9501 West 171st Street
Tinley Park, IL 60477Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frankiesristorante.com/
- Phone: (708) 226-6996
- Hours of Operation:
CHRISTMAS EVE 4PM-8:30PM
NEW YEAR'S EVE 4PM- 9:30PM
CLOSED ON CHRISTMAS DAY & NEW YEAR'S DAY
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Gaetano Calandrini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Old World decor, authentic Italian cuisine and impeccable service make Frankie"s Ristorante an excellent choice for your upcoming special occasion. We believe food and celebration go hand in hand. We will put all our expertise to work for you to make your event remarkable.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Santoro 7082266996x
- Entertainment: First Wednesday of the Month
Last Thursday of the Month
A word from Frankie's Ristorante
The Santoro Family has been in the food service industry since 1988 through Frankie’s Beef & Pasta in Oak Lawn and Frankie’s Catering and are now excited to introduce Frankie’s Ristorante. From our robust Tuscan style Pork Chops to our homemade ricotta dumplings in a divine light tomato basil sauce to our decadent imported Italian desserts, we strive for perfection in our kitchen and have raised the bar high for our service standards. Our customers are guests in the Santoro Family’s home and our purpose is not only to make them feel wined and dined but also pampered. Our chef - born, raised and schooled in his homeland of Italy and with experience in some of the most renowned fine dining establishments in the US and Europe, has found his passion in life in cooking and has brought this passion to each one of his dishes. He maintains a consistent authenticity which has won us rave reviews in the local news media as well as a following among our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Frankie's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Tinley Park ›
Frankie's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)romantic (39)special occasion (38)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (24)notable wine list (19)great for outdoor dining (10)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always Wonderful.Lg790VIPDined on 11/25/2014Even on a Tuesday night this place was hopping. The owners and staff are gracious and always makes us feel like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & ServiceFoodVIPDined on 11/21/2014This was our first time here & everything was fantastic! We started with grilled octopus & it was tender & crispy. I had the pheasant special & my wife the chestnut ravioli, both wonderful! Our server Travis was very nice & attentive. We met Frankie, the owner. He was so nice & welcoming, but I noticed not only with us but other tables also. Feels homey & comfortable. Can't waiy to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSouthRNBellDined on 11/15/2014My second time to this restaurant. The first time was amazing, I thought I had found a neighborhood gem. Returned about a year later to celebrate our anniversary, we wanted something simple yet romantic. We had to wait about 15min for our table despite making reservations. No big deal. But we were so disappointed in the food. I ordered pasta with shrimp/Asparagus/artichokes. I honestly counted 5 shrimp, a few artichoke hearts and the the asparagus was all the ends. Yuck! My husband was not impressed with his chicken dish. Maybe the cook just had an off day. We won't be returning.
- Frankie's is becoming one of our favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014The food is always great, there is a nice wine list, and the wait staff is always attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014This was our first time to Frankie's. We were recommended by a friend. The food was awesome. Fresh flavorful pasta. A great wine list. Perfect ambiance to catch up with family. Our server was very knowledgeable and patient with our questions. We will be back to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best South side Italian restaurantAppsDined on 11/12/2014Frankie's Ristorante located in Tinley Park is our favorite restaurant in the south suburbs. The menu features Italian dishes that are all fantastic. Make sure to go on a Wednesday night for the two for one pasta specials!! What a deal! They also have specials each night that offer delicious seafood selections. Frankie is on hand to make sure all is well with all of the customers. Along with Frankie, his sister and father are there to greet customers making us feel like family. The servers are all friendly and good at what they do. Overall it is a great night out when we visit Frankie's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemBobKVIPDined on 11/7/2014Friendly atmosphere with great food - makes you feel like your among familySpecial Features:
- best in the south suburbsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/6/2014The food was wonderful. All pasta is house made. Frankie the owner is a warm and friendly man.and truly sets the tone for the restaurant. Its a must go on the south side!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite restaurantNickiVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food is always wonderful & the family atmosphere even better. Anna is an incredible server.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's good!CarlPoppaDined on 11/5/2014Went here with my fiance recently and we enjoyed it very much. The only slight complaint we had was the salad dressing. It wasn't very notable or noticeable on the salad. Everything else was fantastic.Special Features:
- Italian done rightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014The perfect blend of old world Italian and modern pallets. Our dining experience satisfied everyone from my traditional nana and mother, to the refined culinary expectations of me and my wife. It had the rustic feel, complete with informative and friendly staff. Everyone was spot on with their roles, and the service was just top notch. A surprisingly great Italian dinner.Special Features:
- Frankie'sWonkiestitchesDined on 10/18/2014Frankie's restaurant was such a pleasant surprise. Wonderfully created and cooked everything sampled was delicious will definitely be returning to Frankie's in the near futureSpecial Features:
- excellentvickieDined on 10/8/2014Brought friend for his first time and he was impressed. Loved the salmon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian gemRKvHDined on 10/7/2014We found Frankie's through Open Table. The reviewers liked it, and we did as well. We actually went back to Frankie's the following day, and had exactly the same pleasant experience. The wait staff were extremely friendly and helpful, letting us know that if we wanted something not on the menu, the chef would be happy to make it for us. One of us took the chef up on the order, ask for a simple pasta dish with grilled salmon, and raved about how good the salmon was. He also liked the rest of the dish. The wine list was decent, and the prices were reasonable compared to a liquor store. I have the rigatoni with vodka sauce the first night, and it was excellent. The appetizers we had were good, especially the calamari. I would recommend FrankieSpecial Features:
- Delicious foodKbgoDined on 10/3/2014We went for my husbands birthday and we were very impressed with the service and the food. I had a fish special and it was outstanding! Our server was attentive and sweet. We will definitely be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jen VNikosmomDined on 10/3/2014Ambience was nice but the food was not good. Vodka sauce was very bland and seemed like it came from a jar. The meatballs and gnocchi tasted and appeared like they came out of a bag from the frozen section of the grocery store.
- Business DinnerGLM1Dined on 10/1/2014I was in town at the Tinley Park Convention for a tradeshow/convention and was entertaining a client - with the owner of my business in from Kansas City, MO. I read the YELP reviews and made a reservation from the reviews. The manager of the restaurant was very welcoming. I liked that the restaurant space was more intimate with not being to large and lighting. Our server was great. The three of us, enjoyed cocktails, appetizers, dinner, great wine, and dessert. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional, as alwaysNickiVIPDined on 9/30/2014I will continue to come back & always bring friends to share the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!PaulaDined on 9/27/2014We've dined at Frankie's many times. Service by Jasmin was 10 stars as usual. I ordered the special short rib risotto; it was heavenly! My friend had a taste and she loved it too. Friend had the pappardelle with black trufﬂe cream sauce and shiitake mushrooms (I had this dish last time and she loved it). Something was off; the seasoning was bland. When the owner came by to ask how everything was (the owners do this regularly), she mentioned the dish was bland. He mentioned the regular chef was delayed getting to work and someone else had prepared her pasta. He offered to make her a new dish even though she had consumed half of the first one - now that's service! Frankie's never lacks in service and outstanding food!Special Features:
- Our New Favorite Italian RistoranteChristieDined on 9/26/2014So happy we found this place! We came because of the reviews on opentable and they could not be more spot on. The food was incredible and our service could not have been better. We were impressed with how the family who owns this establishment made this experience so personal and intimate. A very romantic setting for a date! Definitely coming again and may have to order the gniocci with vodka sauce per our waitresses's suggestion. It was like I was eating delicious little ricotta stuffed pillows :) recommend the cherry gelato for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always... INCREDIBLEBillykDined on 9/20/2014I have only ordered off he menu several times. The chef specials are just unbelievable and hard to turn down. This is simply the BEST Italian restaurant in the area. The atmosphere and service are top notch and their pasta is mouth watering! We continue to make this our date night spot. Make a reservation!Special Features:
- TinaB1Dined on 9/19/2014We had a wonderful dinner on a Friday night around 8:00. The staff is warm and welcoming and you really feel you are part of a big Italian family having dinner at Frankie's! The music is wonderful and the food is outstanding! My husband and I both had the seafood risotto and the flourless chocolate cake for dessert. So delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!CJ12Dined on 9/19/2014Always fantastic food with superb service. Frankie's treats you like family every time you go there even if it's not for a few months. They know what a good restaurant should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantluvitalianfoodDined on 9/12/2014Loved the food and pi not noir that we had for $14 which was 2 glasses. Only complaint was no booths. I prefer in order to have a conversation with another couple. Waiter forgot our appetizer and one salad, but made it up to us when he brought us dessert for forgetting part of our meal. I had