187 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5L 1G5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
CalifornianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fourtoronto.com/
- Phone: (416) 368-1444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Pat Riley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please contact directly for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Amber Podrats 4163681444x
A word from FOUR
Welcome to FOUR where we offer a balanced approach to guilt-free dining. We pride ourselves in our commitment to healthful dining by offering all of our dishes under 650 calories; however, our approach to nutrition and wellness is so much more than just calories and carbohydrates - it really is about the kind of food that makes you feel great about what you eat. In other words, we want to help you put the positive into your body so that you can radiate that positive energy right back by looking and feeling fabulous.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
FOUR reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (37)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (12)special occasion (7)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (2)Show More
- TOareaFanDined on 11/25/2014Been there many times for lunch....first time for dinner and not as impressed. Careful to rate something on first/one experience but I found the service a bit spotty on this dinner ocassion and that might explain why my halibut was so overcooked. Like I said, have had many a great lunch there but this dinner experience was not the best.Special Features:
- RobertsonDined on 11/14/2014I havent been here in a while and it was a nice refreshing change.Special Features:
- I enjoyed having lunches at FOUR all the time.AmyWongDined on 11/13/2014However, I was not feeling well after having lunch there on Thursday November 13, 2014.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2014Very efficient and fast place. Food was very good too. Not the place for a quiet lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for quality business lunch and drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014A colleague and I went there for lunch during the work day. Our server was very attentive and polite and was prompt in getting our separate bills so that we could make it to our next meeting on time. My colleague really enjoyed her spinach gnocci. I had a raspberry lemonade and a steak salad. The steak was perfectly prepared as a medium-rare. I was disappointed with the very small amount of salad. It was maybe 1/4 or less of the plate. It was quite tasty, just not quite filling enough. The raspberry lemonade was okay but a bit disappointing. It was a little too sweet. Too much raspberry syrup vs. lemonade. I would not order that again. The ambiance is very dark with black walls and ceilings and no windows, since it is in the basement. It would be a good place for after-work drinks or late night bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good for business lunchfsmtoDined on 11/5/2014Well located, food is good but not exceptional, environment is a bit noisy but manageable. Definitely a good spot for those business lunches. Sat at a table for two. Food portion was more to the smaller side. Service was prompt, but I felt a little rushed towards the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will book againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Booked it for a work team dinner and the food was great. Ambience was quite, yet lively. Wait staff was very friendly and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great power lunchjwillsDined on 10/22/2014Colleague and I went to lunch at Four for the first time in approximately one year. Server recommended a schnitzel and arctic char. Both dishes were delicious. Service was quick and to the point. Will definitely be returning for more lunches.Special Features:
- Great food - not great drinksaviddinerDined on 10/15/2014We went here for my friends birthday. We absolutely loved the food, all of the Tapas we had were great. It was unfortunate though that we were charged 17$ for our margaritas which were made into doubles (Which I thought was a little steep$$). After ordering 4 one of the girls bill was close to 90$ for drinks , it would have been nice if they mentioned it was 8$ for one shot of tequila along with the charge of the drink. We wont be coming back for drinks, maybe the tapas!Special Features:
- 1319ThankyouDined on 10/3/2014Good for people who want to eat out but maintain a healthy dietI would recommend this to a friend.
- Well prepared foodDilbertDined on 10/2/2014Had the Bratwurst and it was fantastic, service was great and presentation perfect. Had a customer with me and we had a positive experienceSpecial Features:
- Food was fine when it finally camePaladinDined on 9/30/2014Went for lunch and was not my typical experience. For starters our waiter had a full beard. Very unprofessional. Thats a look best reserved for a rustic pub. Not Bay St. The coffee he brought was undrinkable. We were seated right at noon and did not get our food until 1pm. Food was fine. Service deplorable.
- Always good and timelyKphjrVIPDined on 9/11/2014When looking for a healthier meal at lunch that meets quick time constraints, FOUR, is the answer. Have never had a bad meal here. Tuna and Thai Chicken dishes are great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/25/2014The food never disappoints at Four. Delicious menu and I have never ordered something I haven't loved. The lamb salad and crusted tuna are some favorites. And the hummus appetizer is also fabulous (though should definitely be shared). The dessert shooters are the cutest ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingluv2eatDined on 8/21/2014It was our first time at this restaurant; but, it certainly won't be our last. Our server, Sage, was amazing and the food was incredible. We will definitely be recommending it to others, and will come back often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting a little tiredDiner2013VIPDined on 8/21/2014Menu appears to not have been updated for quite sometime.
- Bsuiness lunches made enjoyablecuisineexplorerDined on 8/5/2014Four, as I found, is a wonderful place for a business lunch. It's moderately quiet, the service is very attentive, and the cuisine was a very pleasant surprise in terms of quality and affordability.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 496 reviews are from the FOUR reviews archive.
- SusanfromTorontoDined on 7/31/2014I met up with a couple of friends for a casual dinner after work. We shared Tapas (Pizza, Bison sliders, Good Olives, Tandoori Shrimp and Lamb with Pitas). I liked everything but the Tandoori shrimp which were a bit soggy and the olives which were all spiced with lemon - they would have been far better if they were left in plain brine. The service was good and our server was attentive. I felt we got good value for our money.Special Features:
- Reliable Lunch spotTODinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014Still a good place to go for a more healthy, lower calorie lunch. Bison burger is delicious and the crab cakes and calamari appetizers are fantastic.Special Features:
- Lunch with SaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Good food and not busy. Service was prompt and attentive.Special Features:
- MarieDined on 7/18/2014We had the cajun grouper special for lunch. The size of the portion was perfect, the grouper melted in your mouth and the salad was fantastic. Our server was knowledgeable, energetic and attentive.Special Features:
- Good fresh food with a long waitAlwayswiththefoodDined on 7/15/2014Our party of two enjoyed our lunch at Four this week, but I would only go again if I had time to kill. We were seated immediately upon arriving for our reservation and ordered 2 mains only, no appetizers. Half an hour passed, and we still had not received our food nor had our server stopped by until we flagged another one down. This is not the first time I've experienced this at Four, in the busy 1hr for lunch environment a little more haste and attention would be appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebAlexDined on 7/10/2014Four is a wonderful restaurant for a quick lunch. Service is good and food is very good. Always enjoy coming back to Four.Special Features:
- Foodie4LifeDined on 6/24/2014I like the fact that Four offers healthy options and the menu is reasonably priced and good value for moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchfoodie1986Dined on 6/20/2014FOUR is fantastic for a quick, healthy, tasty lunch... always in and out within the hour which is great for people who are on a schedule.Special Features:
- Great first meal at FOURjake12Dined on 6/19/2014This is a great place for lunch. The restaurant has high tables and the mood is charged. Although the menu isn't as extensive as some other restaurants, there is something on there for everyone. The nice thing is that all their meals are lower in calories so you can have that appetizer and not worry about it. It is tucked away in Commerce Court but is really worth trying. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was quick, food was good.Lunchdate525Dined on 6/18/2014My guest did ask for a double appetizer order of the calamari to make it a lunch and was happy that they could accommodate. Unfortunately, the order was not large enough to be a full meal. Being lunch, it was busy and we left with one hungry person. Everything else was wonderful and very quick, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Healthy choices made this a perfect place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- found in the PATHasdfghjklDined on 5/20/2014We went for Dinner, however this place is more geared towards a lunch hot spot. The place is nicely set up and lots of space, but we were 1 of 6 tables - the place was dead mid-week. The restaurant is located underground in the PATH and therefore likely more lively over lunch.Special Features:
- Date Nightgreatdinners11Dined on 5/15/2014I went here for a second date and I chose this restaurant based on reviews I found online. The most notable critique was the portion sizes... They were more than adequate and only 650 cals to boot! If you're an American-size dish lover, you will find them small, but no one needs an entire pound of pasta for themselves. You might as well stick to your East Side Mario's and save yourself the unwarranted disappointment. The ambiance was outstanding and our server was phenomenal. He was very friendly and knowledgeable and as a result we were more than happy to try his recommendations. Seven alcoholic drinks and four appetizers came out to less that $120 (tip included). Great find for the financial district!Special Features:
- Good value for money and IFoodie4LifeDined on 4/7/2014Good value for money and I love that it provides healthy options so I can eat worry free without worrying about the calories. I also like the fact that the menu is refreshed and am always excited to know about the daily specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the meat?LeslieDined on 3/19/2014Our appetizer and meals were slow in arriving and others who arrived after us were served before we were. Also our bison burgers came without any actual burgers in them so we had to send them back. Once we actually got our food it was very good.
- Love four because of theirMarthavbDined on 3/19/2014Love four because of their tasty Gluten Free options, all while being super healthy.
- Great Healthy Business LunchKejabuDined on 3/13/2014Good food, good service, convenient location, healthy food options. It is always busy but never too loud. It is a perfect set up for my business/networking lunches. I continue to return and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Nothing Surprising - good lunchSterlingzincVIPDined on 3/10/2014Nothing to complain about here. Lunch was good, service was fine, nothing exceptional, but nothing to complain about either. Sometimes this in itself should be considered a compliment. I had an idea of what I wanted, I went there and got exactly what I wanted and was not surprised - Thank You.Special Features:
- Under staffedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/6/2014When we first arrived, our server was very attentive. As the place started to fill up and get busy, he stopped coming by. We sat for 20+ minutes with empty drink glasses and dirty dishes on our table. After trying to get his attention several times, he finally came back and didn't even acknowledge that he had neglected us for so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable for lunchTODinerVIPDined on 3/6/2014Low cal but tasty basically sums Four up. I love the Bison Burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go to Four from time toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2014I go to Four from time to time because it is convenient for a work lunch. We were disappointed with the service this time. While I appreciate that it was busy when we were there, it was very frustrating to have to wait a long time before our server came to our table to take our order, to have food runners come to our table a few times with the wrong food and also having our server disappear for most of our lunch. If we needed something she was nowhere to be found. She did not even check if everything was fine. We also had to wait for bill and again to get it paid. Lunch time is busy for patrons - we have to get back to the office. This is the second time we had the same server and both times, the service was not that great with her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with KAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Prompt service, attentive but not instrusive. Food was great.Special Features:
- Each Meal Under 460 CaloriesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/26/2014If you are on a calorie restricted diet or just want something small this is a great place. The food is excellent... Jailhouse Salmon for example. Lots of flavours and textures but under 460 calories per meal. It is a great lunch place but also good at dinner and not as crowded but the ambience is a little bright. There were also several "parties" going on after work so you got to listen to speeches. There is a fairly good wine list, if you want to blow those calories. Service was good and fairly efficient as we were off to the theatre and had limited timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.