Foundation Room Lounge - Showboat Atlantic City
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Foundation Room Lounge - Showboat Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.showboatac.com/
- Phone: 6093434523
- Hours of Operation:
Please refer to our website:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Stephen Benzinger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Adorned with mahogany walls & East-Indian decor, our 16 person private dining room is the most exclusive table in Atlantic City. Parties are welcome to create their own dining experience with a custom menu of your favorite cuisine. Our gourmet dining room is also available for parties up to 60 people. Please call 609-343-4523 for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Foundation Room Concierge 6093434523
- Entertainment: Acoustic duo's, trios and DJ's. Please call for entertainment on specific evenings.
A word from Foundation Room Lounge - Showboat Atlantic City
The Atlantic City Foundation Room Lounge is decorated in 19th century French carved mahogany, Oriental carpets, intimate booths and provides a unique setting for entertaining. Enjoy a fireside lounge, ocean views, cigar lounge and sacred prayer rooms. Complimented by our signature cocktails and martinis, extensive wine list and craft beers our new Tapas lounge menu includes savory items such as bacon wrapped dates, Zen fries, and shrimp BLT’s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Foundation Room Lounge - Showboat Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
- Rudy2VIPDined on 8/15/2014One of the worst restaurant experiences ever. Good riddance.
- Terrific GemMissMVIPDined on 3/7/2014Definitely a secret gem tucked inside the Showboat Resort...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VdayVisitorDined on 2/14/2014We went for valentines day. There was only one choice offered on the special menu. It was not desirable so my husband and i ordered off the menu. The server was unable to answer our questions about drinks and sent over a bar server. We recieved our appetizers (which were good) before our drinks. I had a filet, my husband, scallops. Just ok. All of the staff was friendly and our table overlooked the ocean. We had dined several years ago and this didn't live up to our memory. Don't know that I need to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite place in A.C.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2013Funky and cool. The food selection is more a choice between numerous appetizers, all with their own uniqueness to it. If you want standard American fare, this isn't the place for you. If you want to try some things you won't see on other menus, then give it a try. The decor has a strong Indian/Asian flare, with unique art and tapestry all around. The private dining room was a bonus, and made the two hours we were there seem like a vacation. Kathleen, our waitress was spot on with service and food suggestions and the remainder of the staff was friendly and courteous as well. This is our new favorite eating area and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!DonnaVIPDined on 5/25/2013Waitress was great, food was good. Room was excellent.Special Features:
- What a great surprise! OurDonnaSDined on 4/19/2013What a great surprise! Our first visit to the Foundation Room will not be our last. Decor and ambiance in the small private dining rooms is warm, exotic and romantic. Food was really good as well.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful waiter,DonnaVIPDined on 3/16/2013We had a wonderful waiter, Josh and the food was great. The quiet room was a plus and it was a lovely surprise. We will go again...Special Features:
- The menu does not have entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/29/2012The menu does not have entrees but is focused on interesting and delicious appetizers.Special Features:
- Service was incredible, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012Service was incredible, food was incredible. Decor was unique and fun. To top it all off, they have a pretty good whiskey menu!Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/15/2012The food was great and the service was even better. My only complaint was the limited menu. Many of the items that bring me to the Foundation Room were missing from their winter menu. However, the dishes that I did order were outstanding.
- Went with my girlfriend forSkinnybonesDined on 10/26/2012Went with my girlfriend for the second time and was my girlfriends first. She loved all the food we ordered and there as not a bite left. We felt perfectly full at end of the meal. The service was exceptional and I will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Surprised by how great it wasRDBNJDined on 10/19/2012Great meal and service. Can't wait to visit the outdoor deck.Special Features:
- Like no other in Atlantic City!nycnycVIPDined on 10/5/2012No place like it in Atlantice City. the fusion Tapas menu and the ambience are unique. Josh and Kathy, our servers, were warm and knowledgeable and ensured a wonderful dining adventure. The Kobe Steak was extraordinary and the Tempura Shrimp was outstanding. If you want something delicious and out of the ordinary, this is the place to go!Special Features:
- everything my girlfriend andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012everything my girlfriend and I ate was amazing. The ambiance is also very romantic great for a nice date. I will definetly go back to foundation room.Special Features:
- Delicious One-Of-A-Kind AC Dining.nycnycVIPDined on 8/31/2012The Foundation Room is a one-of-a-kind dining experience in Atlantic City. It offers creative small plates (many of them enough for two). My favorite is the Kobe Beef with 'Angry' Shoe String Fries and Chinese Style Long Beans-Outstanding!. The Shrimp Tempura is spicy and delicious. Just about every dish that we have tried is a delicious culinary adventure. The servers Josh and Kathy were knowledgeable, professional and fun. The decor is also unique and interesting. This restaurant is a hidden gem that is a 'Must Try'.Special Features:
- I've been here twice now andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/25/2012I've been here twice now and I've had a wonderful dining experience both times!Special Features:
- The food and the service wasSkinnybonesDined on 8/23/2012The food and the service was excellent. I went with a group here and I will for a fact be bringing my girlfriend here to have a nice romantic dinner. The servers were outstanding and the knowledge of the food was perfect. I will be back again.Special Features:
- Excellent tapas restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012Excellent tapas restaurant. Not pricy. Great service and ambiance. However, after dinner. coffee was not up to standard, especially espressoSpecial Features:
- Me and my wife enjoyed thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012Me and my wife enjoyed this experience of having dinner there . We made memories of a life time . Great food and service . We will go back every time we stay in Atlantic city .Special Features:
- Good food and nice ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2012Good food and nice ambiance. Some dishes were average but bacon wrapped dates were great.
- A unique dining experienceADashDined on 7/10/2012A unique dining experience with the most delicious food. Foundation offers small plates so you share the tastes of each dish. I highly recommend the Kobe Beef it was terrific. The atmosphere and taste/texture of the food creates a wonderful dining experience. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great,distinctive food. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012Great,distinctive food. Great ambiance and background music. Josh is superior server.Special Features:
- Ordered from the tapas styleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2012Ordered from the tapas style menu. Great food...dates with bacon great, kobe beef excellent, shrimp and scallops also great. Sat around a big lazy susan and shared 6 tapas items like the above with friends. Cool desserts too.Special Features:
- wonderful surprise. A hiddenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2012wonderful surprise. A hidden gem.The service and people were wonderful - another surprise for Atlantic City.Special Features:
- Don't miss this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2012The best service I've had in an Atlantic City restaurant in years. Loved the food, the wine. The presentation of the food is unique. Decor is fabulous and interesting. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- MUST TRY!nycnycVIPDined on 6/14/2012Chef David has created an original, innovative and 5 star menu like no other in AC. In four visits I have ordered different dishes and each dish was an amazing dining experience. These are my favorite MUST TRY dishes: Wagyu Kobe Sirloin, Bacon Wrapped Dates, BBQ Pork Burgers, 'BLT' Steamed Bun, Beef Tournedo. Before I list the MUST TRY seafood, you need to understand I never ate/enjoyed seafood until I was converted by these extraordinary dishes: Lobster Mai Tai, Himalayan Shrimp and Scallop, Crab and Avocado Stack, Crab Rangoon, Tuna Tartare(!) Also Vietnamese Spring Rolls, Flat Breads, Potato Dumplings. I am going back soon to taste some other enticing dishes on the menu. Go for an extraordinarily delicious culinary adventure!Special Features:
- Great tapas in Atlantic CityThePlannerVIPDined on 6/13/2012Delicious tapas which were great for sharing! All the art work provided us with interesting dinner conversation.Special Features:
- Great array of choices.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2012The choice was great and enjoyed the ability to eat many different offerings. Wait staff was very attentive and we thoroughly enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Great food, service didn't matchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2012Unusual menu, small plates, asian fusion. Intimate booths, persian feel-oriental rugs, pillows, statues. Highlights-flatbread with grilled vegetables and lamb chops, filet with shoestring potatos. Lamb was full of flavor. Filet was most tender i've tasted, including high end steak houses, with subtle sweet sauce to add flavor and crunchy shoestrings adding texture..yum! Dessert was unique, the "three sisters" with banana ice cream, chocolate covered pretzels, and flaming meringue. The service, however, fell flat. There were only 5 parties in the room, yet 3 small plates took 20-25 minutes. We had to flag down a server for water. Other tables ordering drinks got plenty of attention. Still, worth another try to sample the eclectic menu.Special Features:
- I was suprised and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2012I was suprised and the food exceeded my expectations.Special Features:
- I was looking for a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012I was looking for a place for my husband and I to eat that would have a great atmosphere and this establishment delivered. It is beautiful! Colorful fabric lines the walls and artifacts from all over the world decorate the space. The menu is a little exotic, but not too adventurous. It is tapas style so you can try a few different plates to get the most out of your experience. I found it tasty and romantic, but also would go back with friends. We dined in a dining room in the back of the restaurant, but there is also a bar area up front that seemed a little more lively as there was an event being hosted there.Special Features:
- unique experience....TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012unique experience....Tapas menu was very interesting and we had plenty of food for three ladies who are not big eaters.
- Great Food, Small PortionsRobNickeVIPDined on 5/24/2012The food ahd service at the Foundation Room are excellent, but their "small plates" approach does necessitate some additional planning during the dining process,as no single menu item really qualifies as an entree. Having said that, the quality of the food and the attentiveness of the service make the extra effort worthwhile. The decor is very weird, but the ocean view makes it easy to ignore the ecclectic decoration. Lastly, my server(Josh)has been with the restaurant for some time and was able to provide many helpful suggestions. Overall, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Nothing like it in AC!nycnycVIPDined on 5/24/2012First rate, innovative Fusion Tapas menu blending American cuisine with those from around the world. This clearly reflects the passion, ceativity and expertise of Chef David. Every dish we ordered was superb. The service was professional, warm and knowledgeable. We were there for a milestone anniversary dinner and server Josh went above and beyond to truly make the evening very special. The setting is unique. As you walk toward your table you are transported to special place. Simply put, if you want a delicious, delightful and extraordinary dining experience like no other in Atlantic City, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Very accommodating. GreatBuzzDined on 5/18/2012Very accommodating. Great food and fun atmosphere. Will be returning soonSpecial Features:
- Amazing atmosphere, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2012Amazing atmosphere, service was welcome & inviting. Went back the next night for after hours cocktails.Special Features:
- Eclectic decor. A "small plates"HungryGuyVIPDined on 5/12/2012Eclectic decor. A "small plates" format, but we ordered plenty of food, and the bill was moderate. Nice view of the ocean. Good food, good value, good ambience. We will certainly return next time we're at teh Showboat.Special Features:
- I loved this place! I've alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/4/2012I loved this place! I've always wanted to eat here. The food was delicious. The service was spot on and I had an all around perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- My husband and I have beeneateryDined on 5/3/2012My husband and I have been going to Atlantic City for over 25 years and just discovered the Foundation Room. Everything was perfect. Our waiter Josh was very attentive, knowledgeable about the food and friendly. The food was great. The atmosphere was wonderful. We look forward to dining again soon at the Foundation Room.Special Features:
- Unusual decor and motif thatTedk49Dined on 4/27/2012Unusual decor and motif that doesn't seem to blend well with the Showboat and its riverboat, jazzy, bluesy brand. But I liked the tapas style dinner and the service is solid.Special Features: