293 E Illinois Rd
Lake Forest, IL 60045Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.miafrancesca.com/
- Phone: 8477359235x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday from 11:30am - 4:00pm
Hours of operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday 11:30am- 10:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Scott Harris - Chef de Cuisine: Marco Rea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private areas of the restaurant may be booked for functions
- Private Party Contact: Shiri Nissim 8477359235x
A word from Francesca's Intimo
Francesca’s Intimo opened in early 2001 and is the 11th restaurant in "The Family of Francesca Restaurants", bringing downtown Lake Forest a restaurant with a contemporary, casually sophisticated trattoria ambiance, good, rustic cooking, friendly service and fair prices. The menu features the zesty earthy cuisine of Rome and the surrounding areas of Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio. The design features a rolled-mesh ceiling, warm woods, and colorful slate. Striking black and white photographs of rural Italian life by Paul Elledge line the walls to create a comfortable, decidedly urban setting. Reservations are accepted for lunch and dinner. Carry out and Catering are also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Francesca's Intimo - Best Restaurants in Lake Forest ›
Francesca's Intimo reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)great for outdoor dining (41)fit for foodies (33)special occasion (33)great for lunch (28)romantic (23)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (9)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- A lovely dinnerDMGMDVIPDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed outdoor dining on a beautiful evening. The peapod salad is always crisp and refreshing. The salmon was perfect.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014Francesca's Intimo serves fabulous food and has terrific service. We have eaten at this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. Quality and taste of the food is delicious and consistent and moderately priced. Our server was very attentive. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad meal1badmealDined on 8/29/2014I ordered a glutin free pizza that was under cooked. The waiter brought a second one that was also under cooked. Both main dishes were over cooked. My pasta was like paste and my wife's fish was dry. For $100 this was a huge disappointment. Will call the resturant to complain. Service was great but waiter did not cook the meal
- GeorgeDined on 8/26/2014Excellent food and excellent service. Our server, Peggy, one of the best servers anywhere.Special Features:
- Delicious!GoodToGoDined on 8/24/2014In Lake Forest on business and Francesca's was recommended as a good place to meet with colleagues. Was wonderful! Great service and all the dishes were fabulous! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Favorite local restauarantNBIXMVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always great for delicious italian food. Outdoor patio delightful in summer. Effortlessly accommodates special requests.Special Features:
- Fine DIning in Lake ForestChicagoTraveler08Dined on 8/17/2014Francesca's is consistently a very good choice for dinner. Pasta, chicken, veal, steak are all excellent choices. The kitchen and staff will also work to adapt to your specific requests. Fairly priced. Very good service.Special Features:
- DisappointingD1t5VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was mediocre. The wine list was very limited. The portions of real food were small; lots of pasta filler. The prices were exorbitant. Overall apathy disappointing experience.
- Always good here !BarbfromVernonHillsVIPDined on 8/8/2014Always have a good meal here. Love it during the summer when you sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more shrimpOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014Pasta is usually always a great choice here, unfortunately this time I was disappointed. Order was a very large portion of good tasting pasta with light sauce on it, but it was a shrimp pasta dish and when it came out no shrimp on top. I literally had to search and only found four shrimp which I would say were medium. Very disappointing for the cost paid. Should have gone with the pasta and sausage combo as the cost was cheaper and plenty of sausage was included with the pasta. Blueberry bread pudding and blueberry gelato for dessert was the best part of the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentStanDined on 8/2/2014Francesca's continues to delight us with wonderful food, fine service and good value. This time we dined outdoors on a lovely afternoon. Perfect. We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- mickeykVIPDined on 7/29/2014Party of 6 sat at outside oval table. Wonderful summer scene. Nice service. 5 out of 6 meals very good, well seasoned and presented beautifully on plate. My wife's chicken dish very flavorful, but the chicken meat very soggy like it had been pre-cooked and rewarmed several times. We like this place and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MitchDined on 7/26/2014Food and service was good. The outdoor dining experience was too loud making conversation difficult.I would recommend this to a friend.
- r199VIPDined on 7/23/2014Pleasant atmosphere, good food with a limited menu, typical of this chain. Whereas other Francesca restaurants usually have good service, the service here was cheerfully slow. Although drinks came promptly, it took over half an hour to order and another 30 plus minutes for the food ( pasta dishes and dinner salads) to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and DeliciousCalamustardVIPDined on 7/21/2014Summer pizza topped with fresh tomatoes and herbs, hangar steak salad, and pasta dish were split in the kitchen, offering a delicious and beautiful meal for two on a very special occasion. Many seasonal options on their lunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time - A WinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014The server was amazing and patient & the food was good. A little saltier than I'd like for the lobster ravioli - but overall it was good. The 1/2 chicken my date had was perfect! The blueberry bread pudding was AMAZING!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food !BarbfromVernonHillsVIPDined on 7/20/2014One of our favorite restaurants--always good food--and especially nice in the summer when you can sit outside and eat.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningKaren384Dined on 7/19/2014After spotting Francesca's during a bike ride , we tried it for a Saturday evening dinner. The setting was beautiful.... The service was knowledgeable and attentive . And the food was incredible. What more could you ask for !! Thank you for a very enjoyable evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian in LFrobbDined on 7/19/2014Went here with a gift certificate for my anniversary. Haven't had traditional Italian in a while and glad we went to Francesca's. Outdoor seating looked nice but busy and full so we just had a table for two inside. Right from the moment we sat down to the time we left our waitress was awesome! We had calamari app which was fantastic. We had a salad with some honey balsamic dressing which was also great. My wife got the salmon pasta dish in vodka sauce which was solid. I had the lobster ravioli in vodka sauce and it was perfect. We finished it off with the blueberry bread pudding and I wish my wife didn't eat most of it b/c it was wonderful. Wish it had a better bar scene but it's a family Italian restaurant so I get it.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Overall very good, the food was excellent, the bread was hard and dry, but the wine and service and ambiance was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DarthVIPDined on 7/13/2014I have eaten at this Francesca's many times. This is the first time that the experience was not satisfactory. The service from the waitstaff was excellent. Our main courses (tilapia and salmon) were also very good. However, the appetizers (risotto and mussels) were quite bland. In addition, I had called several hours before our reservation to tell the staff that we were celebrating the anniversary of the couple we were eating with who are regular customers of Intimo. I asked if they could do something (a dessert with a candle, etc.) and they assured me they would. I kept waiting after dinner expecting them to bring a dessert as they have in the past for such events, but all we got was the check. All we could do then was pay and leave.
- Beware the Bugspcsk8VIPDined on 7/13/2014The outdoor patio is nicely lined with table level planters. However they attract lots of bugs intent on sharing your food. The menu is very limited as is the amount of salmon served with the over abundant pasta.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2014I normally love Francesca's, but this was my most disappointing experience yet. Slow service and nothing we ordered was very impressive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulieDined on 7/11/2014Food great. Waiter a bit aloof. Airconditioning was broken so we had to eat outside. Fortunately it was warm and didn't rain outside. We had a recerv so would have like to know about a/cSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/9/2014Nice evening with excellent food and service. Outdoor dining are was very nice.Special Features:
- Lively and fun, but...KatieBVIPDined on 6/30/2014I just wish their portions weren't so huge. I really don't need a bowl of pasta that's enough for 3 people. Also, I thought the pasta was going to be shell-shaped and it was rigatoni, instead. Place is lively and fun, service good, and menu has a nice range. For some reason, this place and others has flat tonic water and club soda. Wish it was fizzier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local treatAwesomeDined on 6/30/2014Solid food, great service and a nice location in the very uppity downtown area of Lake Forest. I would have given an overall 5 but the parking issue held me back. Guys, you need get that figured out, it is very difficult to find parking.Special Features:
- jendVIPDined on 6/27/2014Quite some time had passed since we last dined at Francesca's, and we would not hurry back after our experience Friday evening. We sat for the better part of 15 minutes before anyone approached our table. Finally, when we asked for our waiter, one of the hostesses came and took our drink order. We can always be forgiving if the waiter comes and explains the situation, but to completely ignore the table is just not acceptable. There are too many alternatives, restaurant-wise, to put up with bad service.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014The food was excellent, the wait service was friendly, funny, complimentary, very helpful with menu choices, and the food came quickly. The presentation was awesome and was very tasty. We were there at 3:30 pm so it was pretty early with only a few other customers in the restaurant. That can change things obviously but I am pretty sure quality wouldn't be compromised, just the speed. We will go back when we return to the area for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient, friendly and tastyCarlosMontoya1Dined on 6/16/2014Very nice service and nicely presented. Good quality.Special Features:
- Always GreatFromUpNorthDined on 6/15/2014The pasta dishes are always tasty and well-prepared. Portions are large, so ask for less pasta or be prepared to take some home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner DateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014Reservation was honored and we were immediately seated. The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable and allowed time for a drink and conversation before introducing the evening's specials. The appetizer arrived and again time was allowed for relaxing enjoyment and conversation. The entrees were delicious and we split a dessert that topped the evening.Special Features:
- Delicious, Italian Wines by GlassDelightedDinerVIPDined on 6/11/2014This popular Italian restaurant in Lake Forest is indeed a "neighborhood gem" that is always reliable and generally packed but very hospitable. Our server on this last visit, Diane, was a model waitperson, and she, as well as the menu, specials and wine list, insured a happy experience for all at our table. That not only are domestic wines available by the glass for chauvinists and xenophobes - or for those whose knowledge may be limited to the varietals, Chardonnay, Cabernet and Merlot - but a good number of Italian ones also for those who recognize that they did choose to dine on "Italian" fare. For example, with respect to white wine, not only is palatable Pinot Grigio and Prosecco offered by the serving but Gavi and Vermentino as well!Special Features:
- Hadn't been in a whileredfisherDined on 6/7/2014Food is good, consistent, wait staff was nice, hadn't been in a while. Will go more often.Special Features:
- Francesca ( Lake Forest)lovetoeatDined on 6/4/2014We had several meals there.wonderful food. friendly reception and staff.Pleasent ambience. We enjoyed our lunch.will be back.Special Features:
- Delicious, festive and filling!GloMoDined on 5/28/2014Our 18 year old daughter LOVES this place so we decided to take her here for her high school graduation. Six of us shared delicious appetizers, bread and salads and we all ordered our own main courses. Everything tasted fresh and was seasonal, as usual. The coconut cake for dessert was divine and our waitress could not have been friendlier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food okLuliDined on 5/28/2014Great service in a nice and warm place. I ordered a veggie Ravioli and the sauce was great, but the Ravioli should be warmer. It was fine, but could be better. It is a nice choice, anyway.Special Features:
- Don't let the quality slipMikeVIPDined on 5/23/2014We prefer outside dining at Intimo; you can have a conversation with your fellow diners. Because of the weather, we ate inside this time. The vibe was great, but so noisy. And, lest you think I'm just a crabby old guy, I can't imagine anyone having a conversation above the din. The dishes were also uneven this trip; my seafood and pasta was exceptional; my wife's chicken tough and salty. The waiter was either overworked, confused, or both as he mixed up the orders from different tables and then disappeared for long stretches. We still enjoy Intimo and will go back for sure, but the place has to keep the food consistent. And, yes, only go when the weather is warm enough to dine al fresco.Special Features:
- Great food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2014Excellent service. Food was well prepared. We especially liked the fact that they didn't put a ton of salt in the food. Courses were presented in a timely, but unrushed manner. Definitely will be backSpecial Features:
- Gluten free menuGlutenfreeDined on 5/18/2014This is a favorite of ours because of the extensive gluten free menu. Also, the chef is willing to make most of what is found on the regular menu gluten free whenever possible! Bravo for him understanding the needs of those of us who must be gluten free due to medical reasons!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.