Franco's Metro Restaurant & Bar
1475 Bergen Blvd.
Fort Lee, NJ 07024Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Franco's Metro Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.francosmetro.com/
- Phone: 2014616651
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Gene Bazzarelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full Trays to Go Menu Available as well as scheduled weekly deliveries and off site black tie profesional catering.
- Private Party Facilities: In House Party Space Available for up to 55 Guests.
- Private Party Contact: Gene Bazzarelli 2014616651
A word from Franco's Metro Restaurant & Bar
Fresh, from scratch cooking is the heartbeat of Franco's Metro Restaurant & Bar of Fort Lee, NJ. Offering larger portions that are cooked to order using only the freshest produce, meats, cheeses & seafood is our mission and satisfying customers both local and beyond is our goal. Creative cocktails, approachable wines & fabulous dinner specials are a nightly ritual here at Franco's, and quality, friendly service a standard. Proudly serving the community for over 40 years! Come see why our customers rave about our highly Zagat rated restaurant on social media and dine with us weekly. Mangia!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Franco's Metro Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious, service was very good. We were not rushed. People were friendly.Special Features:
- Great findFoodie25Dined on 8/25/2014Our first dining experience at Franco's Metro could not have been better. Antoinette stopped by to chat; the waiter was tremendously attentive and best of all, the food was outstanding! We live at the far end of Brooklyn, NY and met friends, as a half-way point. We wouldn't hesitate to travel back there for the food; prices and service.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/8/2014The food was good with reasonable prices. What impressed us most was the excellent service. All staff was helpful, friendly and competent, what you'd expect in a much more upscale restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect Pizza1njgalVIPDined on 8/3/2014Francos is a cozy neighborhood restaurant that is always welcoming. Nice italian menu…good pasta, great salads and excellent margarita pizza. Always bustling with guests, there is nice energy here. Warm and friendly..a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/16/2014Visited Franco's Metro during a business trip. Sat at the bar for dinner and was treated like royalty! Food was superb and service was 2nd to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Franco's is a favorite with the food, well made cocktails and personalized service. The seafood is wonderful on a Friday evening and the pasta is always cooked al dente to perfection. The only drawback this time were some children running wild through the restaurant. Certainly the parents were at fault but somehow the wait service should direct the children back to their table. Neverthless the night was a success and we enjoyed the evening after the children departed with their parents.Special Features:
- Always Great!!etz555VIPDined on 6/20/2014Franco's is consistently good. Food is always wonderful and service is outstanding. The best part is that you always feel welcome and valued as a customer. Substitutions are never a problem and they are always happy to oblige. Great wine list. Just a comfortable place. Family run and it shows.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014It was my first time dining here, and we brought our dad there for Father's Day. The owner was very attentive (reached out as soon as I made the reservation on Opentable) to make sure we were all set. The staff was friendly and the food was very good. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- great family restaurantTavrofanVIPDined on 6/6/2014Their warm friendly service made our birthday gathering really enjoyable. This place is great for family dining. Portion is generous. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the Franco's Metro Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Mother's day dinnerjcfamilyDined on 5/11/2014They were extremely accommodating..The hostess was fantastic! Food was fresh and delicious. Prices were reasonable. .All in all a great mother's day dinner! Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/2/2014My family has been dining at Franco's for years. It's our weekly Friday night ritual and we have had many special lunches and dinners there. The food is great and the staff is warm and attentive. We recommend it highly!Special Features:
- Great Local SpotbarbDined on 4/4/2014Great place for pizza and mussels or full dinner!!! Food is always good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service!!JuliaGulia11Dined on 4/2/2014It was the first time I've ever been to Franco's and I thought it was such a nice atmosphere. From the minute I walked through the door, the service was great! My best friend and I were greeted very nicely and sat down immediately. We ordered appetizers and a bottle of wine to start. Not only did we get our appetizer, the manager gave us an appetizer on the house which was a delicious bruschetta. We also got warm bread with butter. The calamari was delicious too! I'm not sure why we got a free appetizer, because like I said, it was my first time there. I ordered the veal parmigiana and it was the best I had ever had. I give this place 5 stars overall! Definitely check out Franco's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real thingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014The food was amazing--the real thing! Fabulous wine list and our server Leo is the ideal waiter. I wish there more restaurants like this, but, I guess that's what makes it so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Franco'sCastleDined on 3/8/2014Friends had recommended it for years and we finally went. Broad menu including some dishes I haven't seen anywhere else. Healthy options which is unusual for an Italian restaurant. Everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming. Food above average and large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, reasonable prices,travelerDined on 3/8/2014Honored reservation and we were seated right away . Waiter was terrific suggesting food and wine. Food came quickly and was great. Four of were very pleased as we sat for quite awhile enjoying the food and each other. It was very busy and a little noisy but we would certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, even better serviceSippingsisterVIPDined on 3/6/2014As a city kid, I'm not used to finding good restaurants in strip malls, so just imagine my delight when I found this place. First, they were so kind. My dining companion was an 80+ yr old, who uses a walker. Amazingly, not only was the restaurant fully accessible - that includes the restrooms- the staff was incredibly generous with their time. So good service, kind service goes pretty far in my book. As for the lunch - standard Italian fare - eggplant, veal, chicken, shrimp parmesan, pizzas - both personal and family size. I had a Greek salad with grilled chicken. A simple dish in which fresh ingredients are vital. Everything was fresh. And I'd like to give a shout out to the bar. Great beer selection. And yes, I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food -Great MartinisDooneVIPDined on 3/1/2014Everyone in our group loved their meals. I had the crab cakes- delish!! Though we had to wait for our table, the bartender made us the most perfect martinis- really cold and generous- so we didn't mind waiting, One of the servers actually came out to offer those waiting garlic knots with marinara..nice touch. I really wish that Francos was in my neighborhood instead of 30 minutes away, but I look forward to returning soon nevertheless.Special Features:
- RecentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Only recently did I find this neighborhood restaurant but with the tasty menu, great beverages and superior service, it's now a favorite! Suggest you try it out and experience it for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good italian foodLad50VIPDined on 1/29/2014Found this place at the last minute and had a work group meet there for dinner. Place is in a strip center, and kind of hard to find, but the food is really good, and the service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where customer service reignsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Our group was definitely impressed with the superior customer service, from the hostess to the waiter. After the hostess introduced some featured wines and we asked about a specific offering, the waiter brought to the table a glass and poured some so our guest could taste before ordering a full glass - well done! Food is fabulous, tasty and not over salted. Nice big booths make it comfortable. I never knew this place existed but it's now on my favorite list! P.S. thanks to the chef for the unexpected flatbread!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoy Francos…especially1njgalVIPDined on 1/5/2014We enjoy Francos…especially if you want a fabulous margarita pizza! One of the best pizzas in Bergen County. Service is always great…cozy ambiance. Extensive menu with many specials, but we often prefer a great salad or appetizer and share a large pie. Very welcoming…highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite place in the areakarenjVIPDined on 11/1/2013This gem is a wonderfully friendly restaurant with reasonably priced food, large portions, good drinks, and an easy, comfortable atmosphere. It's not fancy but it's every bit as good as much more expensive restaurants in the Ft. Lee area. I'm hesitant to write this as I don't want it to become impossibly crowded! Fish and seafood very fresh, pizza quite good, and when I get skinny I'm going to have veal parm. And they're happy to accommodate special requests.Special Features: