7128 Spring Creek Rd.
Rockford, IL 61107Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.franchescos.com/
- Phone: 8152290800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:30pm-9:00pm Friday & Saturday 4:30pm-10:pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Franchesco's
Beauty, Innovation, and culinary perfection, only begin to describe Franchesco’s Ristorante. A new generation of Salamone’s and a finely tuned management and wait-staff ensemble, promise to deliver on our customers’ demanding expectations. Our continued strive towards excellence, will only ensure our ability to grow our Franchesco’s Ristorante family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Franchesco's - Best Restaurants in Rockford ›
Franchesco's reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)romantic (59)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (18)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (9)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Classy JointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Wonderful atmosphere, pianist in the middle of the room playing the entire night. Very comfortable seating. The food was wonderful, the only negative is good luck finding a meal with an appetizer for two under $50.Special Features:
- Great Night At Franchesco'saria3Dined on 10/10/2014It was my husband's birthday and we asked the waitress to "make a fuss" over him. She treated him like a king, even preparing Bananas Foster at our table for him. We brought friends who have never been to Franchesco's and the were very impressed. The food was excellent, the wine was top-notch, the waitress was so wonderful....even the trumpet player was fantastic and played a song just for our friends. The jazz band in Frankie's Lounge was outstanding. Overall, we couldn't have asked for a more satisfying and fun evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding *****asdf1234VIPDined on 10/10/2014Very comfortable and great flavorful food. Worth going.Special Features:
- Always a treatDebbieDined on 10/9/2014It is always a nice evening when we have dinner at Franchesco's. No complaints.Special Features:
- Not a happy camperHappydinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014The usual top notch experience definitely lacked on Friday. Stuck in the side upper level. Loud group behind us separated by a drawn curtain. No candle on the table till half down with dinner. Salad served before cocktails. Full meal and salads served, done and check paid in a RUSHED 45 minutes. Two servers instead of one. Not a good experience. Would rather have been told where seating was to be done. I would have waited for the main floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoJakeandCindyDined on 10/1/2014Walking in, the appearance was great. The piano player was outstanding and a nice touch. Our server Michael was awesome, very knowledgeable, friendly and perfect. The food was outstanding, generous portions and tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Food was delicious. Wait staff attentive but not hovering. Dinner was a little slow in coming out but would not have noticed as we were having a very pleasant evening except that we had a 16 son with us who is always starving.Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentpludsterDined on 9/26/2014Top notch food and atmosphere. Always treated with respect. Requested a booth, which we usually do, and had a very nice romantic dinner. The music is always a plus. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table selectionRoma4foodDined on 9/22/2014My husband had NEVER been to Francesco's before. We invited grandparents - who are in their 90's. The main dining area had - maybe - maybe eight to ten tables filled so it was rather empty. My in-laws arrived early and were seated when we came. My mother in law walks with a cane and is VERY unsteady on her feet - and again they are over 90 years old. We were seated at the furthest table - right next to the kitchen. There were many tables closer for her. And my view was the bright lights from the back. There we no atmosphere no ambiance no anything.... except for the bright lights and noise. Had I been with someone who was able to walk easily I would have demanded a new table. So that absolutely ruined our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in RockfordOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We really enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Franchesco's. The food was great, the service very attentive, the background music was nice, especially the trumpet player. We'll come back!Special Features:
- Franchesco's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We just love Franchesco's. We go at least 1 to 3 times a month. Great atmosphere, staff food!!! Prices are reasonable and you are well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemratpackdinoDined on 9/14/2014From the moment we walked in we were made to feel special. Great decor conducive to a romantic atmosphere. Choice of tables or a more private booth. Big wing-back chairs are as beautiful as the are comfortable. Lighting was just right and the waterfalls beautiful. Great music, not too loud. Great service, attentive but not overwhelming, and outstanding food. Cooked the steaks perfectly. Seafood was delicious. We will be coming back soon. I am from out of town but it was worth the drive. We can't say enough good things about Franchesco's. A real class act. It must be experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary BlissMelindaRDined on 9/13/2014We went to Franchesco's for our 5 year anniversary. We had dined there on our 2nd date and enjoyed it. We requested one of the U shaped booths as we had sat there years before. We arrived 10 minutes early and were seated right away where we had requested. The wait to be waited on was a little long but the server was very good and attentive when need be. We were delighted to be able to listen to a live piano player while we dined and minus a group of individuals who arrived drunk and were a bit loud and obnoxious our evening went well. Thank you to Franchesco's for making this a wonderful anniversary for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurantsweaver88Dined on 9/13/2014This was my girlfriend and my first time to Franchesco's. The two words I would use for the experience: perfect and exquisite. The food was amazing. The only downfall would be the price but your paying for the memories WHICH was worth the price in the end. One unique thing I got here was the waiter gave us what WE needed. With most sit down restaurants, they hound you, ask personal questions, try to be overly friendly just for a tip. Our waiter was there when we needed him and away when we didn't. It gave us more time to ourselves; more romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends8foodDined on 9/12/2014Entire group of 8 enjoyed the food and service was excellent! The parmesan tilapia and lasagna were our favorites dishes and portions were very generous. And the piano and trumpet music complimented the meal. Great experience!Special Features:
- Just Do Itasdf1234VIPDined on 9/10/2014Just do it and you will be glad you did. Over and beyond the flavorful food dining here is an experience. Our favorite is a table with high back chairs, not all tables have high backs. The booths are nice too but, we like the high back chairs you melt in them, I am talking major comfort.. There is a piano in the center that adds a super touch to the dining experience. Been around and this place is perfect.Special Features:
- NicePopperDined on 9/6/2014The food was very good. The only issue was we were rushed to eat our salads. The restaurant apologized and gave us dessert, so all ended well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary Dinneranniversarycouple2Dined on 9/6/2014We walked in the door, were seated promptly in a booth that we requested. Our waiter was very nice and friendly. He helped with choices. We had a nice, pleasant dinner for two. The bookbinder soup was superb, and the french onion soup was also superb. The shrimp with garlic noodles and a breath mint was very tasty (but the mint was not included.) The 15 lb lobster tail was flavorful, but I think it was a little too done and tough. Our service was excellent, AND - my husband "did" get his mint after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service spottyTKLZVIPDined on 9/6/2014We arrived with a reservation and were taken to our table quickly but we sat there for at least 10 - 15 minutes before anyone came over. No water, no bread, no one stopping by just to say they would be right with us. We saw tables around arrive after us and have bread and water brought to their tables. We have dined there before and really have enjoyed it so maybe it was an off night but the evening started and a down note. The food was god , we enjoyed out meal.Special Features:
- Too loudSuburbFoodiesVIPDined on 9/6/2014We went on a Saturday evening with some out of town guests. We had hoped to be able to visit. There was a piano and trumpet ensmeble playing right behind our table and there was a wedding on site in a private room. It was much too lud and did not provide the nice ambience that woudl have made for a pleasnat evening. The food and servce were good, but the noise level took away from what coudl have been a much better experience.
- Best Lasagna EverNomorecookingDined on 9/5/2014I had never been to dinner here, only lunch, so it was wonderful to experience the piano/horn duo. Their lasagna was heaven. The special bananas foster for the birthday guest was a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentGraybeardDined on 8/31/2014Food was fantastic, we always eat there when in RockfordSpecial Features:
- Absolutely Fantabulous!!!klwclwDined on 8/30/2014We came to celebrate a birthday. The food, atmosphere, service, everything made it a wonderful evening. We'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somethng Specialasdf1234VIPDined on 8/30/2014They know what they are doing. Not sure if their history but their present is outstanding. They are firing on all cylinders. Comfort, Ambiance, Food, Service, Price. Just excellent. There ae only two places in Rockford on Open table. This one is soft, quiet, dimly yet appropriately lit. Has elegance, a great bar, outdoor dining and banquet facilities. Great parking. Address does not show up in my GPS. Actually on the Corner of McFarland and Spring Creek Rd parallel and 1 block east of Perryville on the east side of Rockkford. You see Spring Creek rd ended at Perryville but the extended it 1 block to McFarland and address doesn't compute in any of my devices. Good thing I've been there before and it is totally worth going.Special Features:
- Classic Italian LuxuryOverdressedDined on 8/28/2014You almost expect the Rat Pack to walk in. The staff is excellent and the menu varied with a setting that makes you wish you wore a tuxedo.Special Features:
- JohnnySDined on 8/27/2014Great apps and dinner was delicious. Good atmosphere in the main dinning room. Service was great! Entertaining customers was a breeze.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate!FunFoodiesDined on 8/23/2014We brought my father-in-law and his wife to dinner here to celebrate his birthday and we all loved the food, environment, live music and service! The chicken madeira, filet, salmon and lobster were all perfection. We'll be back for another special event!Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Good food, great experence. We went there for our anaversery and had a great romainic dinner. They have great live music playing, but not too loud that you can not talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHappydinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Been here so many times, I cannot count. Waited for table. Seated in side room. Waited over 30 minutes for entre. Server not congenial. Had to discuss options to personalize meal. (almost argue). Guess we cannot depend on consistency here either.
- PeteDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent and the service was pretty good. The atmosphere is very nice but conversation was very difficult, primarily because the piano was close by and being played quite loudly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with the exception of......OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014When we asked for outdoor dining the response was no and somewhat curt. The prime rib was all gone by 7:00. Tuna was good, but served still cool in the middle.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in townRoadWarriorVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is my third time eating at Francesco's and every single time has been absolutely wonderful. The food is always delicious, the service courteous, accommodating, and fast. There is outdoor seating available in good weather and periodically there is live music on the patio. I love everything about this restaurant and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- GreatworththecaloriesDined on 7/24/2014Great food great service great experience. Thankful we have a restaurant like Francesco's in Rockford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closed the Deal!!DealCloserDined on 7/22/2014Brought a Customer here for lunch while in Contract Negotiations, between the amazing food and great Wine, the Customer was in cloud 9. The Staff was superb and the overall experience was splendid. By the end of our meal, the Customer was eager to close the deal and sign the Contract. Bring our Client to Franchesco's was a win-win.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerGreat4pizzaDined on 7/19/2014I decided to take my girl friend out somewhere very nice for our anniversary and I choose to surprise her with Franchesco's. We both like the restaurant very much but live quite a ways away. Very glad I choose Franchesco's, it was a big hit!!!!Special Features:
- Franchesco's offers stellar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We had such a wonderful dining experience at Franchesco's! The service was excellent, with knowledgeable, friendly staff. The beautiful music created romantic ambience, and I cannot wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperiencecatchmeDined on 7/12/2014Franchesco's is a diamond in the rough. The food was delicious. Service prompt and friendly. Live music added great ambiance and romance.Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience in Rockford!NothingButTheBestDined on 7/6/2014My girlfriend & I came in this weekend to mark the anniversary of our first date at your restaurant. The experience was nothing short of superb! Eric was our waiter, who was very accommodating & the food he recommended was delicious. We ordered the coconut shrimp for our appetizer, the seafood risotto for our entree, & the tiramisu for dessert with a glass of Chateau St. Michelle Riesling & a cup of espresso to compliment the whole dining experience. The decor & ambiance of the restaurant could be best described as romantic & luxurious. I would definitely recommend this establishment to anyone who is looking for a nice, quiet night out with a group or a romantic evening with a significant other. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!luvgoodeatsDined on 7/5/2014We visit Francesco's a few times a year, and it never disappoints. The warm atmosphere is great for a romantic dinner for two or for a special occasion dinner for a group. The live music in the dining room adds a first-class touch. The waitstaff is very attentive and friendly. Will definitely keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerValuedinersDined on 6/29/2014We had a very nice evening. The food was excellent, we weren't rushed and the tables were far enough apart to be private. Very classy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.