2526 Delsea Drive
Franklinville, NJ 08322Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.franklinvilleinn.com/
- Phone: 8566941577
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8566941577
A word from Franklinville Inn
The Franklinville Inn continues to delight patrons with innovative cuisine & exceptional service. With the emphasis on presenting only the freshest seasonal ingredients, skillfully prepared & inventively presented, The Franklinville Inn is the destination of choice for exceptional dining. The elegant design & warm interior create an inviting & intimate atmosphere for you & your guests. Whether you're part of a large group seeking a great place to enjoy an evening of superior cuisine or looking forward to an intimate dinner for two, The Franklinville Inn is certain to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Franklinville Inn - Best Restaurants in Franklinville ›
Franklinville Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (189)romantic (132)neighborhood gem (105)fit for foodies (79)good for groups (45)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)great for lunch (8)scenic view (7)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Having been going to the Franklinville Inn for over 20 years. I have never had a bad meal or bad service. The place is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two words: crab cakesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014This is my go-to for a special occasion. Did not have a long wait this time, just long enough for one drink at the bar-perfect. The hostess knew who we were to seat us (she said that's part of her jobs, to remember faces) and seated us (my gentleman friend and I) in a more "remote" location, so that was nice. Sinatra and old-timey romantic music was perfect. Our server, David, was attentive. Bread was warm (maybe try a dipping oil?), salad was as expected. The crab cakes are nothing but crab and a little spices on top--what they should be, and delish. I've only had crab cakes here! My only complaint was the stuffed potato...seemed a little too "neat" and assembly-line looking, and a little salty. No dessert or coffee, we were too full.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014We do not have to go to Philadelphia for an excellent meal. Franklinville is our favorite place to dine for special occasions. We love the food, atmosphere and the staff. Great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nick321Nick321Dined on 9/11/2014Simply one word " Excellent "Special Features:
- ExcellentClassActDined on 9/11/2014The entire experience was Excellent. The food was outstanding, the service and staff the very best. No wonder it is my choice for the very best in our area. The entire visit was so looked forward to and, as always, a very memorable experince. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great Food, Great Atmosphere, etcrayzeeDined on 9/9/2014Outstanding food, Outstanding ambiance, Outstanding service. A wonderful place to take that special person in your life whether it be a special occasion or just any time. Also a wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion with friends. I can't say enough about the food.Special Features:
- Very Good!LJZDDined on 9/6/2014We have been going to the franklinville Inn for over 20 years and it never fails to delight us. We love how they deliver freshly baked bread to the table shortly after they take your order. The house salad is always fresh and nicely arranged. The petite filet is cooked to perfection and the stuffed potato is the best!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Excellent food excellent service one of my favorite restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The Franklinville Inn is a favorite dinning spot. Great food, service and professional staff. Pleasant night out .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and seafood restaurantMMKTVIPDined on 8/29/2014Franklinville Inn is a great steak and seafood restaurant. Their prime rib is my favorite - you can order a 32oz or even a 64oz prime rib, that is always tender and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasant experience!mercier5Dined on 8/29/2014We have been going to Franklinville Inn for many years. The food is always top notch, the specialty cocktails are fabulous, and the staff is always professional and polite! We have never had a bad experience. From a 25th wedding anniversary to a get-together with good friends, Franklinville Inn is the perfect place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timersladydi2Dined on 8/29/2014we were very happy to take two guests with us who have never ate at the inn even though they lived local for the last 75+ years. they said their crab cakes were outstanding and the service was great.Special Features:
- The BestluvgoodfoodDined on 8/28/2014The whole experience from start to finish just kept getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food as always!EagleEye1Dined on 8/28/2014We go every year to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary, and we are never dissapointed. Since it is a little pricey, we only go once or twice a year. We plan on going again around the Holidays with our Children and their Spouses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delious dinner!reneeVIPDined on 8/28/2014We have always been pleased with our dinners at the Franklinville Inn. We were seated promptly and graciously waited on by a very attentive waitress. There is a bar where you can sip on cocktails if you desire, but we opted for a reasonably priced bottle of wine at our table. You can't go wrong with the beef. We ordered the fillet and or New York Strip. My husband ordered the soup, seafood bisque which was excellent, and I opted for the salad which was loaded with all sorts of fresh vegetables. And of course the baked stuffed potato--the best I've ever eaten. We were too full for desert. We plan on returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Franklinville InnilovetheinnDined on 8/23/2014The Franklinville Inn is a definite MUST DO!! Everytime we dine here, it is a fantastic experience. From appetizers to dessert, this is a fabulous restaurant!! They offer a decent wine list. From the minute you step in the door, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Have been going to franklinville inn for years weather it is for dinner or to sit at bar and get sandwiches it has always been great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to for special celebrationsJayRDined on 8/22/2014This atmospheric and historic inn lacks a scenic view, but with the always delicious food and charming vintage style touches, there's no reason to look outside anyway. The restaurant does not go in for cuisine du jour trends, although chef specials are creative and well thought out. And delicious. Can't say that enough. From salad (wonderful Caesar!) to dessert (cannot get better key lime pie) your palate is treated to excellence. Consistently. This place is consistently good and prices are on par or less with other upscale/excellent venues. Try the babyback ribs. They are sooo tender and tasty we brag about them to friends. Champagne cocktail was perfect! Though very busy, our waitress made us feel special. Wish we could go every week!Special Features:
- GlowDined on 8/22/2014First time at Franklinville and we were very impressed; from the receptionist to the waitress. They were very friendly and professional. The ambiance was so relaxing and loved the background music. Plan to come againSpecial Features:
- Can't wait to go backGborotedDined on 8/22/2014From the second we walked in we were welcomed with delight! Once seated we were pleasantly greeted by our waiter and giving the specials. Everything about the place was efficient! Can't waitron make our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/21/2014Great meal. Service was great from the bar to the meal.Special Features:
- Always excellent!origcynDined on 8/20/2014All choices on the menue are fabulous..you can't go wrong here! Great service, immaculate, cozy setting! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Birthday with the GirlZBirthdayGirlZDined on 8/19/2014My girls and I recently celebrated our birthdays with a dinner at Franklinville Inn. We had an amazing dinner and a very attentive waitress. We enjoyed the company of good friends, good spirits from the bar and fine food from the kitchen. Thank you for making the evening so special.Special Features:
- ELEGANT DININGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Franklinville Inn is a combination of great atmosphere, service and most of all delicious food served at a very fair price. Wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion or relax and regroup with your significant other or good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DinnersBunnyBeeDined on 8/16/2014This is a favorite place for my husband and I to dine at. We are never dissatisfied. The service is excellent, and the food is always delicious. We always come here to celebrate special moments.Special Features:
- Outstanding mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating my friend's birthday. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we are going back again in October. Our waitress Gina was a doll. We will be requesting her again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bdaygirlDined on 8/16/2014Excellent service with good food and lovely atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great service/fooddeezDined on 8/16/2014Our experience at Franklinville Inn was excellent. The food was delicious and prepared to perfection. Our server, Jamilla, was outstanding. She was pleasant, friendly and above all, knowledgeable. Noise level was a bit much. Large party behind us was using foul language and generally disruptive, but that is to be expected in close quarters. We will return to enjoy a great experience again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceNraielloDined on 8/15/2014The Franklinville Inn is a quaint old place in the middle of nowhere. The food is very good and the service was outstanding. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Can't get any bettereatoutqueenDined on 8/14/2014We have been to the Franklinville Inn many times and you can always count on good food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Great food and a wonderful staffSlvrscoobieDined on 8/13/2014I love this place! They are so attentive and helpful, very classy, and the food is just amazing everytime! Try the Filet - its the best!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014Overall, the food was good but disappointed in the stuffed potatoes...tasted like instant mashed potatoes were used :(
- Delicious!3littlepiggiesDined on 8/13/2014We were a group of 4 ladies. Everything was wonderful from food to service! Will return again soon!Special Features:
- Great dinner experienceLynneDined on 8/12/2014This was an overall perfect dining experience. The table had a window view and it was raining so absolutely perfect setting. The hostess seated us immediately. The waitress was very helpful in recommendations of entree selections. She was attentive but not overly bothersome. We did not feel rushed at all!Special Features:
- BEST IN AREA/ANY AREAIncomparableDined on 8/12/2014Franklinville, NJ is not exactly a town you'd expect to find FINE DINING but the Franklinville Inn offers that in every sense of such an experience. The food, appetizers and salad all the way through coffee and dessert are as perfect as any place I've ever dined in a lifetime. The ambiance is dim and romantic with a colonial charm reminiscent of a Boston Pub for gathering over mugs of ale to the best of any special occasion. Cost is worth every penny. Wine we ordered turned out to be the best in its category we have yet to taste. Franklinville, Inn is the "polished diamond amongst the sand, sandstone and swamp mud" of South Jersey.Special Features:
- Great food great service!simeon1835Dined on 8/12/2014This hidden jewel does not disappoint. They greet you warmly at the door when you arrive and go out of their way to make sure you have a personalized and extraordinary experience. The bar area is warm and cozy and a great way to start the evening.Special Features:
- eatgoodathomeDined on 8/8/2014Good service. Best to have reservations. Prompt and alternative hostesses and waitresses. Tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1happyfoodieDined on 8/8/2014We loved it, great way to enjoy any special occasion, or any not so special day.Special Features:
- Hidden Treasure!!!TwpguyDined on 8/7/2014This place is the real deal! I have dined in some of the finest restaurants in New Jersey and I can say with a doubt, that this place is Five Stars. The entire staff is professional and top notch. Now, let's talk about the prices.... I have never seen prices so low for the quality of food you receive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We were very pleased with everything,very professionally handled.I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to do the on line reservations,and it all worked out perfectly. Great food,wait staff excellent a great all around experience and I would recommend it and I will do it again.Special Features: