Frank and Dino's
718 S Federal Highway
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Frank and Dino's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frankanddinos.com/
- Phone: 9544274909x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday thru Friday 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner Monday thru Friday 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday Dinner 5:00 pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour 4pm till 7 pm Monday thru Friday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tonino Orsino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Special Occasion on site only
- Private Party Facilities: 28 person Wine Room
Little Mike Lounge Semi- Private Available for parties and meetings for up to 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Jerry 9544274909x
- Entertainment: Wednesday,Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Special Events: New Years Eve
A word from Frank and Dino's
Traditional Italian RestaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Frank and Dino's - Best Restaurants in Deerfield Beach ›
Frank and Dino's reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (24)romantic (18)fit for foodies (16)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (14)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Everyone enjoyed their meals.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/9/2012Everyone enjoyed their meals. Menu has Italian favories which are well prepared.Special Features:
- I definitely would returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012I definitely would return to try more dishes. I had one of the Easter specials. The grilled scallops with pasta and it was absolutely delicious. The service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Our third time here. OutstandingKAS1VIPDined on 4/7/2012Our third time here. Outstanding food. Waiter Dominick (second time he has waited on us) is outstanding. I ordered the Veal Chop Parm and it was wonderful. My wife had the Snapper and she really enjoyed it. Our relatives visiting from out of town had the chicken parm and the ravioli special. Both really enjoyed their food. Only thing to keep in mind is that this is not a quiet restaurant. A lively environment but very comfortable.Special Features:
- Food overpriced. BranzinoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2012Food overpriced. Branzino $42 served without any side. Bread below average for a Dennis Max venue.Special Features:
- Food was great. Was a busyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Food was great. Was a busy Saturday nite, but service was excellent. Just a little cramped in the seating department....fun fun fun and food was delicious.Special Features:
- very good. Reservations whereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012very good. Reservations where addressed on time. Very good waiter. great food!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable, we will beOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012Very enjoyable, we will be returning. The staff was wonderful, the meal devine. Great service at the bar as well.
- Not worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/24/2012Although Open Table reflected plenty of availability at the restaurant, the restaurant was crowded and totally chaotic. We were finally seated about an hour and 20 minutes after our reservation time. Service was rushed, food is average. The entertainer was well..... Entertaining. Probably the only positive comment I would have.
- My wife and her girlfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/24/2012My wife and her girlfriend waited 45 minutes with a reservation. service was slow because " a computer problem on open table over booked "
- Just love this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012Just love this restaurant. Consistently excellent - food, service and ambiance! Plan to make many visits. Great spot for entertaining. Plaudits, too, to Open Table for having an easy to use website and great followup. I make one comment/suggestion: Your website already begins the reservation with the 2 in number of people. Twice now I just 'zipped' over it as the pull down already was 'filled in'. Would prefer it be left blank to complete and not allow the reservation to go through until I 'pulled down' the number of people in the party. I had a tough time trying to change the number of people and finally did call the restaurant directly. Maybe it's just me! Thanks again.Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2012I have eaten there twice now and the good is excellent. Appetizers: calamari, meatballs, clams Entrees: oso buco, veal parm, gnocchi The food is prepared perfectly and the pasta is all homemade Salute!Special Features:
- The appetisers flowers zucciniOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2012The appetisers flowers zuccini At. $19'00 Was too expensive .
- We were thrilled to find theGlobetrotterVIPDined on 3/21/2012We were thrilled to find the restaurant so busy (since it was our first visit)..The decor was great, however; the service was rushed. The food was very bland (such a disappointment). Perhaps not to offend anyones palate. We had four different items and there was no flavor at all. The singer was very good & we did enjoy him.
- Food was poor, veal was tough.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012Food was poor, veal was tough. Chicken tasteless and mashed potatoes cold.
- We celebrated our 5th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012We celebrated our 5th Anniversary at Frank and Dinos and this was our first time. The food was amazing! Definately comparable, if not better than Monterranos and Runway 84. The ambiance was remenescent and we loved the entertainement. We found ourselves singing along. We are planning to have another family celebration there soon in the the charming private room very soon.Special Features:
- We thought the atmospherewinnieDined on 3/16/2012We thought the atmosphere was onderful, enjoyed the background music and found the food to be very very good. Thought it was pricey.Special Features:
- 1st time there. bar had aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/20121st time there. bar had a great vibe. service was attentive and friendly. food was very good. can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- great during the week--tooPittsburghfoodie4VIPDined on 3/12/2012great during the week--too noisy on weekends and whne band is blaringSpecial Features:
- SO...SOOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012Very comercial and much too noisy. Tables are too close together.
- I felt rushed and the waitDisappointmentVIPDined on 2/26/2012I felt rushed and the wait staff was very indifferent As to helping us, hardly making eye contact. Will not tell people to rush to this newbie.Special Features:
- When we arrived for our 7:45OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012When we arrived for our 7:45 reservation we were told it would be 15 minutes. Luckily there were a couple seats at the bar. Two of of us had very good dinners...veal marsala and spaghetti and meatballs, however the one diner had to order spaghetti & meatballs because the waiter returned to the table to say they were out of the dish with the brasciole. Of the 2 snapper entrees,one was over cooked and one was just fair. For dessert we ordered the signature chocolate cake and the waiter returned to say they were out of it. Alternative tiramisu was excellent. Service excellent...fish dishes a disappointment.
- Second time - we'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/22/2012Second time - we'll be back! Food was delicious and chef is innovative.Special Features:
- We were prepared for the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2012We were prepared for the restaurant being pricey, however the only complaint we had was $4 for a soda and a small one at that.
- The veal was outstanding andqltartVIPDined on 2/21/2012The veal was outstanding and green beans sweet & tender~love the decor and service is perfect. Attentive, but not annoying. So happy to have another good restaurant so close to home!Special Features:
- Good ambience and service.DarcyDined on 2/21/2012Good ambience and service. Food good but no exciting unusual Italian choices. Doris GiddingSpecial Features:
- This new restaurant specialisesSupertoothVIPDined on 2/18/2012This new restaurant specialises in pasta and their "special meatballs". On Saturday night at 7:30 PM they were out of meatballs! (Does MacDonalds run out of hamburgers?) Although our reservation was honored on time, the tables were so close together that we had trouble being seated, and the waiters (when they showed up)were unable to walk around our table.(They passed us the food when it finally arrived) The noise was unbearable, and to make it worse, there was background music, and even a very loud strolling singer. The service was terrible, the food VERY expensive and unedible,and management could care less if we ever came back.(and we never will!)
- We had a lovely evening ValentinesMaxieVIPDined on 2/14/2012We had a lovely evening Valentines Day.. The atmosphere was real 60's with ASinatra music. Our waiter was excellent and very attentive. The cocktails were large and good. The meal was quite good as well We would be happy to spend another evening there soonSpecial Features:
- This was the second time forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012This was the second time for us. Sorry to say it was not nearly as good as the first visit. Meatball were undercooked and warm at best. The pepperocini appetizer was mushey and cool in the center. Caesar salad was just so so. Server forgot my side dish which never arrived. Will probably try one more time even though my veal was over loaded with the flour coating.
- First time at this restaurant.VerneDined on 2/14/2012First time at this restaurant. First 2 items selected on the menu were not available. My portion was very small. At dessert there were only 2 items available. We dined one hour after the restaurant opened so the lack of selection was not due to turnover. Overall there are far superior italian restaurants in the srea. I would doubt they would be open 6 monthts from now.
- No privacy . Table next toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2012No privacy . Table next to us kept looking at us all the time . It was not a romantic evening .
- Excellent Southern Italianfoodie1VIPDined on 2/12/2012Excellent Southern Italian standards perfectly prepared with fresh ingredients. Excellent Marinara sauce. Professional service. Expensive. While a noisy restaurant is not always a good thing, I wish they would play Frank and Dino's music louder. It was difficult to hear.Special Features:
- Atmosphere, food, and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Atmosphere, food, and service were all great! Some menu items seemed to be a little pricey, but well worth it!
- This is a nice restaurantFloridaFoodieDined on 2/10/2012This is a nice restaurant for old school NY style Italian American fare. The menu has all the favorites. For starters I had a small taste of eggplant with cheese and sauce. My dinner companion had the tri-color salad. The salad dressing was good but a bit acidic. Next I had a Veal Chop pounded and grilled with onions and red peppers ($34). Quite tasty. It came with green beans. My companion had the veal marsala (around $28-$30). Very good and the portions were correct. Nice wine list and prices are fair for the wines-bottles or by the glass. We had a tirimisu for desert ($11). This is a good restaurant not great but good. The prices are a little high for some items(desert-$11.) but I would still recommend.
- Still charging for parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/8/2012Still charging for parking $3:00 was free I ask if I could park my car I was told yes but still had to pay the$3:00 Is not the money it's the point
- Beautiful setting, uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2012Beautiful setting, unique theme, little pricey for typical Italian dishes, would return. Anxious to take my 94 year old dad there who is a huge Sinatra fan and very Italian! Loved his pasta fagiola.
- Going downhill started outOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/4/2012Going downhill started out Great now food is about a 1/3 or so less not as good Also charge for parking $3.00 was free If this keeps up it will be up for rent soon
- My second visit to Frank &OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012My second visit to Frank & Dino's did not disapoint. Table was ready when we arrived, food was excellent, and the cannoli dessert was to die for.....Special Features:
- Love the Theme and the foodLisaVIPDined on 2/1/2012Love the Theme and the food was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Service was very niceSpecial Features:
- overpriced smaller portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/1/2012overpriced smaller portions than that served at Max's Grille better than most strp mall places, but not worth a trip
- Dined on a Sunday nigth, everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2012Dined on a Sunday nigth, everything was very good except, wish they played more Frank & Dino music.Special Features: