaurantMMKTVIPDined on 8/29/2014Franklinville Inn is a great steak and seafood restaurant. Their prime rib is my favorite - you can order a 32oz or even a 64oz prime rib, that is always tender and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasant experience!mercier5Dined on 8/29/2014We have been going to Franklinville Inn for many years. The food is always top notch, the specialty cocktails are fabulous, and the staff is always professional and polite! We have never had a bad experience. From a 25th wedding anniversary to a get-together with good friends, Franklinville Inn is the perfect place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timersladydi2Dined on 8/29/2014we were very happy to take two guests with us who have never ate at the inn even though they lived local for the last 75+ years. they said their crab cakes were outstanding and the service was great.Special Features:
- The BestluvgoodfoodDined on 8/28/2014The whole experience from start to finish just kept getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food as always!EagleEye1Dined on 8/28/2014We go every year to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary, and we are never dissapointed. Since it is a little pricey, we only go once or twice a year. We plan on going again around the Holidays with our Children and their Spouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delious dinner!reneeVIPDined on 8/28/2014We have always been pleased with our dinners at the Franklinville Inn. We were seated promptly and graciously waited on by a very attentive waitress. There is a bar where you can sip on cocktails if you desire, but we opted for a reasonably priced bottle of wine at our table. You can't go wrong with the beef. We ordered the fillet and or New York Strip. My husband ordered the soup, seafood bisque which was excellent, and I opted for the salad which was loaded with all sorts of fresh vegetables. And of course the baked stuffed potato--the best I've ever eaten. We were too full for desert. We plan on returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.