Four Winds Steakhouse
21191 FM 47
Wills Point, TX 75169Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Four Winds Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fourwindssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9038732225
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Frank Rumore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Options Available. Larger Parties Welcomed!
A word from Four Winds Steakhouse
Follow the winding driveway to the top of the hill and amongst the 100 year oak trees sits an oasis, Four Winds Steakhouse, overlooking a fifteen acre private lake and rolling pastures. Come in and enjoy Chef Frank Rumore’s Fine Steaks, Quality Seafood and Great Service, in an upscale rustic atmosphere. Join us for a complete dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Four Winds Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Wills Point ›
Four Winds Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (191)scenic view (174)romantic (112)good for groups (75)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (34)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (10)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wills Point's Hidden Secret!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014My husband and I visited Four Winds for our anniversary. The food was spectacular! We had the ribeye, creamed spinach and pecan crusted catfish. Simply delicious! We also had the shrimp with remoulade sauce; it was a bit tangy for my taste, but the shrimp was delicious. Our server, Sean was very good. He was very knowledgeable on the food selections and provided excellent customer service. We've been trying to make it out to Wills Point for a few years to try this restaurant and I'm glad we finally made it out. We will definitely recommend Four Winds to our friends and family! Thanks so much!!!Special Features:
- Fine Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We were a little concerned about our late arrival. Restaurant staff were also concerned an called to ensure we hadn't got lost. Upon arrival, we seated by the host who was warm and accommodating. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menus and provided excellent assistance. Everything, to include: Crab Cakes, New York Strip, asparagus, scalloped potatoes and green beans was fresh and cooked to order. The portions are generous and the food is excellent! The best steak I've eaten in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Outstanding in all categories, food, service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jmh0366Dined on 10/18/2014Great place, fantastic food - however a little loud but overall wonderful place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best bet short of driving to Dallasearlyretire55Dined on 10/18/2014We've been to Four Winds 5-6 times over the years. Staff is friendly, service is good, food is very good. This time, we had a larger party and had to sit upstairs, which wasn't all that atmospheric and tended to be a little loud. While it was still a good experience, it can be a little on the pricey side since only the specials come with any kind of side dish. That said, my 14 oz NY Strip was flavorful and cooked to perfection. It's a great location and about the best you can do short of making the drive to Dallas. With some minor caveats, I certainly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- markDined on 10/18/2014Living in the country,50 miles east of Dallas I finally found a restaurant with great food without the big city traffic. The service was good, the view relaxing and the steak was the best I have haTd in years. I'll be back...Special Features:
- A Diamond in the Country!BevsReviewDined on 10/17/2014Four Winds Steakhouse near Wills Point is worth the drive! The steaks are excellent and cooked exactly to order. The family-style sides are delicious and unique. Service is efficient and Texas friendly, not pretentious. We arrived early enough to enjoy the view of the rolling pastures surrounding the ranch house. Be sure to make reservations for weekend dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Steaksluv2eatDined on 10/17/2014We are regular diners at Four Winds. We go specifically for the steaks...have Never had a bad one! The potatoes augratin are always hot with loads of melting cheese and the creamed corn is fresh off the cob. For an appetizer the escargot and tomato/mozzarella are top in our book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfuldelightfulDined on 10/15/2014We love coming here for a romantic or a family dinner. It is very relaxing & peaceful. The food is just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerLC12Dined on 10/11/2014Took my wife to dinner at the Four Winds for her birthday. We were greeted warmly by our hostess and were seated promptly. We have been to the Four Winds on previous occasions and as always we were waited on very promptly. Both the steak and the seafood special were outstanding. The Cesar Salad and the Tomato and Mozzarella salad were both fresh, crisp and flavorful. My steak was was prepared perfectly to Medium Rare and my wife's fish was well prepared and very tasty. It was a very good evening and a great dinner.Special Features:
- The Great Steak GetawayBigMrEdDined on 10/10/2014Best steak and service around. I've been to three forks, mortons, and bobs chop house, Four Winds tops these without a doubt. I have visited Four Winds for a birthday get together and for a romantic anniversary dinner, either way the food and service were above all the rest. A little bit of a drive from the me tropez but worth every mile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TexasGal2014Dined on 10/10/2014This was our first visit, and everything was excellent - the food, service, scenic view, and relaxed ambience. Our server, Sean, was extremely attentive, polite, and knowledgeable. We will highly recommend Four Winds to others, and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- GREAT STEAKSCANDYKAYNE1964Dined on 10/9/2014THIS IS FAST BECOMING OUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT FOR SPECIAL OCCASSIONS. THE STEAKS ARE COOKED TO ORDER, TASTY AND TENDER. THE ESCARGOT WAS DELISH! WE CHANGED OUR RESERVATIONS TWICE AND THEY WERE VERY ACCOMIDATING. THE SIDES ARE ALSO AMAZING. THE SERVERS ARE ALWAYS VERY PROFESSIONAL. IT IS PRICEY BUT WORTH IT.Special Features:
- 50th Anniversary for my in-lawsBigDaddyDined on 10/8/2014You will love Four Winds if you are looking for a quiet out-of-the-way place where you can you enjoy a great steak, chicken or seafood. You have to try the cream corn. Amazing!! Always love going to Four Winds.Special Features:
- CajunDined on 10/8/2014Fantastic Food, Freindly Staff. This was not our first experience & will not be our last. 4 Winds is our Fine Dining in the country.Special Features:
- Great for anniversaries!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I surprised my wife for our 13th wedding anniversary and was not let down. Great food, great service and a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Great food, great service. They took good care of us for our 35th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- mixedreviewsDined on 10/3/2014We don't get out much but after having dinner at Four Winds, we will be getting out a little more. What a wonder place, what an amazing meal.Special Features:
- In an east Texas pastureSpringhillFarmDined on 10/1/2014Lovely and remote ranch house with warm and attentive service. Great steaks. Server was a bit off in making certain that steak doneness orders matched the correct guest but overall a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranVanDined on 9/30/2014Everything was great especially our waiter. I don't remember his name but he was the older gentleman with impeccable professionalism and a wry sense of humor.Special Features:
- First timersSweethearts1987Dined on 9/27/2014Our first time going to a restaurant that you needed a reservation. It was our first anniversary. We started dating in 1987 as teens. So our first year as husband and wife was a big deal. Thanks to the staff for prompt service and excellent food. This will be a tradition every anniversary now. Oh and our steak was cooked to perfection!!! Thanks again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!!!skeptical51Dined on 9/27/2014It was amazing, the in-laws were still comparing and disussing through Sunday Brunch. It was perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RLH2foodiesDined on 9/27/2014The food was wonderful. The wait staff met our every need and were very friendly. The food was delivered to our table promptly. We all had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- Jennifer JohnsonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014One of our if not our favs for a wonderful steak, and the sides are super!! And with Eriika taking care of us..the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well priced steakhouse !ETexDined on 9/26/2014Very good steakhouse. Dallas quality food (well almost) with East Texas prices and friendliness. Off the beaten path but worth the drive for a night out in the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We drove an hour to get there....blkdiagbDined on 9/26/2014and it was worth the drive. The steaks were cooked perfectly, the side items were very complementary and the wait service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I think the wait-staff could have been a little more engaging with the customers as I sometimes felt they were bored. My steak was not done as I wanted until my husband and I believed our steaks were switched, so all was fine. Scenery was beautiful and very relaxing.Special Features:
- Nothing to write home aboutworldtravelerDined on 9/25/2014We had reservations for 5:00 so it was not busy. The service was excellent, the food was OK. Two in our party got the Iceberg wedge on the side and they are still talking about how good it was. My daughter got the Sugar-cured pork chops. WOW they were awesome, tender, juicy and lots of flavor. Then it went down hill from there. My husband ordered Beef tips and noodles. Serious I can do a better job of preparing this at home. He hardly ate any of it. My son and I ordered the fresh fish of the day. The sauce was wonderful.....the fish was bland. For $24 I was expecting some seriously good fish. I have eaten here before and the steaks are great. The fish and beef tips are just not up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every way!BethDined on 9/24/2014Fabulous meal and grand service by Bonnie, as always. Consistently good in every manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceLuvsteakDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went for our 29th anniversary. Our first time to eat there. The staff was courteous and professional but it took almost 2 hours to get our dinner. Waiter said it was due to plumbing problems but people that came in after us got their food way before us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely awesomestarkDined on 9/19/2014the food was exceptional service outstanding I will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Four Winds never disappoints! Great surprise in beautiful location! Excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectFirstAnniversaryDined on 9/13/2014This night was very elegant and just perfect for my 2nd anniversary. We spent the 1st anniversary there and it was perfect as well. The food was perfect. Staff were very professional.Special Features:
- DeliciousCiddDined on 9/12/2014The food was superb. Cooked exactly how we asked. Absolutely top shelf. The delivery was a little slower than maybe it should have been but we didn't seem to mind.Special Features:
- Service was SLOWVolleybobDined on 9/12/2014Went to four winds at 8 pm. for my son's birthday. He had never been. We recommended it. We ordered an appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. It took two hours to eat on a night that was not busy. A little disappointed for a 160 dollar bill(for 4 adults). Service was way under quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love ItSteakLoverDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I have been here 3 times now and it has become our favorite place to have a romantic dinner. You can always assure everything is going to go perfect. We absolutely enjoy how the restaurant is ran and the entire staff's attitude. I always recommend to anyone that is passing through or is in the Dallas area to eat hear for a perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great.Airwolf68Dined on 9/9/2014There was no wait, we showed up at our reserved time and was led straight to our table overlooking the lake. The appetizer, salads and main course were spaced out just right, without feeling rushed. We started with Fried Oysters that turned out great. For the main course my Wife had the Chicken Fried Beef Tenderloin that we both enjoyed. I had the special, a Filet that was cooked and prepared perfectly. For dessert we shared a slice of Cheesecake with Raspberry sauce that was delicious. It's a shame we don't enjoy this gem more often. Already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as alwaysVinZoDined on 9/5/2014We have dined at Four Winds several times. It is always very good. We were celebrating a birthday and meeting the rest of our party (total of 5) that was coming from east Texas and our reservation was at 6pm. I recommend a later reservation on Friday if you are coming from Dallas, to avoid the traffic. We had the onion ring appetizer and the onions were sweet and not over breaded. I had a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth New York Strip. The others in our party had the Haddock special (x2), Pork Chops, and fried Catfish. All reported satisfaction with their choices. We had several sides and all were abundant and tasty. We also shared 3 deserts of which the bread pudding was a highlight. The price is definitely reasonable.Special Features:
- Four WindsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We went for an anniversary dinner and had a nice time. The food was great, as was the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Execllent RestaurantDebsyDined on 8/30/2014All of my family and myself love going to Four Winds to celebrate special occasions within our family. With this last reservations that I made with Four Winds, it was a birthday celebration for my 2 adult kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.