2526 Delsea Drive
Franklinville, NJ 08322Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.franklinvilleinn.com/
- Phone: (856) 694-1577
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 8566941577
A word from Franklinville Inn
The Franklinville Inn continues to delight patrons with innovative cuisine & exceptional service. With the emphasis on presenting only the freshest seasonal ingredients, skillfully prepared & inventively presented, The Franklinville Inn is the destination of choice for exceptional dining. The elegant design & warm interior create an inviting & intimate atmosphere for you & your guests. Whether you're part of a large group seeking a great place to enjoy an evening of superior cuisine or looking forward to an intimate dinner for two, The Franklinville Inn is certain to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Franklinville Inn - Best Restaurants in Franklinville ›
Franklinville Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (174)romantic (129)neighborhood gem (104)fit for foodies (90)good for groups (45)notable wine list (26)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (14)scenic view (10)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014I typically love the relaxed feel here, but my last visit I experienced a rather unpleasant event. I asked to speak to management about the inappropriate conversation at a table nearby that I was highly offended by. Unfortunately, the manager choose to move our seats, though we did nothing wrong. After my fiancé called the manager back over and asked why we were moved ad if they had planned on speaking to the table about their behavior she apologized and said she though I wanted to move. I don't feel I should have been the one punished for their rude behavior and remarks. Management did offer us dessert on the house as an apology, but I am still so mad that this was mishandled. The y should have been asked to leave for what they were saying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home Run!JDTDiningoutDined on 11/15/2014Excellent food and service. Filet Tips Oscar was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fabulous!!FranklinvilleDined on 11/14/2014Had a wonderful dining experience at the Franklinville Inn. This restaurant is truely excellent from the food, service and atmosphere. I could not asked for more and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysSlvrscoobieDined on 11/12/2014Love this place, brought our friends for their first time. They loved the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and atmosphereNJdinetDined on 11/8/2014great place to have an enjoyable dinner and catch up with friends with few interuptions/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/5/2014This restaurant is outstanding is every way. Service, gourmet food and great taste. Many of the menu items are among the best that I have tasted. Best Crab Bisque! Best Caesars Salad. Outstanding entries!!Special Features:
- hidden treasurejackDined on 11/5/2014Food and service is excellent. ... Rob is an excellent waiter, the best I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Greatluv2dineDined on 11/5/2014We always have a great experience at Franklinville Inn. We have been going for years and buy gift certificates for family and friends. The service is impeccable and the food always arrives piping hot. Our favorites are the prime rib, crab cakes and salmon. The desserts are very large portions and always delicious. Wine specials by the glass are always good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodFirstTimerDined on 11/4/2014this was my first time going the the Franklinville Inn....i heard from a friend that it was very good. Everything was definitely good, but I wouldn't say it was anything to really rave about, plus it's definitely not cheap. The service was very good, however my entree came out only a couple minutes after I got my appetizer, so that felt a bit rushed. Overall, im not knocking the place, like i said it's definitely good, absolutely worth a try....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the FranklinvilleAMK1Dined on 11/4/2014We've always considered this restaurant to be a gem. The food is wonderful, service is great and ambience is simple, relaxed and friendly. The food is always outstanding although this last meal I enjoyed had a bit too much salt. That being said, 9.5 times out of 10, the food is fresh, tasty and reasonably priced for all the food you're served. The ribs and crab cakes are both outstanding, filet was perfectly cooked and desserts were well presented and delicious. The cream of asparagus soup sat under the heat lamp a bit too long, creating a thin film on top but we forgive the staff since the hot bread that's served is a perfect accompaniment. We'll be sure to request Jeffrey as our server when we return, as his service is always top notch.Special Features:
- abbey1Dined on 11/4/2014My wife and I are making it a habit to go to the Franklinville Inn for our anniversary. Everything is done with a touch of elegance and personal touch. BUT: make sure when you do have the apple pie dessert order just one. It was HUGE and OUTSTANDING ! Thanks to the entire staff at the Inn. A wonderful place to eat & relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of a kindhungerymanDined on 11/4/2014The Franklinville Inn is a one of a kind dining experience the food and staff excellent! you won't find another place like this satisfacation is top priority they have this down to a science. everything they make is to perfection. there is something on the menu for everyone and made to your likings. the inn is truely a five star restaurant!Special Features:
- AWESOMEDFunDined on 11/4/2014I have been to the Franklinville Inn numerous times and I have NEVER had a bad meal. The food is DELICIOUS!!!! Excellent service :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Online ReservationsHappyEaterDined on 11/4/2014The online reservation feature is very convenient. The problem with it we didn't discover until we arrived and were eating. We wanted a 5:30 reservation but the reservation app would not let us have that time. Logically we thought that time must be booked. We arrived for our 4:45 reservation and we were the only people in the place. We finished around 6:00 and approximately 6 groups came in and sat in various places, no one near each other. We would have had no problem getting a table at 5:30. Next time we will wait to get a live person by phone.Special Features:
- reservationsPTpoppopDined on 11/1/2014reservations for 6, didn't get seated until 6:30, I think that is a little too long.Special Features:
- A GEM AND CRAB BISQUEBARBIEDined on 11/1/2014SEVERAL YEARS AGO OUR CHILDREN GRACED US W/A GIFT CERT. TO "THE FRANKLINVILLE INN".. IT WAS A CHRISTMAS GIFT, AND FROM THAT FIRST HOLIDAY VISIT WE KNEW THIS "GEM" WOULD BE OUR SELECTION FOR "SPECIAL-OCCASION-DINING".. THE SEVERAL DINNING ROOMS, LARGE BAR AREA, AND AN EXCELLENT STAFF, COMBINED W/SOFT LIGHTING, CRACKLING FIREPLACE (IN SEASON), AND THE BEST CRAB BISQUE, STEAK AND/OR SEAFOOD IN T/AREA GIVES IT MY 5+ STAR RATING.. WE'VE INTRODUCED THE INN TO SEVERAL OTHER COUPLES AND ALWAYS, BUT ALWAYS ATTEND W/ONE OR MORE FOR AN EXCELLENT EVENING OF FINE DINING.......Special Features:
- 5 star experience.Beerman60Dined on 11/1/2014Best experience I've ever had at any restaurant in my life. Celebrated my anniversary there. Told them in advance it was my anniversary and requested champagne be at the table when I arrived. When we arrived we were treated like royalty. The hostesses and the waiter all wished us a happy anniversary, champagne was waiting for us at the table as requested. Food was great! Service was great. I certainly won't wait for my anniversary to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Always Outstanding!!! Food is always prepared very well and very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!MichaelDined on 10/28/2014We love to come for special occasions, and this time our dining experience was as memorable as ever. The food was delicious and the service was perfect! Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stop. never a bad meal.oldguy1VIPDined on 10/25/2014Enjoy every visit to the inn good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We have been going for our Anniversary for the past 3 years. Each year it has been wonderful. The food is always great and the staff is always pleasant.Special Features:
- Always outstandingkingfoodDined on 10/25/2014As usual, the Franklinville Inn was outstanding. The food, service, and ambiance is always first rate. We have been going there for twenty years, and it has never disappointed, always outstanding.Special Features:
- Franklinville Fantastic InnCfoodloverDined on 10/25/2014After hearing many positive reviews, decided to give it a try for a 'birthday celebration'. We were more than impressed, from the hostess who greeted us how we were seated and the awesome waiter who was personable and knowledgeable! The food - to die for. I have never had crab the way this restaurant serves it! Lump crab cocktail was generous and succulent! Our meal was accompanied by a fine Malbec - nicely priced at $6.99 for a generous portion! This is now our favorite restaurant - even after frequenting The Chop House and Cafe Lamberti. We had the stuffed flounder and encrusted Salmon, we are going to try the aged steaks next visit! Oh, and dessert! Perfect!Special Features:
- jb2014Dined on 10/18/2014I would rate this restaurant as one of the top in Gloucester County.Special Features:
- Great Dinning PlaceJimboDined on 10/18/2014We go here once twice a year and never had a bad meal love this placeSpecial Features:
- ustwoDined on 10/18/2014the Franklinville Inn has always been my go to place for special times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBoss113Dined on 10/18/2014I will be back soon. I forgot about this place.......No moreSpecial Features:
- Always a special treat!ay2kbugDined on 10/17/2014The Franklinville Inn has consistently over many many years remained a very special experience. It is a little pricey, but worth every cent. We usually reserve our visits for special occasions. Last week I took my wonderful daughter for a wonderful 40th birthday dinner at Franklinville. Just the two of us. It was quiet and relaxing. We both groaned over the delicious food. Our waiter was oh so professional and pleasant. Next week my husband and I are going again with three couples from our neighborhood for a celebration of several birthdays. I can't wait! My favorite dishes are the crab cakes and the sweet potato casserole with cinnamon butter. Easily accessible from all South Jersey. This place is one you will be happy you tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Ribds66Dined on 10/17/2014I have gotten the prime rib before, but this time the prime rib was very salty, to the point that I almost asked the server to take it back. I don't send food back so I ate it but it was very very salty and I like salt. I was disappointed to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!ruby711Dined on 10/11/2014The Franklinville Inn has the best food around the area. The waitstaff is so nice and always there when you need them. The desserts were also unbelievable!!Special Features:
- SteveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014I have eaten in the most expensive restaurants in the area ,particularly steak houses and me and my wife both agree this was the best stake we had in a long time also the soup,wedge and the crab cocktail were excellent. The cream brûlée was also at the top of our list. The price for this dinner was very affordable. I would highly recommend this restaurant. My wife and I will definitely be back. P.s. The service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Best In South JerseyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014The best filet mignon in south Jersey. Everything on the menu is delicious.Special Features:
- great2dineDined on 10/4/2014great service delicious food reasonable prices what more can I saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014Aweswome!!! Neighborhood gem!!! Wish the hours were more accommodating though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnchangedDisappointingVIPDined on 10/3/2014I've been to The Franklinville Inn many times and their menu remains UNCHANGED. Their dishes are great but it would be nice to see new items or specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gemgreatplace2dineDined on 10/3/2014From the moment I entered being greeted by the hostess, to the time I left, I couldn't have been more pleased with the hospitality of all the employees. The food was exquisite to say the least, so my compliments to the chef. Truly a wonderful atmosphere, and would "Highly" recommend the Franklinville Inn to anyone.Special Features:
- Oh Ribsrye0paDined on 10/2/2014Great food. I strive to make the ribs as good as this place. Everything was excellent. They are a little too quick on asking if you want pepper. I think that they should deliver your food, let me taste it and come back in 2 minutes and offer pepper. Overall I can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at the InnAjg2001Dined on 10/1/2014on a slow night, took awhile to get drinks from the waitress waited 20 minutes to be seated plenty open tables available maybe they were short handed that night , but could have said something crab dish was excellent first time to a resturaunte that offers 1 veg itemI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great renovation!SophiesmomDined on 9/30/2014We were pleasantly surprised with the newly renovated dining room with tall comfortable booths and great lighting! Have been coming for years and the room was in need of some updating. Our meals were all good and our waiter was very pleasant. Will visit again. Franklinville Inn is beautiful at Christmas.Special Features:
- Big taste in a small townNotmuchofameateaterDined on 9/30/2014Wow, never a disappointment. Polite service, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.