9501 West 171st Street
Tinley Park, IL 60477Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frankiesristorante.com/
- Phone: 7082266996x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Gaetano Calandrini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Old World decor, authentic Italian cuisine and impeccable service make Frankie"s Ristorante an excellent choice for your upcoming special occasion. We believe food and celebration go hand in hand. We will put all our expertise to work for you to make your event remarkable.
- Private Party Contact: Dessi Dimitrova 7082266996x
- Entertainment: First Wednesday of the Month
Last Thursday of the Month
A word from Frankie's Ristorante
The Santoro Family has been in the food service industry since 1988 through Frankie’s Beef & Pasta in Oak Lawn and Frankie’s Catering and are now excited to introduce Frankie’s Ristorante. From our robust Tuscan style Pork Chops to our homemade ricotta dumplings in a divine light tomato basil sauce to our decadent imported Italian desserts, we strive for perfection in our kitchen and have raised the bar high for our service standards. Our customers are guests in the Santoro Family’s home and our purpose is not only to make them feel wined and dined but also pampered. Our chef - born, raised and schooled in his homeland of Italy and with experience in some of the most renowned fine dining establishments in the US and Europe, has found his passion in life in cooking and has brought this passion to each one of his dishes. He maintains a consistent authenticity which has won us rave reviews in the local news media as well as a following among our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Frankie's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Tinley Park ›
Frankie's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)romantic (33)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (21)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (13)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- GentleDined on 8/30/2014Had the salmon, and pear, almond, and cheese salad. Salad was fresh and perfectly balanced. Salmon melted in mouth. Was excellent!Special Features:
- Great food, attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014All our entrees and appetizers were delicious. The server was friendly and had nice recommendations when we asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great timeTriestoeatwellDined on 8/22/2014Great staff and personable owner. Jamie's delightful personality went over well with our 2 boys. She knew the menu very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to place!FoodVIPDined on 8/22/2014We dine at Frankie's regularly & I have to say EVERY meal we have had is always delicious. The restaurant is always seasonally decorated & the service is always great! Frankie is such a gracious host & always make sure everyone's expierence is a great one. We will always return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!FoodVIPDined on 8/13/2014Wow! I must say going to a restaurant in a strip mall always makes me nervous, but boy was I wrong about this place. I happened to find this place through a friend & I'm glad she recommended it. The restaurant is beautifully decorated inside & outside with their flowers. The food & service was impeccable! The best grilled octopus & vodka sauce I've ever had. We met Frankie the owner, & what a nice gentleman. We can't wait to go back with more friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantJeanNDined on 8/3/2014This is a great restaurant! Our waitress was gracious, lovely in her presentation, and helpful. The food was delicious and the ambiance was lovely and warm! I can't say enough about this restaurant. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown quality in Tinley ParkFoodVIPDined on 7/31/2014This was our first time here through recommendations from friends. We were kindly greeted at the door by which we found out later it was Frankie himself. We started out with the grilled octopus for an app which was so tender & flavorful. I had the halibut & my wife the frutti Di mare. They both were EXCELLENT! We had the Creme brûlée for dessert which was excellent. Our server Debbie was excellent. Frankie brought us his limoncello & made sure our expierence was a great one & it was. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Great place to go for good food in the Tinley Park area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big disappointmentTonyDined on 7/24/2014Service was outstanding. Unfortunately, that was the highlight. Pork chop was cooked well passed its time and my wife's pasta entree wouldn't qualify for an appetizer if size was the criterion.Special Features:
- Very goodFoodVIPDined on 7/22/2014We all thoroughly enjoyed all are meals. The waiter was great & as well the bartender. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Still a FanthepointcollectorVIPDined on 7/20/2014We ordered a calamari appetizer that was on special and the regular fried calamari came out. The server seemed confused and didn't seem to want to take the blame for the miscommunication so we let it go. Unfortunately the fried calamari wasn't hardly touched which also went unnoticed. The server simply brought us a box and then scraped what was left of the marinara sauce into a to-go cup. One of the people in our party wasn't going to eat but made a joke about picking at my food. The server took that as splitting the order and then charged us at additional $2.50. When the split order came out, it wasn't nearly as plentiful as when it's a single order. Like I said, great place but normally the service is a lot more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tuscan GemDeboDined on 7/19/2014The papardelle with mushrooms is one of my favorite pasta dishes! Also, the homemade limoncello is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014just ok.. tables of jammed... bar set up not too good either..
- Wonderful Neighborhood RestaurantNancyVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food & service always very good. The Decor is nice inside & they have a gorgeous patio set up outside. They have a nice wine list. The food is always delicious but we noticed that the portions are rather small for the price. We will return though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Usual... Incredible!BillykDined on 6/28/2014We go here quite a bit and not only is the menu incredible, but the chef specials are almost always too good to pass up! Pasta is unbelievable and the service is unmatched. I took my folks here to 'show it off' and they were equally impressed. The portions and pricing is incredibly reasonable. Complimentary apartif when we were done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemNancyVIPDined on 6/27/2014This is such a great place! They have a beautiful outdoor patio, a nice bar area (great wine selection), wonderful decor, nightly specials, good food selections & perfect service. We went early on a Friday evening & after a few minutes the place was full. For dinner I had the egg batter jumbo shrimp (a special) served with potatoes and a vegetable. My husband had a pasta dish. We both really enjoyed our meals. I am looking forward to going back to try the Salmon dish. This is a fantastic neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceTrainerTVIPDined on 6/26/2014The service is above and beyond the rest. The food is always delicious. When something is not quite right or you just need it to be adjusted for your tastes, they are very gracious about accommodating. When I'm in the area, I always go to this place now. I always try to go there on a night when there is live music! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Anniversary DinnerPattiDined on 6/26/2014We love going to Frankie's for most any occassion, however this time it was our anniversary. The dinner we had was excellent and our waiter, Sal, was superb. The Hostess, Angie, was as always, congenial and warm. It was a memorable night for us! We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day surprise dinner. The owner and his daughter made the experience memorable and they were exceptionally helpful with helping keep the dinner a surprise from an unsuspecting father. We ordered 4 different meals and all were delicious. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- We love Frankie'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/15/2014We can't recommend it enough to our friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day dinnerbrejaneDined on 6/15/2014I made my reservation with open table. We were seated right away and there was easy accomodations for one of our party who is wheelchair dependent. I recommend using open table for reservations..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantSweenyDined on 6/13/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. I especially like their risiotto of the day, It's always wonderful. My husbands favorite dish is the veal marsala. Everything we have tried has been really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Frankie'sGymratt71Dined on 5/31/2014Went for a birthday dinner with a friend. The waiter was very professional and gave us excellent service. Everything tasted as great as it looked. Our bill was very reasonable too, $90 for two delicious salads, two amazing fish entrees & two glasses of wine. If you are looking for a fancy feel with great food then Frankie's is your place. I would not recommend bringing young children here since it is a white tablecloth restaurant. I would definitely return if in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodbobbyDined on 5/17/2014First time for the four of us. The food was hot, large portions, and tasted great. Waiter knew the menu, wine list and paid attention at the right moments. The owner swung by and asked if all was ok, and so did two other family members. Wine was a bit pricey. Had a nive timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianPengoDined on 5/16/2014Great service. Consistent good food. Lots if parking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Good food , would like to see a few more options on the menu howeverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day fare OKBillykDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I love this place. We go there for dinner often and I wanted to share this experience with my mom. We I took my parents for Mother's Day. What I truly enjoy about Frankie's is their authentic Italian cuisine and portions as well as their incredible service. The service was incredible but the menu was a small list of entrees that only included two pasta dishes. I felt like the portions were much smaller than before. After an appetizer, entrée, and dessert, we were all still hungry and with a $35 bottle of wine we paid $200. When my wife and I go it seems a lot less and we are completely satisfied with my wife usually bringing home extras. I love this place and will continue to. I just didn't love it on Mother's Day.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentmv09Dined on 5/11/2014We were there on Mother's Day. Busy holidays are not always the best time to judge a place but the quality of the food and service were as excellent as the many other times we dined there.Special Features:
- LOVE Frankie'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Great resaurant, great staff and the food...delicious !Special Features:
- Good Food with ReservationsVanessaDined on 5/10/2014We were a group of 5 who had a mixed experience. One member RAVED about her gnocchi. The Insalata Frankie was also outstanding. The person who had the Filet said it was great. My husband ordered the Veal Marsala and was disappointed in the cut of veal and the flavor of the sauce. I ordered the London Broil special, and while the sauce was terrific the meat was so touch I needed a chain saw to cut it. Really disappointing. Overall, however, we would go back again. They have many interesting and excellent dishes and we want to give them credit for them.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemFoodieDined on 5/9/2014Frankie's is a hidden gem. The atmosphere was very intimate and romantic. The services was outstanding! One of the he specials for the evening was the halibut topped with pistacios which we all tried and loved. The zucchini puree soup was heavenly. Our server recommended a great bottle of wine. We can't wait to go back and try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentjamesDined on 5/8/2014Great food....very relaxed/pleasant atmosphere.....excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Cucina Italiana...IloveRosaRegaleDined on 5/8/2014Frankie's is the best ristorante on the South Side of Chicago...delicious foods, expert waiters, congenial hosts with authentic Italian hospitality. I feel like family when I dine here. The staff members use their unique talents to create a truly Mediterranean ambiance. You will not want to dine elsewhere after your culinary experience at Frankie's. The many selections on the main Menu to the "Specials of the Day," will delight your pallet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now a RegularJAWS3VIPDined on 5/7/2014My wife and I consider ourselves to be regulars at Frankies but we hadn't been there for over 2 months due to hectic schedules. Nevertheless, food and wine were excellent, and Frankies delivers superb table service. It's still our favorite Italian restaurant. We don't need to go downtown or leave the south suburbs. ,I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 538 reviews are from the Frankie's Ristorante reviews archive.
- Good foodhectorrey98Dined on 4/26/2014Everything was perfect.. The risotto was delicious.!! the fried calamari so fresh.!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVEKatkDined on 4/23/2014One of our faves! The food is consistently good whether it's from the regular menu or a nightly special. If you go back a second time.....you're family! We love their wine dinners and they are great for special occasions. We had our son's rehearsal dinner there and it was a hit with all of our guests!Special Features:
- mv09Dined on 4/20/2014Having been there numerous times I am always absolutely satisfied. The food is always outstanding as is the service. Given this was a holiday it was unbelievable how efficient the service was; not rushed, good spacing between courses, relaxed atmosphere. We will continue to go to Frankie's on special occasions.Special Features:
- Superb Dining ExperienceChefRAMDined on 4/19/2014Right from our arrival, the staff at Frankie's made us feel extremely welcome. The ambiance was warm and inviting, and the noise-level was just right. Make sure when you go, TRY THE SPECIALS! The sea bass was cooked to perfection, as was the risotto. If you enjoy wine, Frankie's has a diverse selection. The service was impeccable, amongst the best I have experienced. Although it was a busy Saturday, we didn't feel rushed, . Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their experience, and even before we had left, were discussing how soon they could return. Thank you for a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014My husband and I are always extremely satisfied with our dinner at Frankie's. Authentic Italian food is freshly prepared daily. It is never a problem for the chef to accommodate my allergies. The staff is attentive, very accommodating, and extremely friendly. Dining at Frankie's is a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantLoveitDined on 4/13/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant. From the time you walk in the door you feel welcome. The service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.