860 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1X9Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.francescos.com/
- Phone: (604) 685-7770
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Chef Jacob Do
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Book our "Wine Room" which seats 10 - 12 in a private setting. Groups of 20 to 45 in the upper dining area; 120 capacity for the entire restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Terry 6043133949x
- Special Events: Group bookings are welcome, allow us to create a special menu for your group
A word from Francesco's
The enduring fine-dining restaurant in the heart of downtown Vancouver - the dining room to the stars - serving traditional Italian cuisine with a French twist and an extensive wild game menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Francesco's - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Francesco's reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (32)romantic (28)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (12)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Very ImpressedIsraguardVIPDined on 11/18/2014First time there. Beyond impressed. Great food quality, large and comfortable tables even for parties of two. Wine list is extensive and I found prices to be very reasonable. Im definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a bit slow service.FarooqVIPDined on 11/15/2014Good italian and west cost food. The Lobster Bisque however is bitter. Pasta is good. The Sole Entree is awesome. Noise level on a Sat night is high, lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service is always very good.johnDined on 11/15/2014We have dined at Francesco's many times and always found the experience very enjoyable. Excellent food, service and ambiance. This time we asked for a quiet table ( we have never experienced noise ) but were placed next to a table of ten. The quiet table location was confirmed when I called to confirm the reservation. Needless to say because of the noisy table our conversation was difficult. Why didn't they locate us on the main level where it has always been quieter? I felt like I was in Earls or Cactus Club. Maybe they thought we DIDN'T want a quiet location? It soured the experience. Very disappointing.
- JaneDined on 11/15/2014Service was terrific, food was very good. Would not hesitaite to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fantastic!CocoDined on 11/14/2014Am from out of town and Francesco's has become a must for us when in Vancouver. Among the absolute best italian cuisine ever and I've had some pretty darn amazing Italian food around the world. Will definitely return and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong placeShahshahbaDined on 11/11/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate a birthday.... And this is the first restaurant ever that did not provided complementary birthday desert...::::Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this Francesco'sKBearDined on 11/9/2014The food at Francesco's is always served perfectly and comes to the table piping hot. The service is impeccable and we love the variety in the wine list. We never feel rushed when we dine at Francesco's. The caesar salad is garnished with large shavings of fresh parmesan, which is a sign of a fine Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rick eats outColetteCDined on 11/2/2014Just hosted a family dinner for 8 and was offered a private area off the main dining room - very cozy. The meals we ordered were all well received, hot, attractively presented and I believe every meal was totally consumed. The wine list is moderately extensive, but lacks many entry level wines for diners on a budget. The red and white we chose were both near the bottom end but both were quite acceptable. Might be worth asking is they go 'corkage' and bring your own. My biggest beef is that the minimum tip option on their credit card machine was 18% which comes in closer to 20% when applied to the tab including taxes. Service was good but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!DevoDined on 11/1/2014I've wanted to go here for quite a few years, so we finally made a reservation. Food was very tasty, and service was competent and professional. I think it was some of the bets Italian food I've had in Vancouver.Special Features:
- convivialvan2couvDined on 10/29/2014Goog food convivial to be recommended to the gourmetsqSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianHowieDined on 10/27/2014The pasta was incredible, with a light film of sauce that made it perfect. The waiter went above and beyond the call of duty, researching wine vintages, and telling us of delis where the restaurant shopped for its meat and cheese. We didn't feel rushed, and yet the service was prompt. A useful feature on the wine list was a page of wines scoring 90 or more points in the Wine Spectator.Special Features:
- Excellent!HappyDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food! Excellent service! We went for my birthday and it was so good! The food was delicious. We would go back fer sure in the future!Special Features:
- Traditional Italian done wellOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/24/2014We have eaten at Francesco's several times and have always enjoyed it. However on this visit it was even better than usual, like they had cranked it up a notch. The meatball appetizer was outstanding, and crab and avocado salad was delicious. For mains the saltimbocca and lobster pasta were both very good, my husband commented the vegetables were particularly fresh and flavourful. From the bread to the dessert it was a fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Great experience!TurnipDined on 10/20/2014Such a wonderful place. Dinner was delicious and the service was awesome. I recommend the lobster risotto and the lobster linguine! I look forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBuddySDined on 10/19/2014I found Francesco's online, made a reservation, and walked out of the door of my hotel to find it directly across the street. Our waiter was fantastic with excellent suggestions. The food was outstanding. The portions were kind of small, but I did not mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once againslydeVIPDined on 10/16/2014I take customers to Francesco's a few times a year. They have a great menu which satisfies all tastes. The staff makes the eventful and very well attended. If you are after authentic upscale Italian this is the place.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014This place seems to be relying on its former reputation. The prices for decent but not spectacular food are ridiculous. Little wonder they don't show prices on their website. We were there for our 40th wedding anniversary which they knew thru the open table reservation service. No one acknowledged this important occasion whatsoever. Overall a very disappointing and expensive experience. Will not return.
- Great Italian!AKE1VIPDined on 10/10/2014We went here for a birthday celebration and it was fantastic! Food and drinks were both amazing.Special Features:
- Sufficient Thai FoodThreetimesadayVIPDined on 10/7/2014Ate here with a friend for dinner. Food was fairly good. Ambiance a bit cheesy and the service was very slow. Price was fairly reasonable with a great $5 deal for wine. Sufficient for the typical business traveler.
- Classic beautyMCDinerDined on 9/28/2014The restaurant reminds me of Italy. The ambiance, the service was great. The servers were career servers and knows how to treat guests. I ordered the lobster linguine. It was delicious. Came piping hot and with lots of lobster chunks. Dessert was a limoncello ice cream. Refreshing and not too heavy. Great way to end the meal. I have to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A consistently great experienceButterfly4VIPDined on 9/26/2014Food and service is always excellent at this Burrard Street restaurant. The menu is varied and there is something for everyone. One of our favourite places to take our out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doocheen41Dined on 9/23/2014An excellent Italian restaurant in the centre of Vancouver. I would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- PlungerDined on 9/13/2014Excellent service, extensive menu, meets individual preferences, food outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FootlooseukDined on 9/10/2014We found out about this restaurant by chance after finding a review in the Whistler village and thought that it was worth trying. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent. The service discreet. Would thoroughly recommend this venue. One small criticism, we booked thorough you webpage and got a confirmation acknowledge but the restaurant didn't seem to use this system because they couldn't find usSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014We were seated on the patio which is lovely. Our waiter was attentive and very knowledgeable of the menu. The owner hismelf even went up to all the tables to make sure their evening was going well. I have been to fine-dining restaurants before, either the food is not that great or the service is just average but at Francesco's both food and serivce were amazing! I will defintiely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive evening with OK foodBryanVIPDined on 9/4/2014We had good service but the food was only mediocre. Service was great, but there was no crowd in the place.would recommend many other restaurants before trying this one.Special Features:
- Great for business lunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014I had a business lunch that had to be kept within one hour and the restaurant did an outstanding job keeping us on schedule and providing great food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Francesco'sHungryEatsVIPDined on 8/26/2014A wide selection of delicious tasting dishes. This was my second time there for dinner and I tried the Cornish Hen stuff with wild rice - terrific. An extensive selection of wines with many from Italy. It was a bit noisy outside at street level but people watching was great. Service, as usual, was very good.Special Features:
- Amazing food, fun nightYUMF21Dined on 8/22/2014This is perfect for a special meal with friends and family. Everything we ate was delicious and our server was top calibre. Not a cheap night but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LornaDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Francesco's many times and I've never be disappointed. I tried another dish this time (Garlic Tiger Prawns) while my friend had her usual Spaghetti and Meat Balls (always a hit)! The waiter was kind enough to recommend a wine, which was very good. I even took a picture of the bottle so I can buy it the next time I'm at the liquor store. All in all, another great evening at Francesco's.Special Features:
- The following 283 reviews are from the Francesco's reviews archive.
- Foodie FrankEffffDined on 7/25/2014Recommended by friends and local tour guides but we were not impressed. Service and quality of food was fair, but very expensive for what you get. We love Italian and you can usually get great food for much less.Special Features:
- Nice ItalianIronGDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I ate at Francesco's last week and the food was great, the service was elegant and we found a really nice bottle of Italian wine to keep things smooth.....well worth a visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedUnhappyDined on 7/19/2014Food came a little too fast, felt as though we were being rushed out and there was no line up waiting for our table. We have been before and never experienced this type of service, dinner was complete within one hour, I hope this is not the way the restaurant is headed, we won't be returning soon.
- HighclassDined on 7/19/2014A truly memorable dining experience, from service, to menu options, to quality of food. Amongst the top 5 '5-star' dining estabishments we have experienced in our world-wide travels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian RestaurantSusanVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great food, wine and service. The wait staff did an excellent job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This was a terrific choice and experience. Thank you for your attention to detail and making our visit a most memorable occasion.Special Features:
- Old school diningwhereisbenliDined on 7/8/2014Old school Itlalian dining. Plating a little dated but good flavors. Very loud out on the patio. Decent wine list. Clams in the vongole doesn't seem to be fresh though. Excellent Veal Milanese. Cornish game hen with fantastic stuffing. They also have the best bread.Special Features:
- LOVED IT.. but..yumyumyumDined on 6/28/2014Went in expecting small portions and large prices. While the food is priced on the higher side, it is totally worth it. The service was prompt, and not overbearing. My food was outstanding, everything was delicious, fresh, hot. I was so pleased with what I had. However, my dining partner is a vegetarian, and there were very limited options. By limited, I mean LIMITED... There were 2 entrees that could have been chosen. One was not a vegetarian dish, but could be made with no meat.. therefore much smaller.. Italian is often a good way to go for us as they have tons of vegetarian options with pastas. The tables are too close together. If you are not a vegetarian.. this restaurant is INCREDIBLE.Special Features:
- Always great!MargoDined on 6/23/2014I am always pleased with my dining experience at Don Francesco's. They are professional, the ambiance is perfect, the food is excellent and the service is attentive and warm. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable beyond expectationsGordonADined on 6/21/2014The service was excellent and the server was very helpful with special items available and his knowledge of the wine list was thorough. Enjoyed the entire experience. The food was above expectations, well presented and very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.