Four Winds Steakhouse
21191 FM 47
Wills Point, TX 75169Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Four Winds Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fourwindssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9038732225
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Frank Rumore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Options Available. Larger Parties Welcomed!
A word from Four Winds Steakhouse
Follow the winding driveway to the top of the hill and amongst the 100 year oak trees sits an oasis, Four Winds Steakhouse, overlooking a fifteen acre private lake and rolling pastures. Come in and enjoy Chef Frank Rumore’s Fine Steaks, Quality Seafood and Great Service, in an upscale rustic atmosphere. Join us for a complete dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Four Winds Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Wills Point ›
Four Winds Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (196)scenic view (178)romantic (109)good for groups (79)neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (42)notable wine list (33)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went for our 29th anniversary. Our first time to eat there. The staff was courteous and professional but it took almost 2 hours to get our dinner. Waiter said it was due to plumbing problems but people that came in after us got their food way before us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014the food was exceptional service outstanding I will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Four Winds never disappoints! Great surprise in beautiful location! Excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectFirstAnniversaryDined on 9/13/2014This night was very elegant and just perfect for my 2nd anniversary. We spent the 1st anniversary there and it was perfect as well. The food was perfect. Staff were very professional.Special Features:
- DeliciousCiddDined on 9/12/2014The food was superb. Cooked exactly how we asked. Absolutely top shelf. The delivery was a little slower than maybe it should have been but we didn't seem to mind.Special Features:
- Service was SLOWVolleybobDined on 9/12/2014Went to four winds at 8 pm. for my son's birthday. He had never been. We recommended it. We ordered an appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. It took two hours to eat on a night that was not busy. A little disappointed for a 160 dollar bill(for 4 adults). Service was way under quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love ItSteakLoverDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I have been here 3 times now and it has become our favorite place to have a romantic dinner. You can always assure everything is going to go perfect. We absolutely enjoy how the restaurant is ran and the entire staff's attitude. I always recommend to anyone that is passing through or is in the Dallas area to eat hear for a perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great.Airwolf68Dined on 9/9/2014There was no wait, we showed up at our reserved time and was led straight to our table overlooking the lake. The appetizer, salads and main course were spaced out just right, without feeling rushed. We started with Fried Oysters that turned out great. For the main course my Wife had the Chicken Fried Beef Tenderloin that we both enjoyed. I had the special, a Filet that was cooked and prepared perfectly. For dessert we shared a slice of Cheesecake with Raspberry sauce that was delicious. It's a shame we don't enjoy this gem more often. Already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as alwaysVinZoDined on 9/5/2014We have dined at Four Winds several times. It is always very good. We were celebrating a birthday and meeting the rest of our party (total of 5) that was coming from east Texas and our reservation was at 6pm. I recommend a later reservation on Friday if you are coming from Dallas, to avoid the traffic. We had the onion ring appetizer and the onions were sweet and not over breaded. I had a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth New York Strip. The others in our party had the Haddock special (x2), Pork Chops, and fried Catfish. All reported satisfaction with their choices. We had several sides and all were abundant and tasty. We also shared 3 deserts of which the bread pudding was a highlight. The price is definitely reasonable.Special Features:
- Four WindsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We went for an anniversary dinner and had a nice time. The food was great, as was the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Execllent RestaurantDebsyDined on 8/30/2014All of my family and myself love going to Four Winds to celebrate special occasions within our family. With this last reservations that I made with Four Winds, it was a birthday celebration for my 2 adult kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jwalkDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful eating experience. We were in a group of 9 and all agreed it was one of the best places any of us have eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014We have been coming here for 6 years for our anniversary and this is the first year we have been disappointed. While the steak had a very good flavor, the meat was a very poor quality and was very tough. The four of us all each got a different steak and this was true for all steaks. We were very disappointed and will try to new place next year.
- Farm & Ranch Local Restaurant2658Dined on 8/30/2014Located on the ranch that once belonged to the ex Dallas Cowboy, Leroy Jordan in the ranch main house, in the Wills Point area . I watch it being built and have enjoyed the food and view ever since. Great food with a limited selection that never varies in quality and taste. A lot of attention to detail in the food preparation. Good prices for the quality of food served. Wait staff attend to your every need and make you feel special very time you go.Special Features:
- Always Great!TexasGirl6349Dined on 8/29/2014We only get to Four Winds about once or twice a year, but it is always a great experience. Four Winds has an excellent steak selection and they are always cooked perfectly. The atmosphere can be described as Cowboy Chic, but don't let that fool you, Four Winds has top notch service and food. It is a great place for large parties or intimate romantic dinners. My husband and I spent our first anniversary there and we just celebrated his birthday there this year. We hope to get back there soon. This little gem is hidden in Wills Point, Texas and I recommend it to anyone searching for an excellent steak dinner. It is worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014JB was great as usual. This our 56th wedding ANC. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinnerFromthelakeDined on 8/28/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Four Winds. The service was very good. The facilities were attractive and very nice for the locale. The dinner was good but not excellent. We had remembered the food as being much better our last time there several years ago.Special Features:
- Good Food but ambience lackingmama21grlDined on 8/28/2014The steaks are very good. There were 4 of us and each couple shared the ribeye with brandy peppercorn sauce so we could have room for appetizers and desserts. The calamari was in a cornmeal batter which caused it to be too dry but the goat cheese bruschetta was excellant. We were extremely disappointed in how several of the guests came in with less than appropriate dress code. We like this place very much but are disappointed that a dress code is not in par with fine dining.Special Features:
- The best steak everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Everything about the meal was exceptional and it was the best steak we have ever had. The service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must trystanDined on 8/22/2014Outstanding food and service can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food was amazing! Noise level in main dining room is very high. Room off to side where we sat this time not as bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DiningSunshineDined on 8/22/2014I love Four Winds. The food is excellent and the scenic view is amazing.Special Features:
- sg13foodieDined on 8/20/2014This is our families "special occasion" restaurant and we celebrate a lot! This is the best food we have ever eaten and wouldn't even consider going to Dallas. Cant believe we have such quality so close to our home. BBq Shrimp, crab cakes, cream corn and spinach our favorites. Steak is always superb, of course!! Especially the filet! Bread basket and butter fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceAmazingDined on 8/20/20144 Winds Steak House is not cheap, but dinner at this place is well worth the extra expense. The staff is attentive and very helpful. The location is very lovely. But, the food is beyond belief. These folks know how a steak is supposed to taste. Forget any steak sauces, you won't need them. The dress is casual. All in all, this is a place you need to try. Thank heaven we don't have to go into the metroplex to get a descent steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steaks and lobster tailGregDined on 8/19/2014Best Steak in the east and couldn't ask for a better lobster anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Two people in our group did not enjoy their meal as much as they usual do with the ribeye and the pork chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMarr4lifeDined on 8/19/2014Best steak I've ever had! Very moist, melt in your mouth tenderness. Save room for dessert, the chocolate mousse was equally delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJscottDined on 8/16/2014If your looking for a surprise in the country and great food try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Four WindsTevebaughDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I have visited this restaurant many times for special occasions. He asked me to marry him at the quaint gazebo beside the pond near the restaurant, and we dined there that night. We have also celebrated anniversaries and Valentines Day there as well as Birthdays. Love, love, love this restaurant. The best table is in the far left corner of the main dining room, where you are surrounded by picture windows looking out on the pond, and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Food not as good as it use to be.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The time before this last visit. We got Steak & Lobster. My Lobster was stringy. Told watress & was told that is just the way they are sometimes. I think they should have replaced it. Use to be our favorite place to eat, but not any longer. Don't know if we will ever go back. Also they have taken Scallops off of the Menu. This was my husbands favorite. Also this last visit we placed our order. Was never told of Specials they had. After seeing another table get special I ask waiter. He just said we ordered to quick. What we ordered was about what the special was. My opinion waiter should have told us about the special when we order almost what was on the special. It would have saved us money. NOT HAPPYSpecial Features:
- Dining perfectionfood2loveDined on 8/14/2014Perfect dining experience. This place has it all.....perfectly delicious food, perfect service and ambeince.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!SteakSnobsDined on 8/14/2014We've been to 4 Winds several times, and enjoy celebrating special occasions there. Food is always spectacular, and the service is wonderful. It's a little off the beaten path, but it's so worth it! Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing..soso100963Dined on 8/13/2014As always. ..great food and service. We really love this restaurant. Brought our 13yo. daughter and she loved it also. We will have a hard time coming back without her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!lspoetryDined on 8/13/2014Food is always delicious, prepared perfectly. Great sides!Special Features:
- Beautiful location-excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014We are locals who have dined here for years. We always find it to be a good selection for a relaxing family dinner or special occasion dinner. The steaks are their real gem and always taste great, tender and never dry. Specials make the meals more affordable and the service is always excellent. Appetizers and desserts make the dinner completely memorable! The wine list offers nice choices. Views of rolling cattle land with towering live oaks and a wall of windows overlooking a lake make it unique!Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Over all a very good time, entree was good, service was very goodSpecial Features:
- our special occasion go-to placerobv52Dined on 8/12/2014my wife and I always enjoy dining here on special occasions. this last one being our 42nd wedding anniversary. would dine here more often, but it is quite a long way for us to drive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Wait staff were arguing and upset. The owner (lady) had to leave before "she killed someone to get a smoke break". Table by us waited for 30 minutes before being waited on. Overall, we will not be coming back. Very unorganized. Will not be coming back, nor will I suggest to anyone to go there. Too expensive to have to deal with the drama the waitstaff and owner had going on. May have been a bad night on their part, but for the price, not going to recommend to friends due to the evening we had. Food was good though. Compliments to the chef.Special Features:
- 45 th anniversaryPopsandMimiDined on 8/9/2014Great special occasion place, food was great, view was outstanding, wait staff excellent, good experience!Special Features:
- Outstanding!js29Dined on 8/8/2014We were a few minutes late for our reservation. We had called and no problem - we were seated right away. The food was excellent and our server, Ronna (?), was wonderful. It was our anniversary. In discussing desserts I had mentioned that I love chocolate. We decided on the bread pudding and they brought it on a plate with Happy Anniversary written out in chocolate! Great food, great service and great view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.