860 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1X9Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.francescos.com/
- Phone: 6046857770x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Chef Jacob Do
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Book our "Wine Room" which seats 10 - 12 in a private setting. Groups of 20 to 45 in the upper dining area; 120 capacity for the entire restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Terry 6043133949x
- Special Events: Group bookings are welcome, allow us to create a special menu for your group
A word from Francesco's
The enduring fine-dining restaurant in the heart of downtown Vancouver - the dining room to the stars - serving traditional Italian cuisine with a French twist and an extensive wild game menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Francesco's - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Francesco's reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (20)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- LornaDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Francesco's many times and I've never be disappointed. I tried another dish this time (Garlic Tiger Prawns) while my friend had her usual Spaghetti and Meat Balls (always a hit)! The waiter was kind enough to recommend a wine, which was very good. I even took a picture of the bottle so I can buy it the next time I'm at the liquor store. All in all, another great evening at Francesco's.Special Features:
- Foodie FrankEffffDined on 7/25/2014Recommended by friends and local tour guides but we were not impressed. Service and quality of food was fair, but very expensive for what you get. We love Italian and you can usually get great food for much less.Special Features:
- Nice ItalianIronGDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I ate at Francesco's last week and the food was great, the service was elegant and we found a really nice bottle of Italian wine to keep things smooth.....well worth a visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedUnhappyDined on 7/19/2014Food came a little too fast, felt as though we were being rushed out and there was no line up waiting for our table. We have been before and never experienced this type of service, dinner was complete within one hour, I hope this is not the way the restaurant is headed, we won't be returning soon.
- HighclassDined on 7/19/2014A truly memorable dining experience, from service, to menu options, to quality of food. Amongst the top 5 '5-star' dining estabishments we have experienced in our world-wide travels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian RestaurantSusanVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great food, wine and service. The wait staff did an excellent job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This was a terrific choice and experience. Thank you for your attention to detail and making our visit a most memorable occasion.Special Features:
- Old school diningwhereisbenliDined on 7/8/2014Old school Itlalian dining. Plating a little dated but good flavors. Very loud out on the patio. Decent wine list. Clams in the vongole doesn't seem to be fresh though. Excellent Veal Milanese. Cornish game hen with fantastic stuffing. They also have the best bread.Special Features:
- LOVED IT.. but..yumyumyumDined on 6/28/2014Went in expecting small portions and large prices. While the food is priced on the higher side, it is totally worth it. The service was prompt, and not overbearing. My food was outstanding, everything was delicious, fresh, hot. I was so pleased with what I had. However, my dining partner is a vegetarian, and there were very limited options. By limited, I mean LIMITED... There were 2 entrees that could have been chosen. One was not a vegetarian dish, but could be made with no meat.. therefore much smaller.. Italian is often a good way to go for us as they have tons of vegetarian options with pastas. The tables are too close together. If you are not a vegetarian.. this restaurant is INCREDIBLE.Special Features:
- Always great!MargoDined on 6/23/2014I am always pleased with my dining experience at Don Francesco's. They are professional, the ambiance is perfect, the food is excellent and the service is attentive and warm. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable beyond expectationsGordonADined on 6/21/2014The service was excellent and the server was very helpful with special items available and his knowledge of the wine list was thorough. Enjoyed the entire experience. The food was above expectations, well presented and very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with GramaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Food was excellent, service was very good, location was great, loved the beef carpaccio, would love to go again when had more time to enjoy and try the family style menu!Special Features:
- italian resturantbadpodDined on 6/17/2014It was nice resturant, the staff were all very pleasant, the food was well cooked and tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saltspringianDined on 6/4/2014Francesco's a nice old fashioned Italian restaurant in a very central convenient location for downtown Vancouver business lunches. The room is bright and clean with good windows. The menu is traditional pastas and meats in red sauces. well prepared fish dishes too. Extensive wine list but we will stick to chianti. They offer attentive service with the cheese graters and pepper mills that are wielded like majorette batons. A good variety of items on a well organized menu, reasonably priced. The atmosphere is not stuffy. They offer delicious cheesy bread in a basket to start. Good coffee to end.Special Features:
- Disappointingly mediocreMLL1385Dined on 5/31/2014Good location and outdoor dining but not much better than The Olive Garden. Not remotely in the same league as Cioppino's or La Quercia.Special Features:
- Super DinnerNorthof54Dined on 5/31/2014My wife and I have eaten here many times and enjoyed it very much. The food is very good and the service exceptional. However, we have had some noise issues from loud guests that have negatively impacted our experience. We sat outside this last visit and it was very pleasant. We both had meat dishes this time, veal Milano and veal osobuco. Both excellent. We recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!lmsdDined on 5/30/2014Almost a week since we dined here and I'm still raving about it. Finally found a local Italian restaurant that far exceeds my expectations. The server, François was amazing! The meals of pasta, halibut, steak, appetizers and the complimentary tiramisu (it was a birthday dinner) plus the recommendation on wine were absolutely a 10 all around. Can I give the restaurant a 100? All 4 of us loved it. Looking forward to going back very soon. It's not cheap but then you get what you pay for and this is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LornaDined on 5/23/2014This is the third time this year that my friend and I have enjoyed dinner at Francesco's. The food was excellent and the waiter was very helpful especially when it came to choosing a wine. In fact the wine was so good that I asked for the name so I can enjoy it at home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014We always enjoy our meals at Francesco's. Service and food are great! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service better than the food....Foodie2Dined on 5/15/2014Not as good as previous visits. Good food ,small potions, tiger prawns smaller than your little finger, a bit over priced but incredible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TCfoodieVIPDined on 5/4/2014Wonderful food, but the waiters are exceptional. They just make you feel like your at home and you're the most special diner.Special Features:
- in the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Great food but we were seated in the middle of the room with people traffic at all sides - we felt as if we were in the way we had a reservation but got stuck at the worst table in the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great for birthday celebrations!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014I took my husband and son for dinner to celebrate my husbands birthday because we were here before and were very impressed with the food and service. We wanted to try other items on the menu. All items we ordered did not disappoint. The restaurant also had a very good selection of beverages including prosecco and bubbly, creative cocktails and an international variety of wine. They also brought out a complimentary piece of tiramisu cake with a candle for the birthday man and sang the birthday song. The service was excellent as before and we were served by all the staff and not just our specific server. All in all, we will be back and we will try each dish as much as we can if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014The food was good, but the waitors smelled like cigarette smoke.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 260 reviews are from the Francesco's reviews archive.
- First Class2good2missDined on 4/17/2014Excellent dining experience! From the minute you enter you are treated first class, they sincerely make you feel welcome and the food,service and ambiance is the icing on the cake! Fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Italian mealsMikeDined on 4/13/2014One of the best Italian meals I have ever had. The sauce that came on the lasagna was to die for. It was as if a grandmother had been cooking the sauce all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was seated quickly, howeverFoodloverDined on 4/12/2014Was seated quickly, however we had made a reservation a week before and ended up with the crappiest table. Food was ok this time not outstanding as usual. Service was great as always. Overall experience has left a bad taste and will pass on coming next visit.Special Features:
- We loved your expanded menuWeluvtoodyneDined on 4/11/2014We loved your expanded menu and have added my favorite veal piccata!!!! Way to go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your wallet and makeSnowbirdDined on 4/10/2014Bring your wallet and make sure it's got lots in it. Food was good but not fantastic given the price point. $39 for seafood linguine which came as spagatteni. Funniest linguine I've ever seen. I didn't send it back but why say linguine if it's not? Burrowing Owel Merlot helped me forget about this but that was $70 a bottle. Restaurant was quite loud given the number of people in it on a Thursday night. They put everyone in the left corner fronting Burrard Street when the rest of the place was empty. Service was very good and attentive. Wouldn't rush back but will try again next year (if still in business) in fairness.Special Features:
- First time; won't be our lastJimBobDined on 4/5/2014Food was superb, service informal and excellent. While the wine list was impressive, maybe a few more reasonably priced quality wines would take the weight of less affluent wallets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great impression when stepped into.StellerJayDined on 4/5/2014Great impression when stepped into. I have made a reservation and front desk was well aware of and provided welcoming service.It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome wine list & Great ServiceTiffersluvsFoodDined on 4/4/2014I am from the States, was staying at the Sutton Hotel across the street and happened to walk over for dinner at Francesco's. I'm a huge wine lover and the list was fairly extensive and I loved they offer half bottles. Also my server Sam was incredible! The lobster risotto and meatball appetizers are great. Also the filet mignon was great also! I left stuffed and happy! I'd recommend this place to any of my friends visiting Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingslydeVIPDined on 4/3/2014I've been to Francesco's several times over the last few years with and without my customers. they are alway attentive and the food is always outstanding. In this last visit we asked about the gnochi dish that was not in the menu - they said no problem we'll make it for you. Best gnochi in Vanvouver.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Service!tgeorge604Dined on 3/26/2014We went to Francesco's as a group of 5 from work for lunch. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals and found the portion size perfect. I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is my 2nd time for lunch.HarmDined on 3/14/2014This is my 2nd time for lunch. It was not that busy. However, our waiter forgot to give us rolls after we had ordered like he did before. I was half way thru my pasta and had to ask for it. The pasta was excellent, however, for a quantity, the price was rather high and one still had to ask for a roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but...YummyVIPDined on 3/9/2014The menu was very extensive -- lots of variety to choose from. Service was very good. Ample staff. Food though, was good but not outstanding. The portions though were very generous. Fellow diners enjoyed their veal marsala, bison, and mushroom risotto. But my duck and another diner's veal milanese was just okay. We all agreed that it was a nice dinner but would not be rushing back. No complaints, just no WOW factor for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceDrDRDined on 3/7/2014I took my clients from out of town to Francesco's the other night and had a superb meal. The pastas and fish dishes are amazing. Had a few bottles of nice Chianti recommended by the server. Very classic place. Good energy in the room...kind of like being in Italy! Always have a nice evening at this place and highly recommended for business dinners or even a romantic dinner with your partner.Special Features:
- Fabulous!charlotteDined on 3/1/2014Excellent food & service. That's what I expect during a night out! Fabulous restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, wonderful experience.CandyDined on 3/1/2014Overall, wonderful experience. Food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2014We were staying at the Wedgewood. Saturday was a snowy, cold, wet evening and we wanted some place close where we did not have to walk very far. Francesco's fit the bill. It was very easy to make a reservation. We spent 6 weeks in Italy in the fall of 2013 and dinner at Francesco's was equal to any of the dinners we had in Italy, whether that be Verona, Venice, Florence, Radda or Milan. The pasta was so light and each dish flavourful and the grilled prosciutto wrapped asparagus - something else!!!. Based on the number of Wedgewood Hotel umbrella's in the umbrella stand - we were not the only guests who made the same decision to try Francesco's. Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.