Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse - Rye
77 Purchase St
Rye, NY 10580Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse - Rye
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://frankieandjohnnies.com/steakhouses/frankieandjohnnies.html
- Phone: (914) 925-3900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday 5:00pm-9:30pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday: 3:00pm-Midnight, Saturday: 5:00pm -Midnight, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chef Steve
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Information available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Fran Dolan 914-925-3900
- Special Events: Sunday, Monday & Tuesdays...Special Prix-Fixe Roasted Prime Rib Dinner, 3-Courses $45.00
A word from Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse - Rye
Frankie and Johnnie's Steakhouse has a look that is sleek and uncluttered, with a warmth that is inviting to all of its guests. The menu is distinguished with its exceptional quality of USDA certified prime dry-aged beef and a secret trend of spices that seasons every steak before it hits the grill. Also known for the freshest of seafood. Lobster, Chilean Sea Bass and Dover Sole.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse - Rye reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (23)romantic (17)good for groups (15)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- great steakspeterrabbithoundDined on 11/19/2014food was good steakhouse food. ample steaks, aged well and delicious. sides also very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honest to godness steakhouseBabaPorscheDined on 11/16/2014Pork Chop was tender. The NY Strip and the Fillet medallion were both perfectly prepared. Nothing fancy, just good solid preparation for a satisfying meal. We went for restaurant week so the portions are smaller than standard which was actually perfect. We may have to share the entree if we order a regular sized steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a off-nightreviewerDined on 11/14/2014A Friday night during restaurant week, maybe that's was the reason everything was off. Host was walking us to our table,saw friends at the bar and stopped to have a conversation,not a hello but a conversation.Hostess had to get him from the bar to seat us and it continued downhill from that point on.The drink order wrong.The food order wrong.I'll try again but not on a Friday night during restaurant week.
- Restaurant week Thursday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014My mother has bad knees. Even though this ResturAnt does have stairs with the main dinning room upstairs they were kind and disgreet. They quickly made a nice table downstairs for mom, girlfriend and myself. Our waitor and his assistant were beyond funny, kind and went out of their way to make my Gf a hot chocolate. Doesn't sound like a tall order but it made her night. We will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised!DanielleDined on 11/11/2014My friend & I work in Purchase and we have passed this place many times & had no idea it was Frankie & Johnnies. Being a converted bank really adds to the charm and the food was excellent!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekCC10580VIPDined on 11/10/2014What a great way to try a wonderful restaurant. Perfect portion size for this event! The service was perfect and we weren't rushed at all.
- Restaurant week dinnerDiningOutDined on 11/5/2014Appetizer: Bacon was simple; just two slabs of bacon Entree: Filet medallions were Ok. I would expect better from filet. Definitely over-cooked. They should let you choose how you want it cooked. Also, they serve the filet with mashed potatoes and the strip steak with fries and don't allow substitutions. When you order a steak, restaurant week menu or not, you should be able to pick a side that you want. Dessert: Ice cream was just two scoops of ice cream in a bowl. Good wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sparkyDined on 11/5/2014Disappointed. Filet Mignon was too spicy and potatoes exceptionally garlicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week VisitSunshineVIPDined on 11/5/2014My husband and I had never been here, so thought we'd give it a try for Restaurant Week on a Wednesday night. We both had same thing: their Frankie & Johnnie's chopped salad (nothing to write home about), a delicious 10 oz NY strip which was perfectly cooked. (it came with VERY overly salted fries), and a nice rice pudding. From the moment we sat down, the waitress was all over us. As soon as she brought us drinks, she wanted to take our order....told her we wanted to wait a little bit, she was not happy. 5 mins. later she was back. As soon as we were done with one course, the plates were taken away and the next course was presented. I know it's Restaurant Week, but how rushed do we have to be. We were out in UNDER one hour.Special Features:
- NO for restaurant week lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014The special restaurant week lunch menu was terrible. My friend and I ordered from the regular menu and the meal was expensive and just okay! NEVER AGAIN!!! We had been there for a restaurant week dinner previously and recalled that it had been very good. The restaurant was empty and I certainly understand why!!! Worst restaurant week lunch I have ever had!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/4/2014A go to place for an excellent steak. Handsome restaurant with club-like atmosphere. Kitchen consistently turns out excellent meals. Greetings always courteous and treatment is pleasant from arrival to departure. Service too is quite good. We like going to this restaurant when we are in the mood for a steak dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently PleasingDuckyVIPDined on 11/3/2014We have dined at different times of the day and have always been pleased with the menu selection, even during restaurant week. The selections are indicative of their quality of food and presentation. The selections of wines have a varied price range for the different budgets. The ambiance is open and spacious, yet casual dressy. The large windows and stained glass are beautiful. Waitstaff is very friendly and attentive. You can't go wrong here for any occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014Had pleasant time on 11/02. Returned on 11/09 and had disappointing experience: waiter not savvy about menu; slow food delivery; salad needed more dressing (one portion dry); glass of wine spilled on one guest so they did not charge for 3 coffees and a dessert....nothing about dry cleaning costs. Not likely to return.Special Features:
- Not Much At SteakFatmanDined on 11/1/2014Don't expect a first class steak at the Rye iteration of Frankie & Johnnie's. The ribeye was cooked to order but was thin, chewy and actually hard and inedible in spots. The service was disinterested and brought one member of my party the wrong main course. The server's English was weak and at times, indecipherable. At the price, I deserved better and so do you. To be fair, others in my party seemed content with their meals and I did enjoy the crabmeat cocktail, the creamed spinach and the pommes frites.
- Very good pre fixe lunchLovetoeatVIPDined on 10/29/2014Went with a party of four and had a very good luch. Carrot ginger soup was good Filet mignon was excellent. The shrimp scampi which was not prefixe was served on wild rice which was excellent. Had nice little addition of birthday cake which was nice ending
- Nice ambianceDuckyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Having lunch at Frankie & Johnnie's was so pleasant. Not only was it nice and bright inside due to the big view window in front, but the beautiful stain glass window in the back was so beautifully colorful that we never noticed it at night dining there. The lunch menu offered a nice variety and a prix fixe which my husband loved. The food was prepared to perfection as requested. The wait staff was very attentive and very accommodating as we wanted a taste of a couple of wines before ordering glasses of.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemDebbieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great local place for steak and fish. Never fail, always good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014VERY LOUD! no table is free from the noise. but food is alwyas consistant and delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent placethegoodDined on 8/24/2014The place is nice, the service excellent and the meat very very good! They also have a nice selection of wines and dessert. You should definitely try the porterhouse here, is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XOXOXOXOVIPDined on 8/21/2014Really wonderful restaurant that seems to do everything right. Beautiful interior with tables far enough from each other you can talk and hear. Service excellent. The dry aged filet was grilled to perfection and the baked potato was just like I would do it myself. Staff were not intrusive. Highly recommended and excellent value.Special Features:
- Love this placeAMYCVIPDined on 8/18/2014Service is perfect, and the food is delicious, everything is top notch. It's not cheap but you definitely get what you pay for. I go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experience -1 exception.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014Stopped in for a late night dinner after a long road trip. We sat at the bar and the service was excellent (hostess, bartender, server). Food was perfectly cooked and excellent. Only negative was a fairly-drunk man at the bar who was ranting (bragging) to 2 Chinese "clients" and he must have loudly dropped the "F-bomb" 50 times. Manager definitely could hear him and said nothing. Not impressed.Special Features:
- The following 377 reviews are from the Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse - Rye reviews archive.
- SteakhouseFoodieDined on 7/27/2014Food was very good but way too expensive. I had the veal chop and my husband had the filet mignon. Both were a bit overcooked but tasty nonetheless. The service was fine although we were the only patrons, as we were there early on a Sunday evening.Special Features:
- A REAL NY steakhouseCMF1Dined on 7/23/2014Frankie and Jonnie's is perfect for when you want a real New York City steakhouse experience, but you don't want to commute into Manhattan. The portions are generous and the staff is friendly. This place is a great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014We had a business dinner on Thursday evening. Three people from out of town, my colleague and me. First time for all of us. The restaurant was referred to me by my son, who dines there monthly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so glad we finally tried F & JkaitNYVIPDined on 7/9/2014kale salad, steaks, bread pudding - fabulous! attentive servers and hostess. beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Jessies's 19th Birthday celebrationkidsloveporterhouseVIPDined on 7/8/2014This is my daughters favorite local restaurant. We generally come for special occasions. The food was very good (not great) the service was decent but overall our family was very disappointed . We felt rushed. The food was served much too quickly. We were in an out in about an hour. We went elsewhere for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommend or go backmyauroraDined on 7/5/2014As far as steak houses go this wouldn't rank among the top I've gone to - for reference, the top ones in my opinion are STK, BLT, and Strip House. The appetizers were delicious - my table had French onion soup, crab meat, and lobster bisque - and the creamed spinach, au gratin potatoes, and truffle fries were also tasty. The main courses were just bad. My filet mignon was rather bland and my husband's Dover sole, something we both get rather frequently from many different restaurants, was down right terrible. It was fishy and slimy, and unfortunately cost us a whopping $60, which we didn't know in advance as it was listed as a special with no price - by far the most expensive piece of sole we've ever gotten and also the worst.Special Features:
- Underwhelming and OverpricedSmurra36Dined on 6/22/2014I wouldn't be in a rush back here. I had heard good things about the place so I brought my wife here to celebrate her recent promotion. The interior could've used some updating with worn carpeting and just an underwhelming feeling knowing that it was fairly expensive steakhouse. The server brought over a basket of bread with 3-4 different selections of breads and every one of them was stale. My wife's wine had cork in the glass and when the waiter replaced it with another glass, we found more cork. I ordered the 12 oz Filet Mignon medium rare and it came out medium well. Her 8 oz Filet Mignon was ordered medium and came out rare. I must say though, although neither came out as requested, they were still very good steaks.
- Superb !!STANZVIPDined on 6/15/2014I have never had a problem with a meal here. I had a veal chop the other night that was seasoned perfectly and very tender.....cooked to perfection. This restaurant never disappoints me. From an intimate evening to a family gathering, everything is celebrated well here. Service is impecable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in WestchesterJohn55VIPDined on 6/3/2014My girlfriend and I have now made Frankie's our weekday date night go-to place. There steak is dead on excellent. The quality never varies. My girlfriend who is a big fish person is a convert. She loves their filet and I the rib eye. Service is always excellent. I have tried all the other steakhouses in Westchester numerous times and as a friend of mine said if it is steak in Westchester, Frankie's is the best.Special Features:
- Great Service! Worth it!ThomasVIPDined on 5/24/2014The folks at F&J treated us like royalty. The service was exceptional and the atmosphere lively yet peaceful. Our food was really good.Special Features:
- BillVIPDined on 5/16/2014Filet was bland Tomatoes were tasteless The wait staff on the other hand was attentive and excellent and The place is beautiful
- Perfect date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Service, quality of food and drinks were amazing. Went above and beyond our expectations. Could not have asked for a better night.Special Features:
- Great steak, good serviceElegantDined on 5/3/2014We all had the rib eye steaks which were cooked exactly as each person requested. Appetizers, sides and desserts were all very good.Special Features:
- You won't be disappointedknowgoodfoodVIPDined on 4/26/2014We have eaten at all of the big steal houses in the city, long island, and a few in westchester county but this one is a find. The steak was excellent, great looking restaurant, attractive crowd, very good service. Friendly hostess'. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. The steak was tasty, tender and perfectly cooked. The only recommendation I would make to the restaurant is the desert menu is a little weak. If you enjoy a good steak this restaurant is a must.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakJohn55VIPDined on 4/9/2014I love steak. I have been going back and forth between Frankie and Johnnie's and BLT (I have tried every other steakhouse in Westchester and all the top ones in the city). While BLT can be amazing and the ambiance wonderful it can be hit or miss; great or not good. F & J's is consistently excellent. The service is always wonderful, the staff accommodating and the old bank vibe is cool. I had one of the best rib eye's I have ever had there on my last visit. Their fish, salads, sides, deserts are all great too.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatJohn55VIPDined on 3/26/2014I go back and forth between BLT and Frankie's - Frankie's steak is better and consistently great.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014I have been there many times. This time my wife and I went with my parents. The waiter was obnoxious to the point that i asked for a new server. After that, everything went wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foot, service...wobbly table?allen96VIPDined on 3/22/2014Not my first time to F&J b/c the food is always good. Basically a NYC steakhouse out in the burbs, but it has more of a town feel, not a stuffy feel, so good for a date, the guys, or the whole family. This time, though, my table was wobbly and couldn't be fixed with a sugar packet b/c it wasn't the footing that was bad--it as the pole. Unacceptable for a steakhouse of this calibre to have wobbly tables! But putting that aside, we were very happy with our meal and the service. I'll go back...but I'll refuse to sit at that table.Special Features: