17 W State St
Geneva, IL 60134Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxfiregeneva.com/
- Phone: (630) 232-1369
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am- 2:45pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm-8:45pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm-9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Great for family get together or small business presentations. AV equipment available.
- Private Party Contact: K.C. Gulbro 6302321369
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday Night. 8-11 pm inside or 7-10 pm outside.
A word from Foxfire Restaurant
Welcome to FoxFire! Established in 2003, FoxFire is a premier restaurant in the Tri-Cities area, winning awards including the Daily Herald’s “Top Ten New Restaurants”, On the Fox’s “Top Ten”, the Kane County Chronicle’s “BestSteaks”, as well as West Suburban Living’s “Top New RestaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Foxfire Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Geneva ›
Foxfire Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (30)romantic (28)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (16)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- great nightbobdebDined on 11/18/2014we came back here because we had one of our 1st dates here a year ago. food and service was great servers were so careing to our every need. food was awesome as usual. i would recommend foxfire to anyone. thanks again for a great night. bob &debSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/17/2014Met with a group on Monday for their $6 burger special. Half pound burger comes with fries, soup or salad. Cheese and other toppings extra. Also a light ale special was available. Good value ,a great burger and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014Great wait staff, friendly and fun. We had the Calamari for an appitizer and it was the eat we've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th birthdayGenevamomVIPDined on 11/11/2014Had family dinner for 25th birthday. Staff was pleasant, dinner wonderful and they gave special attention to birthday girl. Great place for steak!!Special Features:
- Delicious and great atmoshphereMindyDined on 11/8/2014My boyfriend and I went for our anniversary this past weekend. The food was fantastic, the wine was great. There was a fantastic talented 3 piece band playing which added perfectly to the atmosphere. My boyfriend had the scallops with risotto, I had a filet with brusslesprouts both were cooked to perfection. We will for sure be back! My only small criticism was we sat in the booths by the kitchen, although I do like then open kitchen concept, I think it was would be nice to have a half walk separating the diners from the expo line. I don't really care to see the to-go boxes, extra condiments etc.Special Features:
- warm setting, OK food, slow servicegildaGDined on 11/7/2014Foxfire has a really good atmosphere- warm and inviting. Their menu selection is very good but the food is just Ok, not great for this high level of a restaurant. I had the tuna and it was supposed to be cajun but did not have a cajun flavor at all. The sauce was actually a little sweet and was not spicy or blackened. My fellow diners ordered fish and did not like the heavy amount of nuts on the fish- they were too dominant and the fish was secondary. Our waitress must have had too many tables - our service was very slow but we could see she was trying. On a good note, the restaurant owner or manager checked on us twice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 11/6/2014Good food and good service! Nice menu... Something for everyone.
- A Must!DCameronDined on 10/30/2014Title says it all ................................................................................................!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionPickyDined on 10/25/2014We all ordered something different from the dinner menu and we all raved how good the food was. Wait staff was fantastic, personable, professional yet efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marciaDined on 10/18/2014Our "go to" spot for date night. We had steak and salmon meals and wedge salad. The brussel sprouts were delish !Special Features:
- Out4FunDined on 10/13/2014We made reservations for my wife's birthday, The waitress was polite but seemed a little timid when we asked for recommendations. The noise level was high since they seated us in the center of restaurant and she spoke very softly in comparison. The food, as always, was excellent. We went in the lounge after dinner and enjoyed drinks and the guitarist playing. Although it was not our most memorable dining experience with them, we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Everytime I come here I have great service and great food
- First Timer with Great Experience!SLJ180Dined on 10/11/2014We took my mom for her birthday and decided to bring our 2 year old son along. The restaurant was so accommodating to him, the food was outstanding, and the ambiance was very nice. Great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit Will Definitely ReturnLocalDinerDined on 10/2/2014Went on a week night and was fairly quiet. Service and food were excellent. Enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- anniv dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2014enjoyed our dinner celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. we ordered the stuffed mushroom appetizer which was delicious and both order the surf and turf special. Can't beat the price since it includes a potato and soup or salad. they also gave us a free brownie sundae for dessert which I guess they also do for birthdays. Our server was wonderful. also really liked the bottle of wine we chose from their special list. we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- silverfox1Dined on 9/27/2014Lots of variety food and drink. Waitress could"ve been more knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- A reliable steak placeArmabcgDined on 9/26/2014Always get a good meal here. Fashioned like a classic steakhouse and with a menu that matches, you are not going to be surprised by healthy cuts of meat and potatoes. Portions are large (especially the salads).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnerRoseDined on 9/24/2014We were a group of 10 "The Broadway Sisterhood". We had to eat and go as our show started at 7:00 pm. With reservations our table was ready for us. Even had time order desert too. Samantha our sever was great! We definetly will make this one of our stops for next year's season of Broadway shows.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurantDanoDined on 9/13/2014Foxfire is our favorite restaurant in the Geneva and St. Charles area. We love the bar and the food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not up to expectation.GeneDined on 9/13/2014Food was good but server lacked personality. We did not get either or our favorite servers so while the food was good the experience was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerPW16Dined on 9/13/2014My wife, daughter and I went on a Sat nite…had prime rib perfectly done to true medium with excellent au jus. They usually have delicious hot cross buns, but on this occasion the buns were very overdone and should not have been served; funny i have had 3 other people since then complain about the dinner rolls being burnt, a good restaurant such as this should not risk their reputation on such things. Everything else was great!Special Features:
- it was our annaversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014my wife's steak was great she enjoyed it very much, I had the white fish encrusted . the fish was over cooked and dry I would never order fish at this restaurant again. it did spoil our anniversary at least for me.Special Features:
- Groupon-disappointedeks321VIPDined on 9/2/2014Sat outside which we love. Nice outdoor patio-but does overlook a parking lot. Used a groupon. Was advised by the server that the groupon was not good for alcohol. No where on the groupon does it state that. If that is there rule, it is OK-but it needs to be stated on the groupon itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date night or a groupNjb2377Dined on 8/30/2014We went to Foxfire with friends for dinner. The atmosphere was great. We sat and had a drink at the bar before dinner. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the service was excellent. Two in our party had the whitefish - which they would highly recommend. Save room for dessert - the seven layer cake is not to be missed, and it's a huge piece! We split it among the four of us. The location is also nice because it is located close to everything in downtown Geneva for activities before or after dinner.Special Features:
- Really enjoyable mealBeccaDined on 8/28/2014Had great meal and it's a nice location. Flavors were delicious!!Special Features:
- birthday dinnergirlsnight4Dined on 8/16/2014Went to celebrate a freinds birthday Saturday night. We each enjoyed our food and had great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBeckypugDined on 8/14/2014Food was great, service was awesome, and the band was fantastic, overall a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of OptionsAnnaBananna19Dined on 8/2/2014We chose this restaurant for my husband's birthday. We had never been there before. We were promptly seated at a great table outside. The wine and craft beer selections were terrific. Lots of good options for dinner with mainly steak and seafood. Great wedge salad too. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Foxfire is great good food and service. If your in a hurry don't go long relaxing service not hurried at all.Special Features:
- PeacefulFoodieDined on 7/26/2014After a long day on our feet it was great to sit outside and rest. We had two children (10 years old) and two adults. We ordered the Walnut encrusted whitefish (taste was so fishy couldn't finish it), Prime rib (nothing to drive an hour for), kids rib plate (sauce was too "smoky" for her), and a burger. We also ordered the calamari that was so stringy the kids actually pretended to floss and one almost choked on a large piece that couldn't be chewed well enough to break the grisle. The wine and the service was wonderful. We have been to Foxfire quite a few times and this was the most unpleasant food experience. There were many very large parties that night. Very happy they had outdoor seating where we could have some peace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 95 reviews are from the Foxfire Restaurant reviews archive.
- 20 year anniversaryAnniversaryDined on 7/24/2014Thank you for making our 20th anniversary wonderful. From the time we walked in to the time we left we had wonderful service and food! I used the online booking and requested a somewhat private area and it was perfect! Thank you again, we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesDined on 7/23/2014Very accommodating as it was too windy to sit on the patio & moved inside. My companion was celebrating a B-day & the complimentary dessert was exquisite.Special Features:
- Great environmentcasualDinerDined on 7/19/2014Very good prime rib, salad, warm brownie sundae, and wine list. Wife had blue cheese encrusted ribeye; hard to see fat so wasn't the best, just won't order a ribeye without being able to see the meat. Would have been nice if they had chicken fingers as we brought our daughter; we probably won't bring her next time. The waitress could have had a friendlier attitude; the manager checked in on us multiple times and made up for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foxfire reviewbrotherbDined on 7/18/2014Was my wife's and I anniversary and was not dissapointed at all! Food, service and atmosphere was amazing! At the end the waitresses brought out a free desert for my Beautiful Wife and I to share together. This place has the best New York Strip I ever had. Also make it Diane and it's even better. I would recommend this place to my enemy it is that dam good! It's a must do. As soon as we walked in we was seated and in a booth as I requested. Love this place and now my favorite of all! Be back real soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Good ServiceRandyOVIPDined on 7/11/2014We split the two 4 oz lobster tails which were delicious. The dessert tray looked awesome even though we did not try any as we had previous plans. Heather was a good waitress-very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightLocalguyDined on 7/11/2014Took my wife out for her birthday and we had an awesome experience at Foxfire. Service was great and food was delicious, hot and timely. They wished her a happy birthday subtly, with a complimentary dessert and without a bunch of loud attention. We really had a nice night and I would highly recommend Foxfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always an enjoyable eveninggenevaDined on 7/11/2014The food and customer service hasn't changed in the past 4 years. That's why it's our "go to" for friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to eatRodBDined on 7/5/2014I have been going here since I moved up here in 2007. Many times it was a with a work group at first, now my wife and I use it for our special spot. Great food, great drinks, nice atmosphere. They added the outdoor dining of which we have not had the opportunity to partake, but overall, a great restaurant to visit for any occasion.Special Features:
- Not the best experienceBetternexttimeDined on 7/5/2014We were dinning with 5 people in our party After being seated it took 18 minutes before I had to request that a waiter come to our table and it took several minutes after that before it happened I maid a special request for my salad of no onions or blue cheese and it was served with both, out of out table three had seafood which was very good one had a chopped salad also very good my choice was the ribeye steak which I thought they were know for good steaks and I have enjoyed good ones in the past . My steak that I ordered that evening was both tough and over cooked If I would choose to go back to Fox Fire in the future I would choose the seafood and hope for better service .Special Features:
- Fabulous food and service!LANCEYDined on 7/3/2014The staff was amazing. Food was divine. Definitely recommend for future visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.