Fox's Restaurant and Pub - Oak Lawn
9240 S Cicero
Oak Lawn, IL 60453Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fox's Restaurant and Pub - Oak Lawn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://foxsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7084992233x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Victor Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fox's Restaurants offer something most catering businesses can't and that is the award winning restaurant quality food prepared in the same kitchen by Fox's chefs packed up and delivered fresh & hot right to the door of your home or business. Choose from a selection of Appetizers, Party Trays, Specialty Salads, Chicken Entrees, Pasta Entrees, Potato & Vegetable Pans, Complete Family Style Caterings and of course Fox's Famous Pizza.
- Private Party Facilities: Planning a private Party? Fox's has 7 private rooms to choose from, seating from 8 to 140 persons. Fox's specializes in making your guests feel at home.
- Private Party Contact: Ruth Carrol 7084992233x
- Entertainment: Fox's Restaurant & Pub features Live Entertainment 4 nights a week. Thursday & Sunday 6pm till 10pm. Friday & Saturday 7pm till 11pm.
Come listen to some of the finest entertainers and enjoy your favorite cocktail and maybe even kick up your heels and dance the night away!
A word from Fox's Restaurant and Pub - Oak Lawn
Welcome to Fox's Restaurant & Pub. Impress your guests! Whether your entertaining clients or family, Fox's beautiful decor and menu selection will satisfy everyone. The menu includes everything from Fox's World Famous thin crust Pizza, Sensational Salads, Hearty Sandwiches, Burgers, Pasta, Top Quality Steaks & Seafood and Fabulous Desserts. Petite portions with smaller prices available on many selections. Always family-friendly, Fox's LOVES Kids so they have their own menu selection that includes a beverage and a scoop of ice cream for $6.99. Fox's bartenders specialize in array of Flavorful Martinis, Margaritas & Frozen favorites. Serving the best Irish coffee this side of the Emerald Coast. The staff at Fox's looks forward to your visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fox's Restaurant and Pub - Oak Lawn reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not badSoccermom74Dined on 7/25/2014Definitely had the "musty" of an older building, but the food was good for the price. The Prime rib sells out fast so we opted for the filet. It was cooked perfectly Rare. My daughter enjoyed the chocolate cake. There was live music, but it was a little old school for my taste. The 60+ crowd seemed to enjoy it though.Special Features:
- Another good meal at Fox'sLizzieVIPDined on 6/16/2014The only reason why this review isn't rated higher is because of the service. I waited more than 10 minutes to have someone come over to take my drink order and I waited more than 30 minutes for a wrap and baked potato. I order the buffalo chicken as a wrap (you could get it as a salad also) with a baked potato. At first I ordered a salad to go with it because I didn't want fries, but then I was told there would be an upcharge. Once the food arrived, it was good. The wrap was flavorful with plenty of lettuce and sauce and the chicken was juicy and tender. The baked potato was cooked thoroughly also. I would come back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy place to eat with familyJandBVIPDined on 6/1/2014I was able to walk in with my out of town guests and be seated immediately for a family dinner. Our server was friendly and attentive. Our food came to order and everyone was pleased with the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014WE had a mini class reunion at Fox's in Oak Lawn on Sat May 17th. Made reservations that day on-line with no trouble. The waitress sat a partial group, had no problems with sitting others as they came a little late. Not all restaurants do this. Singer was very good (one man with guitar), and was not loud. A very good reunion and dining experience, waitress was quite good tooSpecial Features:
- The following 77 reviews are from the Fox's Restaurant and Pub - Oak Lawn reviews archive.
- Casual dining spotJandBVIPDined on 4/24/2014We go to Fox's for a reliable dining experience. The food is always good and they will make you food to order. Just ask and they will try to accommodate your wishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pub and only a pubNYCgirlDined on 4/23/2014If you're looking for a restaurant, pass this one by. The food is awful and the service better suited to those sitting at the bar. The server barely spoke except to say 'yeah' 'no' and 'I dunno'. The food worse. The two "Italian beef sandwiches" were cardboard on bread. The pizza was much worse: tomato sauce and a sprinkling of cheese on what appeared to be a tortilla. Absolutely terrible - soup to nuts.
- Nice SurpriseCMSHDined on 3/8/2014When we pulled in to see the parking lot jammed, we were concerned about getting a table. But our reservation was available right on time. Great start to a great evening. We were visiting with an out of town friend and hoped for a nice long visit. Again, concerned about the crowd, we thought we may be hurried but our server was perfect....there when we needed something and never a rush. Entertainment was good, not too loud to drown out conversation and added to the evening. We only shared a pizza and appetizers but from looking at other tables, a good variety is available. Definitely going back to try something else..and definitely with a reservation. Very popular place with good reason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at a great price.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014When it comes to thin crust pizza and wings, it's hard to find a place better than Fox. Perfect place to bring the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza was goodJandBVIPDined on 2/6/2014Fox's delivers a consistently good pizza. The wine was a generous pour. Our server must have had an off day because she is usually much friendlier. The live music is a nice touch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family GatheringOly29Dined on 1/1/2014We were looking for a local restaurant to have a Holiday family gathering and chose Fox's because it was able to accomodate our number of people at the time we needed. I haven't been to Fox's in years since I moved out of the area, but I was not dissapointed. I started with the soup since it was so cold out. Stuffed Pepper was the soup of the day and it was absolutely delicious! After my brother tasted it he ordered a cup as well! We all had pizza, and it was as good as I remembered! I wish I had a Fox's out by me! We had a wonderful time and will probably return to Fox's when we get together again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pizza and irish nachossandiDined on 12/31/2013love their pizza nice and thin the way i always expect from foxs first time for irish nachos i have been missing alot not having these beforeSpecial Features:
- It could have been warmerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013It could have been warmer where we sat and even asking the waitress about it, it still did not warm up,Other then that it was O.K.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza and wineJandBVIPDined on 11/24/2013I enjoy coming to Fox's for a regular dinner. The pizza is good and the selection of wines by the glass is also good. There are many more wines by the bottle and of course there is a full bar too. It is easy to catch a game while eating and the wait staff is usually good to very good. The other food choices that I have enjoyed are the chicken and ribs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the BruschettaJandBVIPDined on 10/13/2013I tried the chicken and spinach bruschetta and it was great! I ordered a glass of pinot noir and received a generous portion. Our server was very good and her smile showed how she enjoyed conversing about food. To top it off, we were able to watch some sports while dining in a cozy booth.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always have wonderful servicesherryDined on 9/7/2013Always have wonderful service at Fox's & the food & prices are just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good valueJandBVIPDined on 8/29/2013We go to Fox's on nights when we want pizza or a good sandwich with a glass of wine or a beer. They have lots of TVs for viewing sports too. A comfortable night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD TIME DESPITEyrogerg281VIPDined on 8/11/2013Party of nine. Went to celebrate me/wifes 37th wedding Anniversary. Got there at 4pm to an almost empty rest. which soon became packed. Waitress was EXTREMELY slow but nice. So slow our drinks sat at bar for "10 mins." Son sent his back. Wife ordered corned beef/cabbage and was brought a rueben sandwhich after everyone else had long had their meals. Waitress was very apologetic and asked if we wanted manager. We said no, not to get her in trouble. She said she would place the order and have it in 10 mins. We declined due to everyone else almost finished. Felt bad for wife who really loves Fox's.
- Neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2013Fox's is known for their pizza. It tastes much better when you dine in and it is fresh out of the oven. Service is a bit slow but it's worth the wait. It is a perfect place to take a your team. They can hang out and have fun. There are plenty of different areas to dine in. There are quiet booths, seats at the bar, an large open dining room and a couple of private rooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceyrogerg281VIPDined on 6/15/2013Wife took me, son and his wife and daughter w/4 grands here for pre Fathers day. We dine out regularly and I must admit this was a treat with FREE parking. Food was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S. Will return, OFTEN...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza and live music!JandBVIPDined on 4/10/2013I have enjoyed Fox's Restaurant for pizza for many years. My recent dining experience was up to expectations. The pizza was good and the wine selections paired well with our meal. The live entertainment was a nice touch too.Special Features:
- We had a great time, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013We had a great time, great food, excellent server Aaron. The place was busy since it was St. Patrick's Day Saturday. We didn't eat in the main dining room which was fine because sometimes that room is to loud to be able to talk to one another. We were able to celebrate my daughter's 20th Birthday, and she loved it. Also loved the Shannon Rovers when they came up to the room to playSpecial Features:
- An Irish PartyMaddyDined on 3/16/2013We went on the night before st. Patricj's so the restaurant was extremely busy and filled with small children. It was extremely difficult to get a table. For this reason, it was very hard to get the waitresses attention. They had the little people dressed up and singing and dancing with the children which made it quite crazy but cute for the children.Special Features:
- It was a nice pub type placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012It was a nice pub type place but we thought it would be a bit more intimate or fine dining. The menu was very extensive. Its more of a casual place. Not a dress up place. There may have been other areas for parties but we did not see them. Its a nice place if you want to stop for a quick bite to eat. The waitress we had was very friendly.Special Features:
- We went for pizza but theJandBVIPDined on 11/20/2012We went for pizza but the ovens were down so we ordered sandwiches. My meatball sandwich was tasty, but needed more sauce. The wine was good and served in a generous portion.
- Stinkiest Place We've Ever Been.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2012When we walked in, we were treated well, but as we walked closer to our table & sat down, the overwhelming scent of fecal matter took over. We actually had to get up & leave, it was so overpowering. I would recommend that the restaurant guts its seats out, because something has died or is rotten underneath!
- The service was on the poorOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/2/2012The service was on the poor side lending to a not to favorable review. No salt, pepper or spoons on the table. Ordered a baked potato and was brought mashed potatoes. The waitress seemed rushed even though the place wasn't packed. Only one person was asked initially if she wanted dessert then she walked away. The waitress asked the rest of us after delivering the ice cream to my aunt. Would not truck all the way The waitress seemed rushed even though the place wasn't packed. Only one person was asked initially if she wanted dessert then she walked away. The waitress asked the rest of us after delivering the ice cream to my aunt. Would not truck all the way there from the western suburbs to give it another try.
- Great Pizza with a thin crust.JoyADined on 5/19/2012Great Pizza with a thin crust. Service was right on. Live entertainment at 8 PM. Good for families. Will go back again.Special Features:
- I arrived 15 mins early andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012I arrived 15 mins early and alerted the hostess to my arrival. I fogot to tell her I had made a special request for a table, as we headed toward the dining room, I could see there were none available so we took a booth. Both my mother and my self are big people and I was uncomfortable. I asked for a appetizer and the waitress indicated there would be a wait, then changed her mind went to the kitchencame back and said no wait, then after awhile came back asked if we wanted our salads while we waited. I opted for the salad only to have the appetizer arrive. We had salad then appetizer. I asked for MR prime rib and was served an end cut. The resturant is good place for lunch I been there, but I do not recommend a Easter dinner.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood place to eat!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Excellent food.. It was Valentine's day and this is the first time we went out to eat and didn't get gouged by raised prices!!!! Always get great pizza and now we found out it's a great sit down!!!Special Features:
- We have been here before andMariDined on 9/2/2011We have been here before and decided to take my niece for her birthday. She didn't enjoy her chopped salad at all. My husband didn't enjoy his dinner of chicken either. The service was not all that great either. I don't think we will go there again.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/25/2011The food was very good and reasonable priced. The staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Our apptizer was brought outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2011Our apptizer was brought out at the exact same time as our entree. The singer was pretty good. My patty melt was fine. Overall quality was fair to good.Special Features:
- Our pizza was very good andJandBVIPDined on 6/13/2011Our pizza was very good and the wine was moderately priced. Our server was prompt and pleasant. The restaurant was clean, but could use some updating.
- VERY NICE RESTAURANT WITHOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2011VERY NICE RESTAURANT WITH DELICIOUS FOOD.they had a singer the night we were there that was very goodSpecial Features:
- this was only my second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2011this was only my second time her everthing was very goodSpecial Features:
- Foxes has been a South SidemariannDined on 4/24/2011Foxes has been a South Side tradition for at last as long as I can remember (35 years). They started in Beverly but then branched out by keeping true to their core strengths -- the best pizza on the planet, decent salads, and really friendly staff.Special Features:
- Everyday food.JandBVIPDined on 4/19/2011Fox's has ben around for a long time. The food is good and fairly priced. It is a good spot to get a dinner or a lunch, but do not expect anything special.
- The waitress seemed to beOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/2/2011The waitress seemed to be having a bad day or was new. She seemed flustered, but it wasn't a problem. Food was good overall, but my broccoli was awful... rubbery. Neither of those things would stop me from coming back though. Enjoyed live music.
- Our server was very nice.MariDined on 3/19/2011Our server was very nice. Food was delicious. The genteleman singing irish songs was great and funny. We enjoy how he interacted with the guests at the restaurant. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- My family and a few friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011My family and a few friends recently visited Fox's to celebrate my birthday and had a wonderful time. We were a party of 13. Food was excellent and the portions were quite hefty as well. The menu was excellent with a lot of variety and the price was comparable while the service was excellent as well. We will be frequenting Fox's more often.cSpecial Features: