Franco Italian Bistro
10160 Forest Hill Blvd #130
Wellington, FL 33414Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Franco Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.francoitalianbistro.com/
- Phone: 5616151551
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Saturday: 12:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday- Saturday: 3pm - 10pm; Sunday: 4pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Franco Italian Bistro
An Italian getaway, right around the corner! Located in the heart of Florida’s polo community, Franco Italian Bistro is proud to call Wellington Florida, home. Franco Bistro prides itself on providing its guests with an unparalleled and memorable Italian dining experience. From the fresh, quality ingredients that are passionately laid into the foundation of our dishes, to the warm and inviting smiles of our experienced and conscientious staff, we invite you to join us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Franco Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Amazing Italiandcass5256Dined on 10/3/2014We love Franco's! We brought my Mom here for her birthday, my Dad and Mom are regulars, and it was amazing as usual. The food is so delicious and it's the authentic Italian that you can't always find locally. We had Gilbert as a server, he is great. It was delicious and lovely evening. Thank you!Special Features:
- great. birthday dinnerJaneVIPDined on 9/28/2014Sie staff here makes everything fun Paul is a delight we had a wonderful birthday dinner complete with a complimentary bottle of bubbles and enjoyed every bite and SipSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerWellingtonDined on 9/10/2014The food was excellent, however the service was terrible - the restaurant wasn't even that busy. There were several empty tables. We asked for bread 3 times. Once it arrived we had to ask twice for olive oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014The food and service at Franco's is always excellent! It is family owned and run....and you feel like family when you are there.Special Features:
- Excellent foodginacVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great atmosphere and great food! Delicious menu and service was great - waiter was very helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodysDined on 8/23/2014the food and service were excellent. owner was very attentive with good suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ManagementDisrespectedDined on 8/22/2014Terrible manager. We left an 18% tip and were chastised by the manager for not leaving more than 20%. That means the server complained to the manager. In NYC a server would be fired on the spot for doing that.
- Better First Time I WentJMMHVIPDined on 8/20/2014I went to this restaurant two years ago and the food was outstanding. This time everything was over salted and there were four of us who thought so. Most likely will not go back. Perfectly good food ruined from over salting.
- Great neighbor gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Food was very good and you cannot beat the summer special dinner. Otherwise prices are a bit high but would recommend Franco to a friend and definitely would have dinner there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectSamCDined on 7/2/2014Great food, great service, and it's nice to have a place like this in the neighborhood. The presentation is excellent and their special three course meal is terrific at $25 during the summertime. If I had to give it a negative it would be their selection of teas after our delicious meal. Restaurants always make such a big deal about serving a great cup of coffee but we tea drinkers are given a tea chest filled with an assortment of grocery store teas.. Lucky for me I carry a few bags of Republic of Tea's better teas. How sad that we are treated as 2nd class citizens! Otherwise, it's a keeperSpecial Features:
- The following 145 reviews are from the Franco Italian Bistro reviews archive.
- decent, not greatfoodmeisterDined on 6/23/2014Took twenty minutes for a server to even come to the table. He blamed the owner. It wasn't busy at all. Once we were served it was fine. Food was decent, not great. Pricey for the level of quality. Might try again, but it's not going to make it if that experience for other diners is universal.
- Summer menu at Francos is greatJaneVIPDined on 5/21/2014We had a nice meal at Francos.There is a prix Fix menu of 3 courses for $25.00 which was lovely.I enjoyed the Chicken escarole soup and a lovely Veal Marsala .I finished with a chocolate filled mouse Profiterole. My dinner companion had Carpaccio of beef . We had a great Super Tuscan as an accompaniment. All together it was $60.00 range .Special Features:
- Delicious, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014We decided to go to Franco's for Mother's Day Dinner, and were so glad we did.The food was excellent, as always. We shared a special app of mozzarella with tomato and balsamic with arugula on the side. It was heavenly! We also shared fried calimari, which disappeared in minutes! I loved the special branzino with artichokes, and my hubby got Franco's equivalent of veal marsala with a side of pasta-both delish. One of my boys enjoyed his penne a la vodka, and another his pizza. We were too full for dessert! We ate outside (before the weather becomes prohibitive), which was most pleasant. We were also pleased that the service was excellent, given that it was a busy evening for dinner. The food and service will keep us coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary S.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014This was not our first time dining here. We love the quaintness of this place. The staff is friendly, and food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goldieDined on 4/26/2014always agreat meal, good service, never had a bad meal hereSpecial Features:
- Consistant establishmenteatineddieVIPDined on 4/14/2014Have eaten here several times and have NEVER been dissapointed regarding both food and service.. We look forward to many more visits...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Restaurant fHermnDined on 4/1/2014This a very nice restaurant especially for a special occasion. The inside dinning was very nice especially since it was not busy. Food was good and service even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything about it!shrinkDined on 3/19/2014Loved everything about it! Great place to bring a first date or go on any date! JudySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceGaryVIPDined on 3/15/2014Brought friens this time and they loved it. Great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- this timejossstrowVIPDined on 3/7/2014we have eaten here several times and this was not our best experience. Service could have been better and the noise level was extremely loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014We stopped going about a year ago because of poor service and a terrible waiter. We heard the waiter left so we deceided to give it another chance since the food was always very good. We were not dissapointed. Our reservation was honored within 10 min,our waiter Robert,was excellent and the food and service were top notch. We had guests and they enjoyed,thank goodness. Only negative was noise level but,you could still talk to each other,unlike too many restaurants in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at 7:30OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/10/2014Noise level was low . this made the evening very pleasantSpecial Features:
- If they are not going to beOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/2/2014If they are not going to be open when a reservation is accepted they need to change their site. We made reservations and when we showed up they were not open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but disappointingLikeRealitalianDined on 1/31/2014After eating at this restaurant several times, I thought it would be a great place for my Wife's birthday. what we got was a poor experience. First off, the food here is always good, I have no complaints there. The service was ok, our waiter was friendly and mostly helpful, but not outstanding. I got the impression other tables were more important to him. The support staff needs some work, the server with the water jug, walked by us several time without refilling any glasses, then when he finally did, he missed mine and attempts to wave him down were futile. All in all, I would go back with a small party (4 or less), but not with a larger group. This dinner was for my wife's birthday and it was disappointing at best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good local diningeatineddieVIPDined on 1/29/2014everything here was several levels above average...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitstaff was wonderful. Foodgearedup2Dined on 1/11/2014Waitstaff was wonderful. Food very good. A generous pour for the wine. Would recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2014Found Franco's a wonderful experience -- sat at the bar for dinner where the service was outstanding. The menu offered some great choices. The food was prepared perfectly and delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/1/2014This is our second time at this neighborhood restaurant. We have enjoyed everything we have ordered. The service has been consistently good. We love that it's casually elegant and not stuffy. One note: The description states that the dress code is casua, I believel. You will see polo shirts on men, and indeed, some lighter-colored jeans. However, I've seen shorts only in their patio dining (dinner). Most of the diners have been wearing business casual. My husband, wearing dark jeans and a polo shirt, still felt under-dressed.Special Features:
- DinnerCocoDined on 12/20/2013The owner did not like a comment made and walked away from our table very angrySpecial Features:
- Great find in WellingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/14/2013This was our third time at Francos and we have enjoyed it every time we went. Great menu and specials. This time we had the pleasure of the owners daughter spending some time chatting with us..She is adorable and knowledgible . If you love Italian food you will love Francos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitaBbdjjdDined on 12/7/2013We were met with open arms by Rita and her family. Food was great pasta very fresh, and we had many different types. Then followed up by delicious tiramisu and Napoleon. Rita was the best as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Services slow both for drinksDrJackDined on 12/7/2013Services slow both for drinks and food. Had to ask for water, bread numerous times. Food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodRichDined on 11/3/2013It was a beautiful Fall evening so my wife and I decided to dine "al fresco". The wait staff was friendly and attentive. The food was as advertised and made fresh. The Tuscan bread is baked on premise and was delicious. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood bistro...but....JoshDined on 11/3/2013As a first time visitor to Franco's, I was impresseed with the ambience of the outdoor seating area with candles on the tables as well as the pleasent decor inside. Very tasteful and comfortable. The food was exellent and our server (Giovanni) was very good and helpful. However, they also have a bar area adjacent to the dining room, and there were a couple patrons watching a sports event and they were shouting extremely loudly...being obnoxious...giving the experience more of a rowdy sports bar feel, and much less the romantic, cozy dinner I had hoped for. I might try Franco's again, but if the staff can't manage the environment any better than they did this night, it will be my last visit.Special Features:
- Love this placeLorenVIPDined on 8/24/2013What a find! My wife and I love this place and travel from Boca Raton to Wellington for the excellent food and service. The owner is personable and will accommodate special dietary needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food/ good valuesteveDined on 8/24/2013We enjoyed their summer menu that only charged $25 for salad, entree, and desert.Special Features:
- Romantic, but kid friendlyWolfDined on 8/23/2013Sea Bass was awesome, Chicken was juicy, not really in to the the skirt steak. Wine list was acceptable. Look forward to trying new dishes. Forced son not to get pizza, but the party next to us ordered and it looked great. Definitely will try at some point. Nice having a restaurant that's not a chain restaurant close by. Will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLorenVIPDined on 8/10/2013great food and service .I had the caeser salad and the wild salmon on the summertime menu and my wife had the skirt steak which she said was excellent. Summertime menu is 3 course dinner for $25/personSpecial Features:
- Pleasant evening at Franco'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2013Ate outdoor on a nice evening. Quiet compared to the inside which can be loud at times. Have been here a number of times and always happy with the food & service. Drinks are good and decent size. Rita (boss's daughter) is as good as you'll get anywhere for a server. We had their three course summer specials which were more than enough food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations were too high?ladydeeVIPDined on 8/8/2013Food was good but not great as I had been told by friends. Summer special dinner was a good value. However, the owner was not present that night and service was off so we were disappointed but can see the place has great potential . Three out of the four of us enjoyed what we had. However, We should have been told that there were no anchovies for the ceasar salad we ordered before we ordered it, instead of after it was delivered to the table. There were a few faux pas in the service that night but believe this is atypical and that it is usually better so we would give this another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.