174 North York Road
Elmhurst, IL 60126Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.miafrancesca.com/
- Phone: 6302797970x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday & Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Humberto Martinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Francesca’s Amici also offers private and semi-private dining rooms that can accommodate up to 100 guests for seated meals, and 125 guests for cocktail parties.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Gerenstein 6302477747x
A word from Francesca's Amici
Francesca’s Amici opened in July 1999 and is the 6th restaurant in "The Family of Francesca Restaurants", bringing downtown Elmhurst a restaurant with a contemporary, casually sophisticated trattoria ambiance, good, rustic cooking, friendly service and fair prices. The menu features the zesty earthy cuisine of Rome and the surrounding areas of Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio. Located in the heart of downtown Elmhurst, the restaurant is centrally located to Downtown Chicago and the Western Suburbs. The design features a rolled-mesh ceiling, warm woods, colorful slate and geometric light fixtures. Striking black and white photographs of rural Italian life by Paul Elledge line the walls to create a comfortable, decidedly urban setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Francesca's Amici reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (18)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good food for a quick biteRedBirdDined on 8/29/2014Neighborhood gem with good food. Portions can be big but they let us split a few entrees. Risotto of the Sea is always good and they have great mussels. Pizza Marguerite is also a fav - love the cracker crust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be better.DevilDogVetDined on 8/8/2014Arrived at 5PM. Wait staff seemed to be in disarray. My order of soup never arrived. Food that did arrive however was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014This was an average dining experience. Our waitress was really nice and the food came out fast. They did not see my reservation though which irritated me right from the start.Special Features:
- A treatJenniferDined on 7/10/2014Fine dining with great service. Amazing desserts. Great drink specials. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A go-to spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2014Francesca's in Elmhurst is always a go-to spot for great Italian food. We've never had a bad meal or experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, better service!MishyDined on 6/27/2014Went to dinner with a group of 5, they had our table waiting and server was with us right away! She took excellent care of all of us and even got us to order desert (which never happens, but was amazing btw). We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodJoesEatsDined on 6/20/2014My party of 4 all had the waiter recommended skate wing and it was delicious: the fish was tender inside and crispy outside with a light lemon caper sauce with briefly spinich/garlic on top. It was great. The atmosphere is a little laking however, not up to other Francesca's that I have been to.Special Features:
- place has an ever changing menugreatdateDined on 6/20/2014Shared a proscuitto and necatrine appetizer laced with balsamic vinagrette dressing DELICIOUSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Francesca'sGratiot1969Dined on 6/12/2014This is location it tied with their downtown Naperville location as my favorite Francesca's restaurant. Always consistently good and continually modify and update their menu. Need to get here more often.Special Features:
- Loved it!ItalianRedDined on 6/4/2014Francesca's Amici in Elmhurst was excellent. The food was great, the service was excellent and the location in downtown Elmhurst was very accommodating. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Just a note to all....the menu is limited, but there is something for everyone!Special Features:
- Great food and servicerosaDined on 6/1/2014I loved this place. The food was great, the choices across the board for fish, pasta and meat. Our server was very attentive but not annoying. Everyone working there had a great attitude . I highly recommend Francesca's for any occasionSpecial Features:
- Good Food Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2014The food was very good with a lot of good options. However our waitress was a nightmare. She did not know the menu, was unfamiliar with the wines and was rude. Also we rushed at the end. Clearly the waitstaff wanted to get out of there.Special Features:
- The following 515 reviews are from the Francesca's Amici reviews archive.
- Always OutstandingHoodGemGr8VibeDined on 5/3/2014We were dining with 2 couples that have never been to Francescas. They oooohhhhed and aaaahhhhhhed through the meal. The Service is always TOP NOTCH; the food is always OUTSTANDING, very flavorful. On top of that the cost is not outrageous. The bar has a great vibe but its not so loud or acoustically poor such that 50-60 year old can still have conversations in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014We went here to catch up with family. It was perfect for the occasion. The food was really good and reasonably priced. The service was attentive, yet unintrusive. We had a wonderful dining experience and look forward to going again.Special Features:
- Great food very noisyMegsalzDined on 4/24/2014Our food and service was great. Unfortunately there was a group of five that had a speaker phone conversation almost the entire time they were there. As our room filled up they just spoke louder to their speaker phone friend. Very rude but what could we do. It wasn't up to our server to tell them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieBJF1Dined on 4/20/2014It was my first time at the restaurant. I went here for sunday brunch so I'm not familiar with their regular menu. The food selection was very good. I ordered an egg white omelet that came out a little too oily but other than that, everything was great. The staff was passing out easter eggs to the little kids which I thought was adorable. I would for sure recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Nice placeCebsixDined on 4/15/2014The staff was friendly and helpful. Servicing time was reasonable. The food was delicious and plentiful.Special Features:
- Great place for a group of friends.KellyDined on 4/12/2014We met friends here for dinner because it was a convenient meeting place for all of us. It is a typical Francesca restaurant, few surprises. Our Salad Francesca was good, our pastas were good, the pizza was good but I've had better at other Francesca's. Our server was nice too. Although I everything was nice nothing wowed us. I long for the days when one could vouch t on a really delicious meal at Francesca's. Everything now seems mass produced. It's a shame.Special Features:
- Fresh Homemade Italian foodMkjHDined on 4/4/2014The food was all homemade and all awesome! Service was great and they serve both butter and EVOO with bread. Infused EVOO was out of this world, would love the recipe. Best restaurant in town!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteSueCDined on 3/29/2014Francesca's Amici does not disappoint. We have tried and true favorites we always like to order (carpaccio!) but are always pleased when we branch out (spinach ravioli!). The service was especially good - water glasses filled, fast service but not rushed, very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightJoyfulDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I enjoyed the ambiance and relaxed evening we had at Fracesca's. The food was delicious and our waitress was knowledgeable and attentive, but not bothersome. A perfect evening. Praise God!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than most othersRogerDined on 3/26/2014Living on the South side, I'm familiar with the Francescas in Orland and a couple of others. Actually, I hadn't been impressed with the others, but was meeting a friend close to Elmhurst, had a gift card, so we went. My date had the same opinion of the chain, but the Elmhurst location is the Gem of the group - larger, more comfortable, better service, better bar. Definitely worth a tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is up to the standardslakeviewdinerVIPDined on 3/22/2014Food is up to the standards of the Francesca's chain, but the atmosphere was awful. The dining room was one big loud unpleasant experience. Go here if you have a group of 20 that intends to celebrate, otherwise stay in the front.
- DeliciousGramiecrackerDined on 3/8/2014My homemade spinach pasta with lamb Ragusa was delicious . I asked for extra sauce and they brought me a bowl of it. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousImouttoeatagainDined on 3/7/2014Try the linguini, scallops, and spinach in a light tomato cream sauce. It is so good, it is worth the calories. The bread here is fabulous too. I didn't mention the attentive service, and the creative drinks. This place is the whole package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday March 7,2014AllyDinerDined on 3/7/2014Our experience at Francesca's was average. I have been to this location and other locations in the past and felt the food was better in the past. The room we were in was very loud and there was a table next to us that was very close to us. These people may have even worked for the restaurant. It was hard to have a conversation because we were constantly distracted by the people next to us. Overall the experience was fine, we will come back but make sure to ask not to sit so close to other tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentfrancescafanVIPDined on 3/7/2014Francesca Amici is on of our regular spots and they never fail to provide good fresh food, well prepared, with outstanding service. they have a solid, simple wine list that is rotated regularly. There is a great bar and is always lively.Special Features:
- Date Night FavoriteChristopherJrDined on 3/6/2014This is one of our favorite date night places! We like to go on Wednesday because of the $5 martini specials!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014Great food and service. We eat here often and find it's great whether we bring the kids or are just eating out as a couple. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night OutcsostakDined on 2/22/2014This was a great spot for a date night for my wife and me. The food was excellent and they had a great gluten free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in ElmhurstMaryDined on 2/16/2014We split our Francesca's experiences between Elmhurst and Palos Park and after last night's meal, our stomach lies with Palos Park. Palos Park is well worth the drive. Very slow service in Elmhurst; we waited ten minutes for our waiter to come to the table. Our Bruschetta was never ordered and our waiter never checked if our meal was satisfactory. Kudos to Palos Park for always making our trip worth it!
- You can never go wrong at AmiciKittyDined on 2/14/2014Francesca's is our go to place for a delicious Italian meal and a fun and lively atmosphere. The food was great as always and our server Sharon was friendly and accommodating. We love Francesca's Amici!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great as usual, serviceBigAl1998Dined on 2/14/2014Food was great as usual, service was outstanding. Surprised that there was no special desert for Valentine's day.Special Features:
- Valentine Day ExperienceTomLDined on 2/14/2014We arrived right at our reservation time, and we were immediately seated. Our server gave us ample tie to review the menu and when we ordered, our food came promptly. Dinner was good, and there was no rushing us out on one of the busiest days of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant, friendly atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Pleasant, friendly atmosphere. Knowledgable server and good service.Special Features:
- Friendly atmosphere with excellentPugslyDined on 2/14/2014We have been here several times. The service is always excellent and the food is very good. They have a scratch kitchen so you can change any dish to be prepared the way you like it. If you don't see exactly what you want on the menu, ask and chances are good that they can make it for you. Always a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I love this place been here twice but I feel this time I was being rush is it because it was valentines day ..my wife and I were still eating and they saw my son didn't want to eat his food anymore which still a lot left on his plate and the lady and gentlemen came to us different time and ask us if we want to put his food for Togo and i said not yet it is kind of rude doing that and we are not even done eating .. Overall the food I ordered was shrimp Alfredo was good ..my wife her food wasn't so good the fettuccine chicken was not enough sauce kind of dry and my son carbonara wasn't that good either that's why he only had a little bit.. Service was fast , ambiance was nice.Special Features:
- Great place to eat!LarryDined on 2/8/2014The food is always quality and the portions are more than adequate. The only issue I have is we were seated in the same room as a large family party and the noise from them was over the top. Because this was the first time this has happened, I would be more picky my next visit about the seating.Special Features:
- LOVE coming here!sabrinaVIPDined on 2/1/2014This is one of my favorites places, because it's ALWAYS good.Special Features:
- we love this placedwf8Dined on 2/1/2014great food, friendly staff, and the menu changes regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.