Fraiche - Santa Monica
312 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Fraiche - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fraicherestaurantla.com/
- Phone: 3104517482
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Lunch: Mon to Friday 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Happy Hour: 3:00 p.m. to Close daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Junior Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: In the rear of the restaurant lies an intimate VIP room with a formidable wall of wine crafted from dark oak. Seating approximately 50 guests, the venue is ideal for entertainment industry events, corporate meetings or family celebrations.
- Private Party Facilities: Fraiche restaurant offers you and your guests an experience to remember! From multi-course tasting dinners with tailored wine pairing, to cocktail parties and family style dining, we can customize the experience for almost any taste and budget!
- Private Party Contact: Thierry Fassiotti 3104517482
A word from Fraiche - Santa Monica
Culver City’s Fraîche opened to wide acclaim in 2007, winning best new restaurant of the year from both Angeleno and Los Angeles magazines and Top 10 Best New Restaurants in the country by influential NY Times Restaurant Critic Frank Bruni. The Fraîche team now heads West to Santa Monica to open its second outpost with same inspiration: Provençal bistros and Tuscan osterias where simple, rustic dishes are crafted from ingredients obtained at a village market that morning.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fraiche - Santa Monica reviews from OpenTable diners
- Can recommend this oneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2012I have enjoyed the culver city location for many years but they shuttered that location and have just this one. They have revamped the menu and pricing. The portion for the mussel was generous. About 18-22 for a starter We split a pizza and the chicken which was were both good The wine selection was better than others The pizza had a nice crisp crust and the chicken was fried and moist to perfection Service was really on the ball. Maybe due to the fact that it was raining and almost Xmas But I would like to think that this is the norm at this establishment Ymmv but for me it's a recommend. We really had an enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features:
- Unfortunately, we learnedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/21/2012Unfortunately, we learned that Fraiche will be closing before Christmas.
- Will come back again for sure.WLAMomVIPDined on 12/20/2012A group of us went there recently, and we all enjoyed our food. One in particular really loved her pasta, saying that it was the best ever, and she is quite fussy. The server was friendly, but the food took a while to come out.Special Features:
- This was our first time toeat2dayDined on 12/12/2012This was our first time to your restaurant and will defintely not be the last. The price is very reasonable for what you are getting.Special Features:
- This location and the CulverOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/9/2012This location and the Culver City location were once among my favorite LA restaurants. Culver City has closed and Santa Monica has morphed into to an average gastro pub. After going for many years, I don't see myself going back to Fraiche.
- Appetizers were okay. PizzalippeeDined on 11/19/2012Appetizers were okay. Pizza was not edible. The used canned jalepanos on the Hawaiian pizza.Special Features:
- A Wonderful EveningJaneDined on 11/17/2012The ambiance is warm and the dining room is very low-key and attractive.Menu has changed--it is more limited and casual but more affordable. We 6 liked it! The monkfish was fantastic and 4 of us ordered it. Appetizers and deserts were varied and delicious. The restaurant wasn't busy that rainy Sat night--a treat for us! The hostess was incredibly nice, accommodating and attentive. The service was constant without being intrusive. The noise level was comfortable. The table for 6 was just the right size and everyone could talk to everyone else at the table without yelling or strain. My only objection was that they let the valet off duty--that wasn't smart as everyone had to walk to and from the parking structures in the rain.Special Features:
- Fraiche has really steppedbwoodgalDined on 11/13/2012Fraiche has really stepped up since it first opened up. I love their $10 pasta menu, and especially the penne arrabiata with mussels. What I didn't like was that I've ordered that 3x now and only once did it actually come out with mussels. Thought that was bizarre. Lunch time service still needs some work as it is hard to flag down a waitress to take your order, refill drinks and get checks.Special Features:
- The first time I ate there,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2012The first time I ate there, I thought my meal was the best ever. You can imagine my disappointment when this last meal was the worst. The food was almost non eatable
- great food at a great price.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 11/5/2012the food is quite good and the prices are great. dare I say it but the restaurant has gotten quite a bit cheeper with no change is quality.Special Features:
- Made it a nice evening!!maliburonVIPDined on 11/3/2012Food was wonderful...steak great and reasonable $$...however the waitress was not good... never around..had to ask twice to get wine uncorked..had to ask twice for a Steak knife. Should not have to ask even once for wine or knife. Anyway it was a good evening because we refused to let the service bother us...oh by the way they also over charged us on our check...make sure to check your check.Special Features:
- Not sure what happened toOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/2/2012Not sure what happened to this place but it definitely isn't the same Fraiche anymore. Most of the popular menus items are gone. Also the service has gone really down hill. We had to ask for our drinks twice and when we ordered both salads and a main dish everything came at once. This will no longer be top on my list for an SM restaurant.
- Wonderful French FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2012Second time here and again was not disappointed. Started off with the roasted corn pizza then on to the beat salad and then muscles. All excellent. For main courses we had the vegitable risotto and monkfish. Both great with the monkfish being outstanding. No room for desert. Reasonably priced for wonderful (and approachable) French food. Servioe was very pleasant and attentive. Wine list was reasonable as well.Special Features:
- Food was fabulous and quiteVeniceVIPDined on 10/28/2012Food was fabulous and quite reasonable. Mark was a wonderful waiter. You must try the chocolate purse and the trio of creme brulee. The Fraiche salad is also great. We really enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Thank you for making my birthdayjustoKVIPDined on 10/19/2012Thank you for making my birthday very special! The pork chops were very juicy and the sweet potato was so soft, as was my husband's mashed potato. My daughter had the Spaghetti Pomodoro and "loved" the sauce! We would come back to "this" Fraiche many times!Special Features:
- I had always wanted to goOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2012I had always wanted to go to Fraiche in Culver City, and I was really excited to see it here in Santa Monica. We went for my boyfriend's birthday and everyone was very attentive. He ordered a bespoke cocktail, and Josh mixed him an amazing custom drink, and then came over to see how it was received. The service was outstanding. I wish I could remember our waitress's name, but she was also very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. The food was very tasty, and perfectly prepared. I already have ideas about what I want to try next time I go! I would recommend Fraiche to anyone looking for a special date night, or just a nice evening out with friends.Special Features:
- Not what I exprectedhappydinerDined on 10/17/2012Ordered the Fungi salad - I didn't care for it. The dressing was way too sweet. My friend ordered the turkey burger - ordinary. Truffle fries seemed as if they were mixed with a fresh and old batch. Some of the fries were quite tasty but others were greasy and overcooked.
- Fantastic Food!SpudboyDined on 10/13/2012The food was fantastic. Try the Monkfish or the Brisket, you won't be disappointed! Service was great and the prices were very reasonable. Don't miss out on this neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- The restaurant was not whatinahurryDined on 10/13/2012The restaurant was not what we had expected. It's a much lower end menu and atmosphere than what it used to be. The food was okay, but greasy. Prices are very reasonable.
- Loved the food and drinks.JoyfulDined on 10/1/2012Loved the food and drinks. Nice restaurant would go back
- It wasn't what I had hopePersnicketyDinerVIPDined on 9/28/2012It wasn't what I had hope to entertain some out of town guests. The service was unattentive and the food average.
- Food has gone way downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/28/2012Food has gone way downhill here. All4 meals were average at best and poorly presented. would not recommend.
- BargainOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/28/2012They have cut prices significantly since we were last here. The paper wrapped Mediterranean sea bass is wonderful and less then $20.Special Features:
- Great food and attentive staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/24/2012Great food and attentive staff all for very reasonable prices!Special Features:
- We enjoyed a relaxing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012We enjoyed a relaxing evening and the fact that we were in the quieter back room help a lot. We all enjoyed our food. The foamy sauce that accompagnied the excellent scallops (starter) was hit. Service was attentive and friendly.
- Never againOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2012Mediocre meal. bacon on blat was tough and cold. Bun on both the blat and truffle burger overwhelm the food. Presentation of the food is unattractive.second and last try for this restaurant.
- hated this restaurant . foodnonameDined on 9/18/2012hated this restaurant . food was awful and presentation worse. a hamburger was served on a small coffee plate, barely larger than the sandwich. no garnish or extras like fried potatoes, a tomato slice, something. my chicken was greasy, served with hard gnocchi , salad seemed to be sauced with orange juice.
- It was our first time here--OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012It was our first time here-- initially everything seemed great, but after taking our order, the waitress never came back and the food was disappointing.
- Great Waitress, very attentiveSteve69Dined on 9/15/2012Great Waitress, very attentive and knowledgeable. Really good sauteed mushroom saladSpecial Features:
- they moved from Culver City;ALHLVIPDined on 9/14/2012they moved from Culver City; I thought it was new. The place is a big nothing, the tables aren't covered for dinner; they were sticky. the help is very sweet, very unprofessional. A hamburger is served on a bread and butter plate. It acts like a place run by kids, that's how we felt. I selected it 'cause I thought it would be a new twist and was near the location where we had an event.
- This was a great gourmet placejrobinsonVIPDined on 9/8/2012This was a great gourmet place and now is a bar with burgers. There are some interesting things on the menu but they are afterthoughts. We had a tepid corn soup, overcooked scallops and I had GI problems after my mussels. Drinks were great.
- A terrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2012Our experience at Fraiche - Santa Monica was horrendous. After being seated, it took no less than 15 minutes for our server to show up. We placed our order, and waited another 20 minutes for the drinks to arrive. 20 minutes after that, our dinner was finally ready. Of three dishes, only the Monkfish was satisfactory, the other two (a pork chop hard, flavorless and overcooked, and a vegan risotto that was *not at all* vegan) were a complete miss. After the food was delivered, our server disappeared for over 40 minutes. We flagged down the manager, who replaced the pork chop (the second one was fine), but blew off our vegan guest *entirely* - she was never served an entree at this restaurant! Overall, a complete disappointment.
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2012The food was delicious. The portions are generous. I had the Fraiche salad and the scallops and my husband had the beet salad and pork chop. We both loved our dishes. The creme brûlée trio is an excellent dessert.Special Features:
- This used to be one of myOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2012This used to be one of my favorites but in the past year, the food and service has deteriorated. Wine choices are limited, very small menu and servers that clearly think they are above waiting tables. At one time they had a great wine list and great food. Now they seem to be going for the tourist crowd. Won't be eating there again soon.
- We were super impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2012We were super impressed with everything we ordered. The mushroom salad was a true find; the artichoke was fantastic; and the pasta was light but flavorful. Good martinis too! Good vibe too, and right across the street from Gabor Csupo's gGallery.Special Features:
- I went early on a Friday forxnflchickDined on 8/24/2012I went early on a Friday for lunch, not crowded, kinda slow scene for my taste, but the Farro Salad recommended by the waitress was absolutely delicious!
- Only problem we had was theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2012Only problem we had was the service. The food we ordered was not only the wrong order, but the orders that were correct were cold. For the price, I would have also expected that the server would rememeber who ordered what and would have walked it to us...instead, the server, not the same person who took our order just stood at the side of the table calling out items but not in a very professional way, example: "margerita pizza" was just "pizza"...I normally wouldn't mind that if we didn't have 12 people with almost half ordering pizza.Special Features:
- The food was very good asmendydDined on 8/21/2012The food was very good as it was before for me, this was my second visit. The service was a little choppy, they were short by two waiters that night. The bus and even the hostess came by and assisted our table with things we needed. It was a real team effort to make the evening work for their customers. We will go back again. The soup, starters, entrees and desserts were a big hit for all 4 at our table.Special Features:
- Nothing special...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012I was recommend by a friend and must say I was disappointed. Food was just ok and I saw two different entree's that were being returned to the kitchen while I was waiting for my food. The bartenders were nice but overall I will not return. Not the right ambiance. Really nothing special. The menu was not what I expected.
- We have been to Fraich before.forceofnatureDined on 8/14/2012We have been to Fraich before. That prompted our return. And we were very disappointed. The menu seemed different. The calamari tasted of the flower coating and were soggy. There wasn't enough sauce or lemon. We each ordered a glass of wine which took over 1/2 hour to arrive - after we checked to see what happened and were almost finished with the calamari. Supposedly they were checking in the storage area for the bottle. Perhaps wine by the glass selections should be checked in advance to make sure they are immediately available? Process before opening? The chicken was good. The fish was ok but the combination of vegetables wasn't - they didn't blend. The fennel had been cooked too long and was tasteless.