the ravioli and short ribs in brown sauce and it was soooo delicious. Waiter also brought each of us a shot that was strong but was ice cold. Ladies behind the bar super nice and gave me a drink that was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceFoodVIPDined on 9/10/2014We stumbled upon this place while in the area for a concert, & boy did we luck out! Everything from the food to the service was fabulous. We met the owner, Frankie himself who was chatting with the tables & came around to ours. He was very welcoming & kind, you don't usually see an owner walking around & talking to patrons. Seems like they have a lot of regulars. We will be back the next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulFireflyDined on 9/4/2014First time at Frankie's! I can say it is one of the nicer restraunts I've been to. The portions are plentifle and the staff is kind and helpful! What more could you want! We had food and drinks recommended for us and it didn't dissapoint. Im planning in heading over there again very soon. The lighting is also nice, sets the mood. You looking for Italian! Bam right here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GentleDined on 8/30/2014Had the salmon, and pear, almond, and cheese salad. Salad was fresh and perfectly balanced. Salmon melted in mouth. Was excellent!Special Features:
- Great food, attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014All our entrees and appetizers were delicious. The server was friendly and had nice recommendations when we asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great timeTriestoeatwellDined on 8/22/2014Great staff and personable owner. Jamie's delightful personality went over well with our 2 boys. She knew the menu very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to place!FoodVIPDined on 8/22/2014We dine at Frankie's regularly & I have to say EVERY meal we have had is always delicious. The restaurant is always seasonally decorated & the service is always great! Frankie is such a gracious host & always make sure everyone's expierence is a great one. We will always return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!FoodVIPDined on 8/13/2014Wow! I must say going to a restaurant in a strip mall always makes me nervous, but boy was I wrong about this place. I happened to find this place through a friend & I'm glad she recommended it. The restaurant is beautifully decorated inside & outside with their flowers. The food & service was impeccable! The best grilled octopus & vodka sauce I've ever had. We met Frankie the owner, & what a nice gentleman. We can't wait to go back with more friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJeanNDined on 8/3/2014This is a great restaurant! Our waitress was gracious, lovely in her presentation, and helpful. The food was delicious and the ambiance was lovely and warm! I can't say enough about this restaurant. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown quality in Tinley ParkFoodVIPDined on 7/31/2014This was our first time here through recommendations from friends. We were kindly greeted at the door by which we found out later it was Frankie himself. We started out with the grilled octopus for an app which was so tender & flavorful. I had the halibut & my wife the frutti Di mare. They both were EXCELLENT! We had the Creme brûlée for dessert which was excellent. Our server Debbie was excellent. Frankie brought us his limoncello & made sure our expierence was a great one & it was. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 565 reviews are from the Frankie's Ristorante reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Great place to go for good food in the Tinley Park area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big disappointmentTonyDined on 7/24/2014Service was outstanding. Unfortunately, that was the highlight. Pork chop was cooked well passed its time and my wife's pasta entree wouldn't qualify for an appetizer if size was the criterion.Special Features:
- Very goodFoodVIPDined on 7/22/2014We all thoroughly enjoyed all are meals. The waiter was great & as well the bartender. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Still a FanthepointcollectorVIPDined on 7/20/2014We ordered a calamari appetizer that was on special and the regular fried calamari came out. The server seemed confused and didn't seem to want to take the blame for the miscommunication so we let it go. Unfortunately the fried calamari wasn't hardly touched which also went unnoticed. The server simply brought us a box and then scraped what was left of the marinara sauce into a to-go cup. One of the people in our party wasn't going to eat but made a joke about picking at my food. The server took that as splitting the order and then charged us at additional $2.50. When the split order came out, it wasn't nearly as plentiful as when it's a single order. Like I said, great place but normally the service is a lot more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tuscan GemDeboDined on 7/19/2014The papardelle with mushrooms is one of my favorite pasta dishes! Also, the homemade limoncello is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014just ok.. tables of jammed... bar set up not too good either..
- Wonderful Neighborhood RestaurantNancyVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food & service always very good. The Decor is nice inside & they have a gorgeous patio set up outside. They have a nice wine list. The food is always delicious but we noticed that the portions are rather small for the price. We will return though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.