187 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5L 1G5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
CalifornianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fourtoronto.com/
- Phone: 4163681444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Pat Riley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please contact directly for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Amber Podrats 4163681444
A word from FOUR
Welcome to FOUR where we offer a balanced approach to guilt-free dining. We pride ourselves in our commitment to healthful dining by offering all of our dishes under 650 calories; however, our approach to nutrition and wellness is so much more than just calories and carbohydrates - it really is about the kind of food that makes you feel great about what you eat. In other words, we want to help you put the positive into your body so that you can radiate that positive energy right back by looking and feeling fabulous.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
FOUR reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (35)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (9)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always good and timelyKphjrVIPDined on 9/11/2014When looking for a healthier meal at lunch that meets quick time constraints, FOUR, is the answer. Have never had a bad meal here. Tuna and Thai Chicken dishes are great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/25/2014The food never disappoints at Four. Delicious menu and I have never ordered something I haven't loved. The lamb salad and crusted tuna are some favorites. And the hummus appetizer is also fabulous (though should definitely be shared). The dessert shooters are the cutest ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingluv2eatDined on 8/21/2014It was our first time at this restaurant; but, it certainly won't be our last. Our server, Sage, was amazing and the food was incredible. We will definitely be recommending it to others, and will come back often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bsuiness lunches made enjoyablecuisineexplorerDined on 8/5/2014Four, as I found, is a wonderful place for a business lunch. It's moderately quiet, the service is very attentive, and the cuisine was a very pleasant surprise in terms of quality and affordability.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanfromTorontoDined on 7/31/2014I met up with a couple of friends for a casual dinner after work. We shared Tapas (Pizza, Bison sliders, Good Olives, Tandoori Shrimp and Lamb with Pitas). I liked everything but the Tandoori shrimp which were a bit soggy and the olives which were all spiced with lemon - they would have been far better if they were left in plain brine. The service was good and our server was attentive. I felt we got good value for our money.Special Features:
- Reliable Lunch spotTODinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014Still a good place to go for a more healthy, lower calorie lunch. Bison burger is delicious and the crab cakes and calamari appetizers are fantastic.Special Features:
- Lunch with SaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Good food and not busy. Service was prompt and attentive.Special Features:
- MarieDined on 7/18/2014We had the cajun grouper special for lunch. The size of the portion was perfect, the grouper melted in your mouth and the salad was fantastic. Our server was knowledgeable, energetic and attentive.Special Features:
- Good fresh food with a long waitAlwayswiththefoodDined on 7/15/2014Our party of two enjoyed our lunch at Four this week, but I would only go again if I had time to kill. We were seated immediately upon arriving for our reservation and ordered 2 mains only, no appetizers. Half an hour passed, and we still had not received our food nor had our server stopped by until we flagged another one down. This is not the first time I've experienced this at Four, in the busy 1hr for lunch environment a little more haste and attention would be appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebAlexDined on 7/10/2014Four is a wonderful restaurant for a quick lunch. Service is good and food is very good. Always enjoy coming back to Four.Special Features:
- Foodie4LifeDined on 6/24/2014I like the fact that Four offers healthy options and the menu is reasonably priced and good value for moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchfoodie1986Dined on 6/20/2014FOUR is fantastic for a quick, healthy, tasty lunch... always in and out within the hour which is great for people who are on a schedule.Special Features:
- Great first meal at FOURjake12Dined on 6/19/2014This is a great place for lunch. The restaurant has high tables and the mood is charged. Although the menu isn't as extensive as some other restaurants, there is something on there for everyone. The nice thing is that all their meals are lower in calories so you can have that appetizer and not worry about it. It is tucked away in Commerce Court but is really worth trying. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was quick, food was good.Lunchdate525Dined on 6/18/2014My guest did ask for a double appetizer order of the calamari to make it a lunch and was happy that they could accommodate. Unfortunately, the order was not large enough to be a full meal. Being lunch, it was busy and we left with one hungry person. Everything else was wonderful and very quick, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Healthy choices made this a perfect place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 485 reviews are from the FOUR reviews archive.
- found in the PATHasdfghjklDined on 5/20/2014We went for Dinner, however this place is more geared towards a lunch hot spot. The place is nicely set up and lots of space, but we were 1 of 6 tables - the place was dead mid-week. The restaurant is located underground in the PATH and therefore likely more lively over lunch.Special Features:
- Date Nightgreatdinners11Dined on 5/15/2014I went here for a second date and I chose this restaurant based on reviews I found online. The most notable critique was the portion sizes... They were more than adequate and only 650 cals to boot! If you're an American-size dish lover, you will find them small, but no one needs an entire pound of pasta for themselves. You might as well stick to your East Side Mario's and save yourself the unwarranted disappointment. The ambiance was outstanding and our server was phenomenal. He was very friendly and knowledgeable and as a result we were more than happy to try his recommendations. Seven alcoholic drinks and four appetizers came out to less that $120 (tip included). Great find for the financial district!Special Features:
- Good value for money and IFoodie4LifeDined on 4/7/2014Good value for money and I love that it provides healthy options so I can eat worry free without worrying about the calories. I also like the fact that the menu is refreshed and am always excited to know about the daily specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the meat?LeslieDined on 3/19/2014Our appetizer and meals were slow in arriving and others who arrived after us were served before we were. Also our bison burgers came without any actual burgers in them so we had to send them back. Once we actually got our food it was very good.
- Love four because of theirMarthavbDined on 3/19/2014Love four because of their tasty Gluten Free options, all while being super healthy.
- Great Healthy Business LunchKejabuDined on 3/13/2014Good food, good service, convenient location, healthy food options. It is always busy but never too loud. It is a perfect set up for my business/networking lunches. I continue to return and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Nothing Surprising - good lunchSterlingzincVIPDined on 3/10/2014Nothing to complain about here. Lunch was good, service was fine, nothing exceptional, but nothing to complain about either. Sometimes this in itself should be considered a compliment. I had an idea of what I wanted, I went there and got exactly what I wanted and was not surprised - Thank You.Special Features:
- Under staffedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/6/2014When we first arrived, our server was very attentive. As the place started to fill up and get busy, he stopped coming by. We sat for 20+ minutes with empty drink glasses and dirty dishes on our table. After trying to get his attention several times, he finally came back and didn't even acknowledge that he had neglected us for so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable for lunchTODinerVIPDined on 3/6/2014Low cal but tasty basically sums Four up. I love the Bison Burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go to Four from time toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2014I go to Four from time to time because it is convenient for a work lunch. We were disappointed with the service this time. While I appreciate that it was busy when we were there, it was very frustrating to have to wait a long time before our server came to our table to take our order, to have food runners come to our table a few times with the wrong food and also having our server disappear for most of our lunch. If we needed something she was nowhere to be found. She did not even check if everything was fine. We also had to wait for bill and again to get it paid. Lunch time is busy for patrons - we have to get back to the office. This is the second time we had the same server and both times, the service was not that great with her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with KAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Prompt service, attentive but not instrusive. Food was great.Special Features:
- Each Meal Under 460 CaloriesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/26/2014If you are on a calorie restricted diet or just want something small this is a great place. The food is excellent... Jailhouse Salmon for example. Lots of flavours and textures but under 460 calories per meal. It is a great lunch place but also good at dinner and not as crowded but the ambience is a little bright. There were also several "parties" going on after work so you got to listen to speeches. There is a fairly good wine list, if you want to blow those calories. Service was good and fairly efficient as we were off to the theatre and had limited timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy option but food not greatEetzWellDined on 2/25/2014Have had lunch many times here. The menu is healthy and gluten free options are available which is great. Usually the taste doesn't lack even though menu is 650 calories or less for each dish. Had the halibut and guest had salmon this time. The food took a long time to come out, wasn't up to par vs. prior experiences and it took a very long time for the server to reappear and put my credit card through when it came time to settle. Not great for lunch time crowd that needs to head back to the office. Not what I expected given past positive experiences on food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good and was deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2014Food was good and was delivered quickly. Server did not listen and made a number of mistakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grilled Beef Tenderloinseedoubleyou416Dined on 2/19/2014The Grilled Beef Tenderloin was done to perfection (medium rare). I've been to Four twice before and the service, ambience and food are always consistent. Even though the Olympic Men's Hockey team were playing their first game of the Olympics the restaurant was not too crowded so the noise level wasn't too bad. Odd though that even though the place wasn't packed I couldn't get a reservation for noon but had to book for 11:45 AM instead. Wasn't a problem for our host or our server, I just thought it was odd. All in all Four is a decent place for a mid-price range business lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We got seated right away and got water quickly as well. After looking at the menu we made our food choices and the server agreed with all of them. I had the crab cake and it was amazing. My boyfriend has the hummus and it was also great with lots of olive oil drizzled on top. Our second round of food came out and it was quite bland. The homemade corn tortillas were about 5 mm thick and the filling was not seasoned. The Thai chicken dish was also under seasoned. I also had the peach negroni. It was strong so in my opinion that makes a good drink ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit before Raptors gameIngridVIPDined on 2/12/2014Made a reservation for a quick bit before the raptors game. We started with the soup I had the Malaysian Coconut Soup which was very nice with lots of vegetables and chicken, I would definitely recommend it it was very tasty with a vibrant broth. My husband had the soup of the day which was a sweet potato and corn puree which was also very nice. I then had the spinach gnocchi which was very nice light and tasty. My husband had the mini bison sliders which he said where very good. We did not have dessert and coffee but we would have had time and I know the desserts are great if you like a small bitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewthekajVIPDined on 2/5/2014I was pleased that all items on the menu were 650 calories or less. I also liked that they use very little dairy. I was pleased with the calamari and crab cake appetizers. They were excellent and tasty. My daughter enjoyed the jailhouse salmon. I was only disappointed in both the red and yellow beet salad and the miso romaine salad.. Just not up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for LunchKejabuDined on 2/4/2014I return to Four regularly for business and networking lunches. A great busy vibe without being too noisy. A good selection of food that is healthy and tasty. Service is fast an attentive and it is located right downtown. My guests have had nothing but good things to say about the experience as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TapasLucyE20Dined on 1/16/2014Went with a good friend for dinner, we both ordered a glass of the Malbec which was delicious, and ordered 3 tapas and it was plenty for the two of us. Highly recommend the fish tacos, the edamame, and the crab cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four reduxspencj3Dined on 1/15/2014Had occasion to join a friend at this great spot beneath Far Niente. I have always appreciated the fact that they catered to different tastes and different diets, including gluten free. The best event is dessert...instead of serving outsize desserts that few care to indulge, Four provides your choice of shot-glass sized desserts, so that you can end lunch with a sweet without feeling stuffed..brilliant! And delicious! A great vibe, not too noisy...just right all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, long waitSleepyDined on 1/14/2014I've been here a few times, and it always seems like a very long wait to be served. We arrived at 12, were seated, placed our order within 10 minutes, and didn't get our food until 12:50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a gimmickBusyLawyerDined on 1/10/2014I went to FOUR with a business colleague of mine half-expecting that the "under 600 calories" advertisement was a gimmick and that the food would not be so great. Diners might put up with sub-par quality for the enticement of less calories. I was pleasantly surprised with simple but good food, fancily presented, at a reasonable price particularly since we are talking about a restaurant in the PATH at the Financial District. There are also truly vegetarian and gluten free options. This is a spot you can take picky eaters, people with dietary restrictions, and people who like simple and fresh ingredients, but it's fancy enough for a client lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spotnomsterDined on 1/8/2014Delicious food, busy atmosphere, definitely a hot spot in the area for business lunches. It was a wonderful idea to have a place where you can get a decent meal without all the calories. I had the tuna which was great. My colleague has two of the juices from the juice bar. Will definitely recommend to others going forward.Special Features:
- Four is perfect for lunch!TornativeDined on 1/3/2014Four is perfect for lunch, whether it is a business, personal or date lunch. The food is creative, well prepared and presented, and best of all - the portions are a 'normal size' (read: not oversized), as well as healthy and lowish on the caloric scale (if that matters to you). The service is even better than the food. Although the room is decorated in a minimalist style (concrete floors, bare walls, dim lighting) it is on the quiet side, even when filled with a chatty lunch time crowd. Four is a really great, quiet getaway restaurant with fair prices in the downtown financial core.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.