Francesca's at Sunset at the La Cantera Hill Country Resorts
16641 La Cantera Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78256Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Francesca's at Sunset at the La Cantera Hill Country Resorts
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: 2105582442x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining room available
- Private Party Contact: Shane Tiller 2105513242x
- Special Events: For the last thirteen years, the restaurant has been renowned for its breathtaking view of sunsets over the Texas Hill Country and creative culinary dinner experience.
A word from Francesca's at Sunset at the La Cantera Hill Country Resorts
Located inside La Cantera Hill Country Resort step into the Francesca’s at Sunset for a sensory dining experience. South Texas cuisine meets Southwestern flair to bring you distinctive, profound flavors. Working with local vendors, Francesca’s offers the new, evolving "Farm-to-Table" menu featuring naturally nurtured produce and game, resulting in seasonal, fresh fare. Enhance your culinary journey with a selection from our award-winning, hotel sommelier-developed wine list. Food and wine pairings are available. Entertain your visual senses with commanding views of the Texas Hill Country inside an artistically inspired ambiance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Francesca's at Sunset at the La Cantera Hill Country Resorts - Best Restaurants in North San Antonio ›
Francesca's at Sunset at the La Cantera Hill Country Resorts reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (27)special occasion (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (16)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Delicious DinnerwynedivaDined on 10/10/2014The food and wine were outstanding as well as the very attentive service. You cannot beat the sunset view either. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014pace and service were perfect. dishes were checked to make sure that they were spot on. food presentation was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014We will defiantly be back for more special occasions and even those non-special onesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- besteaterDined on 9/6/2014Best food. Great for celebration. Great view. Great waiters. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2yearsKschendtDined on 8/31/2014We went to celebrate our two years together while staying at the La Cantera Resort. It was a great atmosphere for the occasion and our waiter did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewRamirezDined on 8/29/2014The view, especially at sunset, is magnificent. The service was excellent. Some of our food was a little overcooked, especially the duck. The seasoning was delicious but it was a little overcooked. The menu has a nice variety of different types of entrees. No particular type of meat dominates the menu.Special Features:
- 25th Anniversarymap123Dined on 8/26/2014We enjoyed our anniversary at Francesa's...........................Special Features:
- Great View/Great Food!aggiegirl02Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I celebrated our 6th anniversary here, spectacular sunset view we had of hill country, great service and food! They also surprised us with a cake for our anniversary since I had written we were dining there due to a special occassion!Special Features:
- Enjoyable MealGoodfoodDined on 8/16/2014I'm no foodie, but all courses of the meal was thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess not greatjimmieDined on 8/14/2014We had specified a hill country view & she seated us in an area of the restaurant w/ a mediocre view. When I complained, she didn't change our table. I didn't appreciate this at all!!!! because they had empty tables w/ better views. This was on August 14. whoever was hostess that night!Special Features:
- 25 th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014We loved our table. The view was spectacular. My husbands filet was cooked perfect. The pea purée was strange. My Lobster dish was pitiful. For 80 dollars it should have been more than two claws and about 4 more bites. The turnips were under cooked and still had the root cord on them. I did not want to spoil the night by complaining. We will not return. Sorry but if I managed a restaurant of that caliber I would want to know and I would keep an eye on what is coming out of the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greathot2someDined on 7/25/2014The restaurant decor is very nice and the service was excellent. Jaime was good but his assistant, Patrick, was great. Both the food and wine menus were 'limited' compared to other equally priced venues. I had the catch of the day and enjoyed it very much. My lady friend had the organic chicken and it was rather bland. I ordered a Caesar salad for $16 ... it had about 8 to 10 romaine leaves with the house caesar dressing that lacked flavor and spice. While the food was good, with so many excellent restaurants in San Antonio from which to choose, we probably won't be going back. Just my taste ... just my opinion.
- Great experienceRickSDined on 7/21/2014from the on-line reservation, great food and great service it made for an enjoyable evening to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fransesca's at SunsetKim39Dined on 7/16/2014Great food, excellent wine list (glass and bottle) and experienced wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad bad food!FoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Bad bad food! What happened to this place? It used to be wonderful. 6 people for dinner and everyone's meal was bad. Couldn't even serve a good steak. Dry fish. Boring prep. And way overpriced. I heard they are getting ready to shut down....that's the only thing that could explain food that is this bad. What a ripoff.
- Good foodRolandReviewsDined on 6/24/2014The food was very good. It may be a bit overpriced though. $14 for two scallops is a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 219 reviews are from the Francesca's at Sunset at the La Cantera Hill Country Resorts reviews archive.
- Francesca's at Sunset at La CanteraMulderDined on 6/21/2014Francesca's at Sunset at the La Cantera was very nice, I wanted a romantic environment for my second year anniversary with my wife. I didn't check the romantic box because I wouldn't consider it "romantic", but did have romantic feel in the evening. The large party seated a few tables away was noisy, they had been drinking before they arrived. The staff was extremely friendly and attended to us promptly. The view was beautiful and was allowed to walk on the patio and take photos. The menu has a modest selection, but the food was great. This is a one year place for us, as the prices ranged from $30-$50 a plate.Special Features:
- KaloDined on 6/19/2014Surprisingly great meal and great staff, well done.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningDebsVIPDined on 6/19/2014Delicious food! Perfectly cooked filet - melt in your mouth! Enjoyable evening and very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views, food, and serviceLynnVVIPDined on 6/18/2014From the moment we were seated we were treated like royalty. Amazing food, service, and a view worth enjoying over a leisurely meal.Special Features:
- AMAZING dinner!BeccaParoDined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Francesca's and brought our two young children along. The staff was extremely accommodating of the kiddos and we had a lovely evening. All of the food was beautifully prepared and tasted even better than it looked. We were seated by a window that allowed us to view the sunset behind the hill country, breathtaking! I highly recommend Francesca's for a date night or a special family meal!Special Features:
- Excellent!CraigVIPDined on 6/6/2014Was a wonderful dinner with a excellent view of the resort abd the hill country! Always ask for Steve to help you with your wine choices!Special Features:
- have to try itDianeVIPDined on 5/30/2014You need to try this restaurant for a fabulous dinner and great ambience. Service superb. Excellent menu.Special Features:
- Great PlaceWOWWDined on 5/17/2014We live in SA have been to Francesca's several times. Every experience has been outstanding.Special Features:
- Great food but Change the music!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014The service, the food and the view were great. However we would have enjoyed our evening even more without the constant "elevator music". Please play better quality music or none!Special Features:
- Francesca's at SunsetRemyBoyDined on 5/15/2014We had a lovely table facing the golf course and watched the sun set. I ordered the Beef tenderloin, my husband ordered the rack of lamb. My steak was delicious, cooked perfect and a hearty portion. The rack of lamb, while cooked correct was four little chops, hardly enough for a guy. He ate the rest of my steak. The sides that the meat dishes come with are not very tasty and small portion. You can order sides separately which we did, garlic mashed potatoes. Overall the view was nice, the restaurant staff nice, but expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- SpectacularAwesome0activities0girlDined on 5/11/2014I am an employee in the recreation department and I thought dining at Francesca's was the absolute best choice hands down. My mother and I had a wonderful time! It was hilarious because a coworker of mine dined 15 minutes later than I did and I had asked the staff to bring out a box of flowers for my mom to be on the table when we went out and they sent the box to my coworkers table! When the host came to our table to apologize, my mother and I couldn't stop ourselves from laughing! We thought his little mishap was adorable and overall, we enjoyed ourselves at Francesca's! I plan on bringing my dad here on Father's Day! A special thanks to chef Annie! She came out to talk to us for a few minutes about the food. That was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occassions PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014We have enjoyed this restaurant ever siceit opened. We go there for special occassions as it is a little pricey. Our last experience ( over a year ago)was not good as the quality of the food had declined. This time it great again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view so-so FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014Celebrated big deal with treating my wife and I to Lobster dinner. Lobster was overlooked so mushy. At $100/lobster the chef should know how to cook it. Service was good.Special Features:
- francesca'sspecialdinnerDined on 4/30/2014Parking is a nice leisurely walk to the restaurant. Our table was ready right on time. We were asked why we came which was for our anniversary. The staff never forgot the entire time to ask how our anniversary dinner was, did we need anything. The key for us is they remembered (all the staff) why we picked Francesca's. The service and food was excellent. The price typical for a high end restaurant with a lot of staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On ParthequietdinerDined on 3/28/2014Service was what you would expect from nice restaurant - not smothering, but readily attentive. Main course was outstanding and the sides were perfect. A note on the seating arrangement: if you want the best view of the sunset, ask for a table on the west wall. We sat on the northwest wall and the view was obstructed. In summation, we'll be dining here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine-dining means fine-dining;jelmarDined on 3/16/2014We live in San Antonio and had been wanting to try Francesca's for quite some time. The restaurant was reasonably quiet (just as we had hoped for on a Sunday night) and immediately the host honored our request for "the most scenic-view table". We ordered the 3-course fixed price seafood special, added an appetizer, and a bottle of wine. The food and wine were quite nice, although the wine did have a sizable mark-up for a Texas winery wine. Our biggest frustration was one that is common to hotel restaurants: families with children or even adults with chain-restaurant palates coming into a fine-dining establishment and wanting to order casual dining meals. This takes a lot of staff time to accommodate. Still deciding if we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely valentines dinnerSpringDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed our pre fixe dinner with accompanying wines. Nice selections. Delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines 2014FisherstanDined on 2/14/2014The ambiance and service were excellent as usual. However the menu lacked sophistication. Most restaurants were offering 4 courses.. The 3 courses @ Francescas just didn't merit the $65 charge. The chef's amuse was a nickle sized piece of watermelon with a drop of tasteless foam on top (cheap and lazy). Dessert was so bland and boring, and the butter cake was also incredibly dry... Just not worth the calories... This was our 3rd and last Vday visit to Francescas... There are just too many great and inventive restaurants in SA to keep settling for mediocre, regardless of of the great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Valentine's DayLauraDDined on 2/14/2014I was presented with a long-stemmed rose upon arrival on Valentine's Day. Service was excellent. We had a beautiful view of the sunset. I was surprised it was not more crowded. 'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Valentine's Dinner 2014JaimeVIPDined on 2/14/2014Enjoyed Valentine's Day dinner with esposa here. We made reservations to time our meal with the sunset. Ambiance is nice, quiet, romantic. Staff were very attentive. Great view! Prix fixe three-course offering. Esposa went with the salad and I with the squash soup. Round 1: I won! The soup was thick, creamy, tasty, w/ hint of curry spice. Round 2: Ribeye on a bed of perfectly cooked mashed potatoes and greens. Both steaks perfectly charred outside and juicy inside, lacking a bit in flavor (not salty enough). Round 3: Dessert. Delicious dense cake with fruit and chocolate gelato. Each course perfectly paired with wine. Server slowed pace at my request for a leisurely meal. Manager checked on things more than once. Overall: GREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Eveningrc3722Dined on 2/1/2014It was our 34th wedding aniversary so I wanted every thing to be special and it was. I had flowers delivered and they were on our table when we arrived. Nothing was rushed and we enjoyed an excelent bottle of wine as we watched a beautiful sunset from our table. The salad was perfect as was our dinner and every thing was brought out with perfect timing so as not to rush us. We really appreciated the complimentary desert and as with the rest of the meal was delicious. I really want to compliment the wait staff and thier care in making this a trully enjoyable evening. I highly recommend Francesca's and will definitly will be returning for dinner soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good ExperienceCalvinDined on 1/31/2014Good ambiance. Taste of food excellent. I was a little disappointed with portion of lamb rack, very small. Wait staff was very attentive and cordial. The restaurant even took note that it was my spouse's birthday and served a small German Chocolate cake, very thoughtful. To their credit, the manger only charged me for half the rack of lamb as the portion size was half the normal order.Special Features:
- Awesome food/Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/21/2014Loved the steak as well as the waiter, very attentive and made a special request on the steak. A+++++Special Features:
- second visit as good as firstrickDined on 1/12/2014I had planned dinner for friends visiting from Barcelona, and wanted this to be a special evening. The setting in the restaurant is upscale, with a quiet ambience for easy, relaxed conversation. My request for a table along the windows, overlooking the hillsides was honored, making for a pleasing visual treat. The wait staff were prompt and completely attentive throughout the evening. Dinner was delicious; I would recommend the swordfish or the redfish. In summary, the evening was just terrific. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.