3717 S. Sheridan
Tulsa, OK 74145Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.plattcolleges.edu/
- Phone: (918) 828-0980
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday: 11:00am -2:00pm
Ala Carte Menu Wednesday & Thursday
$7.95 Buffet Available Fridays- Call for Weekly Menu
Dinner: Wednesday - Friday : 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Seasonal Prix Fix Menu
Prix-Fixe menu for Dinner , $20- 3 Course, $24- 4 Course options
- We fill up quickly so reservations are recommended for Dinner.
- Award winning Wine menu to complement our students wonderful creations.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Jeff Howard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining options available with pre-arranged menus and dates. We offer a variety of in house menu options that may be catered to your specific tastes. Please call for information.
- Private Party Contact: Chef Jay Moore 9188280980
A word from Foundations
Our full-service, student operated restaurant offers a varied, international cuisine with a modern American influence. We would love to share with you a laid back, relaxing lunch in our open dining room. Here our students, working directly under the supervision of our professional chefs, will provide you with an excellent meal and superior service. You will actually have an opportunity to see the students at work in the restaurant kitchen as well as view our pastry students as they create exciting new desserts and pastries in their open lab. You as our Guest are also are able to be part of the education process here at the Culinary Institute of Platt College as you will be grading the students on their performance and level of skills presented. What better way to spend your Wednesday, Thursday and Friday lunches than, to not only enjoy some great cuisine, but to also help shape tomorrow’s chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Foundations - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Foundations reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)special occasion (15)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014I took my 14 year old daughter and one of her best friends to Foundations to celebrate the friend being named a National Merit Semi-Finalist. Our server was very pleasant and very knowledge. The chef was very accomodating and made us feel welcome and brought us a complimentary tray of hor'dourves which was very nice. The food was interesting and very tasty. I love the fact that you grow your own vegetables and use the edible flowers to garnish the dish. The presentations were fantastic. An overall great experience and I can't wait to come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experiencedfay79Dined on 10/3/2014My wife and i went for our five year anniversary. Definitely the right choice! The food was amazing!! My wife is not a pork person but raved about her pork dish. Even our server, who was only on his second day, did a good job. Don't go expecting a 5 star atmosphere or wait staff but the food was certainly up to that standard. You should visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Took a while to get our drink orders. Food was not real warm which is a health hazard. Also, pasta salad was tasteless, meatloaf was overdone, chicken was very small.Special Features:
- lost their liquor licenseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014lost their liquor license no wine to drink with. it would have been nice to know that before hand. food was excelent.Special Features:
- Terrible experienceSorryeveDined on 9/12/2014It was the worst meal my two friends and I have ever had. We had to return every course except dessert which we took home. What was the worst of the experience was that no one came to ask what the problem was. All three of us have gone to other cooking schools and have never had such bad experiences. Aside from the food,the server wore a soiled jacket. We had to ask for bread and water. The bread plates came late and were placed on the table helper skelter. I was very embarrassed to have taken my New York visitor here
- Excellent Food, LeisurelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014It seems the servers are novices, so as a result, expect to spend some time here. But the food and prices make it totally worth it.Special Features:
- Foundations is a Fantastic Find!HuMJahDined on 9/5/2014Every dish that came to our table was a delight - well presented and absolutely delicious. My only regret was that I wasn't able to eat it all! At Foundations, you eat from a Prix Fixe menu: the price is set based on the number of courses you order, & you choose as you please. There are generally 3 choices in each category, giving a fairly well-balanced menu, & 5 categories - even the 5 course meal is $28. We opted for 3 courses & ordered no overlaps, which allowed us to share among the variety presented. In addition, we had an amuse bouche & an intermezzo presented - both delightful. Our server was very knowledgeable & friendly. It was a great meal at a good price. Go try them - you won't be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fifty-FiftyTulsanDined on 9/5/2014Definately for foodies w/refined palate. Loved the "Top Chef like" culinary experience. We chose the 4 course meal. The pre-appetizer of salmon, foie gras, & duck were too heavy for me, grade D-. 1st course: Appetizer of shallots & smoked pancetta in red wine honey glaze would be considered a graded C+ because the shallots were somewhat cold. 2nd course: Soup of tomato & ginger (Thai) was delicious once it was salted. My mind wasn't prepared for a cold soup, grade B-. 3rd course: Grilled pork shoulder, polenta, zucchini w/red wine port glazed mushrooms & red peppers was outstanding, A-. Polenta was smooth & creamy. Mushrooms were missing. 4th course: fig icecream was outstanding, grade A+. Overall, food wasn't seasoned with basic salt.Special Features:
- BuffettTulsanDined on 8/29/2014Table reservation wasn't needed, although we did not know that. Instead, buffett is served on Fridays. The buffet was Chinese food. The food did not taste well. The rice tasted like Minute Rice and the rest of the food tasted like it was a can instead of prepared fresh. The General Tao's chicken didn't even have a spicy crust to it. Instead, it was plain chicken. They were nice enough not to make us pay due to the confusion and the food.
- Casual Friday Night Dinneraugust22ndDined on 8/22/2014I always enjoy dining at Foundations. The service varies. Sometimes it is impeccable and sometimes leaves us wanting. This night it was impeccable. I was not as impressed with some of the dishes as I usually am. The swordfish was amazing, cooked to perfection. The roulade was tough and chewy not what I would have expected. The picked beets and turnips was very decorative and I would suggest putting a little sugar in the vinegar for the turnips. They were way too sour. The beets were delicious. All in all the meal was delicious. Because I love going to Foundations I want to always add my honest feed back. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Liquor, No fine dining.Jeanne820Dined on 8/20/2014A fine dinner is NOT complete without wine. We went elsewhere. The menu did NOT look enticing.
- Awesome experiencefamilydinerDined on 7/31/2014Had my daughter in law in town visiting from Iowa and wanted to take her somewhere special. This was an awesome meal! We had a terrific dining experience and the food was delicious. We ordered the 3 course meal and 1 in our party was a vegetarian and the chef was very accommodating. Among the six of us dining we ordered three of the four options on the main course menu. While enjoying our appetizer course I mentioned to my dinner companions that I wished someone had ordered the quail so we could have tried everything. Well, when our main course was served the chef sent out an extra plate, with the quail so we could sample that as well. Wow, and it was wonderful!!! I would recommend this for anyone who likes food!Special Features:
- Lunch Find1lunchclubDined on 7/31/2014Excellent food. Waiter was underwhelming; although this is a training institution and that has to be taken into consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsjsDined on 7/30/2014The food was outstanding! It was fun to try all the different things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 134 reviews are from the Foundations reviews archive.
- Fun experience!need2goDined on 7/25/2014We enjoyed our time at Foundations. We received an appetizer dish and a palette cleanser from the chef in addition to our order! Able to experience dishes not commonly available at other restaurants. Everyone is sooo friendly.Special Features:
- Teaching at its bestFood4thoughtDined on 7/18/2014A great way for future chefs and restaurateurs to get their chops. It is always a pleasure to see on what subject the students are focused. Pleasant evening with a strong possibility of being surprised with a novel dish or presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A HIDDEN GEM!DeanSDined on 7/9/2014Wow! I had heard this place was good but it was awesome! Food was inventive, well presented and delicious. Bravo to the students. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Learning experience!BBD2Dined on 6/20/2014We went with another couple and not only felt quite full, we felt educated about what interesting food we were eating...some of which we had never tasted before. Such fresh ingredients and fresh ways to prepare. The service was cordial and entertaining as well. Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the students to practiceRealreviewfrom1localladyDined on 6/19/2014I was expecting a nice restaurant with foods with kitchen imagination (dishes with maybe a twist on a sauce). What I experienced was very fine dining at its worse (to me). The temperature of the foods served were lukewarm even the tomato soup that was very good. I started with a artichoke appetizer that was difficult to cut and lacked any flavor, it was presented very pretty and had a big cold piece of bacon in the center which I could not identify until I had placed it in my mouth. The main dish was a combination of edentulous foods with strips of portabella mushrooms, again lukewarm. The pork belly cubes where the most palatable thing that I encountered along with dessert. The wine I selected was not available because they ran out.Special Features:
- Foundations at Platt CollegeTascosaRebelDined on 6/19/2014It was a lovely evening with a few buts . . . We were told that our order wasn't submitted because the printer messed up, delaying our order. Shannon, the chef that waited on us that evening, may have had too many tables - she forgot several things we asked for but after a reminder or two, she brought it. She was very nice. We opted for the tasting menu @ $24/person. The salad course, for which we received a little of three salads, was all piled on top of each other so that it was impossible to separate the three salads and I can't say that the tastes melded that well. The other courses were served separately. As my husband said when we left, it's always an experiment at Foundations since it is a culinary school.Special Features:
- Hidden gemMHOKDined on 5/14/2014Foundations was a bit hard to find. It is part of the Platte College system. The restaurant sign is hard to see and at first glance you will think you have the wrong address. But once you locate the entrance and enter Foundations you will find a nicely decorated seating area. Food and service are provided by students. The menu is fixed each evening and you pick the number of courses you would like when you first order. Each course offers two or three choices so the variety is good. The food is high quality and the price is extremely reasonable. We were given an extra sample or two of food during the evening along with our selections. I had a ribeye steak, salad, a nice appetizer of scallops, and a chocolate creme brulee. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet on a budgetPickygourmetDined on 5/1/2014The students did a great job, crab croquets to die for, saffron sauce on the scallops made you want to lick the plate, only negative the bananas foster could have been a little warmer and the cake a little more moist. That being said it was worthy of an expensive restaurant. I plan on bringing a large group here , eg. 20 or so people. Kudos to the students and their instructors.Special Features:
- straberryDined on 4/25/2014i was there for the mexican luncheon all of the buffet was very good except for the dessert which was some kind of a fruit bread it was ok but not what i expected to be offeredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014A friend had been telling me for over a year how wonderful the Foundations Restaurant Buffet is but this was the first time I was able to visit because of my work hours. My friend's assessment of the Foundations was spot on. Great food, excellent service. I'll be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time quests are amazedJerryDined on 4/11/2014First time quests are amazed at the menu and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sister visitSuziqDined on 3/26/2014This was my second visit to Foundations while visiting my sister in Tulsa. we thoroughly enjoyed both experiences. the food is creative and very tasty. on each visit, unfortunately, at least one item was undercooked. the staff were accommodating, and the issues were resolved. I do recommend not to go on Wednesday night if you are a wine drinker as several wines we originally selected would not be delivered until their regular delivery on Thursday. Overall, an excellent place for an out of the ordinary culinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodBrunchBunchVIPDined on 3/21/2014Celebrated my daughters birthday here. Had a great meal and a fun time. The food was spectacular. Enjoyed the 5 course dinner. Can't wait to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!brocanteuseDined on 3/14/2014The service was excellent, the menu choices were wonderful. The food was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicely presented and reasonableGriffsterDined on 3/13/2014nicely presented and reasonable prices. Desserts especially goodSpecial Features:
- Gilrs Night OutSAnnTDined on 3/5/2014A group of 6 ate at Foundations on Wednesday night. We enjoyed the meal and winelist. I'd never eaten here before and was very happy with the food and wine. It is nicely furnished and the very quiet. The appetizers were delicious and followed by four additional courses that were well coooked and presented. We were served by both students and instructors.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day Double Date WediningfunDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's Day Double Date We decided to make a double date at Foundations for Valentine's day. The food was fabulous. The student wait staff were friendly and doing a good job even if waiting tables is not the job of choice. The only improvement was the time it took to get a nice glass of wine. We will definately come back for a date night and look forward to trying the lunchtime experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!BewitchedDined on 2/13/2014My husband and I recently dined at Foundations for dinner. We each chose the 4 course meal ($30). Each course was delightful with a wonderful blend of flavors and textures, all elegantly presented. We were very pleased with the quality of the food, the presentation of the food, the service and the atmosphere. I feel that Foundations is a very good value for the money. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it!MochaDined on 2/12/2014Amazing presentation, and wonderful flavor. The service as always was excellent, and informative.Special Features:
- Unexpectd gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014I found the experience of foundations to be an unexpected gem. Had no idea it was here in Tulsa until a friend who is a student at Platt College told me about it. Thanks George. I have already recommended it to several friends. The full 5 course experience was delightful and am going back next Friday for the lunch Buffet. The amuse- bouche and lime sorbet were unexpected pleasures and really made the experience that much more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not good. TheMistyDined on 1/29/2014The food was not good. The bread/toast on the turkey sandwich was way too greasy and the potato fries were not cooked. Very disappointing.
- Nathan's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2013The wait person was good but left dishes on the table that should have been removed. The food was really good. My soup, the flavor was a little too intense. Someone was chewed out for something. This should never happen where the public can overhear. Not good for the restaurant and not good for the employee to be chewed out in front of others. We did appreciate being able to bring a cake for my son's birthday. The wait person was very nice in bringing the cake out and bringing plates for the cake. But overall, we really enjoyed the experience and appreciate that you have a place like this for others to enjoy. It is good practice for the culinary school and to see what all goes on in running a restaurant. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Don't waste your moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/13/2013Hostess was rude. The food was the worst mexican / happy hour buffet I've seen. Looks like the students are learning to make bad hotel banquet food. We won't be going back.
- One of my favorite Tulsa reataurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2013A truly inviting place, Foundations is a hidden gem. Food is prepared well and it's a delight to support the students. I go there at least once a week and am always I impressed. Lunch time is fun and evening is elegant. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerFrequentFoodieDined on 11/14/2013My Manager and I went on a Thursday night as a commendation for my 10 years of service. The food was brilliant! My manager, from Houston, experienced the scallops for the appetizer and was immediately impressed. The service was slow and due to that, the food was off temperature at times. You could tell the entree had been sitting for a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foundations is a place toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2013Foundations is a place to enjoy the food and see young passionate people following their truth and dreams.Special Features: