Four Food Studio
515 Broadhollow Road
Melville, NY 11747Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Four Food Studio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fourfoodstudio.com/
- Phone: 6315774444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: James McDevitt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Four Food Studio
Four Food Studio offers traditional cooking, both artisanal and classic. Luxuriate with hand crafted cocktails in our salon and enjoy our culinary tribute to mother nature.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Four Food Studio reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent Veal ChopsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/8/2014The meal was delicious. We went early so it wasn't busy. The Veal Chop was amazing. The 50% bottle of wines excellent.Special Features:
- Nice Place for a DateBLUEDined on 2/28/2014Very Nice place overall. Food was very good we had the Winter Menu to choose from. Overall this place has a bit of young crowd ( Loud Teen Females Sixteen year olds Tying to look older type of young) for a late Friday evening but I am hoping it may have been just the night that I was there. Cool place for Long Island I would go again. Just hope that maybe next time at the restaurant the crowd wont look like a Poorly mad knockoff Miley Cyrus Video ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the first time therelunchdateDined on 2/27/2014This was the first time there for most of us. We had a lunch meeting with our boss and a staff of 9 people. The lunch special was good although the restaurant was pretty busy for lunch and therefore, we did have a lengthy wait for our food. Also, I hate to say that one of my staff found a hair in his food. The waitress did apologize and he was able to order something else. He ended up getting it to go because of the long wait. I would recommend this restaurant and would go back there myself. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet eveningLocalDined on 2/17/2014We had Four to ourselves on a snowy Monday evening. Although we were the only customers in the place , no one rushed us, our waiter was great and the food good. The cotton candy was fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 wasn't a hole in one.Thedarknight747Dined on 2/14/2014The place was just ok. Chairs and tables were always moving (our table stand was unbalanced), and food with service was just ok. Maybe I would come back with my wife but there was nothing special about this spot other than the great idea of the four seasons under one place but the summer area didn't look like summer. Oh but when your check is delivered, you get free cotton candy.Special Features:
- Valentines Dinnergolfer0659Dined on 2/14/2014Was looking forward to going here since i haven't been here in a few years. Very disappointed in being put in a side room sitting on plastic chairs when there were plenty of tables in the main dining room. The champaign we ordered was not available and they were nice enough to substitute a more expensive bottle. Food was OK nothing special. I would try again on a non holiday evening but the restaurant seems to be getting dated and there are other restaurants in the area that are nicer for the price.
- Expecting moreexpectingmoreDined on 2/14/2014Good quality food but had no seasonings and the risotto was not cook.. Excelent service. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- good place to get your sexy onsavy7Dined on 2/11/2014The atmosphere as well as the scenery was truly amazing. Our waiter Zach was very knowledgeable and made excellent recommendations. My wife and I can't wait to dine their during the summer.absolutely amazing neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and great service.LikeanightoutDined on 2/8/2014Highly recommend the romaine salad with avacado ranch dressing. Pasta special with tortellini, truffle cream and tenderloin was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabolousifalcoVIPDined on 2/1/2014Have not been here for dinner since you first opened still very loud but live the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happen??OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/27/2013I was there three years ago and the food was outstanding. And this time it was ok. The Salmon was dry. It just was ok not great for the money that they charge there. And on a Friday night they were empty. Looks like they won't be there to long... Looks like they changed the chef.Special Features:
- Good food, good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013My girlfriends and I were celebrating a birthday. The food was very good, although it was very loud we couldn't have a good conversation. The service could have been a little better, we went long periods of time without seeing our waitress. Overall we did have a good time and would def go back in the summer when it is warmer and we can enjoy the outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happened??Jcat104VIPDined on 12/7/2013I have been to this restaurant at least 7-8 times with the last one being about a year ago. We were always happy. We returned in Dec. 2013 and were very disappointed to say the least! There was either a corporate party or reunion on their way out when we arrived. We waited at hostess desk for 15 min without anyone to greet us. We then proceeded to walk through the restaurant seeing only one table seated in the entire place. We went back to hostess desk and again waited and then left. Really sad because I have always been happy here. We will not be returning!
- Over priced and poorly cooked foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/7/2013I booked this reservation based on the menu in Opentable, only to find a different menu upon arrival which was disappointing because the items we were planning to order weren't offered. I know the menu changes seasonally but it should be kept current so people know what to expect. The crab cake appetizer tasted good but was over priced at $18. My wife ordered the shrimp special entree; the portion was so small she was finished in less than 5 minutes and had to eat my sides. Worst of all, the $35 filet mignon I ordered cooked medium was well done and was sliced by the chef prior to being served and therefore dry as all the juices ran out onto my plate. Amateurish. The service was good & the ambience was loud. I won't eat here again.
- Won't go back!ChairVIPDined on 11/9/2013The service was erratic and frustrating; the food was disappointing; and the ambiance was cold & uninviting. In addition, the chairs were the most uncomfortable seats I've ever experienced. Loved the cotton candy!
- Fun! Romantic!4LASDined on 11/8/2013Service was spot on and food was delicious!! Second time there and still great food. On the loud side but it didn't interfere with my meal. Waiter was knowledgeable and very helpful. Cotton candy made me feel like a kid again and I loved the sparkler on my cake!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and friendly !MarieDined on 11/7/2013Service was great! Cotton candy a cute touch! Variety of different foods. Great date atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four FoodsMEjlDined on 11/5/2013Parking - poor. Mandatory valet parking - or - walk around the corner by the adjacent building's loading dock .poorly lit Service - waitress somewhat attentive Menu- limited Food- average Pricing - overpriced - small portions Atmosphere- noisy
- Watch out for the Fine Print!!IkeyVIPDined on 11/4/2013We went for Restaurant Week. Food was good, portion sizes were very generous. We were having a very good time until we got the bill. In the very light print (and I do mean very hard to read!) of the RW Menu, there were $8 surcharges for two of the items we ordered. When we complained to the manager, no adjustments were made to our bill and the chef got the blame. We won't be back, too many other good restaurants on LI!
- Date nite reviewDateniteDined on 10/26/2013Had a wonderful experience thanks to our waitress. I believe her name was Erica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudSauceDined on 9/28/2013the food was subpar, the noise level was ridiculously loud, the service was mediocre
- Lively and lovelyDrewDined on 9/25/2013Attractive environment. Good food and service. Beautiful outdoor dining. Small but varied menu.Special Features:
- Lovely for LunchPatriciaVIPDined on 9/24/2013Four is a great place to meet a friend for lunch. It's open, airy, and has outdoor space. The servings were generous and delicious. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is consistantly good!OpentableUserDined on 9/21/2013Initially,our server & helper were attentive, the Manager came around & asked how things were, I ordered a drink, French Bellini, YUM!. We ordered coffee @ the end of our meal, it took a long time they were having a problem with the machine. We were there for 2 hrs & @ 9:20 we were finishing our coffee, they started moving the tables around us to prepare for the DJ @10. I wanted water but there wasn't a worker to be found. I suggest you avoid sitting close to the bar if you don't want to be rushed to finish. Our meal was great, my husband had the chicken lettuce wraps, it was a huge pot. I had the Lobster salad and it was delish. My entrée was the shellfish with broth over rice and it was fresh and flavorful. The lighting was very low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amateurish service, food average.MitchDined on 8/29/2013This is the classic Long Island space that is trying to be something else then a restaurant,a club? A cool place that rivals a NYC restaurant? The chairs that push you back away from the table when sitting in them, the hurried and amateurish waitress who literally ran past table dropping things on it without stopping to hear that we wanted to re - order drinks, and our order was wrong, but since the waitress was on speed and couldn't be "caught" we never were able to correct it. Why anyone would choose this place, it's probably the only place nearby with table service . And Long Islanders think it's "cool".It was also obvious the waitress had zero training. Go for drinks,..it looks like the suburbs hottest spot for cheaters.
- Service MediocrepamfromvegasDined on 8/28/2013Service lacking ....had to ask for everything including refills on water. New seating uncomfortable. The chairs made me feel like I was falling backward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible!AsheeVIPDined on 8/9/2013This restaurant/ lounge is absolutely horrible. The host Lydia was very nice & seated us immediately but then we had the worst waiter who never came back to ask if we needed anything! The food was mediocre but with such terrible service, does the food really matter? Our waiter was too busy dancing with the patrons at the bar than attending to our needs. Then, we decided to have drinks at the bar! What a mistake! We opened a tab & were never able to order a second drink because the two bartenders were too busy fighting with each other- it was obvious that they were having a boyfriend/ girlfriend fight which is completely unacceptable & unprofessional.
- Food just okMargoVIPDined on 8/2/2013Good ambience but overpriced food and really not that good. Service was excellent though and it is entertaining because of dj and dancing.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2013I had a wonderful time. The service was great. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I haven't been to Four inOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/27/2013I haven't been to Four in quite a while. My boyfriend and I got a drink at the bar before meeting our friends. The bartender was sweet and cheery but wasn't familiar with what kinds of liquor were behind the bar. The hostess sat us outside, and she was very professional. The outside looks amazing- I feel like I'm in Miami! The fire pits are such a great feature. I highly recommend the artichoke ravioli and salmon! Our server was attentive in the beginning, but was hard to find towards the end of dinner. We had to get the manager to give us the check. The food was tasty and we will be back.Special Features:
- pay close attentiondenise2Dined on 7/24/2013i love the summer time because you can have all you can eat lobster on a Wednesday night and have fabulous coconut cocktails...But if you are making a reservation on open table you better make sure you check to see if you can on lobster night, the server came over and said we couldn't have the lobster special because we made our reservation on line, i told the waitress it didn't say that when making the reservation, she where it says notes you need to note that. well after saying i want the lobster that is why we came, she finally gave it to us. their staff is very attentive in the beginning but there after its hard to get a server (they kind of ignore you). the food was great but be patient when it comes to the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to say I never got toOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2013Sorry to say I never got to dine there. I had a reservation for over three weeks. Dinner at Four then a concert at Westbury. When I get to Four I am told that they tried to call me that day to tell me they booked a private party that day and could not honor my reservation. They did say the party would be over in an hour or so and I could come back. The manager Steve proceeded to throw Opentable under the bus stating they don't know what Opentable books until the day of the reservation. I think that is a lame excuse by the manager Steve for being lazy and not doing his job. To the owner of Four, you should get yourself a real manager, one who does their job and cares for your business enough to treat your customers with respect.
- great food and perfect atmosphiresamIamDined on 6/28/2013I suggested this resturant to friends from word of mouth and had "the best salmon" that I've had in years. Our waiter was great andmy guests and I loved the cotton candy at the end of our meal. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Help neededOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2013We ordered 2 bottles of wine and my husband had to open them because our server didnt know how to use the corkscrew. Did not care for cafeteria furniture . Couldn't have Chilean sea bass that I wanted...they ran out!!Special Features:
- Amazing experience!DonnieDined on 6/6/2013I asked my friends for recommendations for a restaurant to take someone for a first date/birthday, and Four Food Studio was the place I selected. The ambiance was lovely. We had an intimate dinner and our waitress was a pleasure. In fact, the entire staff that we encountered was absolutely phenomenal. The food and wine selections were fantastic and dessert was a hit! I would definitely go back and recommend to others!!! Thank you for contributing to an amazing night. A wonderful memory was created and we will always remember our experience at Four!Special Features:
- Night out with friendsLuvfinedinningDined on 6/1/2013A vert pleasant dinning experience. Modern decor.felt like I was in las Vegas! Food was good, service was friendly and helpful. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here several times. NeverLoriDined on 4/27/2013Been here several times. Never disappoints. Food was excellent. Server Monica was awesome.Special Features:
- Going for dinner at 10:00pm,missyp84Dined on 4/19/2013Going for dinner at 10:00pm, I was expecting some noise and energy, but it was a bit loud to try and carry on a conversation. However, the food was very good and so was the service. The atmosphere was lively and trendy.Special Features:
- It used to be one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2013It used to be one of our favorite spots. We could always get a nice table for two somewhat removed from the more active center of the restaurant. At out last trip they had totally reorganized the seating into just a large group of open table, like in a cafeteria. This is removed any chance of getting a romantic table for two; though I'm sure they added quite a few seats in the new design. We aha red a fried calamari, it was close to fried rubber bands, we bare ate any of it, so you would have thought the waitress would have asked was there anything the matter with it, she didn't. We speculated that she didn't ask because she already knew the answer. My pork ragu gnocchi was not very good, though my wife liked her salmon.Special Features:
- This is a good place for aFoodcriticMDDined on 4/19/2013This is a good place for a late night drink but def not dinner. Its more of a club than a restaurant so don't expect a romantic ambiance unless though like purple uplights. Overall, not impressed but any means.Special Features: