Four Seasons Hotel
One Logan Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fourseasons.com/philadelphia/dining/restaurants/fountain_restaurant/
- Phone: 2159631500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
(Closed Monday and Sunday Night)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Global, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fountain Restaurant
As one of the country's only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond awards recipients, Fountain Restaurant has earned national acclaim for its impeccable service and cuisine. Set within a modern, yet warm atmosphere surrounded by local artistic works, diners are treated to a view of the stunning Swann Memorial Fountain along Philadelphia's renowned Parkway Museums District. Fountain Restaurant is considered one of the city's – and the country's – best restaurants, having been rated the number one restaurant in Philadelphia by Zagat Survey and receiving top honors from the Philadelphia Inquirer, Robb Report,and Bon Appétit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fountain Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Fountain Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (47)romantic (35)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (23)scenic view (19)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (11)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Staff is excellent. Very friendly and inviting. Food is so so.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 9/12/2014This has become the grandaddy if Philadelphia and it never fails to deliver. Impeccable service and outstanding and elegantly presented food HIGHLY recommendedSpecial Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/23/2014The Fountain continues to provide wonderful food, superb service, and a lovely atmosphere. May it remain as is when the Four Seasons moves!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014phenomenal service, but food was just average...and at over $50 per entree, it should be excellent, but just wasn't. Not even close really. From the salads to the entrees, my wife and are were disappointed. Very blah... Went to the butcher and singer for the baked alaska, and that salvaged our eating night on the town.
- A Great Place For Dinner.DrdreeDined on 8/22/2014The Front Bartender Gary, Can Make Some Out Of This World Drinks. We Had The Five Course Meal, With The Wine Tastings. Everybody That Works At The Fountain, Really Treats The Guest Great. Old World service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014The Fountain is my favorite Philly restaurant! The exceptional food, presentation and service are consistently of the highest quality.
- EdwardVIPDined on 8/8/2014The Fountain has for many years been at the top of our list of fine Philadelphia area restaurants. Although in almost all respects it stays there, the service was not up to its usual standards. I suspect the person who takes orders was simply overloaded. Usually, the staff anticipates what we want or need. This time, we had to wait while the waiter did "bookkeeping" and eventually ask for things, such as ordering our meal, wine refills, etc. It's still a great place to dine, and I hope this was an "off" night for the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2014There was a fairly noise bar near the restaurant which was not so bad but I could not say it was perfect because of it. Otherwise it was perfect. We had the tasting menu which was pretty reasonable at $80 for this quality of food. I won't go into the rest of the meal although it was spectacular but the desert was very different and amazing it included a corn cake and corn ice cream. Doesn't sound too amazing, try it. One last thing this is one of the few restaurants that lets you do some substitution with the menu,a nice feature.Special Features:
- Wish it wasNanookDined on 8/2/2014We have waited for years for a special occasion to warrant spending the amount of money necessary to go to the fountain. I was set for the best food ever. It was good but both meat dishes were overlooked to the point where they took the entrees off the bill. That was nice but no excuse for poor cooking. The dishes were beautiful and very delicious but not outstanding which was a big disappointment. My husband and I both cook for a hobby so we know great food when we taste it. We so wanted this to be a mind blowing experience but alas it was not to be. Perhaps they will improve by our 50th anniversary. It was only 40 for this one.Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Had anniversary dinner at Fountain restaurant and everything was excellent from the squash soup to the tomato salad treo, to the main courses for my wife and I. Waiter very attentive but not obtrusive and made special arrangements for desert to be delivered to our room. cocktails were also terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceTonyVIPDined on 7/15/2014Very pleasant experience. Relaxed dining. We both had the tasting menu, one with the wine pairing. Professional staff, food cooked well and well mannered fellow diners....what more could one ask for?
- DisappointingVeggiegirl25Dined on 7/2/2014Terribly overpriced...5 and 6 dollars each for iced tea and coke is outrageous!! Brought one wrong entree out of four and then said she forgot to tell him of the change. 29.00 dollars for a green salad with a sprinkle of pistachios! Will not return!! 4.00 for a scoop of peanut butter!
- ExcellentPhillydinersDined on 7/1/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday at Fountain. Staff made her feel special with a happy birthday welcome from the maître de and the waiter. We enjoyed the three course price fix menu with wine pairings. The pace of the courses, wine selection, and delicacy of the preparation was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchJakeDined on 6/28/2014Everything went very well, one of the best restaurant experiences we've ever had - it has become a must for every time we visit Philadelphia. The staff went out of their way to meet our special diet needs, and was very knowledgeable about the food and wine. They were flexible, and let us order off the fixe menu and the entre menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FountainArleneVIPDined on 6/20/2014I have been to The Fountain at least a dozen times over the years and it has never disappointed. I brought two out-of-town guests who were staying at the Four Seasons for dinner following a wonderful visit to the Barnes Gallery, located across the Parkway. My friends are fussy about everything from where they sit in a restaurant to the food and of course the service. They raved about everything, making the experience a proud Philadelphia moment. A visit to the bar, located just outside the main restaurant, was relaxing and elegant. I would give the place six stars were the sixth available. If you want to impress someone on a special event -- my husband's graduation dinner was here 20 years ago -- The Fountain is the perfect venue.Special Features:
- An excellent dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014One of the things we planned in celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary was to take some very special friends to the Fountain Restaurant for dinner. It was the perfect choice. The ambiance is one of comfortable, quiet sophistication. The service is attentive and gracious but unobtrusive. The food and wines were nothing less than excellent. Our party all agreed that we should treat ourselves to a special evening like this more often.Special Features:
- fabulous fooddancing1954Dined on 6/10/2014The food at the Fountain met all of our expectations. We don't usually spend that much for dinner out and we expect a lot for the price. The food did not disappoint in any way. The dishes were delicious and very creative. Every ingredient was prepared exactly right. The service was not as good as we had expected. Several times we asked for things and then they did not arrive (more bread, ice for the water)for quite some time. The waiter who poured the wine did not know how to pour a bubbly wine. None of these things was very bad and we found most of the waitstaff very personable and helpful, but with those prices we expected closer to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasionFoodbuffDined on 6/7/2014We were treated like royalty from the moment we walked in the door. The food was on a level above anything I have ever had - the paella was just fantastic. The staff knew instinctually when the opportune moment to check in with us was. Their demeanor had this way of making us feel like we were VIPs. We'll definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More vegetarian options neededmgordonDined on 6/7/2014Only one vegetarian entree on the menu- polenta, which my wife, a vegetarian, does not like. They did prepare a nice plate of vegetable for her-very good, but not exceptional or very creative. Many restaurants of this caliber now have full vegetarian menus.Special Features:
- Wonderful and special meal!ktk19147Dined on 6/7/2014My first time here, but wanted to celebrate in style a friend's big birthday and we both had a wonderful meal w/ great service, quiet but classy ambience, and a variety of very tasty dishes. My friend was most impressed and thought both the meat and the sauce of his entree were exquisite. I very much enjoyed my scallops appetizer and the fish entree, which had a great melange of flavors and a pretty presentation. The desserts were also quite rich and wonderful.Special Features:
- KolkiKolkiDined on 6/7/2014We celebrated our 30th anniversary and we were not disappointed at all. From the start, the service was excellent. I had the chef's menu(5 course dinner), and my husband had the red snapper. We did not have to ask for anything. Our waiters were very attentive. They even surprised us with a nice celebration for our desert. I highly recommend the Fountain Restaurant especially for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fountain Restaurant, PhiladelphiajackdocDined on 6/5/2014This is a perfect place for a special occasion. It was a special birthday for my wife and there were other "special occasions" being celebrated at the same time. It is expensive but worth it. Not only was the food extraordinary but the presentations were most attractive and the service was impeccable. We strongly recommend the food, the wine, the service and even the cutlery. My wife's Cod was wonderful. Do not forget to save some room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedGeneVIPDined on 5/31/2014Still a beautiful place to dine. But the food is overly complicated and engineered. Service was attentive but a bit stiff.Special Features:
- ArjayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/29/2014Food worth the price, service outstanding. The wine list is good but absurdly overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special Dinnerpft3VIPDined on 5/29/2014Superlative service, dinner and ambience. It was a most special experience. I look forward to another occasion.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2014One of the best restaurants in Philadelphia. Five stars in all categories.
- The following 1038 reviews are from the Fountain Restaurant reviews archive.
- A Fantastic ExperienceTheStones10Dined on 5/17/2014This is our Anniversary spot. We come here every year for our special night. The ambiance is perfect, the wait staff is very courteous and professional. The food is impeccable. I can't find anything wrong with The Fountain restaurant. We celebrated our 10 Year here and they made it an evening to remember. My Husband proposed to me all over again right at our table and the restaurant had 1 dozen roses waiting for me on the table when we first arrived. It was a perfect setting for a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fountain Rest. a Philadelphia GemMaxieVIPDined on 5/9/2014everything always done perfectly, a very classic and memorable restaurant. It is in a Four Seasons, so expect it to be a bit pricey.Special Features:
- The perfect meal. The perfect placeSouthJerseyGirlDined on 4/30/2014Impeccable in every way, just be prepared to fall in love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great birthday celebration!IdaluciaVIPDined on 4/26/2014Friendly, excellent service was only exceeded by the outstanding food. The special appetizer, boneless chicken stuffed with escargot in a truffle sauce was exquisite and the halibut with ramp spaetzel was fresh and succulent.Special Features:
- Tasty and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014It was a special experience that has become foreign to Philly's vibrant restaurant scene. This place still holds up and you should go before they close it up. Great Chef's tasting menu and the wine pairings were excellent. Food incredible. Chef was awesome, and the service is old school awesomeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/26/2014Time after time uniformly superior dining experience. Food, wine and service always first class. Nasty rumor is that the Four Seasons will relocate to the new Comcast building and NOT recreate the Fountain Room. Please say it isn't so!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SublimeklinkVIPDined on 4/26/2014Worry free dining experience. Attentive professional wait staff, approachably elegant ambience, windows connect you to beautiful grounds and view of Logan Circle. Food carefully conceived, perfectly prepared, beautifully executed. The price fixe with wine set me back enough to eat PB&J sandwiches for a long while. Worth it.Special Features:
- No better place in PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/25/2014Had a very nice, quiet Friday lunch. The fish dishes were outstanding. Excellent service. Very expensive, but you get what you pay for these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014When we arrived, we were told that we didn't have a reservation, even though I had received the confirmation. They seated us anyway, but I don't understand why they didn't have our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mp42VIPDined on 4/23/2014Food used to be better....new chef? Service and ambience very good. Cocktails very expensive $17but also very large...toolarge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014It just did not meet the standards for which I remember The Four Seasons stands.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2014Excellent from beginning to end. Even though we were there for the first time with a 1/2 off coupon we were treated as regulars. The food was excellent with perfect sized portions and the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe just my dishSammyDined on 4/12/2014Major, major disappointment. Meal was tasteless - kind of diner - level.
- Food and service always outstandingBaRGaiNHuNTeRDined on 4/9/2014The food and service at the Fountain are always top notch. I've been there for brunch and for dinner multiple times. Either way, you can't go wrong. You will be treated like a celebrity and will eat like a champ.Special Features: