7128 Spring Creek Rd.
Rockford, IL 61107Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.franchescos.com/
- Phone: 8152290800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:30pm-9:00pm Friday & Saturday 4:30pm-10:pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Franchesco's
Beauty, Innovation, and culinary perfection, only begin to describe Franchesco’s Ristorante. A new generation of Salamone’s and a finely tuned management and wait-staff ensemble, promise to deliver on our customers’ demanding expectations. Our continued strive towards excellence, will only ensure our ability to grow our Franchesco’s Ristorante family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Franchesco's - Best Restaurants in Rockford ›
Franchesco's reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)romantic (61)good for groups (29)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (24)fit for foodies (22)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (21)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (15)late-night find (11)scenic view (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Absolutely Fantabulous!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We came to celebrate a birthday. The food, atmosphere, service, everything made it a wonderful evening. We'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somethng Specialasdf1234VIPDined on 8/30/2014They know what they are doing. Not sure if their history but their present is outstanding. They are firing on all cylinders. Comfort, Ambiance, Food, Service, Price. Just excellent. There ae only two places in Rockford on Open table. This one is soft, quiet, dimly yet appropriately lit. Has elegance, a great bar, outdoor dining and banquet facilities. Great parking. Address does not show up in my GPS. Actually on the Corner of McFarland and Spring Creek Rd parallel and 1 block east of Perryville on the east side of Rockkford. You see Spring Creek rd ended at Perryville but the extended it 1 block to McFarland and address doesn't compute in any of my devices. Good thing I've been there before and it is totally worth going.Special Features:
- Classic Italian LuxuryOverdressedDined on 8/28/2014You almost expect the Rat Pack to walk in. The staff is excellent and the menu varied with a setting that makes you wish you wore a tuxedo.Special Features:
- JohnnySDined on 8/27/2014Great apps and dinner was delicious. Good atmosphere in the main dinning room. Service was great! Entertaining customers was a breeze.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate!FunFoodiesDined on 8/23/2014We brought my father-in-law and his wife to dinner here to celebrate his birthday and we all loved the food, environment, live music and service! The chicken madeira, filet, salmon and lobster were all perfection. We'll be back for another special event!Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Good food, great experence. We went there for our anaversery and had a great romainic dinner. They have great live music playing, but not too loud that you can not talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHappydinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Been here so many times, I cannot count. Waited for table. Seated in side room. Waited over 30 minutes for entre. Server not congenial. Had to discuss options to personalize meal. (almost argue). Guess we cannot depend on consistency here either.
- PeteDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent and the service was pretty good. The atmosphere is very nice but conversation was very difficult, primarily because the piano was close by and being played quite loudly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with the exception of......OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014When we asked for outdoor dining the response was no and somewhat curt. The prime rib was all gone by 7:00. Tuna was good, but served still cool in the middle.Special Features:
- GreatworththecaloriesDined on 7/24/2014Great food great service great experience. Thankful we have a restaurant like Francesco's in Rockford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closed the Deal!!DealCloserDined on 7/22/2014Brought a Customer here for lunch while in Contract Negotiations, between the amazing food and great Wine, the Customer was in cloud 9. The Staff was superb and the overall experience was splendid. By the end of our meal, the Customer was eager to close the deal and sign the Contract. Bring our Client to Franchesco's was a win-win.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerGreat4pizzaDined on 7/19/2014I decided to take my girl friend out somewhere very nice for our anniversary and I choose to surprise her with Franchesco's. We both like the restaurant very much but live quite a ways away. Very glad I choose Franchesco's, it was a big hit!!!!Special Features:
- Franchesco's offers stellar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We had such a wonderful dining experience at Franchesco's! The service was excellent, with knowledgeable, friendly staff. The beautiful music created romantic ambience, and I cannot wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperiencecatchmeDined on 7/12/2014Franchesco's is a diamond in the rough. The food was delicious. Service prompt and friendly. Live music added great ambiance and romance.Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience in Rockford!NothingButTheBestDined on 7/6/2014My girlfriend & I came in this weekend to mark the anniversary of our first date at your restaurant. The experience was nothing short of superb! Eric was our waiter, who was very accommodating & the food he recommended was delicious. We ordered the coconut shrimp for our appetizer, the seafood risotto for our entree, & the tiramisu for dessert with a glass of Chateau St. Michelle Riesling & a cup of espresso to compliment the whole dining experience. The decor & ambiance of the restaurant could be best described as romantic & luxurious. I would definitely recommend this establishment to anyone who is looking for a nice, quiet night out with a group or a romantic evening with a significant other. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!luvgoodeatsDined on 7/5/2014We visit Francesco's a few times a year, and it never disappoints. The warm atmosphere is great for a romantic dinner for two or for a special occasion dinner for a group. The live music in the dining room adds a first-class touch. The waitstaff is very attentive and friendly. Will definitely keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerValuedinersDined on 6/29/2014We had a very nice evening. The food was excellent, we weren't rushed and the tables were far enough apart to be private. Very classy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great dinning experienceJLMandSMMDined on 6/27/2014From the moment you pull up and park the anticipation of the evening begins, when you walk through the front entry you welcomed with genuine warmth you are made to feel that you are important and valued , the bar speeks for itself, the dinning room is superb, the staff is impeccable, the menu is spot on, the flavor really pulls through every dish. If you are ever dissatisfied in anyway you will be accommodated .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- N.Y. StripLimosineMikeDined on 6/26/2014I entertained some clients at your restaurant and the overall experience was very positive. The service was excellent and the food was very good. I personally had the N.Y. strip and I found the taste to be a little off. It was cooked to my liking ( med. rare) but it wasn't the best I've ever had, perhaps aging? The wine tasting in the entrance was a nice touch. I purchased a $100.00 gift certificate for a gift for a friend in the future and would definitely recommend your restaurant.Special Features:
- Very satisfiedSgmgriderDined on 6/21/2014We travel 100 miles to meet friends for dinner and selected Franchesco's for reviews on both Open Table and Yelp and both were spot on correct with their recommending reviews. The location, service and food selection was perfect for our group of four. These guys are the real deal and I have put them on my short list of fine dinning and a real gem you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- June fancy outingmovinonDined on 6/21/2014Was a lovely evening with good friends each celebrating something. Mostly wanted to talk and be together in a nice atmosphere. Food was wonderful ....especially the signature soup! No disappointed comments were made. Waiter had to be artful about getting orders since there was a lot of talking going on. Excellent music that night.....live piano + trumpet! Were sorry to leave....will do it again, hopefully soon. Waiter seemed a bit inexperienced but was very nice. Some of the dishes ordered were Salad Francesca with blue cheese crumbles, Veal tips with rice, Sea Bass. Not sure what else. On couple split a dish and each got a generous 1/2 salad. Coffee cups were generous. Perfect place for a reunion dinner with friends who like to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Dinner with FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Our family spent the day at the funeral and burial of my husband's mother. I thought Franchesco's would be a great spot to unwind after a long, exhausting day.. I was so right. What a wonderful evening we had. Our server was one of the best I've ever had. Not only was he attentive to the needs of the adults, he treated the baby in our party like a little prince. Once he found out why we were there, he was so compassionate and empathetic. Our food was excellent and exactly as ordered. But, it was our server who made the evening so special. We all agreed we will come back to Franchesco's for special occasions or just a night out. Thank you for making the end of a rough day so enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great AtmospherethepopeDined on 6/18/2014I've been to Franchesco's for luncheons, family dinners, and functions. This was an anniversary dinner for two and was a great choice. White linen, pleasant wait staff, good food. Live Piano music made for a fantastic dining experience. There is an outdoor deck and a bar as well, that we did not check out, but both looked excellent for a summer evening dinner.Special Features:
- Hat policyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2014Don't much care for the no hat policy. As a cancer survivor, my head gets cold. And I don't like being patronized/told to take my hat off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day dinnerGRUMPYDined on 6/15/2014Good food on special occasion. The seats were comfortable and the prices reasonable.ihave been there many times before and will go again. The bookbinders soup was excellent.Special Features:
- Fair but priceyRealItialianDined on 6/14/2014We arrived a few minutes before our reservation was told that we would have a short wait. We visited the bar and ordered drinks. the staff was nice but after fifteen minutes still no drinks and we had been called to our table. The drinks arrived as we were being seated. the menu is not overly large so choosing what to eat was simple. We had scallop appetizer very good a bit underdone, and only two scallop's not worth the fifteen dollar price tag. Both entree's were good although again portion size is small. Very nice place to visit for a special occasion, but to pricey for the average person to frequent on a regular basis. But a special occasion it is nice.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDebbieDined on 6/14/2014We chose Franchesco's because it is romantic and the food is great. The service is second to none. We had a great dinner.Special Features:
- Fantastic Find!addictedtotravelDined on 6/8/2014Honestly, we were a little nervous about finding a good place to eat when we arrived at our hotel in Rockford. I had found Franchesco's online and we decided to give it a try. It's a stunning restaurant with an old school Italian vibe. I loved the ambiance. It's very romantic, quiet and charming. Our waiter was so young! But, he was polite, helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. We really enjoyed talking to him. The food was fabulous. We had bacon wrapped shrimp to start that was excellent. My husband had the Boursin filet and it was perfectly done. I had baked penne with meatballs that was also excellent. We really enjoyed our experience at Franchesco's. If we ever go back to Rockford we will for sure dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killed by the DJ!MichelleVIPDined on 6/7/2014We walked in and had very high hopes. The photos on line show white table clothes and water features. At first it was exactly as we had thought. We were sitting there enjoying what I felt was very good food and having a conversation when suddenly the thunder of the DJ started shaking the joint. As it turned out there was a wedding reception in the next room. This would not have bothered me had it been say 9 or 10 pm, but it was 645pm. I wonder what it would have been like to sit there for the entire meal with this thunderous racket? I am disappointed for sure. Perhaps a Sunday night would be safer.... but is that really a date night?
- wonderful presentationOpenTableBDFVIPDined on 6/7/2014we loved the ambiance and the chef inspired specials (salmon with rhubarb - yum) and the room and the piano / trumpet player on this saturday night was a very nice surprise. THe service was so-so -- obviously a new server because my appetizer came long after my husband's was finished. Plus i would have like to see a wine list because the house wines were not the best but none was offered.Special Features:
- exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014My wife and I visited your restaurant on our 21st anniversary. The food was excellent, the service was outstanding. The food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Business Dinnerloude1117Dined on 6/5/2014Franchesco's continues to be a great restaurant in the Rockford area for me to have business dinners in a very relaxing atmosphere . Good food good service ,friendly staff.Special Features:
- mrjakeDined on 6/4/2014We dined on the patio Wednesday evening and listened to Mark Reed and Waddy. The music and food were great! We had the steak taco's,( just the right portion and delicious) and the risotto (equally delicious)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outandaboutDined on 6/4/2014Both the food and the service was great. We ate in the main dining area. During our dining experience,there was a person playing the piano.Very relaxing while eating.Would recommend this place for lunch or dinner.Either inside or at the outdoor dining area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014The service and food were both fantastic, would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for CelebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014We had our parents 50th wedding anniversary dinner celebration with our party of 12. The staff was really kind and caring attending to us like family. The restaurant itself has a happy energy great for dinner and a drink in the bar to follow up. We had kids and teens so a great space for all ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014First time there. Really enjoyed it. Will come back again. Did not feel rushed which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LydiaDined on 5/31/2014We had prime rib and found it to be on the cold side and very bland. It showed I had a choice of baked potato or au graten with the prime rib, I chose au graten and got both, but was charged $7 for the au graten. The atmosphere very nice, but on the noisy side. Very disapponted with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Really enjoyed our dining experience. The food was fabulous. The atmosphere was enjoyable, romantic, yet suitable for a family. Great for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd anniversaryJonNJulieDined on 5/24/2014Had our wedding party here and just as special as 2 years ago. Patio was perfect Saturday. Trumpet and piano perfect. Bar. Perfect. Service as friendly as ever. Keep up the great work.Special Features: