Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse - Rye
77 Purchase St
Rye, NY 10580Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse - Rye
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://frankieandjohnnies.com/steakhouses/frankieandjohnnies.html
- Phone: 9149253900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday 5:00pm-9:30pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday: 3:00pm-Midnight, Saturday: 5:00pm -Midnight, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chef Steve
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Information available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Fran Dolan 914-925-3900
- Special Events: Sunday, Monday & Tuesdays...Special Prix-Fixe Roasted Prime Rib Dinner, 3-Courses $45.00
A word from Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse - Rye
Frankie and Johnnie's Steakhouse has a look that is sleek and uncluttered, with a warmth that is inviting to all of its guests. The menu is distinguished with its exceptional quality of USDA certified prime dry-aged beef and a secret trend of spices that seasons every steak before it hits the grill. Also known for the freshest of seafood. Lobster, Chilean Sea Bass and Dover Sole.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse - Rye reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (11)romantic (10)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice ambianceDuckyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Having lunch at Frankie & Johnnie's was so pleasant. Not only was it nice and bright inside due to the big view window in front, but the beautiful stain glass window in the back was so beautifully colorful that we never noticed it at night dining there. The lunch menu offered a nice variety and a prix fixe which my husband loved. The food was prepared to perfection as requested. The wait staff was very attentive and very accommodating as we wanted a taste of a couple of wines before ordering glasses of.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014VERY LOUD! no table is free from the noise. but food is alwyas consistant and delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent placethegoodDined on 8/24/2014The place is nice, the service excellent and the meat very very good! They also have a nice selection of wines and dessert. You should definitely try the porterhouse here, is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XOXOXOXODined on 8/21/2014Really wonderful restaurant that seems to do everything right. Beautiful interior with tables far enough from each other you can talk and hear. Service excellent. The dry aged filet was grilled to perfection and the baked potato was just like I would do it myself. Staff were not intrusive. Highly recommended and excellent value.Special Features:
- Love this placeAMYCVIPDined on 8/18/2014Service is perfect, and the food is delicious, everything is top notch. It's not cheap but you definitely get what you pay for. I go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experience -1 exception.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014Stopped in for a late night dinner after a long road trip. We sat at the bar and the service was excellent (hostess, bartender, server). Food was perfectly cooked and excellent. Only negative was a fairly-drunk man at the bar who was ranting (bragging) to 2 Chinese "clients" and he must have loudly dropped the "F-bomb" 50 times. Manager definitely could hear him and said nothing. Not impressed.Special Features:
- SteakhouseFoodieDined on 7/27/2014Food was very good but way too expensive. I had the veal chop and my husband had the filet mignon. Both were a bit overcooked but tasty nonetheless. The service was fine although we were the only patrons, as we were there early on a Sunday evening.Special Features:
- A REAL NY steakhouseCMF1Dined on 7/23/2014Frankie and Jonnie's is perfect for when you want a real New York City steakhouse experience, but you don't want to commute into Manhattan. The portions are generous and the staff is friendly. This place is a great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014We had a business dinner on Thursday evening. Three people from out of town, my colleague and me. First time for all of us. The restaurant was referred to me by my son, who dines there monthly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so glad we finally tried F & JkaitNYVIPDined on 7/9/2014kale salad, steaks, bread pudding - fabulous! attentive servers and hostess. beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Jessies's 19th Birthday celebrationkidsloveporterhouseVIPDined on 7/8/2014This is my daughters favorite local restaurant. We generally come for special occasions. The food was very good (not great) the service was decent but overall our family was very disappointed . We felt rushed. The food was served much too quickly. We were in an out in about an hour. We went elsewhere for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommend or go backmyauroraDined on 7/5/2014As far as steak houses go this wouldn't rank among the top I've gone to - for reference, the top ones in my opinion are STK, BLT, and Strip House. The appetizers were delicious - my table had French onion soup, crab meat, and lobster bisque - and the creamed spinach, au gratin potatoes, and truffle fries were also tasty. The main courses were just bad. My filet mignon was rather bland and my husband's Dover sole, something we both get rather frequently from many different restaurants, was down right terrible. It was fishy and slimy, and unfortunately cost us a whopping $60, which we didn't know in advance as it was listed as a special with no price - by far the most expensive piece of sole we've ever gotten and also the worst.Special Features:
- The following 371 reviews are from the Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse - Rye reviews archive.
- Underwhelming and OverpricedSmurra36Dined on 6/22/2014I wouldn't be in a rush back here. I had heard good things about the place so I brought my wife here to celebrate her recent promotion. The interior could've used some updating with worn carpeting and just an underwhelming feeling knowing that it was fairly expensive steakhouse. The server brought over a basket of bread with 3-4 different selections of breads and every one of them was stale. My wife's wine had cork in the glass and when the waiter replaced it with another glass, we found more cork. I ordered the 12 oz Filet Mignon medium rare and it came out medium well. Her 8 oz Filet Mignon was ordered medium and came out rare. I must say though, although neither came out as requested, they were still very good steaks.
- Superb !!STANZVIPDined on 6/15/2014I have never had a problem with a meal here. I had a veal chop the other night that was seasoned perfectly and very tender.....cooked to perfection. This restaurant never disappoints me. From an intimate evening to a family gathering, everything is celebrated well here. Service is impecable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in WestchesterJohn55VIPDined on 6/3/2014My girlfriend and I have now made Frankie's our weekday date night go-to place. There steak is dead on excellent. The quality never varies. My girlfriend who is a big fish person is a convert. She loves their filet and I the rib eye. Service is always excellent. I have tried all the other steakhouses in Westchester numerous times and as a friend of mine said if it is steak in Westchester, Frankie's is the best.Special Features:
- Great Service! Worth it!ThomasVIPDined on 5/24/2014The folks at F&J treated us like royalty. The service was exceptional and the atmosphere lively yet peaceful. Our food was really good.Special Features:
- BillVIPDined on 5/16/2014Filet was bland Tomatoes were tasteless The wait staff on the other hand was attentive and excellent and The place is beautiful
- Perfect date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Service, quality of food and drinks were amazing. Went above and beyond our expectations. Could not have asked for a better night.Special Features:
- Great steak, good serviceElegantDined on 5/3/2014We all had the rib eye steaks which were cooked exactly as each person requested. Appetizers, sides and desserts were all very good.Special Features:
- You won't be disappointedknowgoodfoodVIPDined on 4/26/2014We have eaten at all of the big steal houses in the city, long island, and a few in westchester county but this one is a find. The steak was excellent, great looking restaurant, attractive crowd, very good service. Friendly hostess'. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. The steak was tasty, tender and perfectly cooked. The only recommendation I would make to the restaurant is the desert menu is a little weak. If you enjoy a good steak this restaurant is a must.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakJohn55VIPDined on 4/9/2014I love steak. I have been going back and forth between Frankie and Johnnie's and BLT (I have tried every other steakhouse in Westchester and all the top ones in the city). While BLT can be amazing and the ambiance wonderful it can be hit or miss; great or not good. F & J's is consistently excellent. The service is always wonderful, the staff accommodating and the old bank vibe is cool. I had one of the best rib eye's I have ever had there on my last visit. Their fish, salads, sides, deserts are all great too.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatJohn55VIPDined on 3/26/2014I go back and forth between BLT and Frankie's - Frankie's steak is better and consistently great.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014I have been there many times. This time my wife and I went with my parents. The waiter was obnoxious to the point that i asked for a new server. After that, everything went wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foot, service...wobbly table?allen96VIPDined on 3/22/2014Not my first time to F&J b/c the food is always good. Basically a NYC steakhouse out in the burbs, but it has more of a town feel, not a stuffy feel, so good for a date, the guys, or the whole family. This time, though, my table was wobbly and couldn't be fixed with a sugar packet b/c it wasn't the footing that was bad--it as the pole. Unacceptable for a steakhouse of this calibre to have wobbly tables! But putting that aside, we were very happy with our meal and the service. I'll go back...but I'll refuse to sit at that table.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014The appetizers were wonderful. The steak was disappointing - just very mediocre, and for $96 for two people, it should have been outstanding. It was very noisy even though we were upstairs, because there was a crowd at the bar watching a game. This upscale restaurant should be quiet and relaxing for customers. Service was very slow. When making a reservation, I stated that we (all 4 of us) were celebrating our anniversaries. We thought perhaps complimentary dessert and coffee would be offered. No mention until we redeemed our coats, and were out the door, when the hostess said, "Happy Anniversary to you." There are too many good steak restaurants in the area, so we probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Very ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/22/2014Time and time again, great steaks cooked to perfection, attentive and pleasant waiters, warm atmosphere with a buzz; I’ve never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When we went to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2014When we went to celebrate our 35th anniversary we didn't expect it to be restaurant week here in Westchester County New York. But it was so we got the added treat of a great restaurant but a extremely lower price which made the night even more memorable. In any case the experience was wonderful and we will be back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a Chance on Somewhere newBianca9253VIPDined on 3/15/2014We eat out often but usually at familiar spots. We drove up to Rye and we were delighted. The staff was warm and welcoming and the food was delicious. Portions were adequate. No need to take food home. I had Lobster and it was perfect. We will come back.Special Features:
- Second Time.THEACE57Dined on 3/13/2014The Last Time I Was Here.It Was Very Good.This Time It Was Excellent.Everything Was Great.I'LL Be Back Here Again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week reviewAnnieDined on 3/13/2014Had a great & very enjoyable dinner,; one of us did the restaurant week menu .. One of us did regular menu; we were both very happy with our dinners; atmosphere very cozy; food was well prepared .., & we were not rushed at all;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hudson Valley Restauraunt WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/13/2014Dinner was beyond delicious as always! Great night with great girlfriends, amazing waiter!Special Features:
- Could not ask for moreHappyDinerDined on 3/11/2014A Great environment with incredible food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect nighthottimeDined on 3/11/2014Modern classy decor, delicious good, lovely people. Perfect spot for entertaining someone you wish to impressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great calves liver with bacon and oLovetoeatVIPDined on 3/8/2014best around for liver and onions and bacon jamie the waiter was perfect in all ways. aside from the liver filets and sirloin were excellent good onion soup.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Wait Staff is not veryByeGonesDined on 3/1/2014The Wait Staff is not very friendly nor very attentive. This place has the potential to be amazing. The steaks are the best around- so flavorful. The atmosphere is fun and vibrant. We come here often because the steaks are so good but the Manager, who walks around to introduce himself and say hello to everyone, never remembers us.Special Features:
- great food, no personalitychezdavidDined on 3/1/2014Food is always prepared expertly, but this place is filled with robots running around as if they're under a deadline. No personality, nor hospitality. Slow down and treat customers special because they ARE in this business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among Tri State's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/22/2014I have gone to most lower Westchester steak houses and Frankie and Johnnie’s is with no contest my favorite. It’s warm, inviting and picturesque. Cocktails are great, steaks are the best, always perfectly cooked and the service has always been exactly as I would have wanted it with many different very pleasant waiters despite dining mostly Saturday night. Although every cut of steak I’ve tried has been at its best, I seem driven to return time and again for that delicious 12 ounce Filet. I eat out a fair amount at what I consider good Westchester and Connecticut restaurants and I would not be going back to Frankie and Johnnies if it was not the equal of the others.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/1/2014The service of the restaurant this time was not satisfactory; the floor attendant broght what I have not prdered or forgot to bring what I ordered. I felt like no one took really care of my table. This never happened before.
- Went for lunch. Had wonderfulrlmtvernonDined on 1/23/2014Went for lunch. Had wonderful service. Food was very good.Special Features:
- good food but snobbyfirstimerDined on 1/16/2014We had a pretty grumpy waiter that was obviously put out to be working with us. Nice atmosphere.