3124 South Route 59
Naperville, IL 60564Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miafrancesca.com/
- Phone: 6309460600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Modern Tuscan
- Executive Chef: Scott Harris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Francesca’s Passaggio offers a full catering menu for your next party. Available for pick up or delivery. Delivery charges apply.
- Private Party Facilities: The private room is ideal for corporate or social functions and can accommodate up to 45 guests for a seated meal, and up to 50 guests for cocktail parties. The private room has lofty ceilings, floor to ceiling windows and French doors leading to the main dining room and patio area.
Saturday and Sunday afternoons are also available for private events in the main dining room. Francesca's Passaggio's main dining room can accommodate up to 110 guests for seated dining and up to 150 guests for cocktail parties.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Harrison (630)352-8963x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment during June-September on Friday and Saturday nights from 7:00pm-10:00pm on the Patio
- Special Events: For Private Parties or Special Events please contact Amy Harrison at (630)352-8963
A word from Francesca's Passaggio
Francesca’s Passaggio is the 14th addition to the “Francesca’s Restaurants” family. This location is the second Francesca’s Restaurant to enter the Naperville community, joining its sister store, La Sorella di Francesca, which resides in downtown Naperville. Francesca’s Passaggio features the traditional Francesca’s concept of zesty, earthy cuisine from Rome and the surrounding areas of Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio. Francesca’s Passaggio encourages the lively art of dining with a contemporary, casually sophisticated trattoria ambiance, simple rustic cooking, friendly service and fair prices. Francesca's Passaggio features an outside patio, based upon availability, with a Firepit Table and Bar. Live music on the weekends outside during the summer months.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Francesca's Passaggio reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (19)romantic (15)kid-friendly (15)good for groups (14)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Lovely evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Food was excellent, as was the service, and we really enjoyed the band on the patio. Lovely evening!Special Features:
- Noisier than expectedGort16Dined on 8/30/2014We booked a reservation for 6:00 on a Saturday evening and were surprised at the number of (noisy) children. I think they need to work on their acoustics but when several key tables left, there was a clear change in the noise level. An extra glass of wine was ordered but never made it to the table, it did however make it to the bill which was changed without question when pointed out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HMMMMVIPDined on 8/30/2014Dinners were not up to the usual standard for the first time in dining here many times over the years. This was the first time disappointment with the food. Service was outstanding as always.
- Map Directions An IssueOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/19/2014Unfortunately Open Table uses the Apple Maps app as its default. The location of Francesca's Passaggio is not accurate in that application. This was my first visit to this location. Using the Open Table directions I spent 20 minutes trying to find the restaurant. Finally I called the individual I was meeting, who had already arrived, and had endured the same fate, was able to provide the needed directions. Once I arrived, the food and service fully met my expectations for a Francesca's.Special Features:
- Food & Music on the PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014Almost a perfect evening. Lovely weather, great service, and a trio with a vocalist that didn't have to prove how strong her voice was. Great to be able to sit and have a conversation without shouting and still have delightful music to accompany one's dinner. Salmon Fresca was perfect as always, a dish I will never pass up. Good job Francescas.Special Features:
- ALWAYS a great meal...MelkVIPDined on 8/12/2014While we have been to most of the Francesca's the one on Rt 59 is our favorite and it's the most convenient for us too. Consistently great food, great specials on wine, etc and still menu surprises like the amazing swordfish we had this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceBelPaulDined on 8/2/2014We live fairly close to Francesca's but had never gone there. Well after eating there we regretted not having gone sooner. It has great food, nice ambiance, and a friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:
- Menu UnderwhelmingcpidonDined on 7/22/2014Bad night I guess - 1 sliced steak entree, 2 chicken and 4 fish - party of 6 - no one was impressed with menu choices or quality/taste of orders.
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The waiter had no clue. We asked for a drink and he said that they didn't have it. We told him that they did. He said he would have to ask the chef. He had no clue it was a drink. It took over 2 hours to finally leave the place. We waited over 5 minutes to even have the server come to our table and then 15 minutes for him to pick up the check. The server really ruined our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alway good!DonnaVIPDined on 7/16/2014This is our go to place in town, food and service are alwYs good.Special Features:
- Disappointing at bestR2G2Dined on 7/4/2014I ordered a menu item that said it was served on fettuccini. I asked the waiter if I could get the item served over angel hair pasta instead and was told they do not have angel hair. I said OK, how about regular spaghetti, and was told they don't have that either. WHAAAT?? If I want to change the pasta on a menu item at Joe's Bar & Grill and am told they have neither angel hair nor spaghetti, OH WELL, that's the price you pay for eating at Joe's Bar & Grill.....but at Francesca's ITALIAN restaurant...???? Francesca's management may want to rethink their inventory reduction policy when it comes to pasta items. Not our best experience at Francesca's.
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/1/2014Highly recommend this restaurant for food and service. Plenty of free parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gluten free pasta.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014The gluten free pasta made me feel like I was eating real pasta. So fresh with a great taste. The bread came out super warm. Loved my meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- father's day late lunchGusGusDined on 6/15/2014Had a great time with my dad who is in his 70 for fathers day.. which also happened to be the day before my parents 50th anniversary. Very pleasant meal for everyone.Special Features:
- Good RestaurantNekaronDined on 6/14/2014This is a pretty good restaurant. I was a little thrown off by the hand written menus. My only complaint is that the table for 2 that we were given was sandwiched between two other tables, along the wall with a long booth-type seat. It was not very romantic, in my opinion. The service was great and our waitress, as well as every employee we encountered, was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free-got pistachio ice creamAvercDined on 6/10/2014Our server told us he was in training, but I never saw anyone train or help him other than the Busser (I worked in the bar/restaurant field as a young person at fine dining restaurants). I ordered their special, which was a salad, an entree, and a dessert for almost $25. It was a great deal! I got the Salmon Pesce del Giorno (Salmon with wild mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and herbs). I also ordered a $10 cocktail (Vodka and pomegranate syrup, lemon Juice= AMAZING) that was actually worth it. The food was excellent. My husband got a chicken and potato dish (IDK the name). For dessert I ordered galetto (Neopolaton) and got some pistachio, which I was told was not gluten-free. My whole point of ordering gluten free. Be more careful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big $$ for little food2dakotakidsDined on 6/8/2014I ordered one of their specials, a basil linguine with shrimp, scallops, potatoes and string beans. As the meal did not include a salad or soup, I also ordered the caesar salad a la carte to share. For $17.00, I was expecting a dish that would be generous with shrimp, scallops and veggies. Instead, I received a bowl heavy with linguine and very skimpy with the featured components. I counted 3 medium-sized shrimp (tail on and difficult to eat neatly), 3 nickel-sized scallops, the equivalent of 5 skinny string beans cut in half, and perhaps a petite potato diced into small pieces. It was disappointing, and I left feeling I had spent big money for essentially a box of pasta.Special Features:
- Convenient location, great foodRavioliNutDined on 6/7/2014Not having been to this Francesca's location in a while, I took my in-laws and son here for dinner on a Saturday night, hoping the food would be as good as I remembered it. It was delicious, and exceeded our expectations. The service was attentive and friendly, and they had a kid's menu. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. Especially good were the calamari (appetizer) and the potato soup with bacon. Highly recommended if you're looking for a nice place to enjoy some good Italian and don't want to drive very far.Special Features:
- SlippingluvourlifeDined on 6/6/2014The Francesca's local chain is one of our favorites. Usually a great experience. Something was off this visit. Reservations for two were made, yet they tried to seat us in the bar at high tables. We asked about outdoors, and they offered to let us look. There were no less than 3 tables available as we walked...which was news to the maitre'd. Finally seated. The waiter was pleasant, but new and very unfamiliar with the wine list. Offered a taste for bottle service, then of course was unable to fulfill that but nobody came that could discuss the wine. Appetizers and salad came at about the same time....30 min after we ordered. They did an admirable job trying to compensate by offering dessert. Not our typical experience at Francesca's.Special Features:
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014We've been several times with our boys, since La Sorella is not appropriate for children. This last time made us realize this place is nothing special. We had a reservation and requested the patio. We were told the patio is first come/first served. However, there was a table for 12 that was 'reserved' and remained empty our entire meal. 3 teenaged hostesses were not experienced enough for a Friday night crowd. We witnessed several disrespectful patrons - one family not even speaking to each other but allowing their children to literally run in circles around their table in the center of the dining room. The food is always just a below our quality of their sister restaurant; not worth going back to.Special Features:
- Unfortunate dissatisfactionEdvinas13Dined on 6/1/2014I went to Francesca's a couple nights ago for my 21st birthday. It's a higher end restaurant so it fit the occasion. The environment was great, typical Italian atmosphere. And as usual, they served pasta dishes. I had a dish that had this delicious roasted chicken and then spaghetti that seemed to be 3 days old and just microwaved. Honestly I would expect better for an Italian restaurant. My mothers meal was also the same, as if the meal had been sitting in the fridge all day. Not fresh at all. I'm very dissappointed in the restaurant. It's Italian, any noodle product should be fresh and delicious, not old, hard and dry. It was a very unpleasant visit for me, especially for my birthday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014The food at the Francesco's restaurants is always terrific. The bruschetta is something that I always look forward to as a starter.Special Features:
- nicetahoeDined on 5/24/2014Nice restaurant; good food. Not overly crowded for a Saturday nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No interactionRichierichVIPDined on 5/22/2014Our experience was less than expected. We went to the bar before dinner and the bartender acted more like a bar back there were specials on but we were not informed. We had a great table our server told us the specials and gave us some time when we ordered he then informed us the special he told us about was no longer available "to bad you missed it" after that he was a mistery server than a Lady came by and asked how our dinner was . I am not share who she was . A disappointment Richard Misiorowski
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014Outstanding food! And Outstanding service from Sheila and Monica they make a great team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Celebrating!HappyGraduationMomDined on 5/17/2014We were at Francesca's Passaggio on a Saturday afternoon after our son's graduation. It was perfect! The food, the staff, the drinks, the service…. everything was just wonderful. We eat there about once every three months and knew it would suit us for this occasion. Thank you!Special Features:
- Reliable ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Francesca's has made a name for itself in the Chicago area by serving excellent, reliably good Italian food at its numerous locations. I can't say that I've ever had anything that was bad at any of their locations. My waitress this particular evening was a bit slow and seemed to be distracted by talking to one particular table. However, I have not typically had any problems with the staff any other time.
- ReliablejcboogersVIPDined on 5/11/2014Been here many times and have never had a bad meal. Menu changes intermittently. Great variety of pasta, seafood, chicken and veal. Great appetizers especially the carpaccio and bruschetta.
- What happened?IkoaikoVIPDined on 5/10/2014We were seated late for our reservation. Asked for a table away from kitchen we were seated near it anyway. While waiting had a blah cocktail served in a warm glass by an indifferent bartender. Server was pleasant but overwhelmed. Ordered the risotto which is usually delicious and it was inedible. Entrees were just ok. The place was loud, crowded, and it just seemed nobody cared. I have enjoyed Francesca's in the past but if this is the new normal, no thanks. The restaurant is looking tired too. Somebody needs to come in and take a hard look at things on every level.Special Features:
- Good foodJFKDINERDined on 5/9/2014This is a very good local restaurant. Enjoyed the outside dining.Special Features:
- Not a great nightAwkwardDined on 5/8/2014The mood changed in the middle of service. The man with his son behind us lost control of his temper and yelled profanity at our waitress and scolded her for insulting his son, and something to do with the length of time they waited. I'm not even sure what the issue was. They stormed out as she followed. They continued at the entrance. My chair was pushed and bumped as they argued on the way out. We were very uncomfortable. My to go order came out barely warm and not hot due to all the excitement. Our waitress was very kind, and brought out a birthday treat for my friend beforehand as we waited for my order, but the incident truly made us uncomfortable. We may have waited an xtra 30mins to leave because the staff was so distracted.Special Features:
- The following 546 reviews are from the Francesca's Passaggio reviews archive.
- It's all about servicePastaloverDined on 4/27/2014Food is always good but service here and their Jefferson st address has been poor last 2 times. Delayed service, excuses and not welcoming.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsAJC1113Dined on 4/25/2014Food and service are always great! We love to come to this restaurant. I have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entree latebubbleDined on 4/19/20145 people at dinner, 4 entree's came out & the 5th was late. after flagging down waiter, some glass broke by dish & never told us. then didnt offer to discount dish. would've been nice to know what happened
- Sad ServiceAmySueDined on 4/18/2014My husband and I had horrible service. The waiter never gave us his name, did not mention specials, took my drink when there were still a few sips left, took a long time to get meals, while asking if everything was good he left the table while I was mid sentence! When leaving the check he sped past the table and just somewhat slammed it down. We felt like we were in a blooper/ practical joker TV show! Food was good except my fish was a bit under cooked and was to be in a bed of spinach; there were 4 leaves if spinach! I could not believe it, usually this restaurant delivers great service and perfectly cooked and presented food. Highly disappointing.Special Features:
- Great food...outstanding service...LisaDined on 4/6/2014Great food...outstanding service...LOVE this restaurant....Special Features:
- Made to Order!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/5/2014I took my 3 nephews to dinner. They're in junior high and high school. We love the regular menu, but it was a little overwhelming for teenage boys. They all placed 'special orders', and the staff was extremely accommodating. Everyone's order was delicious. It's one of our favorite restaurants. The food is always outstanding, even if you make special requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SolidPaulOVIPDined on 4/1/2014We went on a Tuesday evening and the restaurant was crowded but we were always well taken care of by our server and the food was outstanding. Francesca's delivers amazing quality and is consistent which is why it is one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerFoodreviewerDined on 3/29/2014This was our second time at the restaurant and it was as good as the first time we went. The food is delicious and the menu changes frequently so there is always something new to try. Looking forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's simply the BESTOnlytheBESTDined on 3/22/2014Great food, fabulous people. Spectacular dining experience. It's a regular for us and better than all the others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.