Francoluigi's High Note Café
1549 s 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Francoluigi's High Note Café
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.highnotecafe.com/
- Phone: 2157558903x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9 P.M. Piano OR Special events Opera & Dinner Or Concerts Please Call : / Thursday 6 to 10:00 Italiano Nights with accordionist & Vocals singing italian favorites. / Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00 P.M. New JAZZ duo's or / trio's each week .. /Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm JAZZ romantic piano & vocals
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: PhillySingingChef Franco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Franco 2157558903x
- Entertainment: Live Piano , Singing servers & Chef Wednesdays& Thursdays Live JAZZ 6 to 10 PM Friday Italian Singing Night, Saturday & Sunday Piano with Singers ,Servers( OPERA ) Great entrees Veal-Seafood-Chicken Personal Gourmet Pizzas & lot more...
- Special Events: 5 course Dinner
A word from Francoluigi's High Note Café
Francoluigi's 1982 / HighNote Café/Stage is the Only Italian restaurant in South Philadelphia with Live Music & Singing Chef Franco, Also Serving Homemade Southern Italian cuisine. Now serving Wine, Beer and Cocktails. Now House Red or White Wine $10.99 carafe and all Bottle Wine $23.00 eachContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Francoluigi's High Note Café reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent! Love this place!MargauxDined on 8/1/2014This place is a gem! The server was great, the food was excellent and the live music while we ate was so much fun. A true Italian family owned feel. Love everything about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A truly great Italian mealTarzansgirlVIPDined on 5/29/2014Calamari that melts in your mouth....pasta perfectly l dente....the best veal parmigiana in town...light as a feather gnocchi. This meal was GREAT! And you won't believe how great a value the $13.99 carafe of house red is. The waiter was a total sweetie. I can't believe it took me 15 years of living in Phillt to attend this place!Special Features:
- Great food, great musicKateVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a great time and great meals at High Note. The service was excellent and the music was a perfect accompaniment to a terrific meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music and good Italian foodEhoop20Dined on 5/16/2014I can't wait for my next trip to High Note. The live music was great and the food was good too. I loved the whole scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 198 reviews are from the Francoluigi's High Note Café reviews archive.
- Away too longOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2014We hadn't been to Franco and Luigi's for years. While visiting a friend at Methodist Hospital, we decided to go back and will not stop this time. As good as ever. Love the atmosphere, excellent food and people.Special Features:
- South Philly stylehungryVIPDined on 4/5/2014This is a true neighborhood gem. The food is delicious and the music makes the experience even better.Special Features:
- A real gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2014Have been here several times-food and service consistently good. Ambience fun- live music wed-sunSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high note for High NotesailbyteDined on 3/22/2014We went there on the recommendation of a friend. The specials were very good; although one of us had the pizza -- which was good, but not extra special. The big disappointment was that we were expecting the waiters to sing Opera (as the friend who recommended the place suggested); but we learned that the Opera singing was only on occasional nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiNiNiNiVIPDined on 3/15/2014It was very enjoyable listening to the live music, there was a piano player playing jazz. They had a singer later on and a couple of other people playing instruments. Not too loud to have a conversation. They have a special with salad, any entree on the menu and dessert for $25 per person. Carafe of wine around $16. All four of us enjoyed the food. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was such a great placeScenic18Dined on 3/7/2014This restaurant made a special night for my girl and I even more so. I'm looking forward to getting back there one day.Special Features:
- Best Italian food ever!!!MikeCDined on 2/15/2014This was the best Italian food I've ever eaten and the service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/17/2014I first had dinner at High Note in October of 2013 when friends took me there for my birthday and I was hooked! The food was wonderful, the service was friendly, and the atmosphere was upbeat. They have music on the weekends and its perfect for the place. I have been there four times since and it has been equally as good every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2014I went here once in college and could not remember the name, but the pasta dish I had stuck in my memory forever. Finally, almost seven years later, I remembered the name and instantly planned a return. I was NOT disappointed...the ambiance is wonderful and the music is so great. I do miss the opera-singing waiters, though...please bring them back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and jazzSiepiRameyDined on 12/21/2013My third time at High Note and the food was great again. A smallish room with two levels, I had their Pearl Fishers seafood dish, calamari appetizer and almond cake dessert. Excellent food 3 times in a row. I greatly enjoy the jazz here as well. Three different groups have all been great. I highly recommend and each person I have gone with has the same feeling. I parked at the Fountain at Passyunk Square and found that the valet parking was a good option. Bravi tuttiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fun and Food!SuzanneDined on 11/21/2013I took a friend who was never to Philly here, I wanted to take her to experience a real philadelphia restaurant where she would get to experience the great food and people this city. We have a super fun time. Excellent food to go along the great music. Couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- Real South Philly!PatsySueDined on 9/27/2013Love the service and the food and the feel of the High Note, but the music is too loud. Unable to carry on a conversation at the table. Personally, I prefer opera singing wait staff, but I understand that is not what brings people in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and live jazz.AnnetteDined on 9/21/2013We came to the restaurant expecting to hear Opera as we had not been there in a long time and in previous visits, the restaurant featured opera. We were seated next to the music which was very loud and asked to have our table moved as we would not be able to hear each other if we stayed in that location. They were able to accomodate us. The prices were considerably higher than we remembered, especially the appetizers. The food was very good. Wine prices were also good. There definitely was a problem having a conversation when the live jazz music was playing. The waiter was very friendly as was management. We thought the food was great but a little too expensive.Special Features:
- We go here to see our musicianstrawberryVIPDined on 9/14/2013We go here to see our musician friends perform but they do serve some good Italian favorites and are usually warm and friendly. The house wine is a good deal too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/7/2013The food was outstanding, as usual! However, the Opera singing was gone replaced by a very loud piano & cello player! The noise level was very loud and it was hard to have a conversation with the person next to you! They need to bring back the opera singers and soft piano music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJimboDined on 8/17/2013Great dining experience. The service was fantastic and the food even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Mediocre!!!StephenVIPDined on 8/16/2013From the fresh baked rolls drizzled with olive oil and fresh herbs to the chocolate mousse cake and all points in between. I've been here more than 15 times and I'm still amazed every time. When I saw that the menu had changed I was worried (FOR ABOUT A HALF A SECOND!!!). Don't worry veterans, the hot Italian sausage and broccoli rabe appetizer is still intact!! There are so many wonderful additions, you just can't go wrong!! Don't miss the Clams Casino, they'll renew your faith in mankind!! Whether come on a classical or a jazz night, you'll thoroughly enjoy yourself at the High Note Café!!!Special Features:
- A Philly Classic2fordinnerDined on 8/11/2013The High Note is a gem. The food is classic, well prepared Italian fare....and they give you plenty. If you need a fix of terrific Italian food you don't need to look any further. In addition the opera singing waitstaff or the Sunday piano man are sure to entertain. Everyone is pleasant and attentive !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!4theloveoffoodDined on 8/10/2013I find the food to be the best in South Philly. Everything is great- pasta,pizza appetizers. I even had fish that was delicious. I think the service is excellent. I love the music but find that if you are trying to have a conversation it is a bit too loud for a small place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertainment Included!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2013The food was great and they had wonderful entertainment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cabaret show and a great dinnerkatfishDined on 7/24/2013I knew that the Broadway Bash show was going to be terrific, but I never expected the excellent dinner that preceeded it. The food was high quality with excellent preparation. House wines offered were generously poured and wines by the bottle specially priced. Most "dinner theater" venues treat food as an afterthought, not here. We attended for the show , but will definitely return for the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful dinenr.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/13/2013We had a wonderful dinenr. Anthony our server was great! I like the fact that all wine bottles are priced at $23.Special Features:
- Always a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2013My husband and I have been coming there for the 4th time for our anniversary. We know the food will be good and there will be good entertainment. What a good place to go to and its local too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpinionVictorDined on 6/26/2013It was my first time there and was a great night out. The waiter "Antny" (Anthony) was a pleasure. He had that South Philly humor and laughed with us even when we were breakin' them. He made our night as much as the good food and the entertainment. A good all round combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotBennyDined on 6/16/2013Took the wife here on our anniversary. Great food and great service from Anthony. Piano player was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual!TfosterDined on 6/16/2013Love this neighborhood gem! Awesome food, service, and atmosphere!Special Features:
- Very good, fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2013This is a great little neighborhood restaurant. Enter through the pizza parlor to the dining area in the back. A pianist was playing jazz and singing show tunes, Sinatra, etc. Very good!!! The food....., ahh the food. It was great. Pasta dishes were excellent with complimentary sauces(not drowned). Portions were large so that we all took home leftovers. For dessert, one of my dining friends said the cannolli was the best one he's ever had. Prices were not bad at all. No opera singing the night we were there, so we WILL return for that. Very cool place!!!Special Features:
- a little differentParkDined on 6/1/2013ppreciate the local ambience. .loved hearing Sinatra songs sung live..my husband said three times how good is veal cutlet wasSpecial Features:
- FabulousBarbLDined on 5/19/2013Not much more one can say. Food was superb, service excellent, entertainment top notch. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- Wow. We were delighted withHappyDined on 5/10/2013Wow. We were delighted with the restaurant and the singing of the wait staff! The food was just fine, but the whole experience was really fabulous. I almost hate to write a good review, since I would love to keep this a secret so we can always get a table. However, that's not fair to the restaurant, the staff and other diners.Special Features:
- Great combination of goodfoodtravelerDined on 4/27/2013Great combination of good food, and singing servers. The jazz was okay, but the servers made the night. Without the good food, however, who would care - the total package is what makes The High Note Cafe special. I'd recommend it.Special Features:
- Overall good experience -OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2013Overall good experience - until we got the check and saw that we were charged for a second cup of coffe! Very tacky for a fairly expensive meal! We will not return, nor will we recommend High Note to friends.Special Features:
- Enjoy Your TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013I loved the relax feel of the place. The overall atmosphere was comfortable and the food tasty. Service was excellent and the singing certainly added a plus to the overall night.Special Features:
- great restaurant for ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013great restaurant for Italian food and music while you dine. If you love opera singing it will be for you. The waiters song and were great as waiters also, very attentative. this is a good place for a special occasion and something different. Food was great. We had Family Plan for # 4 people with #5 courses. Great food and more than enough for the #4 of us. We had to take some home.Special Features:
- The unique draw here is theluv2dineoutVIPDined on 1/10/2013The unique draw here is the singing servers (they are excellent) and the great Italian food. Their portions are very large and great for sharing. If you are 4 or more, they have a special family style meal, reasonably priced and very good. From your favorite pasta dishes, to seafood, and great pizza, everything we have had has been excellent. It is an intimate dining room and very enjoyable. When in South Philadelphia and looking for a fun evening & great food, don't miss the High Note Cafe.Special Features:
- We always enjoy the food andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/21/2012We always enjoy the food and music. Helped to make our daughter's birthday celebration memorable. We'll be back!Special Features: