Four Seasons Hotel
One Logan Square
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fourseasons.com/philadelphia/dining/restaurants/fountain_restaurant/
- Phone: (215) 963-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
(Closed Monday and Sunday Night)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Global, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fountain Restaurant
As one of the country's only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond awards recipients, Fountain Restaurant has earned national acclaim for its impeccable service and cuisine. Set within a modern, yet warm atmosphere surrounded by local artistic works, diners are treated to a view of the stunning Swann Memorial Fountain along Philadelphia's renowned Parkway Museums District. Fountain Restaurant is considered one of the city's – and the country's – best restaurants, having been rated the number one restaurant in Philadelphia by Zagat Survey and receiving top honors from the Philadelphia Inquirer, Robb Report,and Bon Appétit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Fountain Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Fountain Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (41)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (27)scenic view (16)great for lunch (11)good for groups (10)great for brunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent RestaurantCarrieVIPDined on 11/22/2014My wife and I had a wonderful meal at the Fountain Restaurant. The service was great and the food was incredible. We had an absolutely wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything superb but a few boistrous patronsSamZDined on 11/19/2014The staff was courteous beyond courtesy. The food well-preparede and beautifuly served Most of the other patrons were at two large tables and their conversations not at all muted. This may be, in part, a consequence of their efforts speak across the large tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2014We enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Fountain Restaurant . It is always on our list of go to restaurants whenever we visit Philadelphia. We were so disappointed to learn that the Fountain will stop serving dinners at the end of December!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced. Hard to see the Value.DjcinpaDined on 11/18/2014I knew the place was expensive, but I just didn't see the value in the experience. Service was not timely as we waited a noticeably long time before offering to take our order. Our table for three was set to be a round rather than a square (extensions were raised) which made our table discussion seem a little awkward. I noticed that tables were arranged as alternating squares and rounds. To bad we were not asked if we had a preference. Finally, I personally prefer my meal setting on a full size placemat or table cloth, but they use a small circle pad to accept the dinner plate. Everything else, glasses, silverware, etc. is on the table. I suppose it works, but it seemed odd, and not ideal for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- DeeDeeDined on 11/15/2014Still one of Philadelphia's best restaurants thankfully without the "trendiness" and false hype of many other well regarded area placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceRichDined on 11/15/2014The service in the fountain is by far the best I have ever experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Disappointment In Over 20 YearsBoidVIPDined on 11/15/2014Halibut entree was returned to kitchen less than one-fourth eaten due to being very overcooked and dry. No one asked why or showed any concern.
- Why I would not go to the Fountain restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014I had lunch and dinner there the same day. Lunch was fine but not particularly interesting. Dinner was very disappointing..esp considering their rating. The food was bland, and after asking for salt and having two shakers not function, I gave up. The service was terrible..so slow. It took four hours to have a two course meal. Wonder how long it takes for the tasting menu? I would never go again.Special Features:
- Kind of disappointingpjmiller60Dined on 11/4/2014I had a business lunch this past Tuesday and The Fountain is a lovely restaurant but my order was underwhelming. I had the Lobster Chopped Salad which consisted of a heap of shredded romaine lettuce with several very small pieces of lobster and some ranch dressing for $38.Special Features:
- excellentjulesDined on 10/24/2014We were celebrating the end of our honeymoon by having dinner in one of the best restaurants in the city, We really enjoyed the chefs tasting menu. It was so delicious. I loved the first course the most! potato leak soup. DELISH! The service was wonderful. They really made us feel welcome. The pork was amazing as a main course. They even gave us some cookies for the road since were had just got married. They made us feel very special. A great place to dine if you want a culinary experience with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- effdDined on 10/24/2014I enjoyed my dinner very much. The food was delicious. The service was excellent. The restaurant was beautiful.Special Features:
- Fantastic!love2dineVIPDined on 10/8/2014While staying 2 days at The Four Seasons in Philly, my husband and I decided to have dinner here our last night. We are so glad we did; what an incredible meal! My beetroot salad was outstanding and the hen breast entrée flavorful and moist. My husband chose the semolina & ricotta gnudi as his starter and the sea scallop w/ braised veal cheek duet as his entrée. To say he thoroughly enjoyed each would be an understatement! We will be talking about this meal for some time to come and want to give kudos to the chef and his staff; all deserve the 5 AAA Diamond rating they have received!Special Features:
- Unbelievable Food Experience!!GreggVIPDined on 10/4/2014Excellent Restaurant!!! Chef 's menu was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShirleySheweDined on 10/2/2014Met for a business meeting breakfast. Very delighted with the service, the food and the ambiance of the restaurant. Always good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Great food and service as you would expect from a Four Seasons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/20/2014I was greatly disappointed with the service at the Fountain. The servers did not know much about the food. The water glasses were filled only once with no one coming around to pour more. The wine service was poor, no one refilled the glasses and the sommelier was unavailable to help with selection of wine. The food was average quality - equal to a neighborhood restaurant.
- Expected excellence, got mediocrityGolfer74Dined on 9/20/2014Had lunch on the weekend (Sat). Expected a special occasion, excellent lunch. Started with rolls that were not fresh, and difficult to chew. Salads mediocre, too heavy in dressing, nothing special added. Entrees (Salmon) were OK, on par with a typical good restaurant. Dessert also OK, on par with an average restaurant. Service was above average but not special in any way. The price was ridiculously high and definitely not worth it.Special Features:
- Best Anniversary Dinner!ItwasFABULOUSDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed our Anniversary Dinner at the Fountain Restaurant. Every person we came into contact with was friendly and welcoming. The woman who kept bringing us food was so funny, she was the best part of our time there. I really wish I had gotten her name to give kudos to the restaurant. She brought out a nice dessert sampler for with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate. The food was AMAZING, we had a very lovely evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Staff is excellent. Very friendly and inviting. Food is so so.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 9/12/2014This has become the grandaddy if Philadelphia and it never fails to deliver. Impeccable service and outstanding and elegantly presented food HIGHLY recommendedSpecial Features:
- Always Perfect!RJS123VIPDined on 9/12/2014The Fountain Room has been my go-to restaurant in Philadelphia for business lunches. The restaurant is elegant without being stuffy. The service is always amazing as is the food and the presentation! You can't go wrong. It is not even that expensive comparatively speaking. My clients are always impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you want to dine fine.johngVIPDined on 9/4/2014This is the dining room at the Fairmont Hotel. I have always found the Fairmont Hotel dining facilities to be of the highest quality and to have excellent food. The service is always outstanding, although at times a bit overbearing. But you're paying for, you might as well enjoy it.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/23/2014The Fountain continues to provide wonderful food, superb service, and a lovely atmosphere. May it remain as is when the Four Seasons moves!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014phenomenal service, but food was just average...and at over $50 per entree, it should be excellent, but just wasn't. Not even close really. From the salads to the entrees, my wife and are were disappointed. Very blah... Went to the butcher and singer for the baked alaska, and that salvaged our eating night on the town.
- A Great Place For Dinner.DrdreeDined on 8/22/2014The Front Bartender Gary, Can Make Some Out Of This World Drinks. We Had The Five Course Meal, With The Wine Tastings. Everybody That Works At The Fountain, Really Treats The Guest Great. Old World service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014The Fountain is my favorite Philly restaurant! The exceptional food, presentation and service are consistently of the highest quality.
- EdwardVIPDined on 8/8/2014The Fountain has for many years been at the top of our list of fine Philadelphia area restaurants. Although in almost all respects it stays there, the service was not up to its usual standards. I suspect the person who takes orders was simply overloaded. Usually, the staff anticipates what we want or need. This time, we had to wait while the waiter did "bookkeeping" and eventually ask for things, such as ordering our meal, wine refills, etc. It's still a great place to dine, and I hope this was an "off" night for the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2014There was a fairly noise bar near the restaurant which was not so bad but I could not say it was perfect because of it. Otherwise it was perfect. We had the tasting menu which was pretty reasonable at $80 for this quality of food. I won't go into the rest of the meal although it was spectacular but the desert was very different and amazing it included a corn cake and corn ice cream. Doesn't sound too amazing, try it. One last thing this is one of the few restaurants that lets you do some substitution with the menu,a nice feature.Special Features:
- Wish it wasNanookDined on 8/2/2014We have waited for years for a special occasion to warrant spending the amount of money necessary to go to the fountain. I was set for the best food ever. It was good but both meat dishes were overlooked to the point where they took the entrees off the bill. That was nice but no excuse for poor cooking. The dishes were beautiful and very delicious but not outstanding which was a big disappointment. My husband and I both cook for a hobby so we know great food when we taste it. We so wanted this to be a mind blowing experience but alas it was not to be. Perhaps they will improve by our 50th anniversary. It was only 40 for this one.Special Features:
- The following 1057 reviews are from the Fountain Restaurant reviews archive.
- Outstanding as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Had anniversary dinner at Fountain restaurant and everything was excellent from the squash soup to the tomato salad treo, to the main courses for my wife and I. Waiter very attentive but not obtrusive and made special arrangements for desert to be delivered to our room. cocktails were also terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceTonyVIPDined on 7/15/2014Very pleasant experience. Relaxed dining. We both had the tasting menu, one with the wine pairing. Professional staff, food cooked well and well mannered fellow diners....what more could one ask for?
- DisappointingVeggiegirl25Dined on 7/2/2014Terribly overpriced...5 and 6 dollars each for iced tea and coke is outrageous!! Brought one wrong entree out of four and then said she forgot to tell him of the change. 29.00 dollars for a green salad with a sprinkle of pistachios! Will not return!! 4.00 for a scoop of peanut butter!
- ExcellentPhillydinersDined on 7/1/2014Celebrated my wife's birthday at Fountain. Staff made her feel special with a happy birthday welcome from the maître de and the waiter. We enjoyed the three course price fix menu with wine pairings. The pace of the courses, wine selection, and delicacy of the preparation was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchJakeDined on 6/28/2014Everything went very well, one of the best restaurant experiences we've ever had - it has become a must for every time we visit Philadelphia. The staff went out of their way to meet our special diet needs, and was very knowledgeable about the food and wine. They were flexible, and let us order off the fixe menu and the entre menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FountainArleneVIPDined on 6/20/2014I have been to The Fountain at least a dozen times over the years and it has never disappointed. I brought two out-of-town guests who were staying at the Four Seasons for dinner following a wonderful visit to the Barnes Gallery, located across the Parkway. My friends are fussy about everything from where they sit in a restaurant to the food and of course the service. They raved about everything, making the experience a proud Philadelphia moment. A visit to the bar, located just outside the main restaurant, was relaxing and elegant. I would give the place six stars were the sixth available. If you want to impress someone on a special event -- my husband's graduation dinner was here 20 years ago -- The Fountain is the perfect venue.Special Features:
- An excellent dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014One of the things we planned in celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary was to take some very special friends to the Fountain Restaurant for dinner. It was the perfect choice. The ambiance is one of comfortable, quiet sophistication. The service is attentive and gracious but unobtrusive. The food and wines were nothing less than excellent. Our party all agreed that we should treat ourselves to a special evening like this more often.Special Features:
- fabulous fooddancing1954Dined on 6/10/2014The food at the Fountain met all of our expectations. We don't usually spend that much for dinner out and we expect a lot for the price. The food did not disappoint in any way. The dishes were delicious and very creative. Every ingredient was prepared exactly right. The service was not as good as we had expected. Several times we asked for things and then they did not arrive (more bread, ice for the water)for quite some time. The waiter who poured the wine did not know how to pour a bubbly wine. None of these things was very bad and we found most of the waitstaff very personable and helpful, but with those prices we expected closer to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasionFoodbuffDined on 6/7/2014We were treated like royalty from the moment we walked in the door. The food was on a level above anything I have ever had - the paella was just fantastic. The staff knew instinctually when the opportune moment to check in with us was. Their demeanor had this way of making us feel like we were VIPs. We'll definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More vegetarian options neededmgordonDined on 6/7/2014Only one vegetarian entree on the menu- polenta, which my wife, a vegetarian, does not like. They did prepare a nice plate of vegetable for her-very good, but not exceptional or very creative. Many restaurants of this caliber now have full vegetarian menus.Special Features:
- Wonderful and special meal!ktk19147Dined on 6/7/2014My first time here, but wanted to celebrate in style a friend's big birthday and we both had a wonderful meal w/ great service, quiet but classy ambience, and a variety of very tasty dishes. My friend was most impressed and thought both the meat and the sauce of his entree were exquisite. I very much enjoyed my scallops appetizer and the fish entree, which had a great melange of flavors and a pretty presentation. The desserts were also quite rich and wonderful.Special Features: