Founders Restaurant and Bar
20 Main Street
Senoia, GA 30276Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Founders Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foundersrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7705994144
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer either sectioned off areas for private parties, or you can buy out the dining room for that special gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Tony Rossi 4045994144
A word from Founders Restaurant and Bar
Contemporary cuisine with a southern twist! Our wonderful atmosphere will send you back in time, our wonderful menu will excite you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Founders Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent venueIsabelDined on 5/12/2013This is the second time we have dined at your restaurant and both times have been an excellent dining experience. We will visit again as one of our favorite places to eat and will very highly recommend it. This last Time we had to wait longer for our food but it was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mothers day luncheon.SkipDined on 5/12/2013Mothers Day lunch with family is expected to be somewhat of a ordeal and it was. Fine food and friendly staff more than made up for any minor problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the food and service wasFredDined on 5/3/2013All the food and service was wonderful. We brought a friend from England and he said it was the best food that he had in the states. That says a lot because he loves good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to beheritage10pointesenoiaDined on 5/3/2013Price is a little high! but the food was excellent ! Scallops dish is wonderful! Would definatly recommend to anyone that is wanting to have a big city feel in a small quite town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going back againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013I've given up on this place. Each time is worse than the last. My wife and I were seated at a table at the intersection of the bar, kitchen, drink refill station and the amount of foot traffic was one of the most annoying things I have ever experienced while dining. This table just needs to be eliminated completely. The servers cut it too close to our table too many times and my arm was brushed on a couple of occassions. I just wanted a nice peaceful dinner. Then the waitress practically conned us into ordering a salad with a 'soup or salad' question after ordering the main dishes instead of 'would you like to add a soup or salad'. My steak was a tough piece of rubber. So in case anyone was wondering why I left a paltry tip...
- Don't understand the hype!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Charming ambience, but overpriced for food that was not at all impressive.Special Features:
- dining on the south sideOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/27/2013First, what a gorgeous space, and service was terrific. We had a nice meal, and everything was well prepared and attractively presented. My only complaint is that no matter what you order, it will be served with mashed potatoes, haricots verts and shredded carrots. I like potatoes, green beans and carrots just fine but wish as much thought and care went into the entire meal as goes into the entree. Bottom line: Dining options are limited on the south side, and this is certainly one of the better ones.
- Food and service were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2013Food and service were great. Always have a good meal there and bar is special. Carpetbaggers to start and then lamb chops were unbelievable.Special Features:
- Go here, you won't be dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Had my wife's surprise 50th there with 12 people, what a great time! The staff even allowed us to do some set up and took pictures of our group. Food was fantastic, and one of our guests is a CFO for a major company and he claimed the filet was the best he had ever had. Good time in a quaint atmosphere with a great staff.Special Features:
- The resturant wasn't busy,IloveshoesDined on 3/12/2013The resturant wasn't busy, and it took a very long time to receive food. Too long! Prepare to wait at the table for your order.Special Features:
- Great food ,great environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013Great food ,great environment ,just overall great place to dine.....Special Features:
- Our dinner date away fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013Our dinner date away from the kids was very good! The server described our appetizer slightly differently than what came out, but the food was excellent. I had read some reviews about small portions, but it is an upscale restaurant and so we knew what to expect.Special Features:
- Manger is Awesome, Food isOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013Manger is Awesome, Food is Fantastic, the lady at the front door needs to smile moreSpecial Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013our first visit and was very happy with the entire evening.....definitely want to return!Special Features:
- It all started when I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013It all started when I was told by a waitress that I needed to make a reservation. When we arrived it was "whomever came first". There was no hostess so it took a while to be seated. It was then that I realized that there were many tables empty. Our food did arrive after I stopped our waitress and ask her to check on it. Our food was neither hot or cold, it was "luke warm". Have you ever eaten french fries that were cooked yesterday and then warmed up? That is what my french fries tasted like. I ask the waitress for a refill on my ice tea and got it twenty minutes later. My son ordered scallops and grits and received 2 scallops and 2 tablespoons of grits! (All for $16.00.) As you can see we did not have a good experience at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great service but...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The service was great. However, my wife ordered her salmon to be cooked well done. When it arrived, it was like mush. Sent it back and when it was brought back still was not fully cooked in the center.Special Features:
- The reservation process workedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013The reservation process worked really well, especially since it was Valentine's night and we were late to make reservations. Went online, chose the time from the times available, entered our choice and got email confirmation. The day before, we received a reminder of the date and time. As for the restaurant, it was all we heard it was, really good food, nice surroundings and a very lively crowd, but still romantic. Service was really good too, with attentive service and food cooked to order. Will gladly use Open Table again without hesitation and eat at Founders if back in the area.Special Features:
- Had brunch on Sunday morning.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013Had brunch on Sunday morning. Excellent food, excellent service.Special Features:
- Why do people love this place?AtlantafoodieVIPDined on 2/8/2013This was our second visit to Founder's. People told us it is the finest restaurant in the area. The first time we weren't wowed (i.e. they weren't ready for us until 30 minutes past our reservation time, and the bleu cheese mashed potatoes tasted an awful lot like Potato Buds to me). We acknowledge that anyone can have an off night, so we tried them again. This time it was 9:00 pm on a Friday; they were not busy. We got a nice, quiet table in the back. Our server as awkward, and perhaps inexperienced. I ordered the beggar's purse appetizer and cheese fondue appetizer. The beef in the beggar's purse was nearly unchewable it was so tough. The fondue was just ok. It took quite awhile to get the check (our server was having a smoke).
- Expensive bar drinks, it tookOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Expensive bar drinks, it took an hour to receive the appetizers and an additional hour to get the main course.
- Computers had "gone down"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Computers had "gone down" so service was slow. Band was good, but a little loud and it was somewhat hard to hear when they were playing... Overall, it was a good experience. We enjoy Founders and will go again and again, I'm sure.Special Features:
- Food was good, service isOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2013Food was good, service is slow on busy nights. It took an hour after finishing our salad for our dinner to arrive, way too long.Special Features:
- Where is the founders I love?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Let me premise this by saying founders was one of our favorite restaurants before tonight. I decided to take my family to Founders to celebrate my son's baptism. We had been raving over the quality of Founders food and many of our relatives had never been. I am so disappointed. They had live music which was nice but it was so loud we had to shout at the person sitting next to us. The service was good at first but quickly slowed to a halt. After we ordered it took nearly an hour to get our food and 3 of 10 orders were wrong. The shrimp and grits, my husbands former favorite, looked like instant grits with a few shrimp. The bistro filet was a sirloin tip not a filet. Very disappointing and a shadow of the restaurant it used to be.
- 1st time & will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/26/2013Great food and our waitress was fabulous. Not too stuffy & she had a great sense of humor. My only suggestion is regarding the table toward the back of the booths. We stared at a wall. Just a suggestion but I would either lower that wall or add glass so everyone can see toward the front of building. I would highly recommend the blackened tilapia or grouper special. Both were excellent. The best steamed spinach in the world! Next time, I'm getting the scallops.Special Features:
- Celebrated a 90th birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Celebrated a 90th birthday. Had a nice time and good meal.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic. I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Food was fantastic. I would recommended going on an off night to ensure your service does not suffer.
- A Must Visit RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013We were totally impressed. I was a little hesitant after reading some of the previous reviews, but they exceeded all expectations. Appetizers were delicious, especially the "Carpet Baggers". Very nice menu with interesting selections (all items available, versus previous reviews) Dinners came out all together (versus previous reviews) all was hot & of good quality. Wine list is very nice & the servers suggestions paired nice with the meal. Service "Natalie" was great, water never ran dry & as plates were emptied they were promptly removed from table. I think the pricing is comparable to any upscale establishment in ATL ($175/4 pp - 3Apps/Dinner, drinks & Tip) - Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Founders have a limited menuJoelDined on 1/5/2013Founders have a limited menu but what they do prepare is very good. The service is fair at best. Locals wait tables and really don't have the knowledge of how to take care of guests as finer restaurants do. I believe the restaurant is trying to impress customers with an eclectic wine list that contains a number of varietals and wineries only known to the experienced enthusiast. Only a $10 corkage fee for the wine that you bring.Special Features:
- What a GREAT experience weKH408Dined on 1/3/2013What a GREAT experience we had at Founders! We highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Try the green tomatoe app,faainvaVIPDined on 1/3/2013Try the green tomatoe app, I had the taskte of poork (good), my wife had the BBG samlon (also good). $10 corage fee, so bring your best. I also had a iceberg wedge salad which as good. We have never had a bad meal here.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2013The atmosphere was excellent, the service was excellent, and the lighting was just right--I do not like feeling like I am eating in a dimly lit cave. Overall the food was very good to excellent.Special Features:
- My wife and I made our firstSpartyDined on 12/31/2012My wife and I made our first visit to Founders for dinner on New Years Eve. We really enjoyed the friendly service, romantic atmosphere, and wonderful food. We definitely recommend Founders and plan on returning ourselves.Special Features:
- We have dined here severalAtlGrlDined on 12/31/2012We have dined here several times, both for brunch and dinner. Generally our food is pretty good. Service can be uneven--sometimes it's great and sometimes a little lacking. It's one of the few decent restaurants in south metro Atlanta.Special Features:
- We have dined at Founder'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012We have dined at Founder's several times and have enjoyed every visit. The food is the best South of Atlanta and is nestled in a quaint town. I would recommend for a special occasion or take a group of friends for a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Food is much improved hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2012Food is much improved here over six months ago. Had considered not going back based on our last meal there, but were told by friends that had gotten better. Two of us had steak entrees that were very good compared to anything else we have had locally. Appetizers were good to0, not outstanding but for Peachtree City and the surrounding area this is definitely one of the top picks. Good atmosphere, good service, overall a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great local establishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/28/2012This is a great local restaurant with outstanding food. My wife and I enjoy eating here every chance that we have. It provides a quaint, relaxing atmosphere with excellent service. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- The large filet was cookedJoelDined on 12/15/2012The large filet was cooked to perfection. However, a somewhat limited menu.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2012It is very rare when you go out to eat with four adults and two kids (ages 9-12) and everyone is extreamly satisfied with their meals. Founders is a beautiful open air restaurant with a great bar area and even better food. Our experience form walking through the door to departure was 100% positive.Special Features:
- Always enjoy our visits.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012Always enjoy our visits. It is a great place to bring our out-of-town guests. Food is quite good. Love the Fried Green Tomatoes. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- Had Robert as our server,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012Had Robert as our server, who was just outstanding!!! Due to filming, restaurant was fairly quiet. Food was excellent. Overall, just an amazing dining experience! Will definitely go back again soon!Special Features: