Foundation Restaurant and Bar
400 L Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Foundation Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://foundationsacramento.com/
- Phone: 9163219522
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jeramie Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We specialize in weddings, office parties, BBQ's, open house events and more. We offer full beverage service including wine, beer and spirits.
- Private Party Facilities: Our banquet room seats up to 50 of your guests. We do not charge banquet room fee for parties of 35 or more.*
- Private Party Contact: Matt Sin 9163219522
A word from Foundation Restaurant and Bar
A contemporary American eatery with a great bar imported from San Francisco. The Foundation R & B features an array of American and imported whiskeys, vodkas, gins, tequilas and cordials with emphasis on classic America cuisine with California flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Foundation Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Worst dining experience in SacSacFoodieDined on 7/26/2014I took my husband here for his birthday. When we walked in the first thing we noticed was that the restaurant smelled like fish (not fresh). The bartender had to come out from the bar to seat us. He helped to get us water otherwise it was a good 20 minutes before the waiter came to check on us. The flatbread tasted like the dough was from Pillsbury. The meatloaf was dry and the skirt steak was tough (not a good cut). The only good part of the meal was the wine that we brought with us! The wine list was sad. We have been to almost every restaurant in Sacramento, but had not checked this place out. We will not be going again. I'm glad we brought some good wine or my husband's birthday dinner would have been completely ruined.
- No one was at the hostess deskMonabumDined on 7/3/2014Never even got to eat because no one was there to seat us stayed for 10 mins and then left won't go backSpecial Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Foundation Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Great lunchRMurphyDined on 6/10/2014Met my client for lunch. Had a wonderful meal. Service was outstanding. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good overallNateVIPDined on 6/9/2014The last time we ate here it was called the 4th Street Grill. They seemed a little understaffed for a Monday night. Food and service were good. Joel C. was our server and did a good job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks, great eatsJdineDined on 6/7/2014A relatively new place, but one I'd like to see stock around. Foundation has fantastic mixed drinks (lychee martini was great!) and innovative food choices that keeps things interesting. My only wish is that it was closer to midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- open comfortable family diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/14/2014will add this place to our family dining rotation, food was of good quality cooked well, nice variety of amerian cuisine items and a few celelbration specials as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs some consistencyTerri2640VIPDined on 3/13/2014Service was attentive and friendly. We started with the Frito Misto which was missing the fennel, but the calamari was cooked perfectly. The Steamed Black Mussels were on the small side, but tender. Unfortunately the broth was extremely salty and we were not able to enjoy that. The black bean chili came steaming hot while New England Clam Chowder came more on the lukewarm side, rather than hot. We shared the Vietnamese grilled prawn salad. It was not as the menu stated it. It should have had more matchstick carrots and zucchini. There was no cilantro, no mint, and needed more lime juice. Love the grilled prawns. Definitely more of a happy hour place.Special Features: