Four Winds Steakhouse
21191 FM 47
Wills Point, TX 75169Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Four Winds Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fourwindssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (903) 873-2225
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Frank Rumore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Options Available. Larger Parties Welcomed!
A word from Four Winds Steakhouse
Follow the winding driveway to the top of the hill and amongst the 100 year oak trees sits an oasis, Four Winds Steakhouse, overlooking a fifteen acre private lake and rolling pastures. Come in and enjoy Chef Frank Rumore’s Fine Steaks, Quality Seafood and Great Service, in an upscale rustic atmosphere. Join us for a complete dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Four Winds Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Wills Point ›
Four Winds Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (171)scenic view (161)romantic (97)good for groups (72)fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (41)notable wine list (38)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Best steakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014Absolutely the best steak I have eaten. Great special occasion or dinner out with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Ranch with very pretty views!Jwalling22Dined on 11/14/2014They need to put some photos on their website because we didn't have a clue how nice this place was until we got there. This used to be a large Ranch house they turned into a restaurant. The inside is all cedar wood walls and hardwood floors. It's basically like a real nice hunting lodge/ranch. There are lots of windows with views across 100's of acres of pastures with cattle roaming. Very very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We absolutely love this restaurant.SunshineDined on 11/13/2014The food is fabulous and the view is beautiful. We always go to Four Winds for special occasions. Our server,Shelby, was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebrating an anniversaryLC12Dined on 11/13/2014The Four Winds is a great place to spend an anniversary. Good wine, great dining, and a welcoming and attentive staff. The steaks and seafood are exceptional and the service is unparalleled. The view from the windows by the fireplace is of the lake and meadow. The view on that particular evening was of a six-point Whitetail Buck calmly walking along the fence line directly in our view. Made the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodMichaelDined on 11/11/2014we have eaten here several times and this time the service was average or less. not attentive, didn't pick up the dishes quickly and water glasses emptied before being refilled. unusual as all our previous experiences were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- four winds - 8 nov 2014fastbob49Dined on 11/8/2014Service was excellent. Shrimp cocktail, salad, ribeye and fried shrimp were amazing. Did not like au gratin potatoes, and waitress removed from bill. $95 out the door with tip. Definitely a special occassion type restaurant, at least for us. Now that we have been to four winds, i realize there are several places closer to home that are comparable and cheaper. We probably wont go back unless invited by friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014They use too much pepper in their food. It was very peppery........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SettingArnoldDined on 11/4/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday at Four Winds and enjoyed it very much. The ranch house setting was perfect for a enjoying a well prepared steak from a good piece of meat. The goat cheese appetizer was to die for. The ambiance was rustic yet elegant and the service was very good. We enjoyed a great bottle of wine with our steaks.Special Features:
- texas charmDiningdelightVIPDined on 11/1/2014You could not find a more hospitable, scenic place for dinner. Staring out over the pond with the sun setting came right out of a painting. The food is solid and the waitstaff very warm and friendly. A great place for dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My fiance and I choose Four Winds Steakhouse for all our special occasion dinners. We absolutely love everytime we visit and are over joyed when we leave. Never a bad experience! We are already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Great Steak, Great Atmosphere, Great Prices. Wonderful service. they were attentive without being bothersome.Special Features:
- Very special EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The food was wonderful and the service was excellent. Our small group had the salmon, pecan crusted catfish,and steak. We started with the crab cakes which were outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencehappyeatersanddrinkersDined on 10/30/2014What a great evening. The meals and wine were delicious and the service could not have been better. A great dining experience. We will definitely be back. Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!KjaxsonDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I went on a Saturday night. Food and service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LisaDined on 10/25/2014We have never had a negative experience at Four Winds. Would recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- DisappointmentXmasEveDinnerDined on 10/25/2014This was our second trip there, and once again we were given the table by the wall next to the bar on the main walkway. We sat for 15 minutes before anyone came by and that was to drop off some bread. When the waiter showed up he took offense to the fact I wanted a wine list. I guess Middle age Hispanics don't order wine. We sat in the same location on our first trip, but because this time we were 4 I sat with my back to the walkway. I was hit more than 10 times with other clients and wait staff going by. I found the steaks to be lacking, Saltgrass gives you more meat and better cuts. The baked potatoes were jokes they were the size of just above a golf balls. This will be my last trip there. What a waste of money $360.00 and $60 was tip.Special Features:
- Texas ambianceDovieDined on 10/25/2014The entire evening experience at Four Winds was a delight - we arrived before dark and thus enjoyed looking out our tableside window at the view of a quiet and attractive Texas landscape. We, husband & wife, enjoyed perfectly prepared filet mignons and accompanying vegetables. A delicious and enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:
- Best Steak EverFoxhuntfanDined on 10/24/2014I am certain that it was the best steak I have ever eaten. Started with a great cut of meat, and then seasoned and cooked to absolute perfection. The saddest part of the meal was taking the last bite! Our server was perfect, very informative about the menu, knowledgeable about what was gluten free and provided service in a timely and unobtrusive way. Couldn't have been better! My only complaint about the entire thing was how loud it was. We were in the open dining room, and it was very difficult to hear each other speak. Private rooms or outside seating would be better. Word of advice - don't use your GPS - just call the hostess and ask for directions! It isn't hard to find with her guidance - and trust me- it is so worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meepsDined on 10/24/2014Our first visit, but will definitely return to Four Winds. Waitress was extremely courteous and attentive to all our needs. Food was excellent, served at the correct temp and the servings were ample. Loved all the sides. They do need to have a complimentary desert for individuals celebrating special occasions.Special Features:
- POOR WAITER SERVICEDavidDined on 10/24/2014Our waiter, who has been serving there for about as many years as Four Winds has been open, did VERY LITTLE of the serving. Food runners brought our food and our waiter seemed to have VANISHED every time I wanted another drink. He was SLOOOOW and inattentive to our table. Otherwise, the food was as good as ever. Our waiter also removed my wine glass without asking me if I was going to have wine. I fully intended to but once he took my wine glass, I drank another beer or two and didn't order wine. HE missed another opportunity to boost the bill up a bit.Special Features:
- Wills Point's Hidden Secret!!AMK2012Dined on 10/21/2014My husband and I visited Four Winds for our anniversary. The food was spectacular! We had the ribeye, creamed spinach and pecan crusted catfish. Simply delicious! We also had the shrimp with remoulade sauce; it was a bit tangy for my taste, but the shrimp was delicious. Our server, Sean was very good. He was very knowledgeable on the food selections and provided excellent customer service. We've been trying to make it out to Wills Point for a few years to try this restaurant and I'm glad we finally made it out. We will definitely recommend Four Winds to our friends and family! Thanks so much!!!Special Features:
- Fine Dining ExperiencearabianDined on 10/21/2014We were a little concerned about our late arrival. Restaurant staff were also concerned an called to ensure we hadn't got lost. Upon arrival, we seated by the host who was warm and accommodating. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menus and provided excellent assistance. Everything, to include: Crab Cakes, New York Strip, asparagus, scalloped potatoes and green beans was fresh and cooked to order. The portions are generous and the food is excellent! The best steak I've eaten in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Outstanding in all categories, food, service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jmh0366Dined on 10/18/2014Great place, fantastic food - however a little loud but overall wonderful place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best bet short of driving to Dallasearlyretire55Dined on 10/18/2014We've been to Four Winds 5-6 times over the years. Staff is friendly, service is good, food is very good. This time, we had a larger party and had to sit upstairs, which wasn't all that atmospheric and tended to be a little loud. While it was still a good experience, it can be a little on the pricey side since only the specials come with any kind of side dish. That said, my 14 oz NY Strip was flavorful and cooked to perfection. It's a great location and about the best you can do short of making the drive to Dallas. With some minor caveats, I certainly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- markDined on 10/18/2014Living in the country,50 miles east of Dallas I finally found a restaurant with great food without the big city traffic. The service was good, the view relaxing and the steak was the best I have haTd in years. I'll be back...Special Features:
- A Diamond in the Country!BevsReviewDined on 10/17/2014Four Winds Steakhouse near Wills Point is worth the drive! The steaks are excellent and cooked exactly to order. The family-style sides are delicious and unique. Service is efficient and Texas friendly, not pretentious. We arrived early enough to enjoy the view of the rolling pastures surrounding the ranch house. Be sure to make reservations for weekend dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Steaksluv2eatDined on 10/17/2014We are regular diners at Four Winds. We go specifically for the steaks...have Never had a bad one! The potatoes augratin are always hot with loads of melting cheese and the creamed corn is fresh off the cob. For an appetizer the escargot and tomato/mozzarella are top in our book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfuldelightfulDined on 10/15/2014We love coming here for a romantic or a family dinner. It is very relaxing & peaceful. The food is just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerLC12Dined on 10/11/2014Took my wife to dinner at the Four Winds for her birthday. We were greeted warmly by our hostess and were seated promptly. We have been to the Four Winds on previous occasions and as always we were waited on very promptly. Both the steak and the seafood special were outstanding. The Cesar Salad and the Tomato and Mozzarella salad were both fresh, crisp and flavorful. My steak was was prepared perfectly to Medium Rare and my wife's fish was well prepared and very tasty. It was a very good evening and a great dinner.Special Features:
- The Great Steak GetawayBigMrEdDined on 10/10/2014Best steak and service around. I've been to three forks, mortons, and bobs chop house, Four Winds tops these without a doubt. I have visited Four Winds for a birthday get together and for a romantic anniversary dinner, either way the food and service were above all the rest. A little bit of a drive from the me tropez but worth every mile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TexasGal2014Dined on 10/10/2014This was our first visit, and everything was excellent - the food, service, scenic view, and relaxed ambience. Our server, Sean, was extremely attentive, polite, and knowledgeable. We will highly recommend Four Winds to others, and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- GREAT STEAKSCANDYKAYNE1964Dined on 10/9/2014THIS IS FAST BECOMING OUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT FOR SPECIAL OCCASSIONS. THE STEAKS ARE COOKED TO ORDER, TASTY AND TENDER. THE ESCARGOT WAS DELISH! WE CHANGED OUR RESERVATIONS TWICE AND THEY WERE VERY ACCOMIDATING. THE SIDES ARE ALSO AMAZING. THE SERVERS ARE ALWAYS VERY PROFESSIONAL. IT IS PRICEY BUT WORTH IT.Special Features:
- 50th Anniversary for my in-lawsBigDaddyDined on 10/8/2014You will love Four Winds if you are looking for a quiet out-of-the-way place where you can you enjoy a great steak, chicken or seafood. You have to try the cream corn. Amazing!! Always love going to Four Winds.Special Features:
- CajunDined on 10/8/2014Fantastic Food, Freindly Staff. This was not our first experience & will not be our last. 4 Winds is our Fine Dining in the country.Special Features:
- Great for anniversaries!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I surprised my wife for our 13th wedding anniversary and was not let down. Great food, great service and a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Great food, great service. They took good care of us for our 35th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- mixedreviewsDined on 10/3/2014We don't get out much but after having dinner at Four Winds, we will be getting out a little more. What a wonder place, what an amazing meal.Special Features:
- In an east Texas pastureSpringhillFarmDined on 10/1/2014Lovely and remote ranch house with warm and attentive service. Great steaks. Server was a bit off in making certain that steak doneness orders matched the correct guest but overall a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FranVanDined on 9/30/2014Everything was great especially our waiter. I don't remember his name but he was the older gentleman with impeccable professionalism and a wry sense of humor.Special Features: