860 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1X9Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.francescos.com/
- Phone: 6046857770x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Chef Jacob Do
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Book our "Wine Room" which seats 10 - 12 in a private setting. Groups of 20 to 45 in the upper dining area; 120 capacity for the entire restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Terry 6043133949x
- Special Events: Group bookings are welcome, allow us to create a special menu for your group
A word from Francesco's
The enduring fine-dining restaurant in the heart of downtown Vancouver - the dining room to the stars - serving traditional Italian cuisine with a French twist and an extensive wild game menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Francesco's - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Francesco's reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (23)romantic (21)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Once againslydeVIPDined on 10/16/2014I take customers to Francesco's a few times a year. They have a great menu which satisfies all tastes. The staff makes the eventful and very well attended. If you are after authentic upscale Italian this is the place.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014This place seems to be relying on its former reputation. The prices for decent but not spectacular food are ridiculous. Little wonder they don't show prices on their website. We were there for our 40th wedding anniversary which they knew thru the open table reservation service. No one acknowledged this important occasion whatsoever. Overall a very disappointing and expensive experience. Will not return.
- Great Italian!AKE1VIPDined on 10/10/2014We went here for a birthday celebration and it was fantastic! Food and drinks were both amazing.Special Features:
- Sufficient Thai FoodThreetimesadayVIPDined on 10/7/2014Ate here with a friend for dinner. Food was fairly good. Ambiance a bit cheesy and the service was very slow. Price was fairly reasonable with a great $5 deal for wine. Sufficient for the typical business traveler.
- Classic beautyMCDinerDined on 9/28/2014The restaurant reminds me of Italy. The ambiance, the service was great. The servers were career servers and knows how to treat guests. I ordered the lobster linguine. It was delicious. Came piping hot and with lots of lobster chunks. Dessert was a limoncello ice cream. Refreshing and not too heavy. Great way to end the meal. I have to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A consistently great experienceButterfly4VIPDined on 9/26/2014Food and service is always excellent at this Burrard Street restaurant. The menu is varied and there is something for everyone. One of our favourite places to take our out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doocheen41Dined on 9/23/2014An excellent Italian restaurant in the centre of Vancouver. I would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- PlungerDined on 9/13/2014Excellent service, extensive menu, meets individual preferences, food outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FootlooseukDined on 9/10/2014We found out about this restaurant by chance after finding a review in the Whistler village and thought that it was worth trying. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent. The service discreet. Would thoroughly recommend this venue. One small criticism, we booked thorough you webpage and got a confirmation acknowledge but the restaurant didn't seem to use this system because they couldn't find usSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We were seated on the patio which is lovely. Our waiter was attentive and very knowledgeable of the menu. The owner hismelf even went up to all the tables to make sure their evening was going well. I have been to fine-dining restaurants before, either the food is not that great or the service is just average but at Francesco's both food and serivce were amazing! I will defintiely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive evening with OK foodBryanVIPDined on 9/4/2014We had good service but the food was only mediocre. Service was great, but there was no crowd in the place.would recommend many other restaurants before trying this one.Special Features:
- Great for business lunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014I had a business lunch that had to be kept within one hour and the restaurant did an outstanding job keeping us on schedule and providing great food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Francesco'sHungryEatsVIPDined on 8/26/2014A wide selection of delicious tasting dishes. This was my second time there for dinner and I tried the Cornish Hen stuff with wild rice - terrific. An extensive selection of wines with many from Italy. It was a bit noisy outside at street level but people watching was great. Service, as usual, was very good.Special Features:
- Amazing food, fun nightYUMF21Dined on 8/22/2014This is perfect for a special meal with friends and family. Everything we ate was delicious and our server was top calibre. Not a cheap night but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LornaDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Francesco's many times and I've never be disappointed. I tried another dish this time (Garlic Tiger Prawns) while my friend had her usual Spaghetti and Meat Balls (always a hit)! The waiter was kind enough to recommend a wine, which was very good. I even took a picture of the bottle so I can buy it the next time I'm at the liquor store. All in all, another great evening at Francesco's.Special Features:
- Foodie FrankEffffDined on 7/25/2014Recommended by friends and local tour guides but we were not impressed. Service and quality of food was fair, but very expensive for what you get. We love Italian and you can usually get great food for much less.Special Features:
- Nice ItalianIronGDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I ate at Francesco's last week and the food was great, the service was elegant and we found a really nice bottle of Italian wine to keep things smooth.....well worth a visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedUnhappyDined on 7/19/2014Food came a little too fast, felt as though we were being rushed out and there was no line up waiting for our table. We have been before and never experienced this type of service, dinner was complete within one hour, I hope this is not the way the restaurant is headed, we won't be returning soon.
- HighclassDined on 7/19/2014A truly memorable dining experience, from service, to menu options, to quality of food. Amongst the top 5 '5-star' dining estabishments we have experienced in our world-wide travels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian RestaurantSusanVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great food, wine and service. The wait staff did an excellent job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This was a terrific choice and experience. Thank you for your attention to detail and making our visit a most memorable occasion.Special Features:
- Old school diningwhereisbenliDined on 7/8/2014Old school Itlalian dining. Plating a little dated but good flavors. Very loud out on the patio. Decent wine list. Clams in the vongole doesn't seem to be fresh though. Excellent Veal Milanese. Cornish game hen with fantastic stuffing. They also have the best bread.Special Features:
- LOVED IT.. but..yumyumyumDined on 6/28/2014Went in expecting small portions and large prices. While the food is priced on the higher side, it is totally worth it. The service was prompt, and not overbearing. My food was outstanding, everything was delicious, fresh, hot. I was so pleased with what I had. However, my dining partner is a vegetarian, and there were very limited options. By limited, I mean LIMITED... There were 2 entrees that could have been chosen. One was not a vegetarian dish, but could be made with no meat.. therefore much smaller.. Italian is often a good way to go for us as they have tons of vegetarian options with pastas. The tables are too close together. If you are not a vegetarian.. this restaurant is INCREDIBLE.Special Features:
- The following 275 reviews are from the Francesco's reviews archive.
- Always great!MargoDined on 6/23/2014I am always pleased with my dining experience at Don Francesco's. They are professional, the ambiance is perfect, the food is excellent and the service is attentive and warm. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable beyond expectationsGordonADined on 6/21/2014The service was excellent and the server was very helpful with special items available and his knowledge of the wine list was thorough. Enjoyed the entire experience. The food was above expectations, well presented and very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with GramaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Food was excellent, service was very good, location was great, loved the beef carpaccio, would love to go again when had more time to enjoy and try the family style menu!Special Features:
- italian resturantbadpodDined on 6/17/2014It was nice resturant, the staff were all very pleasant, the food was well cooked and tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saltspringianDined on 6/4/2014Francesco's a nice old fashioned Italian restaurant in a very central convenient location for downtown Vancouver business lunches. The room is bright and clean with good windows. The menu is traditional pastas and meats in red sauces. well prepared fish dishes too. Extensive wine list but we will stick to chianti. They offer attentive service with the cheese graters and pepper mills that are wielded like majorette batons. A good variety of items on a well organized menu, reasonably priced. The atmosphere is not stuffy. They offer delicious cheesy bread in a basket to start. Good coffee to end.Special Features:
- Disappointingly mediocreMLL1385VIPDined on 5/31/2014Good location and outdoor dining but not much better than The Olive Garden. Not remotely in the same league as Cioppino's or La Quercia.Special Features:
- Super DinnerNorthof54Dined on 5/31/2014My wife and I have eaten here many times and enjoyed it very much. The food is very good and the service exceptional. However, we have had some noise issues from loud guests that have negatively impacted our experience. We sat outside this last visit and it was very pleasant. We both had meat dishes this time, veal Milano and veal osobuco. Both excellent. We recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!lmsdDined on 5/30/2014Almost a week since we dined here and I'm still raving about it. Finally found a local Italian restaurant that far exceeds my expectations. The server, François was amazing! The meals of pasta, halibut, steak, appetizers and the complimentary tiramisu (it was a birthday dinner) plus the recommendation on wine were absolutely a 10 all around. Can I give the restaurant a 100? All 4 of us loved it. Looking forward to going back very soon. It's not cheap but then you get what you pay for and this is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LornaDined on 5/23/2014This is the third time this year that my friend and I have enjoyed dinner at Francesco's. The food was excellent and the waiter was very helpful especially when it came to choosing a wine. In fact the wine was so good that I asked for the name so I can enjoy it at home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014We always enjoy our meals at Francesco's. Service and food are great! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service better than the food....Foodie2Dined on 5/15/2014Not as good as previous visits. Good food ,small potions, tiger prawns smaller than your little finger, a bit over priced but incredible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TCfoodieVIPDined on 5/4/2014Wonderful food, but the waiters are exceptional. They just make you feel like your at home and you're the most special diner.Special Features:
- in the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Great food but we were seated in the middle of the room with people traffic at all sides - we felt as if we were in the way we had a reservation but got stuck at the worst table in the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great for birthday celebrations!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014I took my husband and son for dinner to celebrate my husbands birthday because we were here before and were very impressed with the food and service. We wanted to try other items on the menu. All items we ordered did not disappoint. The restaurant also had a very good selection of beverages including prosecco and bubbly, creative cocktails and an international variety of wine. They also brought out a complimentary piece of tiramisu cake with a candle for the birthday man and sang the birthday song. The service was excellent as before and we were served by all the staff and not just our specific server. All in all, we will be back and we will try each dish as much as we can if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014The food was good, but the waitors smelled like cigarette smoke.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class2good2missDined on 4/17/2014Excellent dining experience! From the minute you enter you are treated first class, they sincerely make you feel welcome and the food,service and ambiance is the icing on the cake! Fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Italian mealsMikeDined on 4/13/2014One of the best Italian meals I have ever had. The sauce that came on the lasagna was to die for. It was as if a grandmother had been cooking the sauce all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.