Frankie's Italian Kitchen & Bar
765 Beatty Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2M4Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Frankie's Italian Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frankiesitaliankitchen.ca/
- Phone: 6046886368x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Frankie's offers private dining for groups of 10 to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Judy Maille 6046092210x
A word from Frankie's Italian Kitchen & Bar
Frankie’s offers traditional, simple and fresh Italian meals based on family recipes with the flavours of southern Italy as well as newly inspired Italian dishes in a contemporary but classic setting. The menu offers a wide selection of fresh house-made pastas and traditional comfort fare..The bar offers classic cocktails and the wine list is focused on well represented and down-to-earth British Columbia VQA wines and imported Italian wines. Frankie’s, true Italian, family food & friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Frankie's Italian Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)special occasion (6)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Pleasant RestaurantOnestopDined on 10/21/2014Great food served on hot plates, food was right temperature for the whole meal. Don't know why other restaurants do this as it is so simple to do. Liked the ambiance and decor, it had a supple rich look. Felt comfortable and relaxed there. Service was great. Was very early in the evening so the restaurant wasn't busy which made it even nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow serviceSlowPokeDined on 9/28/2014The service was extremely slow. My friend and I had reservations for 12 noon, and had a hard time getting served with lunch etc and getting out again by 1:50! This was after repeatedly telling the staff that we needed them to hurry up a bit. Since we were going to a matinee performance of Carmen, it was very difficult for us to get to the theatre in time. I am 81, need a walker, and my friend is 92. I don't think we'll go to Frankies again. It wasn't even that busy!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Our table, service and food were outstanding. Everyone had a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Tasty ThemeturnontheradioDined on 9/20/2014I enjoyed the Frankie's Downtown experience on the night of a country music concert at nearby Rogers Arena. The ambient music was fitting for such a night which was a fun change from the ordinary. Food was quite good, as was the dependably great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Usually lovely and lively. AVOID on a night of a BC Lion's game unless you are prepared to be bombarded by noise level and fight for the attention of staff. Well duh, should have known, but the atmosphere is completely altered
- Food is fantastic!AnneDined on 9/13/2014Great food, reasonably priced, poor service. The location is perfect for dinner before a game or concert and the chefs are good! Really need to step up their servers' etiquette. Example - you never bring the salads out at the same time as the main course, unless your guests have asked for this. Their pub area next door doesn't take reservations and needs a decor update, but has the same fantastic menu and much better servers!Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedpartick1Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I decided to have a pre concert meal here rather than going to the much noisier places around the corner. the ambience was quite good, but more importantly, the food was outstanding. kudos to our waitress as well. She was knowledgeable regarding the food and her advice was right on. we will be back and have already told a number of people about FrankiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service - Great FoodAnneDined on 8/28/2014Table for 6. 4 were there for 20 min. and not asked if they wanted a drink while waiting for the other 2. When the last couple arrived we were asked about drinks. When our cocktails arrived, the waitress removed ALL the wine glasses off the table. Guess we are not having wine now?? Shared an appie, salads came all at the same time, 2 dinners arrived, and those politely waited for the other dinners to come - they weren't coming! Were told a couple of times it will just be a couple of minutes. 2 people ate their now luke warm meals and the others have still not arrived! After complaining, we still had to wait. at least 20 min. Manager knew we were not impressed - thankfully they comped our meals, which was appreciated & unexpected.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestSzurcDined on 8/10/2014They have to work a bit harder to achieve a average rating. The food is not what I would expect from a Italian restaurant. We had seafood fettuccine, disappointing, the greasy sauce tasted like it came out of a can, they just added steamed shellfish on top. From 1 to 10 a 4. To top it off, a bit on the pricy side
- The following 25 reviews are from the Frankie's Italian Kitchen & Bar reviews archive.
- Food good; staff not so much !Mary2610Dined on 6/29/2014We ate here twice, once for brunch & once for late night appies/drinks. For brunch when we payed the bill, we put the cash down with the bill, the waitress took the money & didn't bring back the change. She owed us over $10.00. She repeatedly avoided our table until finally we flagged her down & asked for our change. We left her a tip & went on our way. Later we returned for drinks / appetizers. My friend ordered a margarita & it was very weak. She had to order a separate shot as the waitress refused to get her a new drink. When we paid, the EXACT thing happened again...she didn't bring our change back! She took the money & never came back! This time when we asked, she said "Oh, I thought that was a tip". This practice is so unacceptable!Special Features:
- Good food, mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival and the table was fine. It was a busy evening with a lot of walk-in patrons coming and going to different events. Our orders were taken in a timely fashion and the appies were great. Our main order was delivered to the wrong table and they liked our order better than their own. The restaurant provided a pizza to snack on while a second order was prepared. Our order arrived about ten minutes later and was great. While cleaning the table, the busboy dropped the plate of oil & balsamic on the table which splashed on clothes. It was a little awkward. It did come out, but created some anxious moments. Enjoyed the dinner, but a bit of an adventure.
- Great pre show diningNeeneeGDined on 6/27/2014Have been to this restaurant half a dozen times and never been disappointed in either the food or the service. A few times it was before going to Rogers arena or BC Place and is so convenient.. The food never disappoints and we have always found the staff very accommodating and attentive. Would highly recommend Frankie's :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at Frankie's KitchenfoodiescientistsDined on 6/21/2014Our party of four was warmly welcomed and service was great all night long. The meals were delicious and well-priced. The fresh pasta was cooked to perfection. The starter of calamari was a bit salty for our taste but otherwise very good. Biscotti for dessert hit the spot. The portions were just right for everything. Would definitely return here for another delicious meal!Special Features:
- Not Impressed with ServiceFoodie13Dined on 6/21/2014The food was great but the service was poor!! It was a Saturday night and they only had one waitress and a bartender on. Our waitress was extremely unfriendly and kind of snooty towards us. She was super slow and took forever to get our menus, then forever for drinks and it just seemed we had to ask for everything and then wait an hour before we got it. We asked for bread and didn't get it until after our appetizer and just as our food came. She didn't come and check up on as much as she should have and just over all left a bad taste in my mouth. I would not go back or recommend this place for the service was poor. It is unfortunate because the food was really good.Special Features:
- Good food and wonderful staff.AggroDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I were celebrating a life event and she likes Italian. We had an event at Rogers Arena and chose Frankie's due to its close proximity. Promptly seated with our reservation. We were served fresh baked bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar before ordering. We both had a beautifully prepared Caesar salad which was great. Then we both had the penne with Italian sausage which I loved but was a little too Al dente for my wife. Service was prompt, friendly and attentive. We would definitely come back and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014The food was great and I would go back to try the pasta. Not enough servers on a busy night. We went to a concert and the place was packed and there was not enough servers.Special Features:
- Great foodrobboDined on 6/14/2014Great food and the service was okay - it's a busy place so they are cycling a lot of people through. This was okay for us since we were off to a show at the QE. It's hustly, noisy, full of action, but as I said, the food was surprisingly tasty. Excellent olive oil with the bread, superb roasted al dente veggies, halibut that was tender and served with an outstanding sauce. Kind of unpretentious but quaility. Perfect place for before show food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Third time at Frankie's and third time we've been very pleased. Service was excellent and food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate at the Bar!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Frankie's was recommended to us and we thought we would take advantage before seeing Wicked. We made a reservation but, decided to go early and have a glass of wine in the bar. Our waitress was amazing and we decided to stay put and eat there. Food was awesome! Hubby had lamb - I had chicken - unbelievable!!!! Walked around the corner to the Queen E - great night all around.Special Features:
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Food took 45mins, came to us over peppered and the seafood was rubber (most expensive thing on the menu). Then we said we were running late so the bill was dropped off but no one followed up for payment. Not worth it.
- Great for pre-theatreYVRdineoutDined on 6/6/2014We were looking to try something new near the Q.E. Theatre (and BC Place) before a show. Stumbled upon Frankie's and we were very pleased. I had the marsala chicken, my friend had a pizza, and we were both quite happy with our meals. The dessert, a cheesecake, was some of the best I've had in town. Some other reviews have mentioned indifferent service but we didn't encounter that, although at one point we did have to wave down our waiter (it got busy). The service was generally friendly and efficient, and the food was served promptly. I'd go back and recommend this as a good option for before or after a show or stadium event.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pastaloverDined on 6/6/2014Best spaghetti and meatballs in Vancouver! Very convenient to BC place and Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Comfortable, Clean, friendly - Great service. Enjoyed the evening!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely evening mealMythosDined on 6/2/2014We visited Frankies several times whilst staying in Vancouver and loved it. We went for breakfast twice and for an evening meal. The food was excellent, the staff attentive & the atmosphere calm and peaceful. We had a wonderful time & would happily go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itElleDined on 5/28/2014Food was great - service awesome- drinks fabulous - all round good experience - will deffinately go back again ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner!PorkguyDined on 5/15/2014Table was ready upon our arrival, hostess, servers were very professional. Food arrived hot, and the Plate presentation was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast service but overkill on garlicLove2dineoutVIPDined on 3/5/2014We went here for a quick meal before an event at the QE Theatre and they were able to accommodate us by getting our food out fast and we were in and out within an hour. It wasn't super busy but they were great in getting everything out (drinks, bread, meals, refills, bill) fast. My only gripe was that my linguine vongole had way too much garlic in it. Tasted good when I ate it but afterwards I felt ill from garlic overkill and I felt queasy at the event after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess/waitress clearly didVancouvervisitorVIPDined on 2/5/2014Hostess/waitress clearly did not want to be there. Great bartender. Food good but not great.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/31/2014I had their home-made tortellini and it was fantastic. I have been fortunate enough to travel throughout Italy and the food there was very authentically Italian. We had a lovely romantic dinner that included their caprese salad, tortellini and tiramisu and each dish made me remember my time in Italy! I will definitely be back again and will bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place bfr the Game or OperameldymelDined on 1/31/2014We were surprised to find such a romantic cozy place so close to BC Place! They are totally OK if you come in with blue facepaint for their yummy lamb sirloin and butternut squash gnocci. And equally OK if you come in with your suit and tie before catching the Opera or Ballet. Yummy food, friendly (funny!) service, and beautiful ambience.Special Features:
- worst waitress that I ever meetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014I really wondering what's wrong with the Asian female waitress, she is giving us an attitude. She is not professional at all, she serving our meal by standing one spot. As I observed in the other restaurant, they will put the plate of your meal by standing beside of you, they will never standing in one spot and give you the plate. Also, whenever we need to change new fork and new knife, she is just putting on one spot of the table without putting them on each person. I am just feeling very upset to received a service like this.
- Not BadSkyAgentmDined on 1/27/2014The deco is nice and the food was good. The lunch crowd was quiet. Service was well paced.
- we went for dine out event.irisDined on 1/26/2014we went for dine out event. food was amazing. it actually very filling. too bad they don't serve that desert I really craved, but overall it's a nice place to celebrate a special occasion or hang out with frds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindKasandalsDined on 1/24/2014My friend and I chose Frankie's because we hadn't been there before. We were pleasantly surprised to find a huge open spacious dining room with very comfortable tables and chairs. The staff who dealt with us at the door were wonderful, welcoming and helpful. The food on the Dine Out Menu was delicious and I would highly recommend it. Our server was not helpful and seemed as if he was going through the motions. We are pleasant and undemanding customers and yet it seemed burdensome for him to deal with us.Special Features:
- Really good serviceTACCDined on 12/15/2013The food was pretty good and priced about right for downtown and quality. However the service we receive was very good. Our waitress was attentive, friendly, and accommodating. Definitely worth mentioning. The food we can get the same elsewhere but the service will bring us back. I hope all the other waiters and waitresses there are the same as the one we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.