Frankie's Pizzeria & Scaloppine
900 N Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Frankie's Pizzeria & Scaloppine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leye.com/
- Phone: (312) 266-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jose Aguilar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call Frankie's Pizzeria & Scaloppine for information about catering menu options.
- Cross Street: Walton
- Public Transit: Red Line Chicago Stop
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public Parking is available at 900 North Michigan Parking. Enter on Walton St. or Rush St.
We validate parking with the following Rates:
$12.00 for 3 hours during the day
$5.00 for Evening parking. Enter after 5:00 pm and exit by 2:00 am.
A word from Frankie's Pizzeria & Scaloppine
Lettuce Entertain You's neighborhood Italian restaurant atop Michigan Avenue is located on the 5th floor of the 900 shops. Frankie's is open every Saturday and Sunday morning at 8:30am for Breakfast. Enjoy your eggs your way, Sicilian omelettes, rosemary potatoes and of course- breakfast pizza, complete with bloody marys and fresh coffee. For Lunch and Dinner, Frankie's specializes in salads, pastas and of course Scaloppine. Get to meet Big Frankie as he talks with you about the “Famous Chopped Salad,” a mag mile favorite of 20 years, or the Smothered Brick Chicken, organic chicken topped with sweet and hot peppers. Following your meal, servers wheel Juddino’s Cookie Cart tableside with a daily selection of homemade cookies. Frankie’s 5th Floor Pizzeria serves the best pizza in Chicago (CS Magazine, March 2008),offering traditional red sauce pizzas and signature Sardinian style pies. The full menu is available in either seating area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Frankie's Pizzeria & Scaloppine - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Frankie's Pizzeria & Scaloppine reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (54)neighborhood gem (50)good for groups (33)kid-friendly (33)fit for foodies (26)great for brunch (20)special occasion (13)notable wine list (7)scenic view (7)romantic (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Mar2ravesVIPDined on 11/17/2014no thank you I do not wish to write a review. This is silly that I cannot submit my comment to the restaurant without writing a review.I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliablecityplaceVIPDined on 11/11/2014Lunch was very good. Had the special of 3 items for $l3. Great deal. Reliable Lettuce Entertain You restaurant. Not exciting but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedFoodmaven1VIPDined on 11/1/2014Tomato soup, amazing! Truffle mushroom pizza and cheese pizza(not margarita) are my fav! Not great for groups because there's no space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed but excellent foodTammiSueDined on 10/31/2014We felt rushed by the server but were able to slow down the pace. The food was excellent as I have experienced in the past. Years ago the inside was more intimate but has changed with opening more to the mall. I understand that probably promotes more lunch dining in the mall but I miss the previous quaint feeling.
- Mall restaurantDowntownDianeDined on 10/17/2014There are 2 restaurants and even though our reservation was for the more intimate restaurant we were seated at the pizza place in the mall because the restaurant w a s full. There were multiple tables with young children and An overall food court ambience. We had to send the wine by the glass back because it had gone bad. The pasta had chewy prosciutto that was inedible. My guest described their chicken as average. The service was very good for the venue, we were in and out in less than an hour. Unfortunately, this was not the dining experience I was hoping to provide for my guests.Special Features:
- Frankie'saom2VIPDined on 10/12/2014Wonderful food and service in Bloomingdale's building on the 5th floor. They will accommodate any request. A delightful place.Special Features:
- italian in the neighborhoodgoldcoasterVIPDined on 10/12/2014This is a great place to go to get some dinner (or breakfast). On Tuesday nights they have the Frankies red wine for 1/2 the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichiganRunnerDined on 10/11/2014In for the Chicago marathon, and their pasta special for runners was fantastic! Service was great, and it couldn't have been a more relaxing dinner for my family and I. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cute place!carbloaderDined on 10/11/2014Was a little scared cause it was in a mall, but once inside it was quite cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliablecityplaceVIPDined on 10/6/2014A nearby Lettuce Entertain You restaurant that we go to often. (except nice weather when we like to sit outside) Bread and olive oil very good. Food is not exciting but good. Good for carryout also. Salmon piccata is very good. Alan, the host on some days, is extremely nice and friendly. Others are not as friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly excellent Italian foodArchangelVIPDined on 9/26/2014Wasn't sure what to expect from an Italian place in the Bloomingdale building - last one in same location was just Ok lettuce entertain you place - turns out Frankie's is quite good with a wide selection - had the eggplant parmesan and wife had the short ribs special - both excellent - tomato bisque was best I've had recently (complete with cheese and freshly made croutons) - veal meatballs very tasty - and white bean spread with freshly toasted bread spears also very tasty - Italian sangria also hit the spot - desserts are their weakness - usual boring stuff (flourless chocolate cake is so 90s and Apple crostada, tiramisu, and gelato aren't up to the rest of the food choices)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for the HolidayBobbyPVIPDined on 9/24/2014Went to Frankies for special dinner on Rosh Hashanna, Jewish New Year before heading to evening services. Who would of thought an Italian restuarant would do such a great job of making Jewish soul food. They did an absolutely fantastic job, great food, great services and got us out on time without feeling rushed. Never cooking again now that I know Frankies does such a great job!!Special Features:
- Great Italian, very convenientBrianOVIPDined on 9/20/2014We really enjoy Frankie's for its good food and convenient location. Prices are also very fair for the neighborhood, good value for the money. It's also very kid friendly with both seating in the restaurant and on an indoor patio.Special Features:
- Good dinner in mall atmosphereMcmasterTDined on 9/20/2014Considering this place is in a mall, they've done a great job of making you feel like you're not in a mall if you sit inside. Good food for good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food, indifferent serviceHPFanVIPDined on 9/16/2014Typically good Lettuce food, from great bread, fine soup and Caesar salad at good value lunch prices. But service needed improvement tho this may have just been our waitress who 'got lost' repeatedlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than last timeoptimistDined on 9/14/2014This was my third visit for brunch in about as many weeks and tried the spinach/mushroom omelet. It was OK, but poor quality of the cheese hurt the quality of the omelet. The spinach was bitter: not the restaurant's fault. The potatoes were great! Toast was so-so. My companion had a hamburger and was pleased. Service was impeccable. Water glass was kept full, and refills of hot water for tea were appreciated. For brunch this is not such a great place to go, because really the menu is lunch with a few breakfast items tacked on. I doubt I will come for brunch here again. If in the area for lunch, I would likely visit.Special Features:
- Perfect get togetherFlosDined on 9/10/2014Lunch menu is wonderful-lots of choices and ability to combine items. Provided round table for 8 which allows wonderful visiting. Parking in the bldg.Special Features:
- OK, but not greatoptimistDined on 9/7/2014This is my 4th visit to Frankie's, and the 2nd time for brunch, mostly because it was convenient, not for any other reason. I ordered eggs diavola, my companion ordered the turkey burger. I asked for 'once-over' eggs but got fried ones with a solid yolk. OK, but not what I wanted. The tomato mixture was flavorful, but far too salty. I also ordered an apple crostada, which was fine, but short on cinnamon. My companion was happy with his turkey burger, and said the fries with it were quite good. I was disappointed with the tea selection (earl grey, camomile or green), but I understand that meeting tea drinkers preferences can be challenging. Waiter was wonderful, attentive not predatory. Noise from mall is not obtrusive.
- Consistently good food and ambianceBrianOVIPDined on 9/6/2014Frankie's is sophisticated and at the same time laid back. As parents with a 12 year old, we sometimes have a tough time finding a place that has both good food, is kid appropriate, and is a good value. Frankie's really delivers and we've never been disappointed. By the way, don't think Olive Garden - Frankie's provides a much deeper, richer, and innovative experience.Special Features:
- Frankie'saom2VIPDined on 8/31/2014The food and service are wonderful. A wonderful menu for anyone with varied tastes. They will adjust your order to fit your special diet needs.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014It was a very busy holiday weekend the restaurant was full, which made the service was slow. On the plus side the food was very good. Our table had several pasta dishes all were very good, with the brick chicken being outstanding. For a downtown restaurant prices are very reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is consistently very good!FussyDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Tried the baked spaghetti this time, in lieu of my usual salad, which I love as an entree. It was fabulous so, nowt I"ll have to make a serious choice! My husband is stuck on the Chicken with arugla salad on top. Everything we've tried is wonderful. Love eating in the "outdoor" area...restful, quiet and expansive.Special Features:
- Frankie'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014not up to LEYE standards. very disappointing. wasn't busy enuf for how distracted the service was.
- Very good!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014I picked this restaurant solely because of proximity to my hotel. I had fairly low expectations as it is located in a "mall" in the Blomingdale's building. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. The food and service were excellent and a good value for the Gold Coast area. I enjoyed it so much that I made a return visit later in my trip. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Comfortable and ConsistentWaitingDined on 8/23/2014Great place after a long day of shopping. Wait Staff was responsive and professional, food was very good and everyone enjoyed their selection, from Pasta to Pizza to Seafood. Seating was comfortable and tables appropriately spaced. The decor was OK, not sure about the white plates with black writing on the walls. Better than just a mall restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misleading AdvertisingJamesVIPDined on 8/23/2014We received an email advertising promotion. Upon arrival at the restaurant, it applied to only a few items on the menu.
- Sunday AlternativedinealotVIPDined on 8/17/2014The brick oven lemon pancake and crisp bacon were just enough tart, sweet, and smokey to delight my palate. Frankie's is a great brunch alternative on weekends.Special Features:
- JER1Dined on 8/16/2014Service was lousy. Standing water on floor. Waiters made a lot of noise bussing tables.
- It's inside a malldonl09Dined on 8/15/2014I was in town and looking for an Italian restaurant on a Friday night. I reviewed Yelp for some options and because it was so last minute, not many of the options had vacancy. Frankie's was highly rated, like many others and seemed to be in a good spot right on N. Michigan; a short walk from where I was staying downtown. It turned out to be a mall, with Frankie's on the 5th floor; not exactly the ambiance I was looking for on nice summer night in downtown Chicago. It's mostly my fault for not reading more into it and figuring this out before making reservations. My group liked the food pretty well but the waiter didn't speak very good English. Made it difficult to understand some of the menu questions. In all a good place if you're shoppingSpecial Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Frankie's is a favorite and by the looks of it, it is becoming many people's favorite. I have taken to making a reservation just to make sure we get a table. Had the eggplant my last visit and it was fabulous!Special Features:
- FlosDined on 8/5/2014Always dependable. $10 bottle of wine on Tuesdays. Wait staff very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good!BairdDined on 8/1/2014Frankies is seldon crowded and the food/service is consistently good. A typical Lettuce Entertain You restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyFlosDined on 7/29/2014Took a young couple for dinner that had never been there-truly enjoyed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 730 reviews are from the Frankie's Pizzeria & Scaloppine reviews archive.
- Frankie'saom2VIPDined on 7/20/2014Great food and service every time. Convenient for neighbors and tourists. Wonderful place to relax.Special Features:
- neighborhood gemgoldcoasterVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great place for a good low key Italian meal. It is also wonderful for weekend breakfastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent with very good foodFussyDinerVIPDined on 7/10/2014A great go-to spot that is great because you can eat "outside" in the 5th floor lobby area set up with awnings and table or inside in a more intimate atmosphere. It you like a quiet spot to get away from a hectic day or bustling shopping trip, this is a great hideaway, quite where you can listen to friends talk and share a great meal. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner here! This is our neighborhood gem with reasonable prices and good Italian food (generous portions, too!) but tourists will enjoy this get away to have a moment of down time. This restaurant is part of the Lettuce Entertain You group, so bring your card with you and accumulate points while you enjoy your meal!!Special Features:
- FrankiesDined on 7/8/2014The food was great and the portions were more than adequate. Our server could have been a little bit more attentive.Special Features:
- Reliable good eatsHothow1VIPDined on 7/7/2014We love coming to Frankies. They have a nice varied menu and the food is always good. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good Food off the MileOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/5/2014This is a nice little restaurant in the mall off the north end of the Magnificent Mile.Special Features:
- DeliciousDined on 6/28/2014The food was delicious. I ordered the Tri-colore Gnocchi and it was fabulousSpecial Features: