17 W State St
Geneva, IL 60134Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foxfiregeneva.com/
- Phone: 6302321369
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am- 2:45pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm-8:45pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm-9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Great for family get together or small business presentations. AV equipment available.
- Private Party Contact: K.C. Gulbro 6302321369
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday Night. 8-11 pm inside or 7-10 pm outside.
A word from Foxfire Restaurant
Welcome to FoxFire! Established in 2003, FoxFire is a premier restaurant in the Tri-Cities area, winning awards including the Daily Herald’s “Top Ten New Restaurants”, On the Fox’s “Top Ten”, the Kane County Chronicle’s “BestSteaks”, as well as West Suburban Living’s “Top New RestaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Foxfire Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (35)great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (12)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Our favorite restaurantDanoDined on 9/13/2014Foxfire is our favorite restaurant in the Geneva and St. Charles area. We love the bar and the food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not up to expectation.GeneDined on 9/13/2014Food was good but server lacked personality. We did not get either or our favorite servers so while the food was good the experience was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerPW16Dined on 9/13/2014My wife, daughter and I went on a Sat nite…had prime rib perfectly done to true medium with excellent au jus. They usually have delicious hot cross buns, but on this occasion the buns were very overdone and should not have been served; funny i have had 3 other people since then complain about the dinner rolls being burnt, a good restaurant such as this should not risk their reputation on such things. Everything else was great!Special Features:
- it was our annaversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014my wife's steak was great she enjoyed it very much, I had the white fish encrusted . the fish was over cooked and dry I would never order fish at this restaurant again. it did spoil our anniversary at least for me.Special Features:
- Groupon-disappointedeks321Dined on 9/2/2014Sat outside which we love. Nice outdoor patio-but does overlook a parking lot. Used a groupon. Was advised by the server that the groupon was not good for alcohol. No where on the groupon does it state that. If that is there rule, it is OK-but it needs to be stated on the groupon itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date night or a groupNjb2377Dined on 8/30/2014We went to Foxfire with friends for dinner. The atmosphere was great. We sat and had a drink at the bar before dinner. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the service was excellent. Two in our party had the whitefish - which they would highly recommend. Save room for dessert - the seven layer cake is not to be missed, and it's a huge piece! We split it among the four of us. The location is also nice because it is located close to everything in downtown Geneva for activities before or after dinner.Special Features:
- Really enjoyable mealBeccaDined on 8/28/2014Had great meal and it's a nice location. Flavors were delicious!!Special Features:
- birthday dinnergirlsnight4Dined on 8/16/2014Went to celebrate a freinds birthday Saturday night. We each enjoyed our food and had great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBeckypugDined on 8/14/2014Food was great, service was awesome, and the band was fantastic, overall a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of OptionsAnnaBananna19Dined on 8/2/2014We chose this restaurant for my husband's birthday. We had never been there before. We were promptly seated at a great table outside. The wine and craft beer selections were terrific. Lots of good options for dinner with mainly steak and seafood. Great wedge salad too. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Foxfire is great good food and service. If your in a hurry don't go long relaxing service not hurried at all.Special Features:
- PeacefulFoodieDined on 7/26/2014After a long day on our feet it was great to sit outside and rest. We had two children (10 years old) and two adults. We ordered the Walnut encrusted whitefish (taste was so fishy couldn't finish it), Prime rib (nothing to drive an hour for), kids rib plate (sauce was too "smoky" for her), and a burger. We also ordered the calamari that was so stringy the kids actually pretended to floss and one almost choked on a large piece that couldn't be chewed well enough to break the grisle. The wine and the service was wonderful. We have been to Foxfire quite a few times and this was the most unpleasant food experience. There were many very large parties that night. Very happy they had outdoor seating where we could have some peace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 year anniversaryAnniversaryDined on 7/24/2014Thank you for making our 20th anniversary wonderful. From the time we walked in to the time we left we had wonderful service and food! I used the online booking and requested a somewhat private area and it was perfect! Thank you again, we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesDined on 7/23/2014Very accommodating as it was too windy to sit on the patio & moved inside. My companion was celebrating a B-day & the complimentary dessert was exquisite.Special Features:
- Great environmentcasualDinerDined on 7/19/2014Very good prime rib, salad, warm brownie sundae, and wine list. Wife had blue cheese encrusted ribeye; hard to see fat so wasn't the best, just won't order a ribeye without being able to see the meat. Would have been nice if they had chicken fingers as we brought our daughter; we probably won't bring her next time. The waitress could have had a friendlier attitude; the manager checked in on us multiple times and made up for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foxfire reviewbrotherbDined on 7/18/2014Was my wife's and I anniversary and was not dissapointed at all! Food, service and atmosphere was amazing! At the end the waitresses brought out a free desert for my Beautiful Wife and I to share together. This place has the best New York Strip I ever had. Also make it Diane and it's even better. I would recommend this place to my enemy it is that dam good! It's a must do. As soon as we walked in we was seated and in a booth as I requested. Love this place and now my favorite of all! Be back real soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Good ServiceRandyODined on 7/11/2014We split the two 4 oz lobster tails which were delicious. The dessert tray looked awesome even though we did not try any as we had previous plans. Heather was a good waitress-very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightLocalguyDined on 7/11/2014Took my wife out for her birthday and we had an awesome experience at Foxfire. Service was great and food was delicious, hot and timely. They wished her a happy birthday subtly, with a complimentary dessert and without a bunch of loud attention. We really had a nice night and I would highly recommend Foxfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always an enjoyable eveninggenevaDined on 7/11/2014The food and customer service hasn't changed in the past 4 years. That's why it's our "go to" for friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to eatRodBDined on 7/5/2014I have been going here since I moved up here in 2007. Many times it was a with a work group at first, now my wife and I use it for our special spot. Great food, great drinks, nice atmosphere. They added the outdoor dining of which we have not had the opportunity to partake, but overall, a great restaurant to visit for any occasion.Special Features:
- Not the best experienceBetternexttimeDined on 7/5/2014We were dinning with 5 people in our party After being seated it took 18 minutes before I had to request that a waiter come to our table and it took several minutes after that before it happened I maid a special request for my salad of no onions or blue cheese and it was served with both, out of out table three had seafood which was very good one had a chopped salad also very good my choice was the ribeye steak which I thought they were know for good steaks and I have enjoyed good ones in the past . My steak that I ordered that evening was both tough and over cooked If I would choose to go back to Fox Fire in the future I would choose the seafood and hope for better service .Special Features:
- Fabulous food and service!LANCEYDined on 7/3/2014The staff was amazing. Food was divine. Definitely recommend for future visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.loveoffoodDined on 7/3/2014My first time to Foxfire and it was lovely. Great food and very nice experience. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Good Stuff, everytime!htetchrDined on 7/1/2014Foxfire is a great place to come and try a new bottle of wine and enjoy some appetizers, or enjoy a full meal. I enjoy the shrimp app, goat cheese starter and the corkage fee is just $15 if you BYOB.Special Features:
- Nice spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We had a very good experience. The food was very good & the staff was attentive. Will recommend this place in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Because30Auguie33Dined on 6/27/2014We love the food. Make a reservaton, place gets pack during weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerRDannDined on 6/27/2014I had a Groupon and decided to try out Foxfire to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary with friends. It turned out to be an excellent choice. The food was prepared perfectly, had excellent flavor and melted in your mouth. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special night out. We will definitely be coming back here again.Special Features:
- DeliciousJenniferPDined on 6/25/2014It's nice to go to an upscale restaurant that's not just another chain. Not only was the food delicious but the atmosphere was very relaxing and the restaurant decor very tasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageAverageDined on 6/25/2014Doesn't compare to good steak restaurants like Ruth's Chris or Flemings, but prices are similar. We had a group of 8 seated in private room, which was nice but also very secluded and quiet, soft music would have been good. I had Ribeye, which was very thin and overcooked. Once food came, waitress and attendants left couldn't get steak sauce and couldn't order more wine. They disappeared for 10-15 minutes or so, by the time they came back we were half finished. For the price point, I would expect a better steak. Competes for business dinners with Wildwood, which is also average. If either one was a little better, they would get all the business. Now looking for somewhere new for group business dinners. Our waitress Heather(?) was great...Special Features:
- 2nd time not so goodDukeDined on 6/17/2014We have family in the area and enjoyed Foxfire last year when visited. Thi year the chilled wine was not, the lobster was cold, and the steak was over cooked. The server was willing to adjust the problems but the problem with that is it throws the timing and the mood all out of sequence. For the prices, we'll try elsewhere next year.
- meatisyummyDined on 5/31/2014Fox fire is the best steakhouse in Illinois! Amazing food, great service, whether your in jeans or dressed to the nines you fit right in. I absolutely love this place!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!DanoDined on 5/31/2014One of the best restaurants in the Chicago suburbs. Great atmosphere, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lola825Dined on 5/30/2014Food, service, and food were great. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 74 reviews are from the Foxfire Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great date nightPchadDined on 5/24/2014We had the lobster penne and scallops, both dishes were excellent. The service was very good, we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was spotty.....GriffDined on 5/21/2014Could have been better. Inconsistent. Still, the patio was nice and will be even better when the next-door neighbor finishes up the roofing job that's going on. Food is acceptable but quality has slipped a bit in the past couple of years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server left us!LovinlifeDined on 5/2/2014The food was mediocre. Our server was Not very attentive. She did not check on us enough. It took 10 minutes longer to get a Stella than two glasses of wine. When we were ready to leave she was no where to be found. Finally a manager came and said he would find her. One little incident like this can give you a bad taste for an establishment.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014There were 5 adults in our party and we each different entrees. Each of the items was outstanding. The waitress was attentive and did an excellent job of describing the specials. The only complaint was the noise level from the bar. There were 8 males who where trying to "top this" and they were loud.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerSuewDined on 4/17/2014First time that we have been to Foxfire. We have always heard good thinks about it. The food was great. Our waitress was great.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking for.ReedelemDined on 4/12/2014We were in town visiting relatives. We had a free evening so we picked Foxfire Restaurant because it had good reviews and was within walking distance from our hotel. We were seated immediately at a comfortable booth. The wood vaulted ceilings really gave the place an open airy and a little rustic atmosphere. They have a varied menu of entrees making it hard to decide. Our steaks were wonderful along with the salads and sides. Our waitress was attentive without being intrusive. If we are ever in town again, we'll be back.Special Features:
- have been here several timesHelenDined on 4/12/2014have been here several times and have ALWAYS had an EXCELLENT meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